Good Morning Cheetahville Saturday!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetah babes!

I only have a couple of minutes before I have to get out the door this morning for the show but I wanted to let you all in on a little secret. The CT people want to sign the year lease on my pony on Tuesday….WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, it’s not set in stone until that day but she was *perfect* the moment she stepped off the trailer. We left her there (which we ordinarily wouldn’t have done) and the kid had a lesson on her Thursday night and they fell in love with her.

I can’t put into words what a relief this is for me…I actually cried when I heard the news. I never wanted to consider a lease because I needed her SOLD and you never know what kind of condition they’re going to come back in when the year is up. However, this is a *very* reputable barn and I know the care and training is first rate, plus they offered a lease price that ended up being more than half what I would have taken for a purchase price. I just couldn’t turn that down. They’re so happy the trainer wants us to bring another load of ponies and horses on Tuesday for some of her other clients to try. This could end up being a really good thing…fingers are crossed!

I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words regarding my little tirade on Thursday morning. You gals are the only ones that I can say anything to. I tend to keep everything inside in the real world because no one else understands the fitness *thing*. They think that it’s terrible how I “starve” myself and “kill” myself working out….*rolls eyes*. I can’t talk about any of my ups or downs because I just get that “look” from them. So, a great big “Thank You” to all of you ladies!!!! You really are the bestest as, I think it was Lorie, said! You have no idea how important having you guys here is to me.

My *tentative* plan for the next couple of days is to run on Sunday, 4DSKB/BC cardio and Legs Monday, and probably start BBC on Tues, then a run with my SO on Wed. It’ll be the first time we’ve been able to match schedules to run together. I’m going to try to catch up on personals but I’m a little tight on time. If not, I’ll see you guys tonight after the show.

Thanks again!

Sunny – WTG on your run yesterday! I’m in the same boat as you regarding the cold weather…I’m finding it hard to motivate myself to go outside and run. Perhaps some good cold weather gear will change my mind, too.

Lorie – Oh, dear! I’m sending you all the {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} in the world. Has someone got a voodoo doll of you or something?!?! On the plus side that is the third *strike* so to speak. You should have nothing but good luck for awhile…goodness knows you are definitely overdue!

Lori – Wow, great run yesterday! You guys have really got me itching to get back out there…I so miss that wonderful feeling of completing a really good run!

Judy – Awesome run girl! Now that’s what I call multi-tasking! That’s some hectic day you had yesterday. I hope you had a great time with your guests last night.

Kristi – You make me feel like a slacker…I’ve only got one item of Christmas shopping out of the way. So glad to hear your DH is home safe and sound!

Carole – You and hubby (even with your “difficulties”) do beoooootiful work! Sounded like a great workout yesterday.

Christine – So, how ‘d you like your new Rykas yesterday? Have fun with the party today! BTW, I’d call that an exciting evening yesterday. Glad DH is finally home!

Shelly – Our very busy bee!!! I know what you mean about letting others get the better end of the deal. Next time put yourself first for a change, eh?! Try to get some time in there for you, dear! And thanks for the kick in the arse the other day…I needed that!

Wendy – I know I missed you but I’m wishing you a wonderful getaway this weekend!

Okay, gotta run. Love ya babes!

Hello lovely cheetahs,

wendi- thanks for getting us started. that is wonderful news re: the lease!! i know it will be a big relief for you. enjoy your workout today.

lorie- oh no...lol. when i wrote that i meant, 6 is his age. i have 2 sons. the oldest is 6 (will be 7 next month) and my baby is 2!

judy- i can understand dh's concern. my dh also shares the same concern. it's nice to know they care..;o)

today's workout for me will be a istrength FB workout.

then we are off to watch ds#1 play in his first bball game!!!

have a great saturday ladies....

Good morning!

Wendi - Big Congrats on leasing your pony! Your workout plan sounds great! Enjoy!

Sunny - Good job on your run! It is amazing how cold it seems to have gotten, all of a sudden! And even when it is 50 in the afternoon, it has been still feeling "cold"! I understand exactly how you feel about "losing the enjoyment" out of your running when training for your half! Several times I wanted to just stop "training" and adding mileage and just go back to my shorter runs for fun. I would cut back for a week or so...and then I would get the urge to go on. I think that helped me. Plus...as the others have said, when race day comes...it is sooo exciting and fun! I know it is tough to keep pushing ahead, especially with your little ones and clients, though! But you can do it! ((hugs)).

