Today was legs, Meso 3 week 2

2 sets of squat warmups 21# and 31# barbell

4 sets, 7 reps each of next 4 excercises

Squats with vest and 52#

Stiff Legged Deadlift 63#

Front Squat vest and 47#

Static Lunge vest and 42#

That is it, have a good day everyone.

.I am fried and my legs are literally humming from yesterday's workout.....I finished w/ a post workout protein shake and broke off some ginger root which is supposed to aid in muscle recovery. I did 3x15 for each exercise (which I will back off to 3x12 next workout)
reverse lunge 40-45-50/one arm row 20/25/25
trx hip press/alternate db chest press on ball 15/15/15
pistols w/ trx (murder)/rotational shoulder press 12/12/12
trx ab rollout/one leg deadlift 25/25/25

I finished w/ a 20 min incline walk and stretching.
Calories were 1906 36% carb, 30% protein, and 34 % fat. I just need to adjust the fat and carbs :D

Wow, we're suppose to get 50mph winds today. Not good. Major storms coming through. They are comparing it to the snow storm of 1978 but without the snow. Scary.

Today was cardio and I did one of my Cardio Coach Mixes. I did 3 challenges and my inner thigh was tight the entire time. I had to get off my treadmill at least three times to stretch it out. Very frustrating.

Had an ok workout, couldn't really push myself due to the inner thigh, though. I think the highest my HR got was around 152 bpm.

The I did the Ab Work from MIS. I like that one, it's just simple floorwork.

CARDIO STATS:
55 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
21 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
442 calories burned
3 miles traveled

Morning Guys, :D

I just about died and gone to heaven this morning, I did Low Max, I swear there’s nothing low about this workout I was so happy to make it to the end:rolleyes: I haven’t done a step workout in a long time, I definitely be doing more, good for my thighs. Tonight, GS Biceps & Triceps.

Roselyn - Another awesome leg workout, nice……:)
Theresa – Excellent work:)
Debbie: Good job with CC. MIS abs that’s my favorite, clean and simple:rolleyes:

I didn't get in as much as I wanted. Workout was.Step Blast 55 min , 437 cal, max HR 162. I then did Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 abs 1 15 min., 80 cal. I used a 20 lb kettlebell for all moves but 1 that I used a 25 for. Total time was 70 min and calories 517.

Good morning -

Roselyn - Great leg workout this morning (and cardio yesterday) :)

Teddy - I think I have that in my rotation later this week. Excellent job and have fun with bi's/tri's tonight.

Debbie - We had a lot of wind yesterday - and cold - not to the extent you're getting though. Yuck. :mad: about your adductor. STILL??? So sorry -- I'd be bonkers with frustration. Really though, impressed that you pushed through and your numbers look good despite the discomfort :)

Theresa - Looks like a tough workout. Well done. Don't think I'd heard that about ginger root. Thanks for mentioning it :)

Diane Sue - That's a good burn and workout. I recognize it's on the short side (time/effortwise) for you, but probably 99.9% of the exercising population would be quite happy with that. Some days we just can't get everything we wanted to in, huh? Hope you have a good one :)

Yesterday, I did Plyo Cardio Circuit (Insanity). Also about a half hour ss in the evening and 20+ min. foam roller work (OW). Really needed that and felt better afterwards -- sure hurt like the dickens while I was doing it, though. Need to make time for that on a more regular basis. Today, I will do some cardio and upper body (shoulders and tri's most likely) weight work. Also, either Budokon or yoga tonight.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

Lori

Teddy- nice work yourself, I keep trying to like lawman but I have never clicked with that one :confused:

Debbie-I am going to do some research on your hip flexor issue, can you tell me where the tightness is again specifically? Good work regardless

Roselyn- nice weights :D

Diane sue- looks like a good mix to me, but I know that is usually just warming up to you ;)

Lori- insanity AND ss????? Good work. I need to go back and look at the Ginger amount, I am HURTING today :D. We were windy yesterday too, not cold but very blustery

Roselyn - How are you liking the Squat Rack workouts? Aren't they fun? I loved that part of STS. Nice workout and weights! :)

Theresa - And your legs should be humming! Nice workout! About my pain. Once I start running it starts right where my upper inner thigh is, right next to my womanly area. :eek: It runs down to about mid thigh and also the muscle at the top left of the inner thigh gets tight, I'm assuming that is my hip flexor (I know it's not my quad) because when I do hip flexor stretches, I can really feel it. This is only on my left side. Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me. I guess I should be doing that, huh? :rolleyes:

Teddygirl - Nice job with Low Max! Woo hoo!!! :eek: Especially since you haven't done step in so long.

Diane Sue - Nice workout. I was thinking about doing SB on Friday. That one is a great calorie burner for me. For you too!

Lori - Where is it hurting you to do the foam roller? I really need to get mine out again and start using it.

Finally back from errands. I needed to stop and get some fresh veggies from the grocery store and a few protein items. I wanted to try the snack cookies from Cathe's so needed almond butter. I will try half a recipe though to see if dh likes them. He is on a high protein diet right now.
Eats today:
post workout snack at Target- Luna high protein bar
lunch- leftover turkey meatball soup from Muscle and Fitness hers magazine
dinner- probably the spicey mexican chicken soup from Muscle and Fitness hers
Snack will be some of the protein snacks

Debbie, I am sorry you are having problems. Mine always hurts on the inside of my knees when I do hills and my forefoot. Do you think that the hamstrings are tight? It seems opposing muscle sometimes cause the pain.

Got to run the baby is calling me!

