Getting out of the rut - Tuesday

jodijodi

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! Hope everybody was able to squeeze in a small success yesterday. If not, today is another day, right? Welcome to everyone who posted later yesterday...and for those who asked if they can join the group--of course you can!!

I have decided that one way to make sure I get at least some kind of workout in is to put my workout clothes on first thing in the morning. Hopefully that will motivate me. I haven't worked out yet this morning, but as soon as I digest my breakfast a bit, I will head on down to the basement and get started.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Good morning all.

Jodi, I hope you got your workout done first thing!

You may recall that eating is my particular rut, and that I also metioned that we are celebrating Chocolate is a Vegetable Day here at work. It is a huge success and the treats people brought in are unbelievable. So I won't be getting out of my rut today. Tomorrow for sure though.

I'll be doing Athletic Step and some ab work from Ab Circuits when I get home later. What are the rest of you doing to get out of your rut?

I did get my workout in yesterday afternoon, it was Hiitt 30/30 and medicine ball abs. My eating last night wasn't so good, I finished off the chocolate cake I made for valentine's day. At least the good news is it's gone, so I have no choice but to do better. However, this morning isn't off to the best start, the chererios didn't cut it this morning so I had to stop at mc donald's this morning only had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, no hashbrowns or anything but it's got to hold me until lunch! At least I have the rest of the day to burn it off! This afternoon I start STS meso 2 I am looking forward to that, and hopefully getting my eating back on track!

Well, so far I've managed to stay clear of my rut. I did LIC step this morning with a bit of BM2 cardio thrown in. So far no chocolate has crossed my path. But then again, it is 10:10am.

Robin, Chocolate is a Vegetable Day sounds extremely dangerous, but in a enticing sort of way.

Jodi, I hope you knocked out that workout. If I don't get mine in first thing I'm in trouble.

slwitt, you can burn that off!! I loved meso 2. By far my favorite.

Here's to a rut-less day!!!

Good Morning All...

So far so good here. It's 7:26am and I just finished the cardio from 4ds LIS. It is all thanks to YOU Jodi for starting this thread. :D My intentions for today are to get the kids to school, grocery shop then do some weight work before I have to turn around and pick them up. Oh, and stay out of the valentine's chocolate bowl. And if I can/will be mindful of what I eat I know I will feel a lot better. (I should take my own advice)

Robin, I am 30lbs lighter since I don't work in an office anymore! Good luck to you today.

Here's to kicking the rut to the curb! Cheers!

Workout done! Woo hoo! Muscle Max Upper Body premix, plus core. I'm gonna be feeling that tomorrow, I'm sure!

Eating has been mostly okay, kinda, sorta. Had a bowl of homemade matzoh ball soup early, then just now a bowl of mini-wheats with skim milk.

Oh, and a couple of chocolate covered pretzels in honor of chocolate being a vegetable today and all. But just a couple!:eek:

Robin, today was a rough day to get started with all the treats at work. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day!

slwitt, I'm sure you can burn off your breakfast. It could have been worse, right?

Melissa, great job on getting it done this AM! Hope no chocolate sneaks up on you for the rest of the day!

Great job all on getting out of the rut, and hope those of you doing workouts later kick some butt!:cool: Have a great rest of the day!

edit: Hi to Wendy also! Great job on getting your workout done so early! Good luck with the rest of the day!

I'd like to join in too! My rut has been doing the same workouts over and over and having my results slow waaaaaay down. So I have ordered a few new workouts and am ready to start working them in... except that I keep procrastinating now and have not started up with my new schedule. Now instead of even doing the old workouts I'm wanting to do nothing. I need some accountability!
So today I will do the Physique 57 Classic that I was so happy to get but have only done once. I will. I really will.

Good Morning all!

I started the day off right with Meso 1 Disc 7 - Chest, shoulders & biceps. Except I was supposed to do that last night. Oops! I did cardio yesterday in the morning though so I felt like it was ok. I had a terrible headache after driving home in the latest snowstorm here in central ohio. I just didn't have it in me to work out.

This morning I think I might have worked too hard! STS is a danger to a girl's hair...there should be a warning label on it! I could hardly wash my hair after the workout and then blow drying it was painful! I kept having to take rest breaks! My shoulders and my chest were screaming at me. Lol. I guess it's a good problem to have!

Ha - I had mini wheats w/skim milk for breakfast this morning too! As I was eating them I was thinking that there are some on these forums that would not approve of my choice. I don't eat them all the time though and they are so yummy. oh, I guess I should mention that mine were the frosted variety. Still, I count that as keeping to my plan...it was within my calorie budget.

Ok, I need to go get lunch...that is going to be brown rice with a package of the Green Giant Healthy Weight steamed veggies on top. I may try to get in a short cardio workout tonight...maybe something from 4DS...I love all the cardio routines in that set.

So have a great day everyone...enjoy chocolate as a veggie day...it sounds delicious!

Hangs head in shame :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thought chocolate WAS a vegetable, therefore ate my 5 servings today!!!
Did only a 20 min tae bo workout, just to say I DID something.

