HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR JUNE 12

Today I did legs and glutes and abs from KPC. Ok someone help me, I weighed myself this morning and overnight I am up 4 pounds. Have not been eating a lot of junk. WTF is that about?

hahahhaha

Not pms'ing either!!!
You are funny. You are probably holding fluid.. It will pass..
Throw the scale. Measure..
Hello chickies.
I am starting Meso 2 tonite.
Finished Meso 1. I kinda fast pased it.3 days then a cardio day..
Liked it and got a lot stronger fast..
It is 4 weeks till beach and my arse needs to be in shape for public viewing..LOL..
See you all on the awesome workouts..
You gals rock..
Diane Sue i am going to try to incorporate the bow flex into this one..
I am figuring it out.
SLOWLY..

Morning! I did Step Blast this morning- did it a week or so ago so I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Then I got started and had a lot of fun. I love the music in this one. I might try it with Cathe's voice lower and the music louder next time since I know it pretty well now.

Hi Anne and Roselyn!

Okay, instead of getting to bed early to make up for the chaos the night before, I actually ended up getting to bed right around midnight again. My a$$ is dragging. Good news today is DS last day of school, so I won't have to get up quite as early for the next couple of months.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Today was cardio and abs and did not want to do it at all, so I choose LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver. I could tell I was tired my co-ordination was awful.:p
Then did abs. Workout was 1 hour and burned 463 calories (I think that is the same as yesterday)

Med Ball Slams - 15 reps, 8# med ball
Relays - 20 reps (10 each side), 12# DB
Med Ball Knee Raises - 10 reps, 8# med ball
***Then repeated two more sets but switched out Wood Chops for Relays because they were bugging the DOMS in my back***

2 SETS

Med Ball Slams
- 15 reps, 8# med ball
Diagonal Med Ball Wood Chops - 10 reps each side, 8# med ball
Med Ball Knee Raises - 10 reps, 8# med ball

Morning Maniacs -

I had a short workout this morning, as I have to go to the doctor at noon and then to work later.

I did David Kirsch 7 Day Rx, Shoulders & Biceps. Upped my weights some. I also did Sexy in 6 with Michael Carson (med ball workout). Workout was 75" and I burned 600 calories. I then did the stretch from Core Fusion Pilates for 10". I wanted to do yoga and longer cardio....but no time today.

I've decided to continue with my D Kirsch rotation for another couple of weeks and I'm going to add weight, ankle weights, etc to up the intensity the last couple weeks. I don't want to have to deal with my ADD and picking out a workout for a couple of weeks, as my schedule at work is gonna get crazy for a couple of weeks. Working 46 hours or so and 3, open to closes a week, etc.

I've also been stressing because half of my belongings are at my Mom's from when I was moving out of here and I'm trying to get them back home....but I never feel like doing it on my day off. I've been very anxious lately. Need to take time for a long yoga DVD!!

Have great workouts everyone.

Linda - I certainly hope you have a better day than yesterday.

Patti - I haven't done Step Blast in ages. It used to be one of my fave's. I haven't done step since last August when me and the DH were splitting up and I went on a kickboxing binge. I have to start using my brain again slowly and work on my complex step DVDs......as my brain is not getting a workout any more due to a mindless job and mindless cardio!! Yikes!

Last edited:
This morning I was so indecisive on what I wanted to do. I started with Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2 and did combos 1-3 and the power ups 4 times, then I did Tracey Staehle's Steady State Step power step premix. I burned 633 calories. I then did Jari's Get Extremely Ripped workout#1 and burned 369 calories. Total calories burned was 1002. We have my sons birthday party here tonight. I made a cake and we will be grilling. My son in law is making baked macaroni and cheese. I am in trouble:eek: I have to help my dh take his work vehicle to get work done in a bit. Will check back later.

Roselyn, more than likely it is just some water retention. No way can you gain fat in that short of a time. I have always know this so don't let it bother me to much. I know it will come off with some adjustments in diet and exercises. Cathe recently made a comment on this. I think I read it on her facebook.

Linda: I hope today is better for sure! Is DD in pain? You ARE a maniac to get up and workout today- LIC cardio was a good choice. Isn't it weird how clutzy you get when you're tired? Go to bed early tonight! How is eating this week?

Lora: I love step! I would do it pretty much every day but I figure variety is good and I'm now at the age where I can't do that. I have to mix it up or get overuse injuries. I miss my 20 year old body.

Diane Sue: Thanks for reminding me, I need to tackle Amy's step workout I bought a few weeks ago. I think a preview is in order- I know her ASCs are tough. Good workout today as usual.

Today was cardio and I got some workouts from Netflix. I need something different from Cathe or Cardio Coach so I got this kickboxing workout from an instructor named Kimberly Spreen and the workout is called Absolute Kickboxing. I loved her. This workout kept my HR in my neutral zone, didn't get into my anaerobic zone for too long. I liked this. With cathe's workouts and Cardio Coach your HR spikes up throughout the HIIT workouts. This was NOT an HIIT workout and I really loved the change.

