Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Getting Our Licks In!

This is a discussion on Getting Our Licks In! within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi michelle I was looking at the 30 day rotation and was thinking maybe once u get finished u can ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Hi michelle
I was looking at the 30 day rotation and was thinking maybe once u get finished u can try the 90 day. That one to be isnt to hard on the body. I mean there is weights one day gives u a brake on cardio n jumping. I think thats y i can do it so far. It gives ur body time to adjust, from cardio jumping to weights. I think thats what it is.

Today is burn sets bis n tris not very long about 35 minutes? So gives my body a rest before hard strikes tomorrow. I think it isnt as demanding as some of her other rotations.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

Tonight was XTrain Bi's and Tri's. Wow, that was a good one. Worked hard.

Here is yet another portrait of a different niece (I have many) and it's called "Libby".

Michelle, Yep, doing the Feb. rotation. It's going, but I'm getting bored. I know how it is loosing track of time because you are so busy. Hey, you keep coming back, and that's good. I love how you take a boring and sometime hurtful rotation and make it your own. Good for you! Great job on Cardio leg Blast and biceps. And the addition of burn sets biceps.

ReneeP, Great job on today's burn sets bis and tris.

Take care,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Cathlete

Hope u have some doms Janie!
Love the pic, very good.
Im to do HS today.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Cathlete

Tonight was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast plus bonus abs 2.

ReneeP, No DOMs for me. How was HS today? Thank you for the compliment on Libby.

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Cathlete
MDolfiniReed's Profile Fields

Somehow I forgot to check-in yesterday. I did Tabatacise, premix 13 (I believe) which is tabatas 1-3, burn set back, and core 2. I thought I would be adventurous and add on a tabata--wasn't too bad, although the 3rd blast just about took me out and I had to just do jumping jacks instead. Today is AOLIH.

Janie: another lovely picture. You are so wonderfully artistic! What do you think of bonus abs 2? I think it is harder than bonus abs 1.

ReneeP: I will have to look at the 90-day XTRAIN rotation when I am done with this one. I have to admit, I am missing step workouts. I'm thinking I might take a couple of weeks of step and stretching and then see what I feel like. But your comments have me wanting to take a good look at the 90-day rotation.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.
~michelle
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Cathlete

Michelle me too! I miss step. But i am trying to push through this. I was thinking since i have an idea i can stick to a rotation i will get old rotations and plug in xtrain where the weight workouts are and a few of cardio in xtrain for verity. Like if it says upper body ill us xtrain. So i can get some step in. But i miss jiogging to so i may go for a short walk at lunch to help that.
Great job on tabatacize! That is wonderful you went to three. I dont know if i should try that yet because i have to modify the 1 &2 still. Ive only done it twice. So maybe a few more times then i can try it . Lol
Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Cathlete

Rest day today. Yea!

Michelle, Truly think Bonus Abs 2 is very difficult. Of course I had to modify. Great job on Tabatacise, prem 13 and the add on another tabata. Very good. Did you do AOLIH today?

ReneeP, Modifying is good. Being careful is even better. Glad to see you are listening to your body.

Take care,

Janie

Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Cathlete

I had to check in.. I did supercuts today and tomorrow was a rest day but since i had family over i didnt get hs in sat so ill do that tomorrow? Oh my belly hurts me and son and DIL went to see identity theift and i ate popcorn! I hate that..it is soooo full of fat. But i am not eating anything else tonight! After movies is when i did shpercuts, i felt so gross. I still feel yuk. Lol
Enjoy your rest day Janie.

Last edited by ReneePruitt; 02-10-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Cathlete
ladubose's Profile Fields

Friday and Sat turned into rest days just cause I have so much stuff to deal with and I needed to focus on that. Friday I teach private clients so I feel like even though I am not working out I am very in my body and attentive to my core and my posture and I am standing and moving a little here and there so I am fairly active most of the day, Saturday I had office work to do with my husband. He is so bad at paper work and he has asked me to help with his business and frankly its such a mess that it is going to take some concentrated effort just to sort things out!

Today I did Legs and for some reason I felt it a heck of a lot more than the last two times I did it. I agree that this rotation does get a little repetitive but I know Cathe knows what she is doing and I also don't feel so terribly bad if I miss a workout here of there....

Baked homemade banana chocolate chip cookies with the kids, made a sweet center piece for V-Day on the dinning room table, have a nice healthy dinner in the crock pot, did a little shopping while the girls got hair cuts... a nice day over all!

Renee: Movie popcorn always makes my tummy hurt and makes me feel gross! It's hard not to eat it though when someone gets it! I make the best popcorn ever and movie popcorn just doesn't compare so I am not as tempted by it as I used to be. How was Identity Theft? I saw the main male actor on a show the other day it looked hilarious!

Janey another fantastic pic! I can't believe how quick you bang those out! Is your elbow all better? You haven't mentioned it in a wile

Michelle nice to see your face again! What did you think of Tabatize? I haven't gotten to those yet! I know I miss step too, I have thought of adding a few low impact steps in now that I have done the cardio a few times in the 90 day rotation, like Low Impact Challenge from LIS or some of the older low impact step routines. Maybe just one a week...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Cathlete
MDolfiniReed's Profile Fields

Yesterday was All Out Low Impact HIIT and burn set chest. This morning was XTRAIN Legs! and rear delts. Monday mornings are hard--you'd think they'd be easy after the weekend, but they are just not. Wasn't feeling as rested and it came through on the ball roll-ins--just couldn't get all the reps in. However, I toughed out all those dang reps with the weight at the end on the floor work. So not too bad of an effort. Brought my workout clothes in to work today; if my colleagues want to workout this evening, I will be prepared.

Laura: All that baking sounds wonderful. Reminds me of when I was growing up--my mom baked with us alot when we were kids. She still likes to bake. Always some good homemade baked dessert at my parents. Good thing I do not live that close to them! I have to say the tabatacise is starting to grow on me. Making it through 3 tabatas the other day had me thinking that doing 4 or 5 may not be impossible afterall. Something to work up to.

ReneeP: oh yum: movie popcorn. It is so good and so bad but if you only have it once or twice a year, what's the harm? But yes, too much can give me a tummy ache too.

Janie: a rest day sounds so heavenly. I still haven't gotten my stretch in. Those do wonders too.

Hope everyone has a joyful Monday! Ripken says: Get your Licks In!
~michelle