Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Getting Our Licks In!

This is a discussion on Getting Our Licks In! within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; OOPS! How did I do a double post? Janie...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

OOPS! How did I do a double post?

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Cathlete

Challenges: Push Ups on Toes with 90 sec. between sets: 20, 25, 20, 20 and 30. Whew! Pull Ups with 60 sec. between sets: 6 Assisted, 5 Australian, 6 Assisted, 5 Australian, 1 hang. After Friday I will do this week again and add one or two to the sets. This is hard! Sit Ups with 45 sec. between sets: 30, 30, 36, 36, 27, 27, 33 and 90. Then did heavy lifting for my hamstrings, quads, inner and outer thighs, shoulders, biceps and triceps.

Laura, Great job on the front quads and Athletic Step. Well done, that one is a toughie. I have the same problem as well to concentrate only on one system. I love them all! I know I needed to do better and all of you inspired me to do this. I never dreamed I could do 30 push ups on my toes without stopping. Who knew?

Great job on the STS Meso 1, disc 2 week 1, CC, and your full body push pull workout. You deserve a nice soak in the hot tub. Please be safe driving without power steering (I'd rather you wouldn't). Stay warm and get a new car ASAP.

Take care everyone and have a nice evening,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Cathlete
Shoegal's Profile Fields

Well - unfortunately on Tuesday the thought of running on the treadmill (beyond boring!!) was so dreadful that I wasn't eager to exercise. . . so I thought - if this is going to keep me from excersing - then I'm not going to. I plugged in Step Mechanics and did combos 6 through 9. I love this workout - I LOVE learning the combinations. I got everything quite well - not perfect - but where I was totally comfortable and knew what I was doing except for one. I will go back and do this one again - and I don't think I'll have too much trouble. I also enjoy that she moves pretty fast - you learn it - then she moves on immediately. Afterwards I did a Cathe Ab hits. Last night - I stayed stepping and tried out "Not your Momma's step" with Patrick Goudeau. There are only 3 combinations - just 3. I'm thinking - well, gee - that isn't very much but it was like a full fledged dance routine. I only got through the 1st combo - and he really took his time teaching but it is sooo weird - he teaches the last part of the combination first - so when he puts it together I'm a little lost. It isn't in the order I learned it. I did this first one relatively well - not perfect - then was one step that was tripping me up. I did more ab hits with Cathe. Tonight I'm going to do a Cathe - although I don't know what - I think some strength training workout - total body.

Laura - no power steering - yeah - a new car sounds good - especially if you don't feel safe. Good job on your workouts - what are you doing for Valentine'd Day? This weekend Rex and I are going to that little Irish pub for dinner!!! We just exchange cards.

Janie - what are you and Joey doing for Vday??? You are so impressive with your push ups - sounds hard but I bet you feel strong!!

Hope Michelle is enjoying herself on vacation.

Hello to Elle, Renee, MicheleZ & Shadowpup!!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Cathlete
Catchick65's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to Catchick65

Meso cycle 2 is leaving me totally whipped, with major doms! I like it!

Exercise every day. Work, work-out, karate, eat, sleep...nothing that exciting lately.

Janie, you are doing fabulous with your push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and exercise in general. Keep up the good work!

Wondering about Michelle...they don't have the internet in Jamica? I would have thought the resort would have computers for public use, like they do here in the US. Hope she is having a wonderful time.

OK, gotta get back to work. Keep on, keepin' on!

~Renee
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Cathlete
ladubose's Profile Fields

Nice to have some activity here again!

I am taking an easy day, as I have been pushing it lately. I have serious DOMS in my lats today...I did Cardio Coach on the elliptical and then steamed for a nice long time.

Staying at my mom's and borrowing her car when I need to go some where...need to start researching what kind of car I might consider...

Janey: That's a fantastic job on the Push Ups. Wasn't just a few weeks ago that you said you could not even do 1? and now 30 on the toes with no break!! HOLLY COW!!

Shoegal: Bo has made reservations in town at a restaurant that is doing a special Valentines Dinner. Unfortunately I might have to teach that night if I can't find a sub, and my mom is out of town so the girls have to go to a friends house on a school night for awhile and I don't want to have to pick them up late....hopefully a sub will come through for me....Bo usually gets me something sexy to wear for him!

