HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR WED OCT 20

Today I did an Hiit 30 TF and then I did Meso Cycle 3 Disc 37 legs

I used the weighted vest, this is the first time I have ever done this workout, I cannot believe I have never done this

Squats warm up with barbell and vest 25# 12 reps
" " 30# 12 reps
Squats-Set 1 " " 50# 8 reps
Squats-Set 2 " "
Squats-Set 3 " "
Squats-Set 4 " "

Stiff Legged Deadlift barbell 60# 8 reps
Stiff Legged Set 2 " "
Stiff Legged Set 3 " "
Stiff Legged Set 4 " "

Front Squat Set 1 barbell and vest 45 # 8 reps
Front Squat Set 2 " "
Front Squat Set 3 " "
Front Squat Set 4 " "

Static Lunge St 1 barbell and vest 40# 8 reps
Static Lunge st 2 " "
Static Lunge St 3 " "
Static Lunge St 4 " "

Have a good day everyone.

Today was Back and Biceps. 12 reps felt like 25 today and I felt like I had no strength. Upped my weights, but some exercises I couldn't reach the 12 rep mark.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each set.

BACK:
Underhand Barbell Rows - 35#/15 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Underhand Barbell Rows - 65#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 32#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#. These felt good, really concentrated on the movement and contraction.

Overhand Australian Pullups - BW/12 reps
***Improved here, last time I did 12/11/12/10.

Dumbbell Pullover - 32#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#.

BICEPS:
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 22's/10 reps - 1 set
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 21's/12 reps - 2 sets
***These were really hard, started with 22's and had to drop to 21's.

Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 21's/12 reps - 2 sets
Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 21's/11 reps - 1 set
***Very tough here, my bi's were crying big time.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 50#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#. Felt these big time.

Hammer Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 3#.

That is all....

Good morning Guys:D

Me:) finally back to my life, gee! Yesterday, I did lots of rearranging to make space for my son. I ran out to Bed Bath and Beyond NEEDED to buy a few storage closet, I don’t have a places for my son to put his clothes, they are all taken "my stuff" LOL:eek:

Any who, barely able to get up this morning, I started thinking three days of eating fast foods, sweets and drinking pop so I immediately got up No problo:rolleyes:

I did CC Candace, love starting back into routine with a good calorie burn. After work I plan to do GS chest and back. Honestly, I really do have good intention, but……..with everything going on, I’ll do my best to make it happen. Noooo stepping on scale until next week,:(:( okay guys, bbl. Its’ good to be back:):(

Stats
1 hour
453 cals burned
4.21 miles traveled

Roselyn: Wow, you mean all this time I have been missing out on this awesome leg workout, man oh man, this is my kind of leg work. You did fab;)

Debbie: Niiiiice work.:rolleyes:

Good morning -

Nice work, Roselyn :)

Debbie - I know what you mean. Strange levels can vary so much, and sometimes there aren't any obvious reasons reasons. Looks like you had a really good workout all the same.

Teddy - Jumped right back into it. Good workout :)

Cheryl - Saw your post about being able to move into your new house in November. What a long ordeal for you -- worth the wait (and work) though :). Happy for you.

Diane Sue - I laughed about Olivia being afraid of Nana beating up the bag. So many days I wish to be as youthful as you and that I might be the kind of grandma for my DS's children you are for yours :).

Yesterday, I did Insanity's Cardio Power and Resistance. I felt ok during, but afterwards was pretty queezy for much of the afternoon. I really don't know if this was due to the workout or not. Feel alright this morning. Today, I will probably do Leg Blast from Butts and Guts and Insanity's Cardio Recovery. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. Still really having to get a feel for these workouts and how to pace myself. They are very intense and fast. Yesterday I sort of felt like I was finally getting really warmed up and ... it was done :confused: That was quite ok, but maybe that really means I need to do a longer warm-up BEFORE the actual warm up - even just an extra five minutes. Been considering that, anyway.

