9 push ups 3 tuck jumps

12 push ups 4 tuck jumps

15 push ups 5 tuck jumps

24 squats

12 lunges each leg

24 squat jumps

24 squat jumps

iso squats

Fun workout Ally! You always do interesting stuff.

I did Drill Max in its entirety today and LIC abs. I burned 825 calories. I had so much fun with DM today- haven't done a circuit in a long time and I really enjoyed it. I do enjoy splits and lifting heavy but change can be good. :)

I think I am starting STS next week. I finished the 1RMs and some of them are funky! One legged elevated lunges for disc 3- it calls for me to hold 57 pounds in one arm. Um, no. That can't be right. I am noticing some glitches with this whole 1RM thing- either you get a funky weight or its a weird exercise so you don't get a weight recommendation or you should do a 1RM even though it is an odd exercise (like 21s). I guess my theory is just to jump in and guess or adjust when needed. It bothers me, though, since so much emphasis has been placed on doing the tests, yet there are so many inconsistencies.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Today was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout.

10 minute light jog on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Barbell Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
85# - 10 (up 3#)
87# - 10 (up 2#)
90# - 9 (up 3#)
***Felt very strong this morning. Happy with these numbers.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 10 (up 3#)
37's - 10/10 (up 2#)
***Wanted to use 40's but had a hard time getting the 37's up into position.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
17's - 10 (no increase)
20's - 10/8 (up 1 rep w/ 1st set)

Lateral Raise:
10's - 10/10/10
***This is still ridiculously light for me but don't want to irrirate my shoulder again.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
67# - 10 (up 5#)
70# - 10 (up 5#)
72# - 10 (up 5#)
***Felt strong with this too.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
52# - 10 (up 2#)
55# - 9/8 (up 2 reps)

That is all....

Sonya, Diane Sue, Patti - I agree with Sonya. You two need to take a rest week. Diane Sue, I don't think I've ever seen you take a week off. You really need to. Your body and muscles need it.

Shana - Thanks about that Kid Rock song. Forever was the correct one!

OOOOOOOK on the rest. Light cardio a few times and that's it! Final offer. :) If I can be honest (and why not, it isn't like you all are mean to me, ha) I have a hard time with my eating from time to time. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes. So I don't tend to take breaks because of that. I know it isn't the best cycle to be in-- food is my struggle. I've tried some different things the past few months and am trying to find something that I can do consistently.

From yesterday...

Diane Sue: Thanks for the review on TS's Yoga Solutions, btw. I liked the idea of the premixes suited to follow the particular type of workout.

Hermia: No, DH doesn't work out with me or consistently on his own. I worry about his health- he is on high BP meds and his cholesterol is high. He's always been a naturally thin person, though and so exercise for him has always felt "optional". Clearly, at 37, he needs to realize that thin doesn't equal healthy. I'm hoping that him doing STS with me will help. He has even shown interest in Cathe's 4DS bootcamp workout. I won't hold my breath on that one. :D

Debbie: Good workout!

Didn't someone post yesterday with a Versa Gripps question? I think they wanted to know the type to buy. In my experience, I didn't care for the Fit- too small. I wanted a longer length to wrap around the weight bars. Linda swears by the Classic. My Pro ones are on order so I can't say much about those yet. Use the code "oxygen" to get free shipping, btw! HTH!

STS

Patty i didn't do the 1 rep per min. I just look at how many reps and pretty much guess what i can do..If too light i mark it and up it the next time..
Like shoulders i know i can't do 17 reps with 25#.. I can with 8 count, so i go from there..

I am really sore today..I was doing the legs and went oh no problem, till i woke up..
I can not to the wall squats and pick up a dumbell.Anyone else. I just do them with out..

I may take a nother day off here.. My neck is tight and 1/2 stiff and legs are fried.. Maybe some yoga instead today...I have to work and move here.. LOL..

I love these colors..
Well have a great day

DEB 90 fricken # on bench..
OMG..

