Harcore Fitness Maniacs - March 12

ashumate

Cathlete
Hi ladies - today I am going to legs again. I overslept and don't have much time. Thanks for the notes about that crazy low calorie diet - I don't think it is achievable or healthy.

BBL to post stats.

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Coach #7 but just did Challenge #1 and 2 which was enough. I was only going to do a 30 minute workout but once I got going I just kept going. Had a great workout.

Cardio Stats:
54 minutes
4 min. below zone
16 min. in zone
34 min. above zone
449 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

Ooops...we have two threads going. Was wondering why I didn't see Deb's post on the other.

Gonna work shoulders today and 60 mins of cardio. Got some things to do today..errands, etc. Gonna be a good day though. Alittle cooler though.

Hey Everyone! I worked out late yesterday but read most of the posts - need to go back and see what I missed though! The plumber was here for 6 hours. Thank goodness that is finished. Now I am cleaning house b/c even though he was very neat and wore those shoe covers, there are so many leaves outside, etc that he tracked stuff in left and right, the grout from around the toilets got everywhere, etc. At least I don't have to clean toilets this time around though :)

Linda - I am so glad that you weren't hurt any worse! How are the hand and knee today?

Patti - I remembered that I was going to mention to you about your produce bill...it gets ridiculous, doesn't it? Makes me want to grow a huge garden. My grocery bill is so high just b/c of fresh produce, and I buy organic when that option is available so that just adds to it.

Dallys - I also remembered that I was going to tell you that I love those big gears too. I prefer that to the easy spin but know that I need both! Do you have Spinervals Big Gear Strength?

Diane Sue - don't you just love hanging, not knowing what is going to happen???! :( Keep us posted.

Sonya - congrats on the job transfer!!

Ally - The calories do seem low - I don't eat enough sometimes (too often - something I am working on!) and can really tell the difference in my workouts and the way I feel. I just always try to make smart choices with what I do eat so that I get protein, whole grain/natural carbs, some fat and fruits/veggies. I was reading in that Oxygen last night about what you can eat/drink to supposedly help you loose weight - green tea, red hot pepper, cinnamon, nuts, berries, citrus, dairy, protein shakes as long as you watchout for added sugar, soups (b/c they are low energy-dense, meaning they contain lots of water and fiber (instead of calories) which keeps you satisfied longer... high energy-dense would be like a Starbuck's muffin - a small piece of food that is loaded with calories and unhealthy fats), fish with Omega 3s and/or flaxseed. That way, you can still eat the calories and not send your body into starvation mode. There was another page on not eating enough calories - stuff we have all heard before but always good for me to read again since I am guilty of that and would prefer that my body not hold onto any extra fat b/c I am not eating enough.

So, yesterday was some ab work - just a little bit - and cardio. I decided to just be off one day on the STS rather than do back to back days b/c I am sore from Tuesday and my recovery week is next week anyway. Cardio for yesterday was CC#5...Challenge 1 on bike, 2 on stepmill, 3 on arc - warm up and cool down on TM. Burned 610 calories, MAX HR 182, AVG HR 155. Today I am doing the abs in the new Oxygen issue and Disc 11, and think I will spin on the bike and do some TM for just a bit.

I finished my workout. I started with a treadmill run. I ran 6 miles and burned 643 calories. I kept it between 5 and 7mph. I then did STS abs circuits no equipment abs, stability ball abs, and yoga based abs. I finished off with Tracey Staehle's Parts yoga and stretch(15min) Total calories burned was 876. I wasn't real sure that my HR monitor was working right though. It was so nice here (in the 80's) a couple of days ago and today it is freezing slushy rain outside. Didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning.

Oh, Charlotte - and your workout wore me out...where you repeated the icycle! Good grief woman :eek:

Shana,

Well if you think of it in small steps then it is not bad. I think..o.k...40 mins. and then when the 40 mins is over..I think o.k..just another 40 mins and then I am done. lol. Funny cuz the guy kept saying (the first 40 mins) that I only have 15 mins left..I was like..NO I DON'T! lmao! He made it longer for me when he said that as I was working on my mini steps, in my head. hehe.

Morning Maniacs! No workout this morning...still adjusting to time change:p. I do plan on a bike ride after work. I have a niece's wedding to attend all day tomorrow. I hope I didn't affend anyone yesterday by talking about strick diets and obsession. These are my own issues and I don't judge what others do, cuz I know some of you are way more disaplined than myself (and I hate you for it...kidding!). ;):cool:

I just came up with the most delicious breakfast, all on accident. The other day I was feeling adventurous and made some cookies with 9 grain cereal in place of the usual oatmeal (ick, I know). Anyway they were way to grainy and hard to eat and basically not all that good. I hated throwing all that grain away so I just threw them in the freezer. Then today, I had a light bulb moment! I got a cookie and put it in a bowl with milk and microwaved it for a min. or so and Waa Laa...instant breakfast cereal of a perfect portion(and it's portable!) and quite tasty, no need to add anything sweet at all. I'm a genius.

