H*A*T*E, 8/27

Miss Lee

Cathlete
[font size=+2 face="comic sans ms"]Howdy do![/font]

I've been trying to start this thread for quite awhile -- hopefully it'll take this time. My power has gone out twice this morning and I have no clue why http://bestsmileys.com/clueless/1.gif

The Blue Screen of Death hasn't reared his ugly head in a couple of days, so I'm hoping with all my heart that I can postpone buying a new computer until October when they release the new OS.

I did the CC PP workout Saturday, then DH and I went for a nice, long walk Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous morning -- it was cool and the sun was shining. I spent a long time on the phone with my sister. She's a basket case right now. She and her DH of 26 years are getting a divorce (I can't stand him for reasons I won't explain on a public forum), and her kids have left the nest, too, and she is sooooo lonely:-( . I'm trying to figure out what I can do to help her through this time. It's hard because she lives so far away. I'm going to send her some flowers today but I'm not sure if I should have them delivered to her home or class room. I have no idea what time she'll get home tonight.

[font size=+1 face="comic sans ms"]Jen -[/font] Thanks for starting the thread yesterday. Sorry I didn't pop in for a quick hello -- we were gone most of the day and I didn't get a chance to visit the forums. Oh, I'm 4.5 years older than my DH, my mom was 6 years older than my dad, my sister is 2 years older than her (soon to be ex) DH, and my brother is 2 years younger than his wife. I didn't know how old DH was when I first agreed to go out with him, but I think maturity is more important than chronological age anyway -- not that my DH is all that mature:p. It sounds like the guy you "met" is a real jerk, but there has to be at least one bad apple in every bunch so hang in there.

[font size=+1 face="comic sans ms"]Robin -[/font] How was the pizza picnic? Would you believe we had pizza last night!? Yes, I had pizza Friday night AND Sunday night :eek: :9 . We took dinner to DH's parents last night and that's what they wanted. I'm not complaining:p . I am, however, hopping on the New Life Diet Monday bandwagon with you;)

[font size=+1 face="comic sans ms"]August -[/font] Are you home yet!? Did you do a workout? which one? How are the squirrels adjusting to being separated from their siblings again? Whazzup with Oogi?

[font size=+1 face="comic sans ms"]Everybody else -[/font] I'll BBL to see what you're up to:)

Hi, Michele!

Power outages in the middle of summer?! That's pretty weird! And frustrating if your computer goes out. Doesn't it have a battery?

>I'm hoping with all my heart that I can postpone buying a new computer until October when they release the new OS.

Ahhhh, there are good things and bad things about that. I got my new computer when it just came out, and there were a ton of recalls.

Not to scare ya or nothin'.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. If the guys' not worthy of your approval, then it must be a good decision for them to split. Nevertheless, a major life-change like that after having been together with him for 26 years...that must be so hard.

Would your sister be open to having a puppy?

Puppy! Puppy! Puppy!!

Okay, what'd I miss? What's a New Life Diet? Does it involve green beans? Cheddar cheese?

What workout did I do? I ended up seeing that I'd be getting home late, and, knowing I'd have to report back here later on LOL, on my way home, I nixed the metro and bullet walked the 30 minutes. I hope that counts.

The first night the squirrels slept in their own apartments two and two, Cham was lonesome but only in the morning when she meowed around for the other guys and couldn't find them. But now, now they seem to be happy to be just the two of them. During the day when I have work, and on the weekends when I'm out of town, they're staying with Mom and the other two, so I guess they have a good balance. Though if it were up to me, I'd stay home all the time and not go out anywhere, and just hang out with them and do nothing else but play with and pet them LOL.

Tomorrow Mom and I will go and have our hair done before meeting up with my bro and his wife for dinner. The squirrels will be at my place for a change of pace.

I must be sleepy. I'm lacking in punch lines LOL.

All right. I might be late posting tomorrow so forgive me. I must have my hair done so that I can pull it back with pins and stretchy bands so that it's not in my face and making me more hot.

ETA : :* :D

Hi Michele and haters to follow. I'm happy your sister finally decided to ditch the creep, but feel so badly for her loneliness. I wish I had an answer for her. Does she work? Is she staying in the house? Maybe she should become a Cathite. Friends are just a click away. Our pizza picnic was nice. We went to a small park along the river, close to my MIL's nursing home, so she came too. We got to meet my friend's friend who is visiting from Thailand.

I'm hoping to do the Kickbox and Bicep segment of CTX when I get home today.

Have a hate-filled day all.

Hey Augie!!