I need a good kick in the butt.
Tomorrow starts lent for me so I have to choose something to give up and/or do. This may be the beginning of the end of my rut!!!!

Good Luck Everyone

Workout is done first thing in the morning, so that is long over with. I started Insanity yesterday, so if that doesn't help me lean out ALONG with eating better nothing will.:p

Eating went well yesterday and today is off to a pretty good start. This usually about the time of day I really start screwing up. But if I hold it together here I should be okay the rest of the day. I am kind of an all or nothing kind of person.

Robin - Chocolate is A Vegetable day would be the death of me!

Jodi - Great job putting on those workout clothes and getting it done!

I did my scheduled (actually for yesterday) Physique 57 workout! I would not have done it if I hadn't posted that I would, so "Yeah!" for this challenge!

Lisa - WTG on the workouts! I think you did great...cardio yesterday and STS today makes sense to me! I could never do STS plus another workout in the same day. I feel your pain...I remember not being able to lift my arms either when I did STS. I also considered not posting about my mini wheats, since I agree, it's not exactly health food. And I was deliberately vague about them being the frosted kind.:p I'll admit that my goal is mainly to eat a bit better, but I have no illusions that my diet will ever be squeaky-clean.

Ellie, no head-hanging here! There is no shame in doing a Tae bo video. The whole point of this thread is to get SOMETHING (anything!) done, no matter what it is. WTG on kicking it out!

Linda, glad to hear it's going well so far! WTG on a great start, and hope you're able to keep it up!

edit: sammy123, good for you! So glad to hear that this check-in is helping! (It's helping me too...I want to be able to post good stuff!)

jodi - maybe we need to have an "it's ok to eat frosted mini wheats" thread! lol. We might get kicked off the boards :)

Ellie - I love Tae Bo! I really like kickboxing and I think that Tae Bo is a fun flavor of kickboxing. Before I found Cathe I did it everyday. Now I keep it in the rotation every so often because it's fun. I like the energy of Billie and the crew.

Everyone else - great job on getting the workouts in today!!

Athletic Step and Ab Circuit Yoga done. Whew. I don't mind telling you that the chocolate orgy was fun, but I sure did feel it while working out. Something to remember next time I think I need chocolate.

slwitt, hey, you're right! Now the cake is done. Make a promise not to stop at Macky D's tomorrow and forget about today. Did you get your workout done?

Melissa, I probably had my first five servings by 10:30 this morning! But everyone at work had fun, so I don't feel guilty. Well, not TOO guilty.

Wendy, remove the candy bowl!! LOL, I had a bowl of kisses (mmmm-peppermint ones) out at Christmas and I had one every time I passed it. At least everyone else in the house did too, so it didn't last long.

Jodi, glad to hear you got your workout done. How is your neck?

Sammy, I always look forward to new workouts. I love the SC/STS rotation because the SC workouts are so spread out, each time I do one, it seems new. Usually when I get a new DVD, I wear it out till I know it by heart and never want to look at it again.

Lisa, LOL about STS and your hair. I absolutely agree! And using the toilet a day or two after a leg workout. Ouchie!

Ellie, hey, you DID do a workout. Tomorrow we will pretend we never heard of chocolate and love our carrots.

Linda, do you like Insanity? I don't think it's my cup of tea, but I'm sure it will get you lean. Did you try that food plan I gave you? That's what I'm trying to get back into, but I'm tired of egg whites, brown rice and chicken. Sigh. I have to remember how good it felt to get compliments at the RT.

Time to get out of these stinky, sweaty clothes and start dinner. Mmmm, chicken mole. Kidding! Chicken chili!

Robin - Since it's only day two I am not really sure if I like Insanity yet, but I sure do love a good challenge.:) At this point I am desperate to lean out. Yes I have that food plan, and tried it but with everything I have tried in the past year I last only a few days before I blow it. Then I just get mad at myself and binge and it all starts all over again. Once I am over the sugar I just may try that plan again. Right now I am just trying not to eat crap!:p

Just got my STS workout in disc 13, my arms feel like jello but other than that I feel great, not sure how my hair is going to look tomorrow, but at least I did my workout! If I can only eat a 'healthy' dinner I may have a chance to salvage the day. Its really great to hear how everyone is doing, I don't feel so bad, because everyone else seems to have the same challenges as I do!

Hi everyone. Sorry to be checking in so late. I will try to check in early tomorrow. This morning I did the Biceps, Shoulders and Ab portions of PUB. I was short on time since my son was home from school today. I am trying to do splits more than total body workouts when I do weights since I am trying to do a body part a day and cardio. I need to do cardio every day to try and lose a few lbs I've gained over the past few months. I don't have any of the STS strength workouts. I've been debating getting a set. I don't want to have to buy any other equipment, like a chin up bar so I'm not sure if STS is for me. I'd like a little more variety though since I'm trying to do split routines and most of DVDs I've come across are total body workouts. DH and I have also been debating getting Insanity. I don't think I'd follow the rotation though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.