Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Jan 28

Today was a total body workout for me.

I got the new Clean Eating magazine a couple of days ago and there is an almond butter chocolate cookie that looks yummy, going to try it today.

I'm really sorry I haven't had time for personals much this week. I've been really busy at work. Not sure today will be any better. But I am reading everyone's posts!

Today I did an ab workout and a stretch workout and then worked with my foam roller again. I'm feeling really good but still a bit tight in my IT band. I'm thinking that takes a long time to get loose. I still hurts to roll it out.

For Ab work I chose Muscle Endurance, love this one because you use a med ball with it. I used 8#.

For the Stretch I did Yoga Focus Stretch with Karen Voight. Love this one too, really loosens me up.

Then I just did a few foam rolling things for my hip flexors and IT band.

I have a job interview tomorrow at the place my mom went for her rehab. PLEASE say a quick prayer for me. I really want to get in there, it's a great place to work and retire. My interview is at 1 p.m. I'm nervous as all get out and I just hope I don't get all tongue-tied like I always do. And I have such a hard time tooting my own horn. I hate when they ask questions about me.

So please, I would really appreciate a prayer or two! Thanks! :D

roselyn-nice work. Those cookies caught my eye also :p

Debbie-prayers are on the way. Good luck and just remember to breathe :D

Yesterday was supersets for me: 3x15 for everything
lunge-40#
one arm row-30#

shelc
alternating chest press on ball-15's

one leg bb squat 60#
rotation press-8#

one leg deadlift-25#
ball roll outs

I finished with 3 and the 6 squat thrusts and 1 and 2 body weight squats mixed in. I had a pretty bad headache that started with the workout so I chose not to do cardio.

Theresa

Morning Everyone:D

This morning, I did d-5 chest and back and abs from ab hits. The plan was to do ab circuit, but ran short of time so I had to make a decision between ab circuit 17 mins or juicing, I chose to juice:eek:.

I swear, there just isn’t enough time. I woke up at 3:30:eek: I just laid there watching the TV. It took me a long to unwind after I got home last night. probably from the class I attended I got home around 8:45 ssssshhhhhhhiiiiiiiiittttttttt I’m usually in bed by 8pm. But, I wasn’t going to let anything get in way from pressing play:cool:.

Debbie – Sending blessing! I will keep you in prayer today. Claim it:)

Linda – I hope you get better soon. Take care:rolleyes:

Diane – Yep, your girl got blessed. I like the liquid protein in the morning, a few Tbsp and I am done,

Theresa - hi, we must of been typing at the same time! Good job on your workout;)

Last edited:
This morning I started with Insanity Cardio recovery as that was Thursdays workout. After 13 min I stopped because I have doms in my legs and this was frying my legs. So I put in Step Moves 44 min and burned 351 calories. DD came in and had breakfast and we found out school was canceled at the school she teaches at and her son's school so they went home. This left me with about a 30 min break. So I went back and did Insanity cardio abs 17 min and burned 101 cal max hr 151. I didn't think it seemed that hard after using Insane abs so I did Insanity Core Cardio and Balance 37 min and burned 313 calories Max HR was 164(cant believe this is the recovery week workout:0 I loved it. Got the HR up and worked the core. I then did Kelly Coffey's 30 min Boot Camp bonus stretch 18 min and 10 min of foam roller work. Total calories burned was 915 workout was 2 hr 19 min.. I really expected to shower and head out the door after step moves and some core work. I was happy I got to get in a decent workout. Tomorrow I will work upper body. May do an Insanity Cardio Recovery tomorrow if my legs aren't still sore.

Debbie, I will send prayers your way. I really hope that you get that job.

Roselyn, I keep looking in the stores for the new clean eating magazine and can't find it. I think I just need to order it. Although I renewed Oxygen online and never got it so had to go buy one:mad:

Teddy, sometimes you just have to make those decisions :p After that workout you probably needed the juice.

Theresa, nice workout. Don't you just love the weather here in Oklahoma. People were packing Walmart Market when I went in there yesterday afternoon filling carts. I only needed a few things. You would have thought they expected to be holed up for a couple of weeks or something. DD was going to go rent movies at the video store but said it was packed too.

Teddy-hello to you too. I have noticed we post at roughly the same time, Nice workout :p

Diane Sue-I went to the store on Monday strictly to avoid the wack jobs :D Have you got the wintry mix yet? On the Oxygen note, my friend ordered a subscription for me for my bday. I got one issue last October (two months after my bday) and then nothing. I sent them an email and have had NO response :mad: I think I will call again and harass them, it must be quite a racket to sell the subscriptions and not ever send out a magazine.

