Got Chins?

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Sorry, the title's a little cheesey. Almost called it Chin Max.

Happy Sunday all!!! I did MM timesaver today with my chins. Did a total of 24 chins. The first 12 were sets of 3s and 2s the last were singles with a 5 count hold at the top and a 5 count lower down. OK I admit sometimes a little faster than 5 count, but I was trying LOL!! Still working to get back to being able to do sets of 4. I will get there someday. Oh yeah, have to fess up didn't do the ab work. Well, I did the supermans and the hip raises and quit.

Gotta go ladies. DH and I are going to opening day at Churchill Downs. "And there off" (horse races) Wish me luck, maybe I'll win some money today!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Catherine! Doooood! ^^^5 on the chins! Very awesome job :)

Today DH & I hit the gym. Did Cathe's advanced tread run (which is an uber hiney kicker) and then lifted heavy tris, chest, abs. Tomorrow I will finish the split before spin.

It is chilly here today with the wind! I think we will stay indoors. I have errands to run anyway this afternoon.

I will get to chinning sometime this week :)

Happy Sunday all!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Thanks Deb!! I still get frustrated cause I am not where I was before my back troubles :( Explain Cathe's advanced tread run- if I know Cathe I am sure it' a hiney kicker as you said!!

Well, it has been a beautiful day here. But we won no money at the track.

Looks quit in chinsta land today.

Catherine

Catherine....you are convicting me to get back to work with my chins. Isn't it amazing how QUICK they elude us. I did sets of 6 the other day. WHAT HAPPENED!! I'm lifting heavy again and my upper bod is SO tired that I just can't get my body up to the bar after 6.

I've emerged from the little padded room, only to realize that some of us are getting A SPECIAL GIFT FOR WAITING ALL THIS TIME. NOW....we must do a quintathalon (is that correct sp?). Come on guys!!! Would be such fun!!!! }( }( }( }( }( . (smiley guy ROTF throwing up from too many workouts)

Briee

Fortunately, I have only one chin.:p

I'm trying to check in after actually working out. I worked out. I'm check in. I did an elliptical w/o, GS tri/bi and MM core.

Catherine, did you let Briee loose? She's a danger to herself and others, you know? Quintathlon or whatever, geez.

Well, we hung spider webs everywhere (in addition to the real ones), drank hot chocolate and hot apple cider, had a long, brisk autumn walk and carved all the jack-o-lanterns, made Halloween cookies...may I stop now? Is Halloween over yet? OH NO!!!! There's still trick or treating! Then comes Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm going to hibernate with the Georgia black bears cause we have way too many traditions to uphold at my house and I'm exhausted and still have to keep up with workouts and home school and a little sleep and then there's eating and the forum...*sigh*...g'nite.

ETA: OMG, how could I forget! I actually did inverted rows on the smith machine yesterday. Don't remember how many, but I don't care, I did them. Did I tell that yesterday? Remember, I'm old and tired.

ROTFLOL ROTFLOL. I just love to chat with you guys at night...but it's 10:33pm and I still have to go down and do IMAX III and abs! I'm getting tireder by the second. (Hey I'm one of those loonies right?)

Melody....sounds like you have a blast at your house. The boys will always remember what a great mom you are!!! Makin memories!!!

Briee

I just reread and saw the HATE HARDCORD CHINS. Too funny...what would we do????

Briee (probably attract a crowd)

I agree with Briee, Melody, your Halloween festivities really made me feel nostalgic. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Any spiced pumpkin glazed donuts in that mix?

Briee, you just found out about the suprise?? You must get out more often girl!! Did ya do IMAX 3? I much prefer IMAX 2 to 3. Not sure why.

Melody, WTG with your workout and the inverted rows!!

August, are you trying to stir up trouble. "I Hate Chins" WE all love chins here, don't we ladies? Uh hum, don't we?

Soooooooooooosan, how was your retreat? Are ya back yet.

Waving good Monday morn to all

***T-1day till I get my new Cathes YIPEE!!!!***
Catherine

Are these chinups using like...a chinup bar thing?

Man, I remember the trauma from elementary school - the physical testing where you had to show how many situps and chinups you could do. I'm surprised they didn't make us to planks to really make us (me?) feel bad. :*

Hey Chinnies! Love the thread title, Catherine! Chin Max is good too. And WTG on your chins!!!

The retreat was a blast except my 11-yr-old DS woke up Friday night with a fever and a stomach bug, so he and DH had to leave first thing Saturday morning. It was a short-lived illness, but we didn't want to him to stay and spread it around.

I'm buried in laundry and have my "gig" this afternoon, so I won't get to any of the workouts until tomorrow or even Wednesday. Oh well, at least I have them (as opposed to the rest of you}( :p ). I've previewed most of Drill Max (Hell Max?) and a bit of Butts & Guts while folding laundry. (We have to take all our bedding and towels to the retreat so, on top of all the muddy clothes, there's blankets and everything else to wash.) Glad I have a drier.}( I'm about to go fold some more and preview Body Max 2. I might actually start with that one instead of Hell Max. I'll see how much time I have.

Melody, your Halloween festivities sound a bit like ours. I make "ghost potatoes" (mashed potatoes piped into ghost shapes with caraway seeds for eyes: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/13059) and a "graveyard dessert" every year the day before Halloween. I wanted to skip it this year and maybe just make some homemade pizzas with Jack-O-Lantern faces but got outvoted.

August, can you do chins?

Briee, did you do Imax 3 at 10:30? I think you're on your own for the quintathalon, unless, of course, you mean 5 yoga workouts in a row.:p

August, it's a loaded question, don't answer. If you can do chins Ms Soooooooooooosan will not be speaking to you LOL!!!

Soooooooooooosan, sounds like you are busy as usual!! What a shame to have those new w/o for almost a week and not be able to do them!!

Melody, I want to come to your house for Halloween!!

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.