Getting out of the rut - New check-in - All are welcome!

jodijodi

Cathlete
I know there are a bunch of us who are stuck in a rut lately, having trouble getting back into the groove of working out and/or eating healthier. This happened to me last year as well, and I found that the thing that really helped get me back into the groove was coming here to check in with my friends....wanting to post something positive here every day really motivated me.

Any small success is a great success. So if you managed to get outside to walk the dog, passed up the extra brownie for dessert, managed to squeeze in a handful of jumping jacks at work, or whatever, share it below!

I'll be back later to hopefully post what I did today! Have a great day!!

Count me in! This rut is sooo bad! I am determined to do something today. Even if it is taking my boys out and playing in the snow. We've been buried here in almost 4 feet of snow for the last week and a half. Before that, the two weeks before, my youngest was sick for several days, then my other one got it afterwards so I have been couped up with sick children and the weather for just about a month now!!!!

Hi Jodi, I'm in. I recently (a little over a month ago) started exercising more consistently again and would like to keep it that way. Look forward to sharing and reading everyone's successes. Thanks for starting this Jodi. :)

Hi Jodi and all the rest of you rutters. I'm notorious for joining check-ins, then wandering away, but I'll give this one a try! Why now, since I think I'm checking in at least 3 other places on the internet. I think I'm a little check-in obsessed.

I have no problem with fitting in the workouts and am on the second month of the STS/SC rotation. My issue is food. Tomorrow we are celebrating Chocolate is a Vegetable Day at work, but I'll do my darnedest to clean up my act after that.

Jodi, happy birthday! Thanks for the new check in.

Wendy, hey, girlfriend! I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Workn. - I'm sure 4 feet of snow has lead to some additional workouts, be they shoveling or high-stepping to the car. Have fun playing. Are you forecast to get any of the next storm? We may get 4 inches - nothing major.

Oh yeah, I did Hiit double wave and STS Meso 2 Chest, shoulder and tri workouts this morning. We may be out of town on Saturday, so I wanted to get a day ahead on the rotation.

I am so in!!!
My rut has been sooooooo long. SNOW, kids home from school, too much other stuff on my plate. I am LOOKING FORWARD to getting back on track.

Today I cleaned the whole house!!!
(That counts, right????????)

Welcome everyone! So happy to have a great group getting started here. And dare I say, I have actually met everyone who has posted so far in real life! Neato! Love my Cathe buds...

Ellie, that definitely counts! I need to get some laundry done today...maybe I can run back and forth to the garage and count it as sprints.

Robin, I knew that your workouts have been going well lately (WTG!), but I had a feeling that I could still count on you to join my check-in. Maybe you could also start a check-in for people who are addicted to check-ins!:p

Debbie (jdbmga), good to see you! Hope your workouts continue to go well!

Debbie (Worknprogress), I was hoping you would join us! Hope you're able to get outside with the kids today! A snowball fight would certainly burn some cals!

Hi Wendy! Welcome!!

Still haven't gotten a workout in with kids home from school today, but I hope to soon and I will be back to check in soon! Have a great day everyone!

Ellie, I'm not sure cleaning your house counts as a workout. Better come clean mine too, just to be sure.

Jodi, LOL at starting a check-in for those of us addicted to check-ins.

Well I'll try to get here too ! I've been very moody lately and my food intake has been less than healthy. Also in another check in that keeps me going but need to "jump" the rest of the way out of my rut !

Jodi - thanks for starting the thread - HB ! Just had mine a couple weeks ago also. Nothing like a BD near the beginning of the year to get you back on track. Guess I'll be the "one" you haven't met in person yet ! :p Unless you are going to the SD RT in March. I'll be there.

Wgil - looking forward to your next positive post !

Workn - good - was hoping I'd find you in a check-in group after your post the other day ! ;) One step at a time, one day at a time. Cheers to a happier you.

jdbmga - ^5's to consistency !

Robin - I'm right there with you - doing the same rotation and with the eats ! I'm going to split the rotation into one body part and try to get some cardio in there daily. Extra cardio & better fueling will be my rut to climb out of.

Elliemom - here's to getting back into a groove. Yes cleaning house counts - amazing how many extra steps and calories you burn doing that ! I saw that with my GWF - it is true !

Off to do my Disc 13 chest &30/30. BBL to report the eats ! :eek:

Hello all!

Food rut it is for me. I had been doing well and then it all went down the ...... drain let's say. Can't seem to get it back under control. But it starts now.

Exercise keeps me sane. I hope to stay on top of that. Like everybody else, I have too much stuff on my plate (no pun intended) :p

Today: I will not mindlessly finish my kids' dinner after I get home tired from work.

For those of you doing housework/cleaning today, YES it does count :eek:!

Thanks for starting this thread!