Fun challenges, however, it was an hour and a half long. I stopped it at an hour and 10 minutes because I just don't have time for such long workouts. I didn't realize it was this long when I started it. The first 35 minutes is kickbox cardio and the next 20 minutes is more of a strength/circuit type thing with a body bar. I did three challenges from that and then stopped it. They were fun, I really enjoyed them There is also an ab section but I skipped that as well. If I have time I may do it tomorrow.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 10 minutes
10 minutes below zone
57 minutes in zone
10 minutes above zone
583 calories burned
:eek:

I also have Amy Bento's "In the Ring" and I'll try that one next week.

It's so fun finding different instructors. I use to be so stuck on Cathe, and then Cardio Coach. I think I'm going to have a good time finding new workouts with different instructors for a while.

Debbie: I love Kimberly Spreen- I like her personality, plus her workouts give me a good workout but I don't feel so beat up when I'm finished. Sometimes I don't want to do tuck jumps! But she is also easy to add intensity if you like. Her newest Cardio Combat Surge is fun, too.

This morning I was so indecisive on what I wanted to do. I started with Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2 and did combos 1-3 and the power ups 4 times, then I did Tracey Staehle's Steady State Step power step premix. I burned 633 calories. I then did Jari's Get Extremely Ripped workout#1 and burned 369 calories. Total calories burned was 1002. We have my sons birthday party here tonight. I made a cake and we will be grilling. My son in law is making baked macaroni and cheese. I am in trouble:eek: I have to help my dh take his work vehicle to get work done in a bit. Will check back later.

That's just flat out rediculous. I didn't even know that was possible.

Darn - my doctor just got called out for a delivery....so I had to reschedule! Hate that.

Deb - I love that Absolute Kickbox workout. I can make it more intense by putting more effort into it. I love the combat segments with the bar and it has good music, doesn't it? In the Ring is good....but it may take a couple tries to get some of Amy's coreographed boxing. I love her but she frustrates me at first! Which songs did you end up downloading recently?

Patti - I miss my 30 year old body!! LOL!

Diane Sue - that's a great calorie burn. How did you like Jari's new one? I've yet to do it.

Just a quick one for me today as I haven't much time and need to do errands and make it over to bf's earlier than usual on friday. I did Amy's All Pump.

Linda: I hope today is better for sure! Is DD in pain? You ARE a maniac to get up and workout today- LIC cardio was a good choice. Isn't it weird how clutzy you get when you're tired? Go to bed early tonight! How is eating this week?

Patti - Surprisingly DD has not complained of pain at all, except of course if it gets bumped. Yes, I definitely had two left feet this morning.:p My eating has been good, except I did happen to share DD's ice cream for the past three days, she eats most of it though. I could thing is I have managed not to get mad and chuck the whole day. Just had the ice cream and moved on.

Today was cardio and I got some workouts from Netflix. I need something different from Cathe or Cardio Coach so I got this kickboxing workout from an instructor named Kimberly Spreen and the workout is called Absolute Kickboxing. I loved her. This workout kept my HR in my neutral zone, didn't get into my anaerobic zone for too long. I liked this. With cathe's workouts and Cardio Coach your HR spikes up throughout the HIIT workouts. This was NOT an HIIT workout and I really loved the change.

Debbie - I love Absolute Kickboxing. Reminds me I need to pull it out again some time. Also like Amy's In The Ring, but my favorite is Amy's new Kickbox Surge. Not as complicated as some of her others.

Debbie: I love Kimberly Spreen- I like her personality, plus her workouts give me a good workout but I don't feel so beat up when I'm finished. Sometimes I don't want to do tuck jumps! But she is also easy to add intensity if you like. Her newest Cardio Combat Surge is fun, too.

Patti - Enabler! I just might have to check out Cardio Combat Surge now!

Last edited:
Linda: Got it! Good for you- I think it is almost a bigger victory to have some ice cream and move on than none at all, you know? I'm glad for you. Food is good here too. I feel better. Get some sleep this weekend!

I am really late getting back here and I am sure most of you are off to bed by now. No breakfast this morning. I was so hungry when we finally finished with our errands and stopped for lunch. We went to Burger King and I got a grilled chicken salad. Had a bad experience there with the salad and uncleaness of the restaurant:mad: Anyway I did end up with some macaroni and cheese and part of a grilled chicken breast for dinner. Couldn't eat it all though. Maybe the dead flies all over burger king and stuff killed my appetite for it.

Lora, I really like Jari's new Extremely Ripped. There is hardly any breaks throughout the whole workout so it keeps the hr up. I follow the people that use the step in the back. Jari and two of the women are in the front without the step.

Debbie, I always enjoy doing Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickbox. Not overly intense, but I always feel like I got a good workout and I burn quite a few calories while doing it. I like that about her new Combat Surge workout too. It has the kickbox with the bodybar intervals and the medicine ball intervals. Both workouts can be broken down into shorter ones too.

Patti, I could tell I haven't done Amy's Step Challenge 2 for awhile. I was having to refresh my memory on some of the choreography. Or maybe my brain was running a little sluggish this morning since I was having a hard time choosing a workout. I started out having a hard time getting my HR up so that is why I went on to the power ups.

Linda, I really liked that Amy's Kickbox Surge was not so hard to get even the first time through. I think the choreography in Rumble was pretty simple as well. I don't burn that many calories with it though until I hit the heavy bag work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.