HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR FRI OCT 22

Was up at 4 today don't know why so workout was done by 5:30.

I did an Hiit 15 and then bis, tris and shoulders, Meso 3 week 1

Warm up
Standing barbell front press 20#
" 25#

4 sets 8 reps each of:

Standing Barbell Front Press 30#
Barbell Curl 30#
Flat Bench Tricep Extension 12# + 1lb glove

Seated Lateral raise 12#
Incline Curls w/dumbbells 15# both arms
Seated overhead extensions 13#

Seated Rear Delts 12#
Seated Concentration Curls 15# + 1lb glove
Cross Body Tri Kickback 12#

That is it. Have a good day everyone.

Today was Legs and Calves and had a pretty good workout, although I woke up with another bad headache. I didn't want to skip another workout, though, so I sucked it up and took 4 ibuprofins. After an hour I was fine and other then dizzy spells, had a good workout.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each exercise.

LEGS:
Leg Extensions - 75#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#.

Leg Press Station - 180#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 10#. LOVE this exercise!

Hack Squats - 75#/12 reps - 4 set
***Up 5#.

Elevated Deadlifts - 87#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#. I remembered last time this one got me good. It did this time too.

Lying Leg Curls - 45#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 5#.

CALVES:
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes In - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Out - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 180#/25 reps
***Up 10#. These burned like crazy!

Roselynn - Nice workout. Impressive weights, too! You rock your workouts and I'm glad you are posting weights! :D

Have a great day, everyone! Anyone hear from Linda lately?

Good morning -

Great workout, Roselyn. Very early :eek: Hope you aren't tired today.

Cheryl - Read about your colors. Good for you for letting him take over. That must have been so tough. It's so true -- until it's done, it can be hard to envision but I think sometimes the really daring colors turn out so much better than more conservative choices. Laughed about you breathing in the paper bag. I probably would have been, too. Wish I'd been braver with our living room. I had a heck of a time and re-painted it 3 times. Never was thrilled with it but started to feel like the layers of paint were making the room ... smaller and I just coudn't go through it anymore. My first choice had one wall a Paprika color. Wish I'd stayed with that. I'll bet it looks beautiful :D You are accomplishing a lot. Must feel great.

Debbie - Been thinking about you. I get a lot of 'warnings' about the teen years, but it seems to me that a lot of young people go through some rough times (and so consequently, the people in their lives do too) during their 20's. I can understand your not wanting to go into detail -- don't need the details to keep you in my prayers and that I surely will.

Theresa - I really am enjoying Insanity so far. Still trying to get clear on how to work it into a rotation that includes other components. Not sure how I'm going to do that yet. The workouts themselves come on so fast and then are done just as quickly, I barely have time to form an opinion about them ... but from what I can tell, I really like them [?] :confused:

I did Muscle Max yesterday. Usually with that workout I add a few extra sets or use parts of it in mixes for splits. I just did it "as is" and was dragging. I've been kind of tired all week -- more so than usual. Just wasn't 'into it,' but I did press on and just got it done. More of a 'maintenance' workout. That is, I just wanted to touch on all the muscle groups but until I get more of a sense for how to alternate weight work with Insanity, I didn't really want to push with the poundages and on some of the exercises probably should have gone a few pounds heavier -- but ... I just really didn't care :confused: That's unusual for me. Not sure what was up. Despite this, it was a pretty good workout and I'd say that the toughest set by far was the static lunges. I think I could have done them without any weight and still felt them. Those just never get easier for me, especially when I'm careful to keep my stance close with back shoulder, hip and knee in vertical line -- 2 tight 90' angles, rather than a bit more distance between front and back leg (which is still tough but not as gruesome :p).

Squats warm up: 40 lbs (20 lb vest and two 10 lb dbs)
Barbell Squats: 107 lbs (40 lb vest and 67 lb barbell)
(took an 60 secs., then)
Static lunges: 40 lbs (my legs were tired when I started. These, I really felt. Took a few minutes before going onto chest just to stand there and say OW :confused: ).

