HAPPY NEW YEAR- WWer's!!!!

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Hey, ya'll!! I hope that you had a great night and a safe one!!! Safety on New Year's is a HUGE thing for me, because of where I work!!!

Anyway, one last night of unclean eating, and it wasn't all that bad. I made a really super yummy taco dip that is going over VERY well!! I am also planning on meeting the family for breakfast in the morning as well.

I will see you all later and I hope that you have a great day!!!

Happy New Year to all the wonderful WW group! Well I wish I had you all on my shoulder yesteday....First COMPLETE FIASCO food day of entire holiday season! I guess I can officially say that I havent eaten badly for an entire day since last year!;) I'm such a foodie that I didnt have even 1 glass of alcohol (went to bed at 9Pm - left DH up w/ dogs to keep them calm) but I sure had all the junk I could find!
Hots Dogs- Fries- Diet Soda (junk food to me)-Peanuts-Peppermint Chocolate Bark-Entire Plate Brownies - fried Pork Steak...... Oh lordy gotta step on the scale (AFTER WORKOUT)

Well at least it had been months & months since a full day like that so I guess I was being rebellious going into 2007!

Wish today were a "regular day" so my routine isnt off but I will do my best to do yesterdays workout PLUS todays so I stay on track for month.

Amers: GREAT JOB in pushing to the limit w/ ME yesterday! You powerful woman you! Yummy dip I'm sure! Did ya miss the tomatoes???

CHERYL: GOODNESS!!!! Hooray on the scale victory! I sure wish I'd read that BEFORE I went to game- perhaps I would have thought of you instead of hot dogs!!!!! Love StepMax! lol outfits... everyone looked like thunderthighs in those! Nurse ttom a bit... sound like your body is having a small freak attack this month! MINE TOO! I keep waking up saying "just start already!"

LORI: Our Texans won ! I think we ended up 2nd worst record in the league! Its really only because we played Browns - worst record in league! hahahah but it was soooo fun to win 1! The crowd acted like we were going to the Superbowl! Did the Lions deliver any Happy new Year surprises for you?

Jane: Happy New Year! Not sure what time you go to work today but hope the day is uneventful! Make it a great one my friend and stay safe... I think hungover drivers are as bad as drunk drivers.

Happy Day to all- May 2007 bless each of us beyond our wildest dreams!:7

Goooood Mooooorning! (Well, sort of - it's still dark here in Utah)

I'm heading out to meet a running partner to attempt the long run we ended up missing on Saturday. If it goes as planned, about 11-11 1/2 miles. Wish me luck!

Amy, sounds like a wonderful party. The taco dip must have been killer!

Traci, everyone deserves a complete pig-out day now and then. Now it's done. Mine was Christmas. It took me 4 days to undo that damage, but it wasn't the end of the world... just a couple of days of hard work. And I won't be looking at a plate of brownies or a chocolate/caramel pretzel with lust for a long time again, so it served it's purpose. It will all be okay! Now you'll be working out this morning with extra purpose and zest. (And maybe with StepMax playing if you need a good laugh!)

Have a great morning, everyone! I hope everyone else is well and safe - will check again in a few hours to see how everyone is.

-Cheryl:* :p :7

Good Morning everyone!! I hope everyone had a safe & happy New Year's Eve!! We watched football, and I worked on my knitting. I started this up about 2 weeks ago, and I am hooked.! HA!!

Traci, the Lions did win, I could not believe it, but they did. They beat Dallas, and they looked like a great team YESTERDAY!! They are 3-12, so the Texans can not be much worse, can they?? I love to watch the Manning brother's, and I also love Brett Favre.

I had myself convinced to do Cathe's January rotation, but think I am going to do Aug. 2004 instead. There is alot of weights in it, and it focuses on the Lower Body, which I really want to slim down. It also has alot of cardio in it. It just looks like the perfect fit for me right now, and what I want to do with my body.

I don't think I will ever see the 120's on the scale,(that is awesome!!), but I did see 142.5 this morning on mine, and it was the lowest number I have ever seen on my scale. I was thrilled!! I think eating more is helping me. I know I feel alot better, more energy, and that alone is worth it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Lori

Cranked out Back & Chest - just had some Good Luck Blackeye Peas & Cabbage w/ DH. I let him have all the cornbread as I am trying desperately to deal w/ binge & ttom cravings today after my little food fest. Still have Abs & a Cardio Coach to whip out before I hit the showers and enjoy the holiday.

CHERYL:
Hope your run was wonderful... I am so brrrrrr cold this am (its 50!) so I am waiting 1 more hour to head outside w/ cardio coach 3.

Lori:
Gooooooooooo LIONS!!!!!!!! Gotta love us fans who are tried & true even in embarressing seasons! I've heard good things about Aug 04 rotation so hope you enjoy! Congrats & happy dance for scale dropping and flopping! You'll break that 140 mark in no time & just for the record....I FIRMLY believe it has to do with additional calories... (the good ones of course!)

AMY:
How was that big breakfast this am? Was it at another southern place????

Enjoy the day!

Hi again, everyone!

Lori, big congrats for the success on the scale! Hurray! You can do it! I have no doubt you'll be seeing all kinds of new "firsts" through all of this year.

Traci, hurray on the good workout! Whew, I'm sure it feels like a relief to be back in the saddle.