Ok, I am back to finish personals. Potty Training is consuming even more of my time.

Debbie, I had a hard time getting my HR up at first on SB. It usually goes a little better. It took 18 minutes to get it up there. It has always been a favorite. I use the add on premixes once in awhile. I especially like the combo 2,3, and challenge add on because it has Paint it Black on it:D

Theresa, I mainly wanted to add in more ab work and some yoga/stretching. But there was not enough time. I set up for it but after coming home I am in no mood which is typical for me. Especially when I have to go back out at 2:30 to pick up children.

Lori, nice workout. Was it a lower body SS? I feel like I could use the foam roller. My back is still achey.

Teddy, good for you on Low Max. That one always starts out feeling kind of easy but once I am into it I can feel it and I always get a good calorie burn. Enjoy Gym Style tonight:D

Debbie- that helps, so it really is right on the groin. I will let you know what I come up with. Also, I have been meaning to ask if you would repost your zucchini lasagna recipe.

Diane sue- which month was the spicy chx soup recipe in?

Debbie-a few quick question.....I think I am on to something. I am beginning to suspect it is your adductor muscles since they attach directly to the symphysis pubis (womanly parts :eek: ) and radiate down the inner thigh and, to an extent, the hip flexor area.

do you have pain when you start or when you change speed/direction? Are there any other activities that bother it? Does hip flexion aggrevate it? also, is it a sharp pain?

Debbie-a few quick question.....I think I am on to something. I am beginning to suspect it is your adductor muscles since they attach directly to the symphysis pubis (womanly parts :eek: ) and radiate down the inner thigh and, to an extent, the hip flexor area.

do you have pain when you start or when you change speed/direction? Are there any other activities that bother it? Does hip flexion aggrevate it? also, is it a sharp pain?

I'll get the recipe to you, I hope I can find it.

It starts to hurt when I run faster then 4 mph. I've been able to run 8 minutes at 4.3 mph, but after 8 minutes it really hurts. When I do the 1 minute sprints at a 5 mph or above, it gets tight almost right away.

Nothing else seems to bother it, just running on my treadmill. High inclines bother it, but as long as I go slow it's ok.

It's not a sharp pain, just a really bad tightness. Like if I don't stretch it out it will snap. Hip flexion doesn't really aggrevate it that I've noticed. Just running.

Theresa - I'd kinda thought that (not sure how many) few weeks ago (about Debbie's pain). Adductor longus and Brevis both have origin/ insertion right where she described (magnus and gracilis insert farther down ... I think). Hope you figure something out for her :) Also, laughing again about your phone. You have been doing that for me a lot lately. I'ts never heard of LowMax. "Lawman," yes. You've never learned to like lawman? I get nervous when he's right behind me -- especially if I've forgotten to buckle my seat belt :p

Debbie - The worst area for me was my bum. It FELT like I just had/have a knot right in around the piriformis (sitbone) area. Once I started though, it was amazing (and not in a good way) :eek: The longer I worked, the more I found. Interesting too, cuz I found a very tender area in my left lumbar erector area that didn't at all bother me until I hit it with the roller. Just on one side - was very careful with that spot. I really should spend A LOT more time with my legs (and probably all other areas). Boy it hurt like @&!$ though, while I was doing it. "Sort of" a good hurt, but also really just OUCH. It really was worth it though. I just need to remember that and take the time :eek:

Last edited:
Theresa and Debbie - Not to butt in, but I found this. Not sure if it's directly relevant and you need to wade through some things that may not directly apply. Worth reading though, I think. Maybe you've already figured something else out, but I was interested by what it said about self releasing the adductor and also it's relationship to the hamstring/glute area. Debbie, do you run with an external turn out at all? Anyway Theresa - maybe this will give you some info to fuel a solution or help figure something out. hth :)

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/adductor-magnus.html

Theresa and Debbie - Not to butt in, but I found this. Not sure if it's directly relevant and you need to wade through some things that may not directly apply. Worth reading though, I think. Maybe you've already figured something else out, but I was interested by what it said about self releasing the adductor and also it's relationship to the hamstring/glute area. Debbie, do you run with an external turn out at all? Anyway Theresa - maybe this will give you some info to fuel a solution or help figure something out. hth :)

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/adductor-magnus.html

Thanks for the link, Lori. I will check it out. I'm not sure if I run with a turnout. Probably. I have flat feet and it's hard for me to run correctly.

Debbie, I do like the squat excercise of STS. Sorry to hear about your pain, maybe it is your adductor.

Diane Sue, what cookies are you talking about, always interested in a cookie.

M1: am Green smoothie (same as before) 7:15am
M2: 1 jimmy dean turkey eggs white muffin 10:15am
M3: yogurt w/2 tbsp of flaxseed 1:00pm
M4: salmon, 1/2c green beans, 1/4c cauliflower & cheese sauces 4pm
M5: BSN protein w/1c 40 calories almond milk

I stopped at Mustard Seed on my lunch, good thing, they had almond milk 3 for 5 bucks. Btw, my faces broken out really bad, I was wondering if it was from the Soy Milk, has anyone ever had a bad experiences with Soy?

Um..felt like I ate to much today. I am lost without eating my salad. I forgot I needed to buy a new bottle of Raspberry Pecan Dressing and I cannot eat my salad without it. The cauliflower and cheese was really a no…no but I do not have any green vegetables in my frig. I am done eating for tonight. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Last edited:
Roselyn, click on view our blog at the top of the page and scroll down to the chocolate protein snacks. They are a no bake kind of a cookie. I added some unsweetened organic coconut to mine:) They are good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.