" " 6 reps
Dumbbell curls 10# partial reps and full reps

tris
Seated overhead press 15# 10 reps
Dips
Seated overhead press 15# 10 reps
Dips

core

Today was Chest & Triceps and I had an excellent workout. Really feeling strong again, it's been a long while since I've pushed these kind of heavy weights. I hit the 100# mark with benching today. Haven't done that in a long time.

2 minute rest between each exercise. Only rested enough to change weights after 3rd set into the 25 rep set.

Had a hard time with some of the 25 reppers. Next time I do this rotation I may decrease the weight by only 20-30% and do 15 reps. 25 is just way too taxing on the muscles.

CHEST:
Incline Barbell Press - 55#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Incline Barbell Press - 95#/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 55#/25 reps
***Up 5# with 6 rep sets and 25 rep set.

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 100#/6 reps - 3 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 55#/23 reps
***Up 5# with both 6 rep sets and 25 reps set.

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 37's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 22's/25 reps
***Up 2# for both 6 rep sets and 25 rep set.

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips - 80#/6 reps - 3 sets
Weighted Bench Dips - 15#/25 reps
***Up 5# for 6 rep sets and 15# for 25 rep set. I was doing BW only on the 25 rep sets previously.

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 80#/6 reps - 3 sets
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 45#/20 reps
***Up 5# with 6 rep sets and 3# for 25 rep set.

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 35#/20 reps
***Up 3# for 6 rep sets and 3# for 25 rep set.

That is all....

Roselyn - Nice weights girl! MM is a tough workout with all those reps. You went pretty high with some of those exercises! Nicely done. I love your AVI, too!

Roselyn-Those are some nice weights :D Good workout as always

Debbie-YAY for more strength...that has to be a great feeling and you are putting up some impressive numbers as well :eek:

So I got certified in TRX over the weekend. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was the only person that was not a personal trainer, but I felt like I was right in stride :) I pointed out a few things to the instructor that were mentioned in the TRX videos, and he kept asking me how I knew all of this :D I have an inservice at the gm this weekend where I hope to be teaching.

Now that I have the cert., I think I will do some other workouts along w/ the TRX. I really want to do Cardio Strength (the new Peak 10 series) and some kb routines or maybe just some standard weight work, I have been missing it :D

Good Morning :)

This morning started with a slow steady jog: 1:38 miles; 20 minutes; 140 cals burned

Gym Style

Chest “2 count up and down”
Drop Set Pushups (16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6) = 68
BB Bench Press (3 sets, 12 reps) 40/40/40
DB Pec Flyes (3 sets, 12 reps) 15/15/15
BB Incline Chest Press (2 sets, 12 reps) 45/45
DB Incline Pec Flyes (2 sets, 12 reps) 20/15
BB Close grip Chest Press (2 sets, 10 reps) 30/30

BACK “2 count up and down”
BB Underhand Reverse Grip #1 (2 sets, 8 reps) 30/40
BB Underhand Reverse Grip #1 (12 reps) 40
Dumbbell One Arm Row (2 sets, 12 rep) 20/15
Band T-Back Squeeze (purple band)
DB Pullovers (2 sets, 8 reps) 20/15
MODIFIED BACK EXTENSIONS (lower back)
Prone Back Side Rotations (lower back)

BBL :rolleyes:

Happy Monday everyone!

Debbie - NICE WORK!! Wow...you are killing those weights! :D

Roselyn - I love MM!! Nice work!

Theresa- CONGRATS!!! Woooohooooo! That's so awesome and I'm very happy for you! I know you will LOVE teaching. :D

Today I did Legs and Glutes. I had MM on my rotation for today but I just couldn't do any upper body today since I was painting and stripping carpeting and wallpaper for the past several days. I could barely hold my arms up to wash my hair in the shower this morning! :eek: My traps and arms are VERY sore, which I guess is good news since I have been working so hard at the new house!