I have a desktop computer and it doesn't have a backup battery that I'm aware of -- just one more reason to ditch the PC;). Thanks for the warning about waiting for the new OS. Chances are I won't be able to hold out until October anyway. My computer has been dying a slow death for about a year now and it's just barely hanging on by a cyber thread. I'm constantly having to reboot x(

My poor DS would love a puppy but she's not home much, and dogs don't do as well as cats when left alone. I think she should consider a kitty cat. She had a dog and he died last year :-( . I swear, you could write a CW song about my sister :-(.

The New Life Diet is just code for "clean eating" and it always begins on a Monday -- ROTFLMAO!!! You're welcome to join in, and yes, green beans and a little bit of cheddar cheese are allowed :p

The bullet walk counts. Note to self -- if August invites me to go for a walk, just say no:p :7

WAIT!!!!! I thought your bro was single. Weren't we trying to fix him up with Jen? Or were we trying to fix you up with Dana's bro. I'm so confused. Do you like your SIL? Do you have any nieces or nephews? I think being an aunt is probably a lot more fun than being a parent -- lol!

Glad the squirrels are doing well. Get some rest:*

Hey Robin!

Yes, my sister teaches 5th grade in an old building that isn't air conditioned. School started last week and she said the kids are complaining of headaches, and a couple of them were vomiting from the heat. It was 95 in her classroom last Friday.

I'm going to do PUMP today, I think.

ETA JEN - How are you? Is the sinus infection clearing up? I hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling better by now.

Hey ladies (that's a Beastie Boys song, in case you were wondering):p

Michele - are you enjoying Pump? I would also avoid purchasing a computer with a brand-new, as yet untested OS. I'm so sorry that your sis is having a hard time. 26 years is a big chunk of life to invest in something and then watch it go down the drain. Sophie's school turned 150 this year and is not air conditioned and they often have problems late in June when it starts to get hot. She's come home with a headache or thrown up several times.

Robin - your pizza picnic sounds awesome. I love pizza, I love picnics... I'd be sure to love both together!

August - what is bullet walking? It's nice that your squirrels get to visit with your mom's squirrels on a regular basis. How long is your hair? I think I'd like to shave mine off because it's ugly and won't do what I want it to. Then again, how would I cover up the mess that is my face if I didn't have hair to do it.

Hi to everyone else!

I'm going to clean up the dishes, sit on the couch, read my book and more than likely fall asleep.

Hey haters! Haven't had a chance to read anything yet... been running around since my workout this evening so just now getting to the computer and starving!!

Had to get here now though as I'm hoping Michelle is still around...

Michelle- If you are, have you talked to your DN yeterday or today? I was reading an article on foxnews.com that talked about the town he lives in (I think)and how they also got hit by a tornado?? If so, is he alright, how's the business, man I just can't imagine. I've been in the path of an F2 before & know the damage that alone can do let alone all the flooding before that... I feel so bad for all those people... so sad.

Okay, be back in bit! :)

Hi Shelley - Yes, I really like PUMP. It's a no fuss no muss kind of a workout and I LOVE that. I like short -- short is good:) -- but you can make it as long as you want simply by running through the circuits again.

What cha reading? I'm still reading Ursual, Under. I've been reading it for about 5 weeks now. I'll finish it one of these days -- lol! I just got the first 2 HP books and I'm looking forward to reading them, too.

Jen - Thanks for asking about my DN. Holy moley -- I don't know anything about a tornado!!! I talked to my brother yesterday and my DN spent a good 2 days cleaning up until the wee hours. My nephew had to go out of town for the weekend and my brother didn't get an update before he left, so I'm not sure what the total damages are or when he'll be able to reopen. My sister was in Findlay to get some work done on her car Saturday and she said it was all just very sad. I have some relatives on the far NW side of town and they weren't affected too much. One of them had a flooded basement.

How are you doing? Are your sinuses clearing up yet?

Okay, I'm going to start tomorrow's thread now because somebody is having a birthday:)

Hey Michele- Sorry about the worry, I just rechecked the article & I was incorrect, they were talking about OH in it also but just the flooding still. Fenton, ND must have been what made me confuse it for Findley... sorry, here is the link that I was reading.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294758,00.html

My sinus infection is getting better, thank goodness- still getting headaches in the evenings but other than that I feel much better, thanks!

I posted in your b-day post to August also, thank goodness for all the b-days lately in the OD- I can "borrower" b-day wishes from others! ;-)

Phew!!! For a minute there you had me worried -- lol! Thanks for the article.

I'm so glad to hear your infection is getting better. There's just nothing worse than a sinus infection and headache;(

Lol borrowing birthday wishes form the OD :7

Okay, I'm going to boost the birthday thread back up to the top, so please, everybody -- don't post in this thread anymore, k?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.