HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR MON SEPT 27

Up early, workout done, today was disc 19 of STS chest, shoulders and tris.

B-protein pancake
Snacks-apple and peanut butter, yogurt
L-protein shake
D-baked chicken, broccoli, salad

Today was Chest and Triceps and back to the 6 reps with 25 reps at the end of each exercise. I had an excellent workout and the weights all went up from Week 1. Had fun with this one.

2 minute rest between each exercise. Only rested enough to change weights after 3rd set into the 25 rep set.

CHEST:
Incline Barbell Press - 50#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Incline Barbell Press - 90#/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 50#/25 reps
***Felt really strong with this first exercise. 90# felt like 60#.

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 95#/6 reps - 3 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 50#/25 reps
***Felt strong here too, but the 25 repper was tough.

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 35's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 20's/25 reps
***This one was tough and my shoulder kept clicking. It hasn't done that in a while and it really bothers me mentally when it does it. It doesn't hurt but I hate the sound of it.

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips - 77#/6 reps - 3 sets
Weighted Bench Dips - BW/25 reps

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 75#/6 reps - 3 sets
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 42#/25 reps
***Last set was tough. Really felt this one.

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 52#/6 reps - 3 sets
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 32#/25 reps
***Again, last set was tough and my triceps were really burning.

That is all....

Roselyn- my my, u r up early :D. Nice eats

Debbie- u are really tearing up that rotation, u seem to really be enjoying it :)

Yesterday I did TRX flexibility. Fri and sat wound up being rest days. We did not eat out once over the weekend, but I still need to clean it up. I got hold of a little too much candy :eek:

Morning :D

Roselyn – I took a glances at protein recipe, I bet it is good, but…. a bit too much for me. Did you try it yet?

Debbie: Wow! I sure would like to see a picture of your progress, Nice work.;) btw what rotation are you doing?

This evening, I will work out. I couldn’t get up this morning:rolleyes: Yesterday, family gathering, we had a good time I ate, drank:eek: and laughed. I'll check back after I finish my work out. Enjoy your day everyone:)

I got my workout in early. I started with Brook Benton's kettle bell butts and guts stopping at the nonstop portion that is the express workout. 28 min 219 calories. I then did Kelly Coffeys 30 min to fitness lift Power Sculpt(forgot to start the HR monitor so repeated the first 11 minutes to get cal burn) This was 40 min 301 calories. Total time 68 min calories 520.
I am sitting here waiting for the dentist to open. I had to drop the grandbaby off at dd house before she took the girls to school. No time for breakfast.

Good morning -

Roselyn - Was your protein shake from Cathe's blog? Your eating looks really on track :)

Debbie - Workout looked great :) ... except the clicking - that would distract me, too. Looked over the Simply Huge rotation again last night. Really like how it's put together, but I'd probably have to do something else for legs - at least part of it. Trying to figure out my workouts for the next several weeks. Are you liking it so far?

Teddy Girl - Glad you had a good time last night :) - Enjoy your workout this evening.

Theresa - I guess I am lucky. If DS goes out to eat, it's usually with his dad. We just never do, so I don't have to deal with complicated restaurant food very often. Forget how tricky that can be - even though it's also fun. Did you miss it? Anyway, glad you had a relaxing weekend :)

Diane Sue - Hope your dentist appointment goes fast. You got in a good workout this morning. Laughed that you went back and re-did to get a cal reading. Glad you didn't do the whole thing ;) Also, I hadn't done that Bootcamp for a LONG time. I agree with you - and thought it was extremely fun. There's a lot I like about 4DS. In places, I just wish there was a bit "MORE" of it, somehow.

Hermia - Saw your post last night. Despite your schedule you're still getting in good workouts. Glad there's an end in site and it will ease up for you soon. Always like to see that you checked in (I kind of look for you on weekends) :)

Yesterday, I did 4DS (tri's and bi's) and Kickbox. Also did All Step from CTX (very fun). Chest and back today. Have some tabata intervals on bike, etc. scheduled. May just do the weight work for a shorter workout today. Still undecided.

