HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR MON SEPT 25

Today was cardio and I did Insanity Max Circuit. Man, have not done Insanity in about 2 weeks, and I forgot how intense it is, going to go fix me a protein shake right now, have good workouts and a good Saturday everyone.

Roselyn, I hope it's not Monday! :eek: LOL!

Today was Shoulders and Trap. And I keep forgetting to tell you all how sore I've been this week. My legs are still screaming at me. And my upper back and traps were incredible sore this moring so this workout was a bit challenging. Still had a great one, though!

1 min. 30 second rest between each exercise and set.

SHOULDERS:
Standing Lateral Raise - 10's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Kind of weird starting with this exercise. I think it's good, though, because it warmed up my shoulders very well.

Arnold Press - 15's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Haven't done these in a very long time. Felt good. Reps 10, 11 and 12 were tough on all sets.

Barbell Upright Rows - 45#/12 reps - 4 sets
***I was worried about this one, my right shoulder doesn't like to go up in that movement. I know I can't go real heavy with this, so I'm glad it's in with the 12 repper weeks. Right shoulder felt a pull but no pain.

Seated Bent-Over Lateral Raise - 15's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Concentrated on only the movement, no rocking. Wow, did that make a difference!

TRAPS:
Incline Dumbbell Shrugs - 30's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Don't like this one and I remember I did these a long time ago and something bad happened, I pulled something. So I was very careful. Next time I'll just do standing dumbbell shrugs.

That is all....

Yesterday was 91 degrees here. Today it will be 60 if we're lucky.

WTH? :eek:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hey guys:)

Quick check in, I slept in late this morning, felted wonderful.

For my workout I did an hour jog:rolleyes: Got a run going to see about doing some volunteer work. Back to chat later!

Stats:

425 cals burned
2:44 miles traveled ( pretty slow)
60:00 minutes

Hi Everyone!

It feels so strange to be posting on a Saturday!! :confused: Anyway, I'm glad to be home and I'm getting a lot done around the house, etc. It looks like I will be closing on my new house at the end of next week.....YAY!!!! :D It has been a very difficult and stressful process, but hopefully we finally have everything together and actually I may even need less money down, etc....DOUBLE YAY!

Today I really kicked it up a notch and did Cardio Core Circuit and gave 110% for the workout. I was drenched and REALLY tired when I got done. I also am down 1 lb, which is ok...I'll take it. I have been busy today doing laundry, cleaning, sorting, and starting some packing. Tomorrow DH wants me to go with him for the day to a big local craft fair. I don't really want to go, but suppose I should compromise because he has been really good to me lately and has been doing so much around the house and to get the new house, etc. I am going to try to get up super early to get my workout done too, but we'll see how that goes. ;)

Linda - I was SOOOOOO happy to see your post last night! I'm glad you are starting PT right away and hope you are feeling well - still sending you prayers and good wishes. :)

Debbie - I am sore today also - mostly my calves and hamstrings from GS legs on Friday. It seems like this new rotation of yours is very intense!! I know what you mean about the crazy weather. We hit 88 here yesterday and today it's in the 60's - go figure.

Teddygirl - I'm jealous! I can't wait until I get to do some running outside. I have been just plain flat out busy and the only time I have had to workout is at 3 or 4 am - not really a good time to go for a run! Have a great day!

Roselyn - Thanks for suggesting the nutrition challenge. I have been very vigilant over the past few days because I don't want to post my "terrible" eating. I have been doing better over the past few days, so I guess that's a start. It seems like you are doing GREAT!

Hi to Diane Sue, Theresa, Lori, Hermia, and anyone else? Has anyone seen any posts from Lora recently?

Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
1 cup Smartstart ff milk
Lunch: Chicken and veggies steamed with soy sauce and spices
Snack: whole wheat crackers and cottage cheese
Dinner: protein shake with fruit
cals: 1350

Have a great Saturday!

Cheryl

I slept in a bit this morning
icon_biggrin.gif
Workout was 4 Day Split bootcamp. I went a little heavier on most of Cathe's weights. Workout was 62 minutes and calories burned was 459, Max HR 171. I then did Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpting & Conditioning w/ kettlebells 2, Killer abs 13 minutes 83 calories, using 20 and 25 lb kettlebells. I then did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout Core and stretch 16 minutues, 76 calories. Total workout time was 91 minutes and calories burned was 619. I felt I needed to at least get in some heavier weight work on biceps and triceps. Maybe next week I can go back to hitting shoulders and back

Roselyn, LOL I didn't even notice it said Monday. Nice workout;)

Debbie, it sounds like you have found an effective workout:D

Cheryl, so glad you are closing that soon. How quickly can you move in?? Do you have to be out quick. We had to be out before ours was ready to move in to. So stored our stuff and stayed with dd for a few weeks.
Good workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.