Push ups: 2 sets of 12 on toes
Flies (2/2 count) 28 lb dbs.
Flies (4/4 count with internal rotation); 25 lb dbs.
Push ups varying speed on toes

Barbell Rows: 72 lbs
Db rows: 35 lbs
Barbell pull overs: 55 lbs

Band leg press: blue non latex band - stayed 2 sets on 1 side before switching
Plie squats: 2 sets - 25 lb db

Lateral raises: 2 sets: 12 lbs (seemed kinda light but held at peak contraction - liked that)
Band lateral raises: used pink cathe non latex - it was still a good burn
Upright rows 2 sets: 15 lb dbs
Front raise into rear lat pull: 2 sets (used 8 lb dbs - kinds light)

Barbell bicep curls: 2 sets, 45 lbs
Db bicep curls w/ partials: 12 lb dbs

Triceps overhead extension into dip 2 sets 25 lbs/22.5 lbs
Band kickbacks: green non latex
Ab work: DS joined me on this (extra challenge to do while one is laughing)

Not sure if I’m going to just do lighter, longer steady state today or Insanity Pure Cardio. Quite a difference between the 2. The Pure Cardio has me a little nervous but they’ve all made me feel that way until I just jumped in and did them so … we’ll see.

Have a great morning.

Lori

Wow, Lori, I did not know you were that strong! I think this is the first time I've read your specific weight selections...I know you said MM was more of a maintenance workout for you and you weren't really that into it, but it looks like you did a killer job on it. Of course, though, all you ladies pretty much lift weights that would make me cry.

I'm really happy to be getting back into more of a normal workout routine now that my schedule has normalized a bit. This week was still a bit rough (on weekend, now...no Friday classes), though, with finishing final grades for the class that just ended and completing a very extensive and rigorous application for a full time tenure track job. I got the app completed really down to the wire and ended up having my fiance fax it for me so I could make my afternoon class on time. Anyway, it's done now, so that's a relief.

The last few weeks I've only been working out three times a week, which sucks, but now it's getting better. Wednesday I went to yoga class and yesterday I did Circuit Blast. I haven't worked out yet today, but I will soon.

Debbie, I hope all goes well with your stepdaughter.

More time to check in when I haven't done anything :eek: . I've already taken a rest day this week but ... I don't know. If I do anything it will be later this evening.

Hermia - If I had gone heavier in that workout, it wouldn't have been by much. It's just those few extra pounds here and there seem to make all the difference between so-so and a spot on, really good effort for me. I just wasn't 'there.' Those are probably the days I should NOT be trying for any improvements anyway ... or maybe even lifting weights at all. Struggling, because I'm wondering if maybe I really need a couple more rest days. I feel really ... :confused: run down, but maybe I'll get a surge of energy this evening. That happens sometimes. I'm very happy for you, that your schedule's calmed down from what it was. That was really a push and must have spread you very thin. Still sounds like a demanding schedule though, and I really, REALLY hope the tenure position comes through for you. The application sounded stressful in itself. I think 3 workouts under the circumstances is really very good and enough to hold your ground. Circuit Blast is a fun one - haven't done that for awhile. Always think of you when I do yoga -- and I've been a bit better about that lately. When I do it, I enjoy it so much. Enjoy your workout today :) .

Lori

I am.really enjoying my visit with my Dad My brother came today and the other will be coming with his family tomorrow. I will get no workouts for 4 days. Eating has been bad!! I will need to get back at it Monday.I am reading the forums. Will try to get back again.

Diane Sue - Glad you're having a great time :) I think you deserve (and probably NEED) to just relax and not worry about ... anything (especially working out or eating healthy). You are so vigilent 99.9% of the time. My guess is your body will have a positive response to the break. Good to hear from you.

Lori

Glad you're having such a great visit, Diane Sue. =)

Lori, have you been feeling run down for a while, or just the last couple days? I'm sure it will pass..there are always those days, unfortunately. Thanks...I really hope for a tenure track job soon...it's getting so old and tedious to always have to worry about whether the next teaching assignment will come through and how I'll manage my schedule with working between several jobs. That in itself is stressful, aside from the work itself.

Today I did the first two standing sections of Tracey Staehle's Core Blast and then Legs and Glutes, although only about 3/4. I skipped a bit to get busy on my errands. Mark and I just got back from Blizzcon (video game convention) a bit ago. Was fun. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.