Catchick: I would think they would have internet accesses, but maybe it is really expensive or something! I am having DOMS again from Meso Cycle 1 even though it is only the first week!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Catheite

Hello all! Did 4DS Lower Intensity Step DVD. Enjoyed myself - I actually put two risers on my step today - up until today I didn't use any risers. Feeling stronger all the time. Can't wait till summer to see how these workouts improve my walking/hiking capabilities. I think I won't have as many problems trekking up hills, etc. I have already noticed a lot of aches and pains going away - you know those pains you start getting when you are older and inactive? Yea those are going away!!!! Yay for Cathe!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Cathlete

Used stair climber for 30 min. Joey's rotator cuff is giving him a lot of pain, so he hasn't been doing his normal exercise routine the last two times. The doctor had him get an x-ray. I think there will be surgery for him in his near future. Gosh Darn it! He's in pain.

Shoegal, Great job on Tues. Step Mechanics, Ab Hits, last nights venture with Patrick (I like him. I must try to get this DVD And great job on more Ab Hits. For Valentines we will exchange cards and have a special healthy dinner together. Maybe watch a romantic movie after. What will you and yours be doing? I'm loving the challenges, yes, hard but I'm true to it and waiting to see a more physical change. I guess that takes time though.

Renee, Great job on Meso cycle 2. Yes, it can leave you wiped out. Great job on that! Thank you for the encouragement about the challenges. I bet Michelle is having a ball!

Laura, Glad to see you having an easy day today. Great job on CC using the elliptical. Joey and I always have great experiences with Toyota and Nisan, anything from that Co. and Jeep. I love my Jeep. Thank you for your encouragement on the challenges. I can't hardly believe it myself!

MicheleZ
, Great job on 4DS LI Step with 2 risers. I love that one as well. You are improving with leaps and bounds. Good for you! I'm sure because of the work you are putting in with the exercises, that you will see for certain improvement on all activities this Summer. Very proud of you.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Cathlete
Elle_p's Profile Fields

On Wednesday morning on my way to work, a pick-up truck rear-ended my car while I was stopped in traffic. I was pretty shaken up. The back end of my car is pretty mashed up so I have a rental until it's fixed.

I've been a little sore so i haven't done anything for the last few days but i'm feeling better today so I'm going to try and get some yoga in.

Janie: You are doing so good with your push/pull ups! Keep up the good work!

Shoegal: I totally understand about dreading the treadmill! It can get boring so it's good that you just chose to do something else rather than skip the workout.

Laura: Hope you get your car problems sorted out soon!

Hello to everyone else!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Cathlete
Shoegal's Profile Fields

Hello everybody -

Last night I did High Reps!!! A premix - legs first. It felt good - I have been doing all those TAs lately - and lifting practically no weights which is just scary when you think of going back to that. I have to - I think TA is somewhat effective - a different kind of "method" but nothing beats the feeling of weight in your hand.

DH was home from being out of town - all of the girls were delighted to see him. I wish you all could see how crazy wonderful Krista is. She has adapted to the routine of the house and now delights in it. She goes bounding out of the house with Dot and Scout and I can see her skipping around the yard. We give them treats before we kennel them - and she gets sooo excited about it. She loves to lounge on the couch at the end of the day and is now allowed to sleep in bed with us. I just love her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is soooo cold here 5 degrees this morning!!! BRRRRR!!!!

Elle - I think we were posting at the same time - I didn't see your post until I posted. So sorry about your car - glad you weren't hurt - that was a frightening experience. It is good to take it easy after something like that.

Last edited by Shoegal; 02-11-2011 at 07:43 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Catheite

Hello everybody. Did 4DS Bootcamp today. I was sort of dreading it because of the "bootcamp" title but it was actually a lot of fun. I had to modify a bit because I didn't want to do all the jumping but I didn't modify much.

Elle - wow so sorry to hear about your car accident. Def. take it easy on your body!

Janie - thank you for the pep talks!

I am really thankful that Cathe works as hard as she does to keep me in shape (lol). She is a true master at keeping workouts fun and keeping me motivated. I also love all the support stuff she does (forums, nutrition and workout software)....of course, I am preaching to the choir......