Good Morning, Peeps

jloewe

Cathlete
Good morning from freezing and windy Southern New Jersey...nasty wind chills here today, will be a good day to get the house in order for DW's family to come visit Christmas Eve!

I believe Phyllis asked a while back about men and gift buying. Well, this man does his shopping primarily at QVC.com..I don't do the mall thing (except of course the occasional Tri-Stater luncheon). Unlike most of you, I only have DW to buy for, so I have it pretty easy! I just need to remember that when DW gives me her list...I'm not supposed to pick and choose items from the list, I'm supposed to buy THE LIST...(learn from my mistakes)...;)

Workout wise, I think an indoor WOG (thanks, Dani..!) is in order for today.

Have to mention that depsite ther recent negative postings on the boards, these are the same boards that introduced me to Ellie, Gayle, Phyllis...and my fellow peeps whom I hope to meet at some point as well...to say nothing of the incredible time at the Cathe RT, and getting to know Cathe herself has been terrific!

A special shout out to Jill for coming back to Cathe...I've known Jill for several years, we shared a bond at the TaeBo camp in 2006 that will never be broken, I know first hand that she'll be a welcomed additon here!

Proud to be a peep!!

BBL!

Awww, shucks, Jerry :eek: Not only going through camp, but all the support leading up to it, right?

This morning I did High Step Circuit and had a great time. It felt good to get in a decent workout...perhaps the fact that I slept better last night helped!

Oh, and for those of you that did not read the last few posts on yesterday's thread, go back...I posted my picture there. Oh, heck, I'll just post it here to make it easier.

Attachments

• Jill's Hair Front.jpg
    Jill's Hair Front.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • Jill's Hair Side.jpg
    Jill's Hair Side.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
Yep jer, we are gonna be Peepsicles today!!! It's 0 at the airport with the wind chill. Yikes. I have to go to see DS in his preschool Christmas play. He's a Wise guy (oops Wise man) and DH made his costume this weekend.
I'm looking forward to seeing you and DW this upcoming week.

Jill- love the hair. I got mine cut a few months ago, but not as short as I wanted. My DH likes long hair. BUT, after the holidays I'm going short!!!

I got on the scale this am and decided I need the wagon to make a stop here BEFORE Jan 1st. It's amazing what an itty bitty little cheeseburger and a COUPLE of cookies can do to your body!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I hope Karin has a safe trip, Heather feels better, Wendy can enjoy her workouts with her system working, Dani gets all her goodie bags done, JJ can get little boots for doggie and all other Peeps have a great day.

I have to get going but I want to hear all about Alaska, Sweden, Washington and other great places people have lived or travelled. Mine is Ireland where I visited a few times and it was awesome.

bbl
ellie

Last edited:
Guten Morgen, Peeps!

I must chime in on what Ellie said yesterday and Jerry said this morning. I, too, feel very blessed to have met the most AMAZING people here on this check-in! When I first came to the Cathe boards in July, I started posting, but never felt like I was part of the group or really fit in. I kind of felt like I was crashing someone's party, you know?

But then the Peeps thread was started and CLICK! It was like finding some of the coolest, warmest, encouraging, and funniest people I have ever met. I do consider all of you my friends and hopefully we'll all meet someday!!!!!!!!! But until then, I come here several times a day to hang out with my friends and stay on track with my fitness...swaping new recipes...receiving encouragement for raising Houdini...and discusssing pro football...and Top Chef...and shopping...You get the idea! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I've gone on long enough about how awesome we all are, LOL!

It is 25 degrees in Dallas this morning--cold for us but NOTHING like what is hitting some of you guys! For all of you buried in snow, stay warm, stay healthy, and be careful!!

I did SuperSets this morning (THANK YOU DANI!!) and I swear, those lunges/power lunges at the end turn my legs to JELL-O! So hard!! But I felt really energized by the time I finished...

Side note from yesterday's shopping trip: We took Houdini out to Pier One and I totally didn't know they didn't have shopping carts. Well, I didn't bring the stroller in because I planned to put Houdini in the cart. So I had to let her lose in Pier One (GASP!) and she did good until she ran down the wineglass aisle...and I told her "Don't touch! Don't touch!" and she didn't but her big pink parka caught a glass and CRASH! We broke a wineglass. :( Luckily they were nice and swept it up with a smile and didn't charge us for it...