Hi Cheryl, Linda, Char ... anyone else? I'm always afraid I forgot someone. In the morning that is highly likely :confused:

~ Lori

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick post - I have a busy Monday. I didn't get in a workout this morning 'cause I got home pretty late last night and needed some extra sleep. :( I'm not too worried, however, because I should be closing on my house at the end of this week and then things are going to get crazy! I will be spending some serious hours painting, cleaning, redoing floors, etc.

As far as eating - well...yesterday not so good, but I'm back on track today, so far.

I'll try to post later. Have a great day!

Cheryl

Linda - Glad to see you checked in and that you are doing well. I hope your PT goes good. When are you going to get your carpel tunnel taken care of?? I thought that was coming up soon?

Roselyn - Nice job with Disc 19. You need to start posting your weights! :)

Theresa - And just think, Halloween is right around the corner! :eek: My eats this weekend weren't all that great either. :(

Teddygirl - Not have great results with anything I'm doing lately, mainly because I haven't been strict with my diet. And it shows. Alas, I keep plugging along.... I'm doing a rotation called Simply Huge Rotation. Char found it in an old M&F magazine.

Diane Sue - You are just way too busy! You need to take some time out for just YOU!!! Nice workout! :)

Lori - Yes, I love this rotation. I like it because every other week you do something different. Just find substitutions for the legs and you can do this with no problems. It is a fun one!

Cheryl - I certainly don't envy you with the house stuff! Hope all goes smoothly for you, I'm sure you are a bit stressed out lately.

Last edited:
Eats so far today has been butternut squash soup. I bought some organic kind that does not have milk or cream in it. I have to be careful on the chewing. I wanted some protein so dumped some soy crumbles in and topped it with some green onion. Snack was mixed berry blend with protein powder mixed into a little almond milk and some honey. I am still trying to figure out dinner. Has anyone made the Macaroni and cheese from Oxygen Magazine? I saw it uses pumpkin and cottage cheese. I would leave out the bread crumbs if I tried it. DD gave me some eggplant and red peppers from her garden but most recipes I find call for zucchini and that means waiting for another store trip. Yesterday's meals were not great. I had half a grapefruit for breakfast. Then dd and family took us to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. I had an avocado salad which is basically salad greens with avocado slices and tomato slices and I put some salsa on top. I ruined it with those chips though. Then dinner was chicken breast on salad with fat free ranch and bbq sauce. I can't remember what I ate Saturday. It probably was not bad as I stayed home all day.

Linda, I haven't seen your post, but hope that you are doing well. Didn't you have the carpal tunnel done at the same time as the other surgury?

Debbie, nice workout. I was looking at some M&F Hers rotations but I can't seem to get the concentration up to figure it all out. Easier to just stick in a dvd or two. Maybe one of these days? Everything seems like chaos all of the time and a lot of stress around here right now. No real time for self other than my 4 am workout;)

Roselyn, your eats look good:D

Teddy, glad you had a nice time with your family. Enjoy your workout this evening.

Theresa, eating out is always tough. The temptation is there and then you don't always get what you think you are getting when you try to order healthy. I so much wanted to suggest icecream at Sonic last night when we went to dh office but I kept my mouth shut LOL

Lori, nice workout yesterday. I like the 4 Day Split weight work. I am always kind of obsessed about the numbers when I work out. I could have guessed from past workouts but that would have bugged me all day :)

Cheryl, the house thing will all fall into place. Try not to worry about it too much. Good luck with keeping on track today;)

Mmmmm I love eating out! I'm not nearly as disciplined as you all are, though. I just try in general to not get something that's an absolute calorie fest, you know how sometimes you see articles about fatty foods in restaurants, how you can eat your whole day's worth of calories and saturated fat in one meal. =(
That avocado salad sounds yummy, though, Diane Sue. Simple but yummy with those avocados.

Cheryl, hope your busy monday wasn't too exhausting. Tuesday and Thursday are my busy days, and Monday and Wednesday I spend most of the day prepping for them.

Today's workout was a level 1/2 yoga class. It was an especially good class...she worked us a bit harder than she usually does.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.