Shana- I don't have any Spinervals. I always want to push big gears to help with my mtn bike climbing. I'm trying to add in the easier spinning now and it's a mental game of sorts. It wears me out just as much as the big gears and it's not supposed to. So I have work to do.

Char- Have fun running errands today. That's always so fun.:p Don't veer off track and buy any Cadbury eggs.;)

Debbie- Nice job on CC#7!

Ally-enjoy your leg workout.

Hermia- Weird you were feeling light headed during your workout. Sometimes that happens to me too. I wonder what causes it.

Where's Anne?

Later...

Morning! I did STS #3 Legs today- it was a good workout but she flies through the reps! Wow. Anyway, glad to be repeating week #1, now that I have the pace figured out a bit.

Good workouts everyone! I second what Dallys said- I am in slight awe of you all with your diets- it's impressive to me. I have issues in that department and being here helps me with that. It's nice to get inspired by you all. :)

I am going to wimp out on personals right now because I have to go pick up DD from school.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Zucchini Lasagna; apple
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats; raw almonds
M5: Chicken Stew; Salad w/lite Vadalia dressing
M6: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1669 calories
43 g. fat - 23%
150 g. protein - 36%
179 g. carbs - 43%

Ok, not bad here. I'm going to try to stick with 1600-1750 calories and see how that works for me for a while. I put M6 back in because I get way too hungry by 9 p.m.

****I got a $100 bonus at work so I'm going to invest in the VersaGripp gloves and an attachment to put on my bar so I can do T-Bar rows properly! I am so excited!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This morning there was a murder/suicide at the vet office where I take my cat. Apparently the employee called her husband from work and told him she wanted a divorce so he came to the office and shot her then himself. What a crazy place this world is. Then while googling info on that story I find there was another murder/suicide not to far from there on March 4th. You know, you just don't think that stuff happens near you.

Anyway this morning I did cardio from HIS and LIS. Modifying moves for the knee. Workout was 56 minutes and burned 458 calories.

Linda - I am so glad that you weren't hurt any worse! How are the hand and knee today?

Shana - The heel of my left hand has a nasty bruise on it. The leg is okay for walking and even stairs and aerobics, but won't be doing squats anytime soon. Painful if I try to squat my own weight let alone add a barbell. So I guess leg work is out for this week.

Dallys - you have a trainer, right? I can't remember who does and who does not.

Nope. I do have a stationary bike though. I tried a trainer a few months ago and it was way to loud with my mountain bike tires. Now that I have a road bike, I am thinking of getting rollers. Rollers look way fun. Have you seen people trying them for the first time on YouTube. Hilarious! Did you ever get that kinetic trainer, the rock and roll one?
****I got a $100 bonus at work so I'm going to invest in the VersaGripp gloves and an attachment to put on my bar so I can do T-Bar rows properly! I am so excited!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yeah! Let us know how you like your new toys!

Debbie - WooHoo! on the new toys. Gotta love new toys. You will love the versagripps!!!!! I checked out your australian pullups, and these are the inverted rows I did in TT, but you got the whole hand turning thing added with the Perfect Pullup. Great Exercise!

This morning there was a murder/suicide at the vet office where I take my cat. Apparently the employee called her husband from work and told him she wanted a divorce so he came to the office and shot her then himself. What a crazy place this world is. Then while googling info on that story I find there was another murder/suicide not to far from there on March 4th. You know, you just don't think that stuff happens near you.
Wow. What a sad story. Seems like nobody can deal with things anymore. It's getting crazy.

Debbie - WooHoo! on the new toys. Gotta love new toys. You will love the versagripps!!!!! I checked out your australian pullups, and these are the inverted rows I did in TT, but you got the whole hand turning thing added with the Perfect Pullup. Great Exercise!

I know, it's so cool. My upper back is so sore from doing those yesterday! :eek: There is so much you can do with the Perfect Pullup, that is one cool contraption.

That is scary about what happened in your town. You hear more and more of this crazy stuff. I just want to lock myself up in my house and never go anywhere anymore!!!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished with workouts.

SHOULDERS:

Overhead Presses 25's 3/8
Front Lateral Raises (isolated) 15# 3/8
Bent Over Raises on Ball 8's 3/8
Rows w/db's 20's 3/8

Cardio Coach #7

Burned 464 cals
Traveled 5.9 mi
57 mins

**did not finish last 4 sprints**

Did some ab work too...BM2

Getting ready to eat some steak!

Wow, that's a sad story Linda...divorce isn't great but it happens a lot...I guess that guy seriously lacked in coping skills and/or mental stability to do what he did. Can you imagine the people who were there when it happened? What a thing to witness.

Well, today I did the first half of Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2 before work. Was gonna do some yoga after work but not enough time. Perhaps if I had a four day weekend like Miss Sonya! lol! Yes, I'm jealous! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.