Yesterday I ran 6 miles and did SloMo CB&T. Today I think I may just do abs and nothing else. We are still under the weather!

BBL! Hi to everyone!

Linda

Good Morning Lovlies:)

Can you beleive that it is 9:00 and I am awake before DS? This is the latest he as ever slept in! What a lazy boy!

Im planning a run for today outside. I would like to do 10 miles but we will see what happens. The weather is a little chilly and there is a tiny bit of snow on the road but if I wait long enough it should be gone.

Wendi** Thats awesome news about your pony. I guess you are releived? I also know what you mean about the "cathe" world and the outside world. I don't even bother explaining it to people anymore. Have a good day!

Sunny** sounds like you have a good day planned.

Linda** We posted at the same time! Probably b/cit takes me forever to check in.I start checking in and get up a million stops! Good job on the workout yesterday.

I have to do some housework today and prepare for supper tonight.Ill chack back later!

LORI:)

to top off the craptacular week, i left my laptop cord at work. so my battery is dead and i can't recharge it. i am using df's computer right now but he has work to do and will probably be on it.

did butts and guts yesterday and am a little sore in the posterior area but not too bad. no workout for today. just football, football, football.

i will be thinking of my cheetahs and missing you all!!!

Good morning lovely cheetahs! Hope everyone is starting off their weekend well. I got some unexpected relief last night. Our patient census dropped (very unusual for a Friday nite) and I was able to stay home on call:) Our staffing has been so bad that I haven't been able to do this for quite a while. Nice timing since DH and I are having a dinner party tonight and I've got tons to do.
I tried out my new workouts yesterday. Amy's ACSII was very very challenging to say the least..... so naturally I love it}( Warning about it... do not get this one if you are at all choreographically challenged. Very complex moves in this one. Kelly Coffee Meyer's Cardio Sculpting workout was fun. Definitely a sculpting workout and not one for a heavy weight day. The moves are easy to learn and as always I enjoy her style. Today I will be doing the upper body work from 4DS, no cardio today since tomorrow I'll be doing my last 20 mile run :7 :7 :7 before my marathon.

Lori- Very impressive running from you lately:eek: :) 8.5 yesterday and maybe 10 today!!! Are you training for a half marathon? Have fun with your dinner party tonight. The one we are having we do every year. DH is an ex-marine and today is the Marine Corps birthday, so we have a steak and beer BBQ and everyone becomes a "marine" for the night. We give tattoos to everyone and generally have a blast.

Judy- Awesome job on your 10 miler!!!!! That's very encouraging that your hip didn't trouble you :7 :7 :7 So, you've made it into the killer spin class?}( Sounds like fun!!

Wendi- Great news about your pony getting leased!!!! It feels so good when a big mental stress has been lifted:7 :7 Now if you can only get that mare sold! I didn't know that your SO runs also.... how nice!!! I sure wish mine did..... sigh.

SunnyD- Awesome job on your latest run! It is getting to be challenging getting yourself out the door on these cold mornings, but it feels so GOOD afterwards! I think you'd enjoy Kelly's latest workout. Have fun at your DS's game. They look so darn cute playing at that age!!

Linda- I guess you're recovered from that latest bug! Nice job with your run yesterday!

Lorie- My thoughts are with you sweetie! I'm anxious to hear how you are doing!!! I agree with Wendi in that you are definitely due for some good news! It's bound to come your way.... I can feel it!!!

That's it for now! Hi to Carole, Christine (I'm impressed with your grocery trip!!!!) Kristi, Wendy (having fun in Baltimore) and anyone else I missed.

ShellyC

Hi Lorie!!! Posting the same time. Sending you positive vibes!!!!!
Watching football is very therapeutic for you IMHO:p
Take care!!
I love that word craptacular!