Oh and someone get rid of the snow..
AARGH..

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do Butts and Guts today..been a long time now since I worked lower body. I am feeling better, but still need to modify anything that is high impact on the neck area for now.

Will catch up with ya'll later. Gotta go to chiro's soon.

Patti - did you maybe enter the total weight rather than each DB for that exercise? I found that I messed up on some of the alternating exercises - I counted differently than she did so my reps were off - too high. Therefore, I had some weight that I could only do for half of the work! For the most part, though, I am very thankful for the 1RMs. There are, indeed, some glitches.

Debbie - glad that was the song!

Charlotte - good luck with the workout - I know you are glad to be back at it!

Ally - your workout sounds like a lot of fun :)

Today is Disc 4 for me.

Happy day to all!! :D

Debbie - I was over at the Rotation forum last night and all I can say is WOW! You are in high demand over there, it is so impressive. It is so nice that you take the time to help everyone, but I am not sure how you keep up with all the questions & requests. Also I had a coupon for the Vitamin Shoppe, so I picked up some of that Pro Pudding on your recommendation. That stuff is awesome. Thanks! Nice workout too!

This morning I did AOS Newport with my 20# KB except for some shoulder exercises like SOTS and TGUs. Too worried about my shoulders. Then did stretch from 4 DS BC. Workout was an hour and burned 523 calories.

Saturday I did 4 DS BC, IMAX 3 Step only Premix and the Core segment from Amy's Slo-Mo Challenge. I loved the core work, especially the relays. My abs are still sore.:D:D:D Workout was 1:11 and burn 577 calories.

Coming back to comment about Versagripps. The important thing to know about them (that they don't tell you) is that they are not actually worn on your wrist but more at the base of your hand. Also they should not be tight, you should be able to able to spin them around your wrist without having to undo them. This is key to having them work right. HTH!
Especially you Ally!;) Sorry your wrists are bruised.

BTW, I got this info from a company rep.

Morning Maniacs! Yesterday I did another 25+ mile bike ride (different route than my Saturday ride). Dh says I'm a natural on the road bike, says I'm fast and was surprised. I was too actually.:cool: It fits me perfectly and I hardly had to do any adjusting. This morning I did CLX Push Circuit #1. Hopefully, my road bike will help me get in shape for mountain biking, cuz that's way more fun... and just around the corner!

Later, work calls...........

Last edited:
Shana: You're probably right since about half of that is what I would use. :) Good thought- probably my mess up. I think I'm just grumpy that it took so long but yeah, I'll be glad I did it in the long run.

Linda: Hmm, forgot about the step only premix on IMAX 3- I may have to use that one in the near future.

Charlotte: Enjoy B&G- one of my favorites!

Dallys: You make me want to get out my bike. Too bad it is 24 degrees here- I'm too much of a wimp to ride in the cold.

So sick of salads for lunch, so I bought some tuna this week and plan on making tuna melts on Ezekiel bread. I need some change! That's probably why my eating is sucky lately- no variety.

Debbie,

Very good workout, girl!

Bionics,

That's great! Isn't it freezing there though to be riding or the weather was good or are you just that tough you don't care? lol. Good for you though. That is some distance to travel. It won't be long I will be out there too...I just don't like this kinda cold. I am like goldilocks..has to be just right. hehe.

Linda,

Hope your shoulders feel better. Horrible when they don't. If anyone knows, I do, but I am FINIALLY getting better...just afraid to screw it up again so I am gonna start really dropping my weights down and not going as heavy cuz being in pain all the time is not something I want.

Shana,

Have fun with your disc 4!!!

Anne,

Watch that neck!

Patti,

I did that workout once..seems to be very long so I am not surprised you burned that many calories with all you did. Great job!

