Hardcore Check in Aprol 19, Sunday

WD

Cathlete
Today is my rest day. I am going to spend time with my family. If the rain goes I will go outside and do some yard work later. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend:)

Hi Diane Sue! Enjoy your day with the family.

I am also taking another rest day- been stretching and the rubbing the tendon and trying not to be grumpy about it. :)

I think I will try a new protein bar recipe for DH today. We're heading to Sam's in a little bit so I have to get the kids dressed.

Today is a rest day for me too. It is rainy here in St. Louis, so I will be indoors cleaning up and trying to finish knitting a baby afghan. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Just got back from church and heading to the gym. Gonna work shoulders/arms/abs and HIIT on TM.

The weather is GORGEOUS here...90 degrees!....will be out by the pool when done with workout! :)

Patti....hope your calf is getting better.

Have a great day!

Thanks for the support everyone. I know I didn't post my eats Friday but they were spot on and couldn't be happier than that. Thursday & Friday my calories were a little low, but kind of planned it because had a wedding last night so was saving up a bit. Although I have no idea how many calories I ate at the the wedding (because how do you tell what's in there on on there?) I am proud that I kept my eating clean all day then at the wedding I more tasted all the forbidden things rather than it them, like fresh mozzerella - Had four but they were about 1/2 inch, two bites of loaded mash potatoes, small salad drowned in ceasar dressing, 1/2 cup veggies drowned in butter?, and four butternut squash ravioli. For dessert I had about a tblsp of icecream and half of the chocolate off a chocolate covered strawberry. Then of course I danced like a mad woman and hope I burned off at least half of it.:p

Yesterday Back.

4 DS HISthrough first blast for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

BACK
Standing DB Rows:
22's - 7 sets/13-9 reps
20's - 1 set/10 reps
***Up 1#, but wimped out on the last set and had to drop. It was more my forearms bugging me than anything.:(

Straight Arm PullDowns:
Green #15 & Blue #10 Tubing# - 8 sets/9-8 reps

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band: 8 sets/15-12 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers:
31# - 8 sets/7-6 reps
***up 1#

Then did Combo/Blast 1 & 2, and Combo 3 only from 4DS LIS snd the stretch. Workout was 1:10 and burned 500 calories.

Now I have to go write my workouts for the next few weeks, need to change up the exercises for the Tabata training.

Linda - yeah on the eating :) Are you using the book? Tomorrow will be one week for me of logging. Yesterday was a poor eating day - I ate good stuff, just not nearly enough. But, it was normal for what I was doing before tracking it so now I know how bad for me that was - just not enough food. And nice calorie burn, BTW!

Patti - it is so hard to rest, I know. I'm glad you are doing it though.

Sonya - it stormed here all day yesterday but today is sunny too, and might reach 80. I am going to take some sun by the pool too. When do we get to see your pics???

Diane Sue and Roselyn - enjoy the rest day :)

Yesterday, I tried to take an easy day and did Flexible Warrior, strength and balance. It was really nice. It is a yoga for athletes so my non-bendable body was just right ;) Today, I think I will do something but not sure what. I am dowloading, finally, the itrains from when I bought the package long ago. I might try one of those.

Anybody have any idea what this could be? My forearm hurts sometimes but it is fleeting. I thought it was the bone but maybe it is the muscle? It is on the outside part of my arm, in the middle. Sometimes, I feel weird pains like that in my legs too. Thoughts???

Linda - yeah on the eating :) Are you using the book? Tomorrow will be one week for me of logging. Yesterday was a poor eating day - I ate good stuff, just not nearly enough. But, it was normal for what I was doing before tracking it so now I know how bad for me that was - just not enough food. And nice calorie burn, BTW!

Shana - Thanks! Yes I am using the journal, even wrote down what I ate at the wedding but just no calorie totals, because I just have no idea, but at least I am sticking to the habit of writing it down which makes you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth.
Sorry to hear about your arm, not sure what it is, is it possibly a muscle spasm. My DS was experiencing something like that, that he described as shocks, in his shoulder or ribs after some serious coughing through out the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.