ShellyC

Lori - Enjoy your run! It is so hard to believe it is time for snow! Enjoy some quiet time, before DS wakes up!;-)

Lorie - Enjoy the football!! You poor thing! Hopefully, next week will be better! :7

Shelly - Glad you got to stay home "on call" last night! Good luck and have fun with your dinner party! I have previewed Amy's ASCII and both of Kelly's new ones. I am really anxious to try them! I am a tad worried about Amy's step one....but it looks like it will be really fun (once I learn the choreography!). Kelly's looks great and I love how energetic she comes across! I agree with you on her weight workout. This new one has a lot of different upper body moves that I am anxious to try. It would be good to put into a week with a heavier split!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...way cool about the pony!! I bet it is quite a relief and knowing you left her in a good place is nice. I'll keep my fingers crossed too. How nice you will be able to run with your SO. Thank you about the beautiful work my DH and I do. We still have a lot more to do here. I am very pleased about the floor...

Sunny...that makes complete sense about running for fun and not torture. Except for one tough marathon I really never looked at marathons or even the training as torture...I loved it! But not every runner feels that way, you do what is fun and makes you feel good. Did you check out some new shoes? Ennjoy your workout and let us know how DS does in his first BBall game!

Linda...good job with 6 miles and Slo-mo yesterday.

Lori...it is a nice feeling fixing up an older home. Ours has needed some fixing up for a long time! Good job on the 8.5 mile run yesterday. That could be nice that DS is sleeping in..:)...hope you can get out for your run today.

Lorie...B&G does seem to create that posterior DOMS. Enjoy football today...

Shelly...good job on finding the Montrails at a great price! What site was it? Let me know how you like the Hardrocks. I hear ya on Amy's ASC2...even in the warm up I was going WTH?? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/blab.gif[/img] We have gotten spoiled with Cathe as she breaks down all the moves. With this one I will be doing alot of rewinding I think. What is on the menu for the dinner party? Have fun with the 4DS upper body workout. One more 20 miler...:)

Christine...yes it sure does look like a busy weekend for you....:) ..Don't ya just love new shoes!! That was quite a sale at the new Safeway. Your DH's trip back sounds like my trip out to NJ with all the frigging delays! Did he make it home?

Judy..wow..you had a run like I did last sunday, going farther than originally thought!! Way to go on 10 miles!! The instructor sounds very fit. Now that spin instructor sounds tough.

I am planning on PUB Chest & Back, abs, floor legs from something and 30 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning all!

I’m up with the sun and really did not want to be. I was hoping to be able to sleep in so I could stay up past 9 tonight! I may drink lots of coffee before I go. We will stay past midnight, that’s a given – and expected (dinner is usually served around 10/11). I know I’ll be eating way too much tonight! Not sure what I’m going to do today. Maybe a hike. We’ll see. I wouldn’t mind staying home and doing a workout with my Rykas. I guess I never really had an aerobics shoe before. The straddle taps did not bother my knee at all! I was so excited! And they are comfy! If I stay at home, I think I’ll do a KB Mish Mosh – start with KCM Step Box workout, then do KPC’s high intensity drills and combos, and follow up with the Budokon Flow and Flexibility. Long one, but fun.

Wendi – I’m so glad to hear about your pony! Sounds like truly a great thing for you! I could imagine it would be tough on you when one of your ponies is not treated well. Hope they live up to their reputation. I know what you mean about “the look”. I even have friends who work out a bit, but not like I do.

Sunny – Oh have fun watching DS#1 play his first football game. Don’t forget the camera!!! I love watching the kids play.

Linda – Under the weather and ran 6 miles and did weights? Wow! Enjoy your lighter day today.

Lori – Snow? Wow, it is that time of year, isn’t it? Glad you got to sleep in! Enjoy your run!

Lorie – enjoy football! Sorry about the cord. I do that so frequently that I made the company give me an extra cord so I could leave it at home. Go Gators!! Sending you good vibes too! You need them! Hope this next week is sooo much better!

Shelly – Oh good for you that you got to stay home with DH! Glad you were able to get things done. The last 20 miler, eh? Very exciting!! You make me want to spend some of the “saved” money on workouts!! I like Kathy Coffee Meyer. I was thinking of her Step Boxing 2 workout.

Carole - Yes DH finally strolled in around 9:30 last night. I was asleep in the big comfy chair. :+ Oh yeah, I love new shoes. I spend the entire first workout, thinking about the fit, the feel, etc. So, I’m not really concentrating on the workout. :p

Well, I’d better feed the dogs before they bite me. :p Enjoy your day ladies. I still have to pick up a gift for the “exchange” – we do a gift game every year. Not sure what I’ll get, but I’ll know it when I see it.

