HARD CORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES FOR 7-09

I have been in hilton head the past week. Keeping up on workouts and doing some sand walking, but ready to come home and get back in my routine. talk to you all soon.

Roselyn - One of my friends is in Hilton Head this week too - she said the weather has been awesome!! I hope you are enjoying it. :)

I hope everyone is doing better today and all injuries/pains are getting better. I did cardio this morning (Imax 2) and actually completed the entire workout, which I have been having trouble with lately. My eating has also been aweful this week and I'm up 4 lbs this morning - YUK.

I plan on getting my eating back under control over the weekend at camp and hope to get in lots of exercise. Saturday's forecast says rain, so I am going to try Legs and Glutes and probably a nice long hike with the dogs. My puppies are going crazy with no walks this week. The heat index is again over 100 and it was brutal even at 5:00 am when I would usually walk/jog with them. I decided to wait until tomorrow and take them for a super long hike. :D

I hope everyone has a great weekend. 'See' ya on Monday.

Cheryl

GM Ladies-

Cheryl-you will get those eats back, and way to go on Imax2.....That's a "fun" way to start the morning :D I gave up diet soda and wheat for the month and I can tell a HUGE difference already, I don't know why I think I can get away w/ eating horrible. It's always a struggle, have fun at camp :)

I did the express premix from CCC yesterday, along w/ pushups (6,6,4,4,and5) and worked on my pullups. I pulled a lat muscle on the pullups so I think I will need to adjust my strategy. According to the plan I am following online, you do 5 sets of 1 negative for 5 counts. I am having a hard time holding myself up and lowering slowly, so I think I will use the bands and really work on form. I hope to be able to do 20 one day, but right now I'd be happy w/ one :D I think a rest day is in order today, I feel very beat up from the run and failed attempt at pullups yesterday. Tomorrow, I should get another kb workout in. Monday, I will start TURBO FIRE.....it looks like a lot of fun; The music was awesome :D

TTYL

Today was Meso 2, Week 1, Disc 15, Back and Biceps. Had an exceptional workout and was very careful with form and weights. Neck is still a bit sore and I have a headache. Glad I have the next two days off. Hopefully that will help.

Warmup:
Lat Pulldowns w/Band
T-Pull w/Band
Y's w/Band
***Used green band, 12 reps each exercise. Was real careful with these because I can't help but wonder if band work is causing this as well.

Workout:
Overhand Band Pulls - 12 reps
Palms Facing Band Pulls - 12 reps
Underhand Band Pulls - 12 reps
***I did exactly what Cedie did here. Did not do chins or pullups due to my neck problem. These were perfect and I really felt them.

One Arm Rows - 30's/12 reps
One Arm Rows - 30's/10 reps
One Arm Rows - 30's/8 reps
One Arm Rows - 30's/15 reps (to failure)

Barbell Rows - 55#/12 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/10 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/16 reps (to failure)

Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/10 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/15 reps (to failure)

Barbell Curl - 50#/12 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/9 reps (to failure)

Seated Alternating Curls - 20's/12 reps
Seated Alternating Curls - 20's/10 reps
Seated Alternating Curls - 20's/9 reps

Barbell Preacher Curls - 45#/12 reps
Barbell Preacher Curls - 45#/10 reps
Barbell Preacher Curls - 45#/10 reps (to failure)
***Used my preacher bench, I don't like doing these on the SB because it hurts my elbows.

Theresa - I was going to tell you yesterday, but didn't get a chance to get back in here, that you shouldn't do pullups if your traps are sore. Not a good plan. I hope you are ok. Start slow with the pullups, it will come. And using assistance is the best way to start.

Roselyn - Hope you are having fun!

Cheryl - Have a great weekend at camp!

Hi to everyone! :)

Theresa - Way to go on giving up the soda and wheat - I wish I could! :p I am so dependent on caffiene, especially when I have afternoon patients, that I just don't think I could go without it. Good work on the pullups - they are a bear!! I am going to check out Turbo Fire on the internet, although DH says I'm not allowed to buy any more workout DVD's for a while. :(

Debbie - I'm glad you have a few days off to "nurse" the neck. I hope you feel better next week. :D

I'm off to camp for the weekend in about an hour. Have a great one everyone!!

Cheryl

I thought that I was going to be back here at lunch but never happened.
My foot was still hurt this morning so I had to modify a lot. My Nike compression socks helped relieve it though so I went to stop and get some more when I got the kids to go to the library. I started with Brook Benton's Cardio Pump Fusion w/up, Kettlebell cardio and crank 35 minutes 175 calor...ies, then I did Power 90 Fat Burning Express using an 8# med ball 36 minutes 190 calories, I followed with Amy's 10 minutes solution 5 day get fit abs and Turbo Fire Abs 10 class 21 minutes 64 calories and finished with Turbo Fire Stretch 10, 12 minutes 24 calories. Total calories burned was 459.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.