Hardcore Check in April 18,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought that I would get this started. This morning I am doing some cardio and will do STS no equipment abs and yoga based abs. I have people coming to look at our house at 3 and we are going to meet friends for dinner at 5 so I have a busy afternoon and evening:)

Sonya, I don't blame you for being ready to get started again;)

Morning!

Diane Sue: Enjoy that cardio- I'm a bit envious! :p

Sonya: Oh I get that feeling- can't wait to get those endorphins. It's addictive!

Linda: Woo hoo on the weight loss! Did I say that already? Anyway, even if I did, still reason to celebrate again, right?? I am also out of the 140s now- hooray for us!

I'm taking a rest this weekend to help give this tendon a rest- it's better this way than an injury that sidelines me for months. It irritates me, though.

Have a great weekend everyone! Good weather here today so we're taking the kids to the park.

Today was Back and even though I didn't feel like working out, once I got started I had an excellent workout. HR was up through the entire workout.

Lost 1# this week even though I had a binge on Saturday and Sunday last week. My body fat is dropping too, because my abs are finally starting to show. The veins in my arms are popping again too. Couldn't be happier about this! :eek:

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

BACK
Austrailian Pullups:
BW - 3 sets/10-5 reps (up one set)
Standing Rows:
10# vest - 5 sets/9 reps
***Can't do the Australian Pullups for the entire 8 sets. Those are just freakin' hard.

Underhand Barbell Row:
45# - 8 sets/13-8 reps
***Wow, these catch up with you fast. I was struggling by set 5.

Dumbbell Pullover:
25# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Got a great burn with these. Love pullovers.

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple band: 8 sets/15-14 reps
***No matter how many times you do this exercise, they burn every time.

HR STATS:
40 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
29 minutes in zone
7 minutes above zone
304 calories burned

That is all....

Shana - LOL on the front squats. I like them, but they are so hard on my upper body. I cannot get form right to save my life.

Linda - EXCELLENT on the 2# loss! :eek: I am so happy for you! This style of training is very effective. I really love it and I'll be sad when it's over.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Morning! Getting ready to go to the gym. Today will be chest/back and HIIT on the TM.

Patti...Smart girl! More important to take that rest instead of risking that injury.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I will be taking full advantage of the gorgeous weather here by laying out by the pool and reading the new Oxyegen mag!

My workout is finished. House cleaned and ready:D I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio/drills premix including the abs 39 min 304 calories burned, then I did Kettlebell Way 2 Empire State stopping at the bonus round. 40 minutes 348 calories burned. I finished off with STS Yoga based abs. I ended up skipping the no equipment abs since i got lots of planks and core work in Empire State.
Total calories burned today was 736 Workout was 1 hr 35 minutes. I weighed today and am back down to 114. Don't really want to lose weight just fat. Eating yesterday ended up being another of the Muscle Chow Pear Walnut salad skipping the nuts. Later dh wanted to go for ice cream and I got Cherry limeade. I sure wanted some ice cream:eek:
Kettlebell Way went like this:
rnd 1 mountain climbers, russian twist w/ 25#, chest press with 20# pair
rnd 2 swings 15#, half get up to situp 15#, suitcase row 35#
rnd 3 lunge cocktail 25#, side plank, super plank
rnd 4 squat 35#, bottom windmill 20#, crush curl 35#
rnd 5 1 leg deadlift to a row 20# pair, janda sit up, tricep extension 25#
rnd 6 overhead lunge 20#, figure 8 to a hold 20#, clean and press 20#
rnd 7 suitcase deadlift 20# pair, punch matrix, side snatches 20#
rnd 8 hand to hand sumo deadlifts 35#, pullover to sit up get up 25#, hot potato 15#
rnd 9 super burpee 20#, banana rolls, tricep push up

Last edited:
Hi There,

I'm so sorry, but no time for personals today. It will be later tonight when all is usually in bed when I can sit down and type messages. Just a lot to get done today.

Stats on workout: STS Disc 19 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Oh boy! I'm feeling the muscle burn after the exercise big time. I bet I'll have DOMS later on. I also have to put the last row of asparagus in.

Have a great day everyone, and I hope all is fine. I'll catch up tonight.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Eats today were off but not really bad. I had a baked apple at noon with cinnamon, small amount of brown sugar and dried cranberries. We went out to dinner so bread plain, salad with non fat dressing, salmon, asparagus and rice. Water and diet coke. That's it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.