(((((GOT CHINUPS?)))))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Thought I'd start a new thread. Today is a rest day for me. I am just now getting over leg DOMS from Sunday :eek: My back has some nice DOMs from Tuesday's w/o. I am looking forward to nothing :p

Catherine - Enjoy your rest day!

Okay, Ladies, I am dead serious about getting this weight off! So at this point I have decided to remove all processed carbs from my diet for the next few days. I need some one to hold me accountable if I don't start posting some weight loss numbers on here.:mad:

Today was Shoulders. Starting have some pain in my right shoulder by the lateral raises, not happy about that. Hurt when I picked up my water glass, but seems to be feeling okay now.

4 DS HIS through first blast for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Of course, ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
BB Overhead Press:
27's's - 8 sets/13-8 reps
***Kept the weight the same because the reps really dropped off.

Front Raise - Plate:
17#- 8 sets/12-10
***Up 2#

Lateral Raise:
11's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
***Up 1#

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
11's - 3 sets/14-10 reps
10's - 5 sets/12-10 reps
***Could not maintain the 11's

BB Shrugs:
57# - 8 sets/16-14 reps
***Up 2#

Then I did Step Combos 1 & 2 from Cardio & Weights, plus the stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned 470 calories.

Morning Ladies-

I didn't see this thread yesterday:eek: I did a 60 minute iTread on the treadmill, got in 6.4 miles and burned 559 calories. I still can't keep up with the "runner speeds" that Grace uses but I'm working on it. My legs are talking to me today. I've got disc27 (shoulders, tris & bis)on tap this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

Judi, nice run. I don't know anything about running but that sounds like a pretty good pace to me!! Good luck with disc 27.

I just finished disc 10-chest, shoulders and biceps :eek::eek::eek: Oh my word. At one point my whole freaking body was shaking and I didn't think it was gonna stop :confused: I was able to do 70% on most everything. But when it came time for the drop sets of standing ohp I was badly defeated. Had to seriously lower the wt. It was like my shoulders had stopped working :eek: But then I eeked out 17.25 pounds on the double armed preacher curls to finish out the program and was proud of that :cool:

Linda, how much more tabata do you have??

I made it through Disc 27 but struggled with some of my shoulder and tricep exercises. I didn't want my shoulder to flare up again so I lowered the weights and kept plugging away.

My stats: Each grouping repeated 4 times, 8 reps per set

BB Front Press 32# (could have gone heavier)
BB Curls 42#
DB Lying Extensions 17.5# (this was really tough)

DB Seated Lateral Raise 15#, 14.5# and finally 13.25# :(
(Can someone explain why seated are harder than standing??)
DB Incline Curls on SB 17.25#
DB Seated OV Extension One Arm 14.5# dropping to 12# (W/O card was 15#...no way that was going to happen)

DB Seated Rear Delts I can't do these with my shoulder so I did band pull downs
DB Seated Concentration Curls 20# WooHoo this made me happy!
DB Cross body Kickbacks 15# dropping to 12# (W/O card was 16#:confused:)

Catherine- Nice job on Disc 10. I had to drop down on the shoulder stuff during Meso 1 as well. How is your foot doing?

Linda- What did you do today? Hope your shoulder is feeling better. I was having a hard time just pulling my shirt off over my head. I found that doorway stretch also helped my shoulder so I wonder if some of my issue is overly tight pecs?!

Okay, I will get to personals in a minute but first I want to talk about ME!

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 pounds.:D:eek::D Not only that, this takes me out of the "140's", I am now 138!:D And I don't care if it's just water weight, empty bowels, whatever...I'll take it! All that matters to me is I don't feel like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man as much today! I have been happy dancing all day!:p:p:p:p:p:p

Morning Ladies-
I didn't see this thread yesterday:eek: I did a 60 minute iTread on the treadmill, got in 6.4 miles and burned 559 calories. I still can't keep up with the "runner speeds" that Grace uses but I'm working on it. My legs are talking to me today. I've got disc27 (shoulders, tris & bis)on tap this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

Judi - I can't even come close to the running speeds on Itread. My running is her jogging!:p Sounds like you had a nice pace going. Nice work on disc 27. How's the shoulder? Mine is okay so far.

