Hardcore Check in August 6,2010 Friday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. I am getting ready to do Turbo Fire Fire 45 and abs. I will add some stretching and maybe other cardio to that.

Lori, have a nice trip. That is awesome that they are going to replace your BC/ME dvd:D

I am finished with w/o. I did TF EZ 30 (I don't know why the EZ is there??) and then I did a Brazil Butt w/o.

Going to have some breakfast now.

For those of you who ordered the presale, I now join your ranks, I just can't help myself:)

Diane Sue-have a great workout :)

Roselyn-She packs quite a bit into that 30 min :D I did the same thing w/ the 45 min EZ....I think she throws that EZ term around a bit too much :D

Lori-great news on the DVD, I hope you have a fun trip.

Yesterday I did MMA Kickbox and some stretching. Today I have a kettlebell circuit on the agenda and may do the Wild Black Jack 21 and another kettlebell DVD.

Ok, I am sure when I get Turbo Fire under my belt I will get a routine, but for those of you doing the program, I am looking at week 2 on the Hiit days 20 and 15 do you do some strength training on those days or more cardio and do you do those stretch 40? And in week 3 and 4 how are the tone and sculpt classes? Now tomorrow I have core 20with a stretch 40, but I feel I would want to do something with that, I have worked upper body twice and lower twice so would some more cardio be good? I am sorry for so many questions just seeing how you are all balancing with strength training.

Workout this morning was Turbo Fire Fire 45 331 calories Max HR 159, Insane Abs 33 minutes 180 calories, 10 minutes solution 5 Day Get Fit Abs and Power Yoga 93 calories 20 minutes. Total calories burned 604 1hr40min.

Roselyn, I changed my cardio days around a little because my day off is Sunday and I wanted to do weights on the Hiit days. Here is what I did. Probably a little excessive because I really wanted to play with Kelly Coffey's new workouts.
So week 2 was like this:
Mon TF Hiit 15, TF Sculpt 30, Abs 20 & I added Cardio Core Circuit Express Mix
Tues Fire 45, Turbo Fire Lower 20, wanted to try some of Kelly Coffey so I did Circuit Burn Boxing, legs and abs
Wed. Turbo Fire EZ 55, Turbo Fire Abs 10, Kelly Coffey's Lift premix refiner"core type workout with barbell" , Added Kelly's Circuit Burn cardio and boxing premix from Circuit Burn
Thurs. Turbo Fire Hiit 20, Turbo Fire Tone 30, Kelly Coffey Olympic Lifting, Premix from Kelly's Power Sculpting Core and legs, yoga
Fri. Fire 45, Insane abs, 10 Min solution 5 day get fit abs and yoga
Finished all of this weeks Turbo Fires and then some
Sat. Kelly Coffey Power Sculpting, and 1 of the two Circuit Burn Circuits Turbo Fire Stretch 40

Theresa, I love the MMA workouts. What is the Wild Black Jack 21??

Roselyn-those are great questions but I haven't used the Turbo Fire as "prescribed"; I am just inserting them in my cardio days. I think you are getting a good mix w/ 2 days or upper and lower plus the cardio.

Diane Sue-
It's the newest AOS workout w/ the ropes gone wild. It has just a rgw cardio and then another workout w/ kb moves also. HOwever, I have not gotten around to that yet, I am freakin' exhausted for some reason. :(

Thanks Diane Sue and Theresa, now are you guys following that turbo diet at all? And if you do, do you have all the meals she lists? Do you make dinner your last meal like Chalean does or do you have a snack after dinner at all, I am trying to get my eats in good shape so any advice please send my way. Is there an abs 10 in TF? Diane Sue, are Kelly's new dvds good?

Roselyn-I only saw the 20 min abs, but half is standing and the other half recumbent so I am sure you could just split it up. As far as the eats, I thought about following the plan (I am assuming you are referring to the overall not the inferno plan) but I don't operate that way. Personally, I like to eat the same things for meals and snacks through the weeks to save myself cooking time. Wish I could be more help :eek:

I just got a book called Intuitive Eating (which was recommended by Linda) that I just started looking through. It deals more w/ the emotional eating and breaking free from "diets" and restrictions. A LOT of light bulbs have gone off in the parts I have read. I keep gaining and losing the same weight and never going any further. Right now I am in the gain part, and I am working my way back up to being close to my heaviest weight.......I am frustrated and tired. I will pass along anything you want to know :)

Last edited:
Roselyn, the Abs 10 is with the Advanced set of Turbo Fires. I generally eat something like Chalene has it outlined but am not a big bread, cereal and starchy carb eater. I also cannot bring nut butters in the house because I lose self control and eat the whole things. I wanted some peanut butter for one of the salad dressings in the Turbo Fire Cookbooks so I just purchased a couple of those little single servings pouches. So, I am using some of the recipes. I did follow the 5 day inferno plan to start. Today's eats were protein shake post workout, lunch with dh so I had grilled chicken salad, dinner was a pasta dish from Clean Eating Magazine,Penne with butternut Squash, sage and hazelnuts. I used Carba Nada low carb pasta and made a salad to go with it. I will probably have a protein shake or a little protein powder in a shake sometime before bed.
Really, I would say the last meal at dinner would depend on how late dinner is and whether you are trying to lose weight. I think usually the carbs should be lower in the evening than earlier because you just don't need them for energy if you are going to bed. Also Chalene's plan and many others do not take into consideration that some people workout shortly after waking up. I don't usually have time for breakfast and to wait to workout in the morning. So, I will make a protein shake or mix some protein powder with a small amount of orange juice and water to drink while I am working out. So, I consider that as one of my snacks.
So far I really like Kelly's new workouts. I am looking forward to trying some more tomorrow.

Theresa, the thought of intuitive eating just makes me think intuition would have me eating everything in sight :D I am sure the book is more enlightening than the title sounds LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.