Have a good day.

Lori

Roselyn-I have not done any of the squat rack workouts either, I may need to break them out...good work :)

Debbie-sorry you were having a tough time this a.m. I am sure you will be back to bench pressing buildings in no time :p

Teddy-yay for talking yourself into getting up, and nice workout this a.m.

Lori-ugh on the queasy, I hate that feeling. :( I am glad you are feeling better this morning.

Well HOLY DOMS Batman :D :eek: I was just going to walk the dogs again and then I did the preview moves for Amy's new step workout, but I got an itch to lift weights. I did PUB and matched Cathe on most exercises. I did almost have an outer body experience on the tricep extensions but that is a weak exercise for me :) Here's my poundage for the exercises

chest-10,12,15,12,10
back-12,15,20,15,12
shoulder-3,5,8,5,3
tricep kickback/overhead ext-3/12,5/15,8/18,5/15,3/12
biceps-8,10,12,10,8

Today I want to do cardio as I am starting to feel better (and less crampy). I don't know what yet, but I really want to try Amy's new step workout or at least part of it.

My workout is done. I am trying to get some packing done. The grandbaby is so much help:eek: I started with Super Sets Blasts premix 36 min, 205 calories. Then I did Push pull 2 sets of each leg press, inner outer thighs with ankle weights on the ball, calves with toe pulls, abs with the ball 30 min 105 calories. I followed this with Jillian Michaels Shred it with weights level 2 adjusting a few moves and varying between 10,15, and 20lb kettlebells it ended up being a pretty good workout I had to pause to help the grandbaby and when I pushed play all I got was a frozen picture and the audio working:mad: So I had to waste time putting it in the other dvd player and finding my spot as this is not chaptered. Calories burned were 173, 29 min, Max HR 158. I finished off with Amy's In the Ring Interval premix which is w/up, intervals 2 times, & stretch, 34 min, 217 calories. Workout time was 2 hr 9 min, 700 calories burned.

I am not happy with eats today, been nibbling on popcorn and then I had 2 chocolate kisses:confused: think something else. I finished meal 3, maybe I will skip m4 replaces with apple and cheese, argh........or maybe eat chicken leg w/apple, yeah that's what I'll do:rolleyes:

Today’s Eats

1. Green smoothie, 1 pk of wheatgrass, 1c soy milk, 1c spinach, BSN and crushed ice, (first time trying wheatgrass. I brought 4 packs at Mustard Seed, I like it :)seem like a lot of cals but entire smoothie only 250)

2. 2 egg whites w/1 package of grits

3. Egg plant sandwich on thin wheat bread (bread 100 cals, 1 g of fat) tbsp of ketchup

4. 1c of spaghetti baked chicken leg (wheat spaghetti and used beef for meat)

5. BSN protein w/ water

Last edited:
I am just about packed. We have to deliver the dog to my dd. I will try to check and see what everyone is doing when I am gone. I may try to get up in the morning and do a short cardio and stretch before the drive.

Roselyn, I like the squat rack STS workouts. They are basic moves but I been able to get some of my heaviest weights doing that Mesocycle. Nice work:D

Debbie, I often wonder why sometimes we feel weaker than others. I would think it is lack of recovery but that doesn't seem to make a difference either:confused:

Teddy, it sounds like you had some things to sidetrack your goals. It looks like you did good today:D Keep it up and you will get where you want to be.

Lori, Olivia came in this morning put on the gloves and really went at that heavy bag. I had to laugh because she was taking some runs and jumps kicking at it and punching it. I guess after watching me she thought she would give it a try. When I was doing Insanity I used some of the 10 min solution cardios for a quick warm up before I started. Insanity starts out way to hard and I think at the start of the workout they tell you you may want to warm up. It is either there or in some of the literature.

Theresa, enjoy the cardio. I am getting where I really like Amy's new Step workout a lot.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.