Karin--I assume you are now in Houston. :) HAPPY TRAVELS TODAY!!!

Heather--Whooo hoooo! Love the salads you are eating! :) Keep us posted on what you find out at the doctor today--I'm thinking of you!

Jill--THAT HAIRCUT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! You wear short hair very, very well!

Ellie--Ireland? That's on my short list!! Of course, the most exotic place I've been is Seattle so maybe I should re-work that list to places I might actually get to...LOL!

:) Wendy

Hey Peeps:

Checking in a little late:eek: I did AOS Providence this morning as the begining of my kettlebell rotation. I am psyched! They are so much fun and a whole new way of working out.

Wendy~ What a sweet post. I think we need a group hug! I appreciate everyone here too and really enjoy hearing about the exploits of Houdini. Brings back memories of when my kids were little. High fives on hooking up the dvd player....we knew you could do it;)

Jerry~ I'm glad you learned the rules about buying gifts for DW off her list. I had to train my DH to do the same thing! I also put things on hold in stores and send him off to get them for me. Takes the pressure off him and I get what I want;) Stay warm!!

Ellie~ Have fun at the play with your little wise guy...ahem....I mean Wise Man;) You'll have to tell us about Ireland someday. My travels are very boring as I haven't left the US but we just got our passports and are discussing a trip to Germany next year.

Jill~ Cute haircut!! I was a Tae Bo-er before I found Cathe. It led me to start TaeKwonDo classes and was preparing to test for my black belt in 2006 when I tore my rotator cuff during a sparring match. I still hope to go back and complete it someday. My DH, DS & DD are all blackbelts.

Well, I took the dog booties back to the store and they didn't have any left in the size I need. I'm not sure they stay on in the deep snow anyway and if he lost one in the backyard, I wouldn't find it until spring:confused:

Waves HI to Dani, Heather, Karin (happy travels) and anyone I missed.

JJ

Ellie...I'm quite the world traveler myself, as is DW...We once hit Mexico, Canada, UK, France, Morocco, Germany, China, Norway, Japan, & Italy within a 2 week span...oh, Epcot's World Showcase at Disney World doesn't count?? Never mind.

Wendy..let's not discuss events of the past weekend, shall we...I've worked really hard on lowering my blood pressure...:D

JJ...cool to hear that you are involved with the martial arts, and that your family is as well...I don't think your hubby will forget those holiday rules anytime soon!!

Just finished a 2 mile WOG, followed by 4DS Kickbox...I'm beat...had to modify due to holiday decorations, but was still drenched when finished.

Have a great night!

Have to mention that depsite ther recent negative postings on the boards, these are the same boards that introduced me to Ellie, Gayle, Phyllis...and my fellow peeps whom I hope to meet at some point as well...to say nothing of the incredible time at the Cathe RT, and getting to know Cathe herself has been terrific!

Jerry, you're the manliest PEEP in the neighborhood, but dear friend, explain the above quote. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.....was I being 'negative' and not knowing it??? LOL

Guest Peep checking in here. I'm a peep-sicle today as well, here in -8 wind chill Pennsylvania! The kids wanted to go outside to play after school and I thought they were INSANE....but 2 hours later they were frosted, and ready for some hot cocoa!

DOMS are setting in from this AM's workout.....GS Chest & Tris Super Set premix, done TWICE thru, then 4DS KB abs. Yeah, Debbie (Fitness Freak) is NUTS! LOL But I LOVE IT!

Gayle

Gayle- my boys played outside too. I was afraid they would be too cold, but they were running around and having a great time, It was only about 40 min but they are already asleep at 7pm !!!

Heather- did you see the doctor yet?? Let us know. Hope you are feeling better.

Wendy- Ireland is wonderful. I may have to do a part 1,2,3 and 4 series on it.

Dani- where are you hiding???

Vilma- I luv ya girl but how the heck do you drink water when it's sooooo cold outside???? I tried today, I really did, but my hand kept picking up the coffee instead!!

