HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR SAT OCT 2

Today was cardio and I did Cathe's Hiit dvd I did all 3 segments and then did some abs. I cannot believe that it is October already. Have a great weekend everyone.

Here I go again...

Felt great this morning and was looking forward to my shoulder workout. I was sitting on the couch and I laced my fingers behind my head and stretched back. My freakin neck/shoulder blade muscle pulled tight again and now it's in a knot.

:mad:

I just don't get it. I'd understand if this happened while lifting heavy, but not stretching.

I tried to workout but the first exercise of overhead barbell presses hurt too much and that was just the warmup set. I tried doing upright rows but that hurt as well so I just called it a day.

The pain isn't bad, in fack, I only feel it when I turn my head to the left, but I didn't want to irritate it any worse then that.

I really wish I knew why this was happening. I've been fine for over a month now.

Morning :)

I just finished my workout and seem as tho I have been in my basement forever:eek: I started with a 30 minute jog and then on too 4DS all upper body. BBL I need a bath :rolleyes:

Debbie: I am so sorry to hear this, I don't understand it either, gee! Hope it start feeling better as the day goes on :)

Roselyn - good job:)

Good Morning -

Roselyn - Quite a workout :eek: I finally got Insanity and have been previewing. Based on this, I'm not surprised you did all the Hiits this morning. Well done. Also, I was pretty stunned to see October as the date, too.

Teddy - Holy cow. You got a lot accomplished this morning. Isn't All Upper Body something like 90 (or more) minutes? Your workout calendar must be looking pretty darn good :)

Debbie - Just stared at the keyboard for awhile. No idea what to say. I'm pretty sensitive to layoffs/pangs injuries -- as in, I FEAR them for myself, so I really empathize when friends struggle with them. You don't trust chiropractors, right? If you did, I'd wonder about that as a resource. The ONLY relationship I can think of between hip adductors and neck/trap/ muscles is their connection to the spine. So many muscles have origin/insertion there (I'm sure you know). Maybe it's an alignment issue? I really don't know of course -- groping for something and maybe there's no relationship between the 2 at all. WTH though? You're careful and experienced with your training and ... it just doesn't make sense. Hope it's just a little pang and clears up quickly. I know you've been getting in some great workouts lately and enjoying this rotation. How frustrating :(

I really need to lay off the cold medicine. It does a pretty good job at masking symptoms but also gives me this weird, almost euphoric energy burst. I do not have time for Decongestant Anonymous meetings :confused: And, when it wears off, I crash pretty hard, which is not a great deal of fun. So. I will just ride out the rest of this cold. It is getting better, in any case. Yesterday was a low impact day. I did Tae Bo's Get Ripped Extreme Volume 1. One of his older (and better) workouts. I had a VERY hard time getting started. Kind of tired of this one - once I got going, it was a good workout. Some very good standing hold work at the end, too. Also did Iliara's Powerstrike. I like this one too. Less intense than the Tae Bo but a bit more than say, MMA Kickbox (in my opinion). Not that this is good or bad, I like all the aforementioned workouts for different reasons. So. That was a couple hours of s.s. cardio anyway. Today, I think I'll do some Slow and Heavy weight work. Gearing up to start a rotation including Insanity. After previewing, I'm pretty impressed. It looks tough (VERY) but not 'reckless (as I'd imagined)' - i.e. well thought out and sequenced. Even so, I made a commitment to myself awhile ago to keep high impact days at 2-3 a week. For me, I think that's a good rule and so I'll need to spread out the Insanity a little more than the rotation included with the program suggests. But this will also mean on days off I can still get in weight work and Budokon and kettlebells. Once I get started, I'll have to see how this feels but it's my starting plan. Still don't have the details ironed out. Thinking of starting next Saturday.

Have a great day, everyone :)

Lori

Roseylyn, did you do all 3 HiiT workouts?? You must have been feeling really energetic. I have done two.

Debbie, that is too bad that you are having tight area issues again. Obviously the stretching has something to do with the same area that is tight. Something to work on.

Lori, I have said it before and I will say it now. Meds stink. There are so many side effects. If I have a choice I would rather endure the cold or whatever I am dealing with, with a clear head. I would not say they make me euphoric during my workouts. Just different. It alters the HR. Although a new thing I have discovered is that extreme stress alters the HR too. My allergies were bad all night because I skipped out the meds. Really did not want to workout.

Teddie, you are coming around well.

I did all of Amy's Step Challenge 4 with the Power ups 3 times. This was 70 minutes and calories burned was 543. I then did STS Abs Circuit No partner med ball with a 15# med ball except on the last part where I used a 10#, 10 minutes, 57 calories. I finished with Turbo Fire Stretch 10, 12 minutes, 41 calories. Total time 92 minutes and calories burned 641.

Diane Sue - I agree -- very much, with your meds statement. This last week I just didn't want to get off track with ... anything, and tried to use them to push through. I look at that now and :eek: . I would tell anyone else that if you're sick, you're sick. Take care of yourself. Plus, I just don't do very well with meds that I've tried -- not usually, anyway -- not OTC or prescription. Today without them I feel ... pooped -- and like I have a cold (that is getting better). Pretty appropriate. Too, I remember your struggles with allergy meds not too long ago. They gave you other symptoms worse than the allergy's themselves, didn't they? Anyway. You had an excellent workout today -- especially considering you didn't want to work out :)

Lori, I think you are right. If you are sick you are sick. I believe for the most part we mend just as fast if not faster without all of the stuff. I think it just adds to the misery. My dd says I am sensitive to the meds. I should be able to get used to them. I don't want to get used to them:confused: I just want my body to take care of itself. Meds just add something else to deal with. The only things I use on occaision is Mucinex(too much tends to make me dizzy) without any additions. and aspirin or tylenol. Ginger for stomach. Even some of the herbs seem to kick up the allergies. It is understandable that you would feel pooped. Get some rest. Eat well and you will get better.

Edited to add my eats:)
Breakfast- coffee :0
Lunch- very hungry since yesterday was loads of veggies and some lean roast. I ate a large bowl of peas that was in the refrigerator.
Mid afternoon snack- Large salad of greens and light ranch dressing
Dinner was 2 servings of a Summer Vegetable Curry from Clean Eating Magazine. It was pretty good. I did not have Kefir though. Mixed a little fat free sour cream with some cilantro to top it.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.