Getting out of the rut - Wednesday

jodijodi

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I guess nobody had a chance to start a thread yet today...please don't feel you have to wait for me if I'm late.

Just got done walking on the treadmill for 45 min. 10% incline, 3.2 speed. As expected, upper body is really sore from yesterday's MM. And my neck is still pretty sore too. But I got something done!

How is everyone's day going so far? Good, I hope!

Good Morning everybody!

Jodi- Aren't you glad that you've done it already? I love that feeling of accomplishment!

It's cardio day for me and I don't want to do it. Since I don't have a step yet or any other cardio equipment and it is cold (ish) outside, I have to do the dreaded NordicTrack intervals. Good news- I burn 500 calories in about 34 minutes. Bad news- I hate it. But I'm dressed and ready, so here goes!

Okay - I'm here today and I WORKED OUT!!!! I did Athletic Step! It was my first workout since hurting my back at the very beginning of January. Felt great afterward. Oh how I've been missing that feeling!

Jodi - I used to sleep in my workout clothes under my pjs to make sure I worked out first thing in the morning!

Robin - How was Chocolate Veggie Day? I have to try that!

Slwitt - I agree with Melissa - I loved Meso 2. How did you like it?

Wendy - You sound like you and I have a similar schedule - kids to school, grocery store and then a workout. I think that I am actually addicted to the grocery store though!

Sammy123 - what new workouts did you buy?

Lisa 7691 - I remember when I started STS - I actually posted about the soreness of my muscles and not hardly being able to wash my hair!

Ellie - WooHoo on the Tae Bo workout!! Felt great to do something again, didn't it?

Linda - Have you done Insanity before or is this your first time? I bought it and liked it but I think I have to work up to it a bit again.

jdbmga - I say go for it and buy STS. It is my favorite weight workout. It's all just so very different and very thorough.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Good afternoon!!

I did the Back workout from PUB and then 45 minutes on the treadmill. Burned 427 calories. I'm wearing a pedometer and I have 8750 steps so far today.

My eating is also on target so far. I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and a protein shake for lunch.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll check back later.

All through with my cardio and after all that whining it was not so bad! I had a cup of coffee before I started and I thought I was going to ski across the room.

Worknprogress- I just bought Physique 57, Lauren Brooks' first kettlebell workout, and the original Squeeze workout. I haven't received the last two yet. And by the way... YEAH FOR YOU!!!

Debbie- A few more steps and you can just lay down for the rest of the day!

I do love Meso 2, I am sore as I can be today triceps and chest muscles are on FIRE!! But I am having a much better eating day, not that the rest of yesterday was terrible but definitely better. This afternoon I am doing Cardio core workout...and no equipment abs.

I used to do my workouts in the mornings, but I have to be at work by 7am. It has been hard switching from mornings to afternoons when I get in from work but I actually think I am working harder and not just going through the motions so early in the mornings. If I can get my eating habits under control I might actually lose some weight!! I only need to lose about 8lbs, which isn't that bad but I have struggle so badly with my eating.

Do any of you use the protein powder in your water, does that help curve your appetite? I remember when I did Meso 2 before I was sooooo hungry all the time, and I just worry about turning to foods that I shouldn't.

Good Morning!

Who woulda thought that a little accountability would be just the push I needed? I was on fire yesterday after my workout so I ditched the grocery store, knocked on my neighbors' door, loaded up my 4yo ds in the stroller and together we did a 5 mile fast walk. It had to been done...it was over 70'!!
Unfortunatly, I convinced myself that I deserved some chocolate from the valentine's bowl. (Tuesday being a vegetable day and all):( Had about 5 minis.. but that's less damage then I'm capable of so I'll consider that success.;)

Today was better...did Circuit Blast first thing this morning. It felt great. I'm looking forward to getting back to my STS/SC rotation that I had to postpone after I had a surgical biopsy in Jan. then a nasty sinus infection which launched me into this rut-o-rama!:mad:

I, too, am looking forward to getting to know everyone here and helping eachother through these difficult times. Best of luck to all of you today.

I came across this quote today... "Anyone can seek the Light - but it takes courage to stare at your dark shadow. Face your fear and you are free."
-Unknown

Day off...and now I've seen it all!

Hi, everybody! Today is my day off (I take Wednesday off every week) but I'm stopping by to say "hi."

Part of my rut is being a complete recluse when I'm down and out :( ... so checking in helps me break out of it. :D

By the way, I just got my new Spanx catalog, and now I've seen everything -- Spanx for men! Yup, they really do exist. Now guys can stop sucking in the beer gut when we walk by, because Spanx will do it for them!

See you tomorrow.

Know what my problem is...a complete lack of patience!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It took me over a year to put this weight on, but for some reason after eating good for 5 days I think I should see some huge difference AND then get disgusted when I don't! I know better but.......

Anyway, eating is going well again today and I did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance.

Hi everyone,

I usually work out at night. Last night I did cardio coach vol 4 but only got thru 30 minutes of it before I gave up panting. Then I did STS meso 2 just the back portion so I did a total of an hour of exercising.

Today I played doubles tennis for 2 hours and my GWF said I burned 800 calories ! But I'm gonna try to work out tonight anyway. I have a singles tennis match on Friday and being 50 yrs old with crunchy knees I've been trying to do more cardio. I want to be able to play singles and not get my butt kicked too badly.

I've not actively participated in check-in's before. Does everyone just list what they did each day and give support to each other. Y'all can talk mean to me and call me names if I don't exercise. I need to get fit. I plan on losing the 7# I gained over the winter plus another 20# this year. Then next year I'll work on the last 20# I should lose.

I hope to get to know you all,
Carolyn

Worknprogress - This is my first shot a Insanity! It will be interesting to see if I survive! Day 3 and my calves hurt so bad!!!!:p:p:p:p Will be rolling them out later tonight!:D:D:D

Worknprogress - This is my first shot a Insanity! It will be interesting to see if I survive! Day 3 and my calves hurt so bad!!!!:p:p:p:p Will be rolling them out later tonight!:D:D:D

Linda, I'll be interested to hear your impressions of Insanity. I keep looking at it and wondering if I should or shouldn't buy yet another batch of workout videos! I'm so tempted, but I also feel like I'm going in too many workout directions at once, and I need to try to get focused.

Keep us posted. Hope your calves feel better soon!

I did it!! I finally got back to exercising today. I did Pyramid Upper Body and 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Eating was spot on today as well my water intake could of been better but this is a step in the right direction. Plus Lent started and that is my motivation to exercise 6 days a week and eating healthier. Last year during Lent I lost 7 lbs and I don't believe I changed my exercising habits at all, this year will be different and hopefully so will the results.

...Cheryl

Hello folks.
I'm the late one...Pyramids Upper this afernoon and running around like my hair was on fire trying to get the family packed, the house cleaned and the other stuff that goes into going away. My step daughter gets married this weekend. We'll have a ball, but can you do KPC in a hotel room? .Better bring travelfit, huh.?

Carolyn...Post whatever you want..We just love to hear it all. I need to lose those blasted 7 pounds too.

Nite all

HI Ladies,

This check in looks like the perfect place. I have been stuck in rut for while. I don't know if it's the cold here in NY or darkness in the morning. I would just rather stay in bed then wake up with Cathe.

So far this week I took a walk and did the leg blast premix from butts and gutts. I need to get back in to working out on a regular basis again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.