Good morning ladies,
I am going to lose my mind this morning. My children(aka the bikcersons) are driving me crazy. For some reason they have been fighting and bickering since they got up. I am not one to yell at my kids, but this morning I may have to give them a piece of my mind. I think after a long workout I will be able to deal with them better(LOL)!

I am going to do the elliptical this morning and then all of gs legs. It should be a good sweaty workout;-)

I woke up with a strong desire to throw clutter out. Do you ladies every get in that mood, where your house drives you nuts and you just want to throw stuff out? It drives my hubby nuts when I get like that}(

Several of you have asked about Mary and how she is doine. Well, I am actually quite worried about her. She is doing pretty well as far as her radiation, but still is fighting this staph infection. They have been maintaing it, but it is still there. The thing I am most worried about is I think she is in a state of depression lately. SHe is sleeping a LOT and she is detaching a bit from her friends. I thought this would happen early on, but she stayed pretty upbeat until now. Anyway, thanks for asking about her.

Wendi, I agree about how wonderful these ladies are. I get a lot of eye rolling as well from my non fitness friends about my constant obsession with food and exercise. It is so comforting to be able to come here and vent and know that most are struggling with the same issues. Congrats on your pony!

Sunnydelite, enjoy the baseball game. How exciting!

Linda, do you have a sick household. My little Mariah had a tummy thing for a few days, but noone else got it. Take a rest day and enjoy it!

Lori, 10 miles! what a great way to start the day. Hope you get it in.

Lori, I love Butts and guts and did the floor work from it yesterday. It does not make me sore though. I usually get sore from the heavier leg workouts. Enjoy the football watching:)

Shelly, great to have an unexpected day at home. Sounds like you are more than ready for your marthon. What is your goal time for this one? As far as running for me, I have just been enjoying it and not being too competitive. I have been doing a little more weight work lately and less cardio. I am getting some nice upper body definition that I have not had before. Enjoy your day:)

CArole, You are right about the running and how it is torture training for some and fun for others. I really think that some bodies are more bio mechanically ready for running than others. Whenever I try to up the mileage past 8, I usually get a lot of aches and pains. I have just been enjoying workint out lately instead of making it such a big part of my life that I would dread it sometimes. I think it is called (ahem) balance(LOL)! I find that when I find that balance working out that everything falls into place in other areas of my life. Does that make sense? I am rambling, sorry. Have a great workout and a great Saturday!

Christine, what is this Budokon flow yoga workout? It is good and do I need to add it to my collection. You know that your favorite yoga instructor is going to be in San Ramon in February. He is sometime called Mr Yummypants;-) Come on it would be fun. This will be my 3rd time stalking him(LOL)!

Wow, the bickersons have stopped bickering all of a sudden. I am off to chug green tea and fix breakfast. Have a great day friends!

Susan

Susan - I hope Mary gets out of her depression soon! That may help her fight off the infection a little more and help fight the cancer. But goodness knows...I would probaby be depressed, also. That is such sad thing. I hope and pray she gets better. I am glad the "Bickersons" settled down! :) Yesterday, I was wanting to just start throwing things away! I haven't even got out my fall and winter clothes yet! I just want to get rid of a bunch of stuff! Enjoy B&G's and the elliptical! I am not really "sick", just Stuffy, but still functionable ;)

Christine - Yeah...it was probably stupid of me to workout, but...I am just stuffy and sniffly. DH is "sick". Which Ryka's did you get? I have the N-gage Instructors and I love them. Sounds like a good workout planned! I have never done Budokon, but have heard a lot about it. Enjoy! Have fun tonight!

Carole - Your planned workout sounds great! I agree, your floors look wonderful! I tried Amy's step a little while ago and I felt the same way as you during the warmup!

After my last post, I went to give Amy's ASCII a whirl. I was lost in the warmup...but then as the workout went on, I got a little more used to her cueing and did better. I was still tripped up in parts! (a lot of parts! :+ ). I do think I will like it a lot after a few times! I agree with Carole, I am used to Cathe's cueing, breakdowns and moves. It takes me a while to catch on to other's styles and terms! :-( I can't wait to learn it!