Theresa

Theresa, when I ordered Oxygen the last time they did that to me and I e mailed them. Then they got my order right and started sending. I don't feel too bad about the renewal because they didn't even send me a bill for it yet. I sure saves money though. It is raining and temps are dropping. I am hoping that I don't have to take my granddaughters to school tomorrow. They go to a private school and it is a longer drive for me. Last storm they didn't close down.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kim Kardashian Step workout. Workout was 47" and I burned 508 calories. Max HR was 154. I wore a new monitor with strap (cheapo that I got with a new workout program for free) cuz I've always been curious to see how good of a job I do getting my HR at peaks & Lows with my strapless. I must say that I do pretty good. The only one thing I noticed was that at times my HR is a bit higher than I think, I don't take it, as I don't think it's that high. I'm even more happy now that I know my HRM does a great job. (I wore one monitor on one wrist and one on the other -- HA! HA!)

I haven't posted lately, as I hate to complain day in and day out about my depression and pain. I've still been struggling with back and neck, and side pain. I had massotherapy yesterday and woke up today with an extremely stiff neck. I don't even have full ROM. Oh well, such is life. I work late today and tomorrow, and nights are dead. Yuk.

Have great workouts.

Deb - good luck with the interview. I hate interviews also, as I have very low self esteem so it's hard for me to say positive things about myself. I hope you get the job.

Hi Teddygirl - nice to see you back.

Hi to everyone else.

Linda - Wow on your shoulder. I have to say, and I know you won't like it, but I really think you need to take a couple weeks off. Just totally take it off, no workouts. I think with you going easier with the weights and all is good, but I have a feeling the damage is done. Take it easy for a bit after P90X. Just watch your eats and you should be good. I just hate to see you really hurt yourself to the point where you can't workout for months. That would just suck!

Roselyn - That recipe sounds good. I'm a sucker for cookies.

Theresa - I see you're back at it. How is your mental attitude towards working out now? Is it better? You had a great workout!

Teddygirl - Nice job with your workouts. Isn't STS a blast? I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

Diane Sue - Holy smokes woman, you are a workout machine! Even when you have a half hour of time to yourself you squeeze in another workout. You rock!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone! I have a real good feeling about this job. I want it so bad. I'll let you all know how the interview went on Saturday morning.

Debbie,

Prayers to you.

Here is that cookie recipe:

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (no flour, dairy-free, low sugar makes 24)

1 cup unsalted almond butter, stired well
3/4 cup Sucanat
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz. dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater) broken into small pieces

Preheat oven to 350.

Stir first 5 ingredients until blended, stir in chocolate.

drop by rounded Tbsp. onto parchement lined sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on sheets and remove to wire rack.

110 calories
8 gram total fat
10 grams carbs
1 gram fiber
3 grams sugar
2 grams protein

Lora-good to see you back. I was wondering where you were. It seems like that hr monitor reads a bit more than the other, correct?

Debbie-I'm getting back in the game-thanks for asking. When I start working out, I get into it but it just getting motivated to go. I started some new weight work which should help. I'm going to add a kb workout back in also.

my current plan will be

M-weights, 15 min steady state
T-HIIT
W-weights, 15 min steady state
Th-HIIT or Hill Sprints (if the treadmill ever gets fixed)
Fri-off/yoga and foam roll
Sat-kb workout or circuit style, 15 min steady state
Sun-HIIT

It's not too different, but just enough

Okay, I have found a new love "Crab Cakes" they are
delicious I'm eating my second one. They are YUMMY......I did not know :eek::eek: :p

My water intake is lacking big time, need to step it up. Have a great evening all:cool:

Of course woke up with the shoulder aching like mad after yesterday. Decided to do 4DS Bootcamp. Had a good workout, not quite as much jumping in that one like the HIITS.

Debbie - I will definitely send a prayer. Also my therapist said if didn't have only a week to go in P90X he'd tell me to take a rest. But he was glad to hear I was modifying.

Teddy - 3:30 am:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Theresa
- Good job getting back into the game.

Linda-nice job yourself :) I'm curious if your trouble is rotator cuff related; if you keep your elbow by your side and your arm bent in a 90 degree angle, can you move your arm away from you without pain? The week off helped my impingement but it's not completely gone. I've got to get back to the broomstick stretch......

Theresa - No I don't feel pain in that direction. Yesterday my therapist pushed on it in all different directions and the one that caused pain was when holding my arm straight out to the side and he push backwards on it.

I am so happy I don't have to worry about taking children to school in this weather. I just have to worry about being stuck here. Glad I went to the grocery store. Why the snow drifts up in front of our house I do not know. Maybe would have chosen somewhere else if I had a preview LOL.

Lora, I was wondering where you went. Glad to hear from you.

Linda, that shoulder does not sound good. Maybe you do need to let it rest. Personally I would focus more on lower body that does no require lifting heavy weight overhead and cardio and abs. Give the shoulder a good break.

Teddi, Crabcakes sound good. I have not had those in awhile Made shrimp currry and ate it on spinach for lunch. It was hot and spicey. I loved it. Dinner was chicken breasts and salad. Fat free dressing.

Roselyn, thanks for sharing that recipe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.