I just finished disc 10-chest, shoulders and biceps :eek::eek::eek: Oh my word. At one point my whole freaking body was shaking and I didn't think it was gonna stop :confused: I was able to do 70% on most everything. But when it came time for the drop sets of standing ohp I was badly defeated. Had to seriously lower the wt. It was like my shoulders had stopped working :eek: But then I eeked out 17.25 pounds on the double armed preacher curls to finish out the program and was proud of that :cool:

Linda, how much more tabata do you have??

Catherine
- Sounds like fun!:p:p Nice job. This is week three for the Tabata, might keep at it, but will change the exercises and see how long that last. Thinking I need a recovery week soon, but don't want to take it until some of the weight is off.

Back in a minute to post the workout.....

Today was Legs and I had a great workout. Heartrate was spiking all over the place. The runs in between sets were pathethic jogs, because that is all it took to keep my HR up.

Okay I have a question...when doing Leg Exts. & Hamstring Curls do you count the actual weight of the leg attachment piece of just the weight you load?

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup

Jogged during 2 minute rest between each exercise

LEGS
DB Squats:
30's - 8 sets/8 reps (up 3#)

Atlernate Rear Lunges:
30's - 8 sets/10 reps (up 5#)
***This got my HR up good too.

Leg Extension:
23.5# - 8 sets/11-8 reps(Up 1#)
***I hate these. Burn by the second set!

Hamstring Curls:
23.5# - 8 sets/8-6 (Up 1#)
**These were brutal after the lunges.

DB Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps (Down 2#)
***I wimped out here.

DB Reverse Curls:
5's - 4 sets/12-10 reps
3's - 4 sets/12-11 reps
***My massage therapist asked me to do this exercise to try and balance my forearms. 5 was too heavy and three too light.

Then did Combo 3 and stretch from Cardio & Weights. Workout was 1:12 minutes and burned 567 calories.

BTW, I love the Diet Journal I bought!

Judi, nice job on your workout!! I hear ya on standing versus sitting shoulder work :confused: You are pumping out some nice numbers there ;)

Linda, :eek::eek: WTG with the 2#s!! I can not imagine doing 8 sets of squats-holy cow!!

Reporting in after disc 12 legs. I don't think I've ever worked my legs so hard in all of my life :eek::confused: I was able to increase the wt on everything except the wall squats with dbs. I lowered those back to 12 pounders and it was doable. For some reason last week, I could not do these with wt at all. I admit though, I did take extra rests. I did my first set of squats with dbs 30 pounders with my platemates 2.5 pounds and 1 pound hand weight. So 33. 5 pounds per arm for all 16 reps. I realized it wasn't my legs that were giving out-it was my forearms. So for the next set I used my weighted vest and held a lighter wt for the same total of wt and it made a HUGE difference. The static lunges and calf raises aggravated my foot a bit :confused:. This will probably be my last leg w/o before my surgery. I will do disc 11 on Monday.

Hope you al have a great weekend!!

Last edited:
Just came in to say that my legs are screaming at me today :eek::eek: I felt the burn while doing the w/o and then later I though hmmm I am not sore?? Well, it hit me this morning. I may be crippled by the end of the day:confused:

No workout for me yesterday or today. I've felt lousy the last couple days, I think it is just bad allergies, plus TTOM was so kind to come a week early:mad:

Catherine- Nice job on the squats! My forearms fatigued really bad too so I finally bought the Versa Gripps and love them. I don't have a weight vest yet but may look into one eventually. I wish Cathe would come out with a heavier adjustable one. I find putting a really heavy barbell on my back can be problematic.