Well, my 10 miles turned into 7.5 miles. I got off of the TM (to cold outside) with intentions of doing B&G (thanks Lorie:) ) but when I got off, DS was home and ready to be fed. Oh well...thats that! A 10 mile run is never planned with me...it just happens and when you are already out its so much easier to do it b/c you have to get home. When your on the TM though you can just get off whenever you want and I don't like that!

Lorie** The week is comming to an end! Tomorrow will be better!

Shelly** What a releif! You got paid to stay home:) Im not training for anything. Just want to do what I can, when I have the time and not working. I like to do atleast one long run a week and its always on a day when I know I am going to eat to much. :)

Christine** Yes, it is that time of yr! Snow time! Im not a lover of the winter time but you take the good with the bad, right?

Linda**I hate learning new workouts. Thats one of the reasons I stick to Cathes workouts, they are never hard to catch on. I think I gave away most of my other workouts.

Carole** Enjoy your workout, sounds like a good one:eek:

Susan** Don't even get me started on kids! My DD had a friend sleep over last night and even though they were good, she is getting on my nerves today. They didn't get up till 12, now they are just sitting around in their p.j's in front of the computer. God forbid they should go outside and do something!

O.k...have to run to the grocery store and get the things we need for supper. We are having steaks, salad, garlic bread and some kind of potatoe, maybe hashbrown cassarole, or twice bakes potatoe!

Lori:)

Susan – Sounds like a nice long workout is just what the doc ordered! And yes, I do know the anti-clutter mood. The one where you wake up and the house suddenly looks a mess and nothing but a mini-makeover will do. Mary remains in my prayers. The poor thing, I cannot even imagine what she’s going through right now! I like the Budokon Flow and Flexibility workout. It’s a kickbox yoga fusion done right, but it’s very different from anything I’ve ever done. You can look at the previews – www.Budokon.com. There are three, but this one looked the most doable. It’s not that tough actually. But I like the way it literally flows. The original one was horrible – but these are what I thought the originals would be.

Linda - I noticed that on Kathy Coffee-Meyer’s StepBox this morning – just trying to get the cues. Her basic is a right, left, tap left, left, right, style that throws me. And in this one, she’s on speed, I swear! But it’s a fun workout that really works ya for 30 minutes. And I remain impressed. I can't run 6 miles with the sniffles, but then again, I'm a whimp. :p

DH and decided to post-pone the trail run to tomorrow to work off the Indian food (should be interesting!). I ended up doing Step Boxing, the High Intensity Drills from KPC, the drills from CK and the yoga session of Budokon Flow and Flexibility. I’m feeling good right now.

Edited to add - Lori - you snuck in on me! Sounds like a great meal you have planned! And yes we do have to take the good with the bad! We don't get snow, but the ground shakes occasionally around here. :+

Happy Diwali Everyone! May the Goddess for Fortune bless you in the coming year - don't forget to light candles outside so she can find you tonight to bless you!

Hello Ladies! I’m chiming in late tonight. It has been a very busy day. No workout to report, but I did lots of things today. Most importantly I detailed my SUV and DH’s truck. It took me 3 hours to do both, but I’ve been wanting to do it for a while now. It was such a beautiful day that I wanted to be able to enjoy being outside too.

Yesterday I did so much shopping at Toys R Us. DD is completely finished and DS is halfway there. My niece & nephew are both finished and so is one of my DH’s nephews. In all honesty, my kids are the ones I buy the most presents for and spend the most money one. I’m sure that is no big shocker.

Wendi – What great news on the lease! I’m so glad it is working out for you. Don’t feel like a slacker with the Xmas shopping, I’m an overachiever. :) I also hate being around the crowds any more than I have to.

SunnyD – I hope DS did well with his bball game today. I bet you loved watching him play.

Linda - Rest is a smart choice since you and DH are still under the weather. I hope you both start feeling better soon.

Lori – 7.5 miles is still good. Snow already? Oh my. I guess most of your year is cold weather isn’t it? Dinner sounds delicious.

Wendy – I hope your having a great time in Baltimore.

Shelly – I hope your dinner party went well.

Susan – I go through the decluttering phase too. DH just shakes his head and gives me room to work. :) I’m sorry to hear about Mary. I hope she is able to get past the depression. I can only imagine what she must be going through right now.

Hi Lori, Christine, and Carole!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.