JJ- pretty soon you are going to talk me into KB's!!!!

I hope Karin arrived safely and all other Peeps are well
ellie

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that I arrived safely. I am super-tired and hope to check in more extensively tomorrow.

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that I arrived safely. I am super-tired and hope to check in more extensively tomorrow.

Gayle...no, not negative at all....I spelled the word "the" wrong...meant to say recent negative posts, not "their" recent posts...got it now?? Good, could you explain it to me then??

Jill...WOG is a combo of a walk and jog (thanks, Dani for inventing that)

Karin....glad to hear of your safe arrival!!

Hiya Peeps!

It has been a busy day, which I wasn't expecting due to the holiday's! I am trying to wrap up a job and it has come down to some key items that we are having a hard time with, so the stess is mounting on how to solve the problems! making some progress today, so that's a good thing!

(((((OK, GROUP HUG!))))) I totally agree that we all make a great Peep group and am blessed with all the friendships I have made here! I felt a bit like Wendy too... a little awkward because everyone seemed to have their own little groups and felt like I was barging in, but this core group of Peeps has been just the ticket to helping me through a lot! ok, enough gushing!

It's cold here, but most of the snow is gone and just a little dusting in the mountains! Went to get my present yesterday and the stupid furniture store was closed... What's up with that! a weekend BEFORE Christmas and they close the stupid store? Sheesh... oh well... will get it after!

Jerry: I will have to work on my DH gift training... he is walking around the house right now saying, "I know what it is..." (in a sing-songy voice) like he was 5 years old! LOL... but what I asked for would only come in an envelope, and now he is trying to get me to bite on asking him for some hints, and a big box in the music room... so not sure what he's up too... He's always giving me crap about me being hard to buy for... so will have to try the list! Good for you on the WOG and a kickbox premix!

Jill: I completely agree with everyone! Your haircut is adorable! I'm another blond shorty cut too, but have been letting mine grow... I'm just getting to the point where I usually cut it all off and start over, but have found an interum cut that works pretty good... might even keep it for awhile! I think my next cut is on saturday, so will see how that one goes! and I LOVE HS Circuit! It's a great workout and I really enjoy the High Step in general!

Karin: Are you there yet?

Ellie: I'm SO Sorry you are a Peepcicle today!!! stay warm! Hope your DH's play today was a blast and you will have some pic's of DH's handywork on the costume! That's cool that he did that! I hear ya about the scale! Mine screams "get the heck off of me you big cow!" when I get on lately! :eek: and it's no wonder, I've put your cheeseburger and a few cookies to shame the past few days! UGH! I have no wagon anymore! It has done circled and the wheels fell off and the hitch is stuck in the mud! I'd be happy to share about Alaska and Washington state, and I would LOVE even more to hear about Ireland! DH and I have talked about going there! I just love the accent and maybe it's just fascade, but it looks so quaint and inviting... I watched the movie "PS. I love you" with Hilary Swank the other day and it brought up the urge again! What beautiful country and looks like LOTS of fun places to drink! :D

Wendy: I'm just glad I could help a fellow Peep! if I'm not working out, at least someone can be! LOL! OH MY! Pier One without a shopping cart! I'd have turned tail and run! FAST! glad it was not more catastrophic than a wine glass... they are pretty cheap there, so it wasn't a big deal to them I'm sure! :)

JJ: I, too, was a TaeBo-er before I found Cathe, but have to admit that I have a hard time going back! I have tried a few TB workouts when a rotation called for a KBox workout and it's just not the same! I don't think that Billy's cueing is as good and the music and moves are just WAY too fast for me any more... I don't keep good form, but I still work up a sweat though! Sorry your doggie booties didn't work out today, but keep trying! maybe you can order them online somewhere, now that you know what size you need... I'm sure Amazon or something has them. Maybe only have Cooper wear them when you actually go for walks... just going out to potty I'm sure he will generally "make it a quickie" so not like he would be outside for 30 minutes at a time like with a walk... but you never know... hope you figure it out for what will work for you :)

Jerry (part 2) I was really thinking "WOW, that's an incredible trip, but they must have been exhausted!" Then I finished reading the sentence and busted out laughing! thanks!