Well, the run happened, but it was misery. Weather in the teens and the trail covered with ice, coupled with a little wind chill. Partner and I struggled through 7 miles of the trail in and hour and 20 minutes and I came home and finished up with 45 min on the TM. Going to polish it off with Stretch Max 2 in a minute here. Did get the 2+ hours on my feet I was looking for, and so glad it's done.

DH and I are planning a date this afternoon. Yayyy!! our first evening in about a month without kids. We'll make the most of it.

Have a great New Year's Day, everyone!

Cheryl

Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry I was MIA for most of December. I got sick(which lasted 10 days) and I've just started to feel "back to normal". Plus we had two blizzards and Christmas, so life definitely got in the way of a healthy me this month.

My sister bought me Drill Max for Christmas; I'm going to preview it today. I'm almost afraid to try this one from what I've heard about it. I also got the WW at Home kit, so I could see the new program materials. I think the thing I love the most about it is that it includes the maintenance stuff--I think WW spends I good deal of time making that part a mystery to those of us who haven't made goal yet(I went to meetings for about a year after DS was born in 2002 and quit because I didn't like my leader--Boring). I actually feel more positive about being able to succeed this time because I can see where I am going--does that make sense?

DD goes back to school tomorrow; so the regular workout routine will return.

Have a great day!

Kim

Oh, and I got a Cathe calendar for Christmas too. No sign of the replacement dvds yet though.

Welcome, Kim! I'm sure you'll love Drill Max. It's one of my all time favorites. It got me in the glutes, big time, the first two times I did it. It's the wall squats on the ball, I think.

Weighed in - 128.0, Yayy! Still making progress. Now I just can't let up.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

hello everybody and happy new year. I started the year out this morning working BLECH! it is one of my holidays to cover this year along with July 4th.

Traci - I only have to commute from the bedroom to my office here in the house since I work at home. I would have been more than a little afraid to venture out on the roads this morning at 4 a.m. with the revelers still out and it was pouring down rain here. Thank heavens I work at home!

Kim - good to see you back.

Hello to everyone ele ^^^ there. I'll be back after while. I need to kick DH out of the living room now to do my workout. The last workout on the Dec rotation. I am going to do the January rotation, I'm starting it on Wed.

bbl

Hey, everyone! I am now at least lucid....I may not be appropriate, but up and about, yes!!!

Traci- No, breakfast wasn't a huge southern place....just Waffle House. Dad always likes to go at least once while they're here, and DH loves to go whenever! I actually did very well....grilled chicken breast and steamed hashbrowns. I considered blowing the entire thing, but when I got there, nothing else sounded good. Sorry about the eating fiasco....but I wouldn't have been any help! I would have been right next to you shoveling in the goodies as fast as you were!!!:7 :7 Misery loves company, right???}( :7

Lori- Congrats on the scale!! I am glad that you are enjoying the knitting. My mother is a wonderful knitter and can sit for hours and hours needling away (family term;-) ). I tried to learn when I was young, but it wasn't going to happen. I was the crochet/cross-stitch queen, but 2 yrs ago, I started thinking about it, picked it up and have been running with it ever since. Right now I am working on socks for DH and a shawl for myself (I don't have the patience to do one thing for a long time....I have to switch back and forth!). I love that it's so portable and actually keep a project in my car at all times for when I forget and end up sitting for a long period of time somewhere (oh, say....Doctor's office!!!) I will have to check out the Aug 2004 rotation. I have been considering doing a Cathe rotation instead of my own concoction.

Cheryl- Great job on sqeaking out the cardio!!! Today is actually my built in rest day, which is nice! Awesome job on the scale as well!!!

I have to laugh, everyone here is so excited about the 130/140's on the scale..... I know that I will NEVER see that on my scale! I have set my goal to 160's (but then, I'm a bit taller and larger framed than the average bear, too!). I think that I will be a larger size 8 or smaller size 10 around there and that's perfect for me!

Oh, another funny.....(yes, it's Monday afternoon...rambling, rambling, rambling.....). I wore a sleeveless top under my scrub jacket to work last night. I took it off to help bathe a patient and when I came out of the room, a co-worker walked by, did a double take, and said, "OOOOOHHHHH" while poking at my shoulders/biceps. I asked, "what?" and he said, "Your arms...WOW!!! I have never seen them since you started working out....you always wear long sleeves!" Quite a few other co-workers made comments and compliments about them as well before I was able to put my jacket on. I have to say that my shoulders and traps are my "pride and joy" at this point because they are pretty cut, but I don't go around doing "Arnold" poses for attention!:) ;-)

ETA- Waves at Jane and hopes that workout is a good one!

Workout done! I did the DM cardio leg blast and added on the bonus cardio and blast from LIC. I was feeling so strong and energetic! I also did the homemade abs routine she had on the rotation. Another rotation done and filed! YIPPEE...

Lori/Amy - I did a couple of weeks of the Aug 04 rotation back in the fall. I was alternating weeks of that rotation with the Nov 05 rotation. Both have a fat burning focus with a little more focus on the legs in the August one. I like to do that when I'm not following the current month rotation, that is, mixing a couple of rotations with the same focus and alternate weeks.

I am doing the January rotation and will start it on Wed. Tomorrow is my rest day and WW meeting. I haven't been to a meeting since the second week of December, just too busy with the Christmas season.

Off to get something to eat!

bbl.......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.