Uggghhhhh, food rut for me too! Maybe this check-in will help me STOP my self-sabatoging eating habits!

The workouts are no problem for me (except for right now, I have some sort of head cold/sinus infection), but I can't control my eating! I am hoping to conceive baby #2 in the very near future and I want a healthy pregnancy and not feel/like like a fat blob like I did with my son!

I'll check in again this evening.

Hi All!

I hope you don't mind if I join...I'm kinda new around here. I started at the beginning of the year to get out of my no exercise/eat whatever I want rut. I have done really well getting on the exercise bandwagon...now I just need to stay there! I was up early this morning to do the cardio portion only of 4DS Kickboxing before work. I am also doing my first STS cycle. I am on Disc 7 today and I will do that later when I get home from work.

I am still trying to figure out the food. I am currently doing WW but would prefer to switch to an intutitive eating plan. The only problem is I think right now my intution would say, Cake, Cookies and Snickers bars please! I am reading about "clean" eating but it sounds a little nutty to me...I can't imagine not eating at least some processed stuff. I have defined my own "clean eating" and it goes like this - no fast food, no candy or cakes, and get your 5 fruits & veggies in daily. I'm a WIP, what can I say?!

I look forward to having some daily accountability to keep me on track with things. You all seem great, I can't wait to get to know you! BTW Robin - your tagline makes me smile everytime I see it. You have to love Piglet! Have great day...I'll let you know how disc 7 goes later!

Okay, I'm in - if I can manage another check-in!

Like most of you I have the working out under control it's the food that is the problem. And has been for the past year! I am currently heavier than I have been in 18 years!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

On the bright side the last three days of eating have been great and today is going well so far... I am just really hoping to stick with it this time. I am so tired of none of my clothes fitting and I really don't have any money to go out and buy new.

I am in too. I have been doing great with food - down 9 pounds so far this month! But have been awful with exercise. I made it to disc 25 and then quit. So I am starting over. Yesterday I did a Hiit cardio work out, and today I will be back to Disc One!!

I'm in both a food and workout rut. I was doing pretty good with my second round of STS when I got hit with major dental problems. The pain, antibiotics, vicodin, and self pity, put a major wrench in my routine.

This morning I did Athletic Step. I'm going to the San Diego road trip and want to be able to keep up!

Welcome again everyone! So happy to have gotten so many responses to my thread!! Of course everyone is welcome to participate!

Robin - LOL at you asking Ellie to clean your house too.:)

Jacque - Thanks for the bday wishes! Unfortunately, no SD RT for me. Can't wait till Cathe comes to Atlanta, though!

Helene - Hi! I know what you mean about mindlessly finishing the kids' food...I am terrible at that. Good luck on resolving to do better.

Katie - Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Lisa - Of course you can join! Welcome to Catheland! Hope we can help provide some encouragement.

Linda - WTG on the last few days!! Crossing my fingers that it continues to go well.

kevinlisa3 - Great job on your eating! Good luck starting over on STS!

Gabrielle -(((hugs))) and hope your dental woes are over soon!!

I did get a workout in today! Yay! I did the Step only premix from C&W--always a favorite. Of course now I have "Build me up Buttercup" stuck in my head! :p I was going to try to sneak in a few minutes of core work, but I did something to my neck this morning, so I thought maybe it would be best not to push it. But the whole time I was working out I was looking forward to coming back here to post it...so maybe this check-in is just the kick in the rear that I need!

Hope everyone has a productive afternoon!

I am in a food rut myself. I do well in getting the workouts in, but my eating habits have always been what has held me back from the weight loss. I have been doing STS and begin Meso 2 this afternoon after I get home from work. Things have been really stressful at work so it is making it hard to not eat everything in sight. I hope it is ok to join your group. Maybe the accountability will help me get my eating habits back under control. Part of my diet issues are that I don't eat fruits or most veggies raw; I do like veggies as long as they are cooked. I think if I could just control my portions and make better choices I would lose the last 7-8lbs I would like to lose so I could just work to maintain my weight instead of working so hard to lose the weight! Any advice or things you have tried, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Robin, I am on my way!!! I am a tad OCD so plan on a complete overhaul!!!

I hope to see everyone back here tomorrow!!!

Don't faint.......but I have a workout ready for the am. And my clothes and shoes are laid out!!!!

OK I'm in. I need that kick in the butt. I'm heading home after work to get in a workout. :mad: NO MORE CHOCOLATE!!!! said in a very Joan Crawfordish way.

Happy Birthday Jodi!!

I made it!

Good morning, all! I've dragged myself out of a rut enough to show up and post.

I did Art of Strength Providence (kettlebell) workout this morning. I hope I eat better today than I did yesterday. And the day before that, and about 90 days before that....

Jodi, thanks for starting this thread. Some of us need a little boost! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.