Gayle: Hope you are keeping warm in PA as well! I wore my jacket all day today at the office... Good job on your workout too! that GS series is a real killer! I have the 3 basics for UB and LB and really like it!

Heather: Hope you had a great Dr. visit today and were able to get some answers to explain what you have been experiencing... did they do blood work and stuff? I have to go wednesday to get the results from my blood work and MRI on my knees... I am hoping it will be something that they can pinpoint and fix, rather than just saying "you are just wearing out and are getting arthritis" :( let us know what you found out! Hope you are still feeling better!

Vilma: hope you are doing good and DD is making progress and improving health!

sorry, I couldn't resist!

have a great night!

Jill...WOG is a combo of a walk and jog (thanks, Dani for inventing that)

Well, I didn't exactly invent the word, but it's basically all I could do when I tried to do intervals on my treadmill, so the word sorta stuck with me! ;)

Karin: Are you there yet? ~ CRAP! I missed you! I'm SO glad you made it and hope you have a wonderful rest tonite!

OMG Dani...your posts are just hilarious! Thank you for making me laugh. I needed it:D

Karin~ Glad you made it safely.

JJ

Last edited:
Hiya Peeps!
I have no wagon anymore! It has done circled and the wheels fell off and the hitch is stuck in the mud!

Dani--OK, your whole post was hilarious, but this quote was the best!!!! I feel that way, too, since I spent the day grazing...like noshing on gourmet chocolate chip cookies DIPPED in dark chocolate...in addition to my sea-salt infused World Market dark chocolate...MAKE THE HOLIDAY GOODIES GET OFF MY WAGON!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE WEIGHING IT DOWN, PARTICULARLY IN THE REAR!!!!!!!!!

Karin--Yea, happy landings! :) I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at check in if you have time...

Gayle--Hola Guest Peep! If you keep guesting, we'll have to make you a regular, you know! :)

JJ--Whooo hooo, look at you go with those kettlebells! Nice work today!

Jerry--YES we shall not discuss last football weekend. Now it's for all the marbles in Philly at 4PM your time this Sunday...Should be quite a game!!

:) Wendy

You guys and the wagon......yeah, mine is weighted down with freshly-baked kiffles, snickerdoodles, cherry pie and chocolate chippers. Holy cow, Bat Man! I'm trying to restrain till Thursday (like the 40+ items I had yesterday don't count, right)!

Jerry-got it now. Didn't mean to split hairs, but I'm not a negative person and didn't want to THINK I was without knowing it. CONFUSED YET???

Good nights, Peeps. I'm closing out the night with a hot cup of green tea and some surfing!

Gayle

p.s. ALL MY WRAPPING IS 100% DONE!!! YEAH!

Jerry - I like that...and it makes sense. Do you have a treadmill or was it Leslie? I miss hiking so much, I only got to get out less than a handful of times this past summer, between gas prices being so expensive (I couldn't afford to drive up to the mountains!) and my stress causing panic attacks and making me sick. Thank goodness I'm past that! Now, as long as I am not short on sleep too much I'll be okay.

Karin - I'm glad you made it there safely!! Not only with the plane accident the other day but also with the bad weather all over the place, it's not the best time to fly! And I have worn my hair short for years, but only in the past year and a half did I discover that this cut really works on me. And I don't always have it with the blonde...July 2007 was the first time I got it cut like this but I had the back/bottom of my hair a deep (read: unnatural yet beautiful) red with the top blonde, but it doesn't fade as nicely so I stick with a shade darker than normal.

Dani - I do like the high step, too. And my legs respond quite nicely to it! I'm trying to decide what to do in the morning...if I leave it until then, I'll run out of workout time trying to decide which workout to do!

Gayle - We got our wrapping done yesterday since DD is with her grandparents until Wednesday (they went skiing today!). She wanted a lot of build-a-bear clothes for her animals so I put the outfits in a box with a weight plate in the bottom to totally throw her off track of what it is LOL. And DH rolled his eyes at me when he saw that her new build-a-bear is from the dogs. But you know, when I was a kid, we always had a present under the tree from the dog! It's fun :p

To everyone else, have a great night!! It's almost past my bedtime!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.