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Teddy-nice workout this morning, I really need to break out GS again but I get so hung up on total body stuff.

Cheryl-painting, stripping, and whatever else you were doing TOTALLY counts as work. I can't even imagine how sore you are :eek: But way to get a nice "flute" workout in :D

My workout this morning started with Super Sets Lower Blast mix 34 min, 218 calories, then I did Butts and Guts Bonus lower moves sit and stand, leg press, lower leg raises on ball 7 min 47 calories, I then did Turbo Fire Lower20 using my heavy versa loop 21 min 88 calores, I followed with Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dynamics Interval only premix which is the w/up intervals twice, abs, & stretch 27 min 211 calories Max HR 164. I finished with Turbo Fire Stretch 40 stopping after the pidgeon 21 min 95 calories.
Workout was 1 hr 50 min and calories burned was 659.
Super Sets Blast
Squats 65lb
Deadlift 65lb
Plie squats 45lb dumbbell and 20# vest(I don't like doing the underhand front hold with the barbell)
1 leg squat with foot on step 25lb dumbbell
Repeat two more times
B&G bonus
sit and stand 65lb
leg press 15lb dumbbells Cathe uses 1 I used two
Stability ball leg raises bodyweight

Good Morning -

Did weight work over the weekend (bi's, shoulders and some leg work). Posted the details late last night.

Debbie - Glad you're feeling strong (I can tell :eek: - excellent work).

Teddy - Another good workout for you :) Gym Style is a great series :)

Roselyn - Well done. I agree with Debbie. Muscle Max is a tough one.

Theresa - CONGRATULATIONS! Very happy for you. I'll bet you have missed some of the other stuff. You were very focused. It did pay off :) You will be a great instructor.

Cheryl - I remember that kind of work :confused: It can take it out of you. Good for you in still doing a leg workout.

Diane Sue - Quite a workout. Nice job combining segments. :)

Cardio today. Still deciding what to do exactly. Had a rough weekend and totally changed up my workouts - I really enjoyed them but need to regroup now. You guys are all doing great.

Have a good day.

Lori

Well, after a two day rest and not so good eating Saturday I am back on track today. I had some Flax n Snax low carb cereal this morning with almond butter, chocolate whey, and almond milk.
I am going to have some turkey meatballs with mixed veggies for lunch
Mahi Mahi and veggies for dinner

Lori, I just went and read last night's posts. That was some weight for Power Hour! As I stated in my workout today, I prefer a dumbbell for the plie squats. Amy does have some nice variations on some exercises. I always liked the Biceps Bonfire:) Sorry you had a rough weekend. I hope you get things figured out.

Theresa, congratualations on on the job and getting certification.

Teddy, nice workout. You really jumped right back in with the weights:D

Cheryl, I could not imagine an upper workout after all of that work. But it sounds like things are coming along and you are still getting in nice workouts.

Debbie, great workout:D You are coming out strong on those weights.

Roselyn, nice job on the weights again.

Roselyn - Again, nice workout and weights and love your new AVI!

Theresa - CONGRATULATIONS on your being certified! I am so proud of you! I hope you will be able to start teaching soon! That is so awesome!!!

Teddygirl - Nice job with GS Chest & Back! :cool: Excellent weights. It's really good to have you back, girl! :D

Cheryl - I know how sore you can get painting. Nice job just doing legs today! :)

Diane Sue - I like how you mixed up those workouts. Nice going! Your poker runs sound like fun. That's one thing my dh and I haven't done yet but have been throwing the idea around. Maybe next year.

Lori - Hope you have a great cardio workout this evening. I did read your workout from yesterday, nice job!!!

Hey guys! I did get my Burn Circuit 1 in this morning. I really pushed it to reach failure. There is some core work in it and holy cow! The middle of my lower abs are SO WEAK! (for obvious reasons lol). I really felt it good.
I will be back later for personals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.