Linda- How's your weekend going?

Judi, sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Take it easy and rest. Your w/o's will be better when you are feeling up to it.

OK, holy moly!! I was just reading where someone posted in the disc 9 check-in. She said she is squatting over 100# (65 pd bb and 40 pd vest) in Meso 1 :eek::eek: I can not imagine going at that pace and sqautting 16 reps with that weight :confused:

Just came in to say that my legs are screaming at me today :eek::eek: I felt the burn while doing the w/o and then later I though hmmm I am not sore?? Well, it hit me this morning. I may be crippled by the end of the day:confused:

OUCH!:eek:

I wish I had a nickel for every time I thought the same thing after a workout only to find the next day I could hardly walk:confused:. DOMS are sneaky!

OK, holy moly!! I was just reading where someone posted in the disc 9 check-in. She said she is squatting over 100# (65 pd bb and 40 pd vest) in Meso 1 :eek::eek: I can not imagine going at that pace and sqautting 16 reps with that weight :confused:

Not sure I'd want to see the legs on her!:p

Judi
-Hope you are feeling better.

Crazy day yesterday. Swim lesson with kids, DS ended up taking a double lesson, take kids to bday party, then off to a wedding in the evening. Friday eats they were spot on and couldn't be happier. Thursday & Friday my calories were a little low, but kind of planned it because of the wedding last night so was saving up a bit. Although I have no idea how many calories I ate at the the wedding (because how do you tell what's in there on on there?) I am proud that I kept my eating clean all day then at the wedding I more tasted all the forbidden things rather than eat servings of them. Then of course I danced like a mad woman and hope I burned off at least half of it.:p

Yesterday Back.

4 DS HISthrough first blast for warmup

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

BACK
Standing DB Rows:
22's - 7 sets/13-9 reps
20's - 1 set/10 reps
***Up 1#, but wimped out on the last set and had to drop. It was more my forearms bugging me than anything.:(

Straight Arm PullDowns:
Green #15 & Blue #10 Tubing# - 8 sets/9-8 reps

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band: 8 sets/15-12 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers:
31# - 8 sets/7-6 reps
***up 1#

Then did Combo/Blast 1 & 2, and Combo 3 only from 4DS LIS snd the stretch. Workout was 1:10 and burned 500 calories.

Now I have to go write my workouts for the next few weeks, need to change up the exercises for the Tabata training.

Oh, Oh, Oh, I forgot, took kids to the playground in between swim & party and did 2 sets of 4 of Close Grip Pullups with hand in parallel position and one set of 2 wide grip pullups, again hands parallel..:D

This morning was Chest and had trouble getting my heart rate up today. :confused: So a little disappointed in the calorie burn. Also some discomfort in the right shoulder, so will be careful upping these weights any time soon.

Imax2 through 1st blast as warmup.

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
45# - 8 sets/13-9 reps (up 5#)

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
17's - 8 sets/10-7 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Agree w/ Debbie 15's were perfect by this point.

Gonna feel all this later. :p Then did Combos & Blast 2-5 of IMAX 2 and the stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned 448 calories.

Linda- Nice workout! I hear ya on the shoulder thing only it is the left one for me. My right has been surprisingly OK even though that is the one that I had surgery on.

Catherine- Whatcha up today? Are you getting psyched for your surgery this week?

Today was disc 28 chest & back and yoga based abs. My stats:
*4 sets of 7 alternating

BB Flat Bench Press 72#
BB Rows 87.5#

DB Chest Flys 30's
DB One Arm Rows 38.5

BB Incline Bench Press 64.5# (w/o card was 66 but went less to protect shoulder)
BB Deadlifts 85#

DB Incline Chest Flys 26.25 (w/o card was 28)
DB One Arm Horizontal Row 32.5

I felt pretty good during the w/o but later my left shoulder started throbbing. Took an epsom salt bath and will be icing all day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.