Bionics,

That's great! Isn't it freezing there though to be riding or the weather was good or are you just that tough you don't care? lol. Good for you though. That is some distance to travel. It won't be long I will be out there too...I just don't like this kinda cold. I am like goldilocks..has to be just right. hehe.
It was up to 50 degrees this weekend so I was good to go. Mostly, I'm a whimp with the cold weather. I also have some nice warm biking clothes, so that helped. Today is still in the upper 40's, but rainy. Seems much colder and I want to bundle up in a blanket and drink hot things. You are being smart with the neck issue. I hope it goes away completely for you.

Dallys: You make me want to get out my bike. Too bad it is 24 degrees here- I'm too much of a wimp to ride in the cold.

So sick of salads for lunch, so I bought some tuna this week and plan on making tuna melts on Ezekiel bread. I need some change! That's probably why my eating is sucky lately- no variety.

You won't see me out in 24 degree weather! Your tuna melt idea sounds mmmm good. I made some turkey lasagna yesterday for a change. I burnt it a little .......:rolleyes: Still eatable though.

It was up to 50 degrees this weekend so I was good to go. Mostly, I'm a whimp with the cold weather. I also have some nice warm biking clothes, so that helped. Today is still in the upper 40's, but rainy. Seems much colder and I want to bundle up in a blanket and drink hot things. You are being smart with the neck issue. I hope it goes away completely for you.

Bionics,

That is STILL cold though. :eek::p, but I know once you get moving things warm up rather quickly. I know this year I need to be on my bike more then last year. We will see how the year goes though. I might be driving my husband to work everyday for awhile if his license gets suspended. When he had whooping cough, he blacked out that one day and totalled the car so now DMV is saying that they consider 6 months to be the time span for whooping cough to go away. He hasn't blacked out in a long time now and hardly coughs anymore so I hope they don't take it from him as he works 2 hours away from home and I am gonna have to join a gym or something if I have to stay at work with him cuz I am gonna have to drive him to and fro from work.

Char, you are biking in this weather. We have 6 in of snow..

Neck is driving me nuts... Now the arse is hurting..LOL..I used the heating pad..Still stiff..
I have to go to work here.
I swear the fricken workout didn't seem bad till today.
Wowza..
I am so ready for summer..
BABY COME BACK..
LOL..

This morning I started with AOS Empire State joint mobility then did STS disc 10 chest, shoulders, and biceps and burned 397 calories. I then did 4Day Split cardio premix of Low Intensity Step repeating the final combined segment and adding the calves. I feel I am not getting much calf work with STS. I added Stretch Max with the band. Total calories burned today was 787. I have to get out to the store to get a birthday present for a party tonight. This is going to be a busy week. We are going to dinner again tomorrow with friends, birthday party here Friday, Birthday party Saturday for my youngest grandbaby. She will be one. I will check back late.

Debbie - I was over at the Rotation forum last night and all I can say is WOW! You are in high demand over there, it is so impressive. It is so nice that you take the time to help everyone, but I am not sure how you keep up with all the questions & requests. Also I had a coupon for the Vitamin Shoppe, so I picked up some of that Pro Pudding on your recommendation. That stuff is awesome. Thanks! Nice workout too!

LOL. Sometimes it's quite overwhelming. It hasn't been too bad as of late. Glad you liked to Pro Pudding. Not sure how you're mixing it, but the easiest way is using a shaker - like one you would use with Slimfast. It mixes it well.

Excellent workouts, everyone!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Char, you are biking in this weather. We have 6 in of snow..

Neck is driving me nuts... Now the arse is hurting..LOL..I used the heating pad..Still stiff..
I have to go to work here.
I swear the fricken workout didn't seem bad till today.
Wowza..
I am so ready for summer..
BABY COME BACK..
LOL..

Anne,

Well it is good when your arse is hurting from workouts, but not good when it hurts and you didn't do anything like mine was, but getting the adjustments are working for me. Always have. The chiro did a karate chop move on my neck this morning. lol.

We have no snow. Haven't had much of any snow anyways this year..no surprise here in Virginia as we usually don't get much unless some mammoth storm comes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.