Getting Our Licks In!

MDolfiniReed

Cathlete
Good morning everyone--Ripken reminded me this morning that I needed to post our new check-in thread. We have graduated from Lurker's to our pet-inspired check-in. Very cold here in Virginia this morning so Ripken and I only did a half-mile walk. Now, it's time for a little Cathe. Be back later.
~michelle

Found the new Thread!!!! Look at how far we've come.

Had a wonderful Saturday of cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning and finally have the house back all together in a pretty reasonable order. Yes I did CleanMax all day long. ;) DH was out and about and managed to admit that in fact the heat was not working in the truck - it is fixed and says that it is quite toasty in there now. We did seperate things all day long and didn't actually get together until later in the evening. We did however, take all the dogs for a walkabout. If you remember, we babysat Howie and Harold. Howie is quite a rough and tumble sort of fellow and is pretty much a doggie type dog. He is very young and has never been left off of his lead. Well, we decided to leave him go and take a walk around - there is no road there so it was relatively safe. He pretty much stuck around the girls and Harold. Poor Harold had so much trouble with the snow sticking to the hair in between his toes - he would sometimes sit down and pick at his feet during the walk. Poor baby. Michelle, does Ripken have that same problem? Later on we took them all out again and Howie took off - DH had to grab the quad and track him down. :( - he didn't go that far - but geeze - I would be beside myself if something happened to him.

There are always so many posts over the weekend - pages and pages - took me quite awhile to get caught up.

I will be doing MM again tonight.

Janie - I love MM - just didn't do it well - unfortunately - all these aches and pains just made it a hard workout this time - I usually really really enjoy the entire workout. I suppose I'm getting old - and now extremely determined. I will do it again and see how I feel. Sorry about the cold - sending healing thoughts your way. I'm positive you know exactly what to do for a quick recovery.

Laura - No I have never had this happen before with my back and it felt very unpleasant. You are right - it has been quite awhile since I've done a Cathe strength DVD - last time I did a bunch of Jari Love workouts. I have had similiar stories like the one you told about your friend - and I was always wondering if I was actually in shape - or a lesser version of it - because I really didn't have too many to compare myself to. Yes I agree with everyone - you are in tremendously fit and only getter stronger. I love that you are out skiing and taking advantage of all the outdoor activities and in the process creating a lasting impression on your girls. They will carry this activity level into their adulthood and will have you to thank!!! :eek:

Shadowpup - congrats on the new shoes - they sound fabulous - well, any shoes are fabulous. I have a sassy little pair of heels on today and I like to take a look down at my feet occasionally to admire how pretty they are. Sure - they probably aren't doing me any favors like your shoes. DH told me they are highly impractical. I told him - I can't always where practical shoes - where is the fun in that? Enjoy your week - have fun with your workouts. Was that Kari Anderson's Reach???? I'm wondering too - I have that - and I have always enjoyed it.

Ironlady - well, welcome back - glad to have you back with us. Take your time and recover from surgery. A friend of my had her gall bladder removed and recovered quite quickly - but they did it laparoscopically and within a week was like herself. You take your time.

Catchick65 - I have rather fond memories of music class - I think it sounds fantastic to teach it to young children and - oh my - very hectic. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Michelle - enjoy your active recovery week - an entire hour of stretching - that sounds heavenly to me right now. Where did you get all that snow - I hadn't heard that you got a foot - gee - we have had some snow here again but nothing like that!!! Does Ripken like the snow and the cold? My sister's boys seem too.

Okay - hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning--after creating our new check-in thread this morning, I did the LIC cardio blast that sister had suggested. Boy, that was great fun. Followed it with the second ab routine on the Ab Hits dvd--planks followed by crunches. Ripken was definitely able to get his licks in while I was doing the planks.

Shoegal: I try to keep Ripken's paw hair trimmed between trips to the groomer and I think that helps with the paw issues--not too short, but not all sticking out if you know what I mean. Ripken didn't have a problem with the snow sticking between his paws this time around. The snow was very light, dry, and fluffly. The big snow that we got in December, he got some snow between his pawpads but it didn't really bother him. I just made sure I got all the snow out from between his paws with a towel before we went in the house. Ripken loves getting toweled off. Rain, snow, mud, whatever. Just another form of attention. I noticed that I wasn't as muscle tired when we had a couple of warmer days. The cold air really seems to intensify the aches--unfortunately, I think its an age thing.:( Just have to keep on pushing--but smartly.

Janie: maybe as you start to feel better, you can treat yourself to some nice long stretches to help to keep your muscles happy.

Sister: hey, why haven't you posted yet? Must be busy exercising on your snow day.

Hi to Shadowpup, Laura, and Ironlady.
~michelle

I'm so proud of you all. You've evolved into a fine group!

Michelle
, Congratulations on graduating from Lurker to our new check-in! You were very instrumental/creative for our new name. Good job on the LIC blasts and abs.

You know what? I'm going to take your suggestion and do a yoga today. Haven't done one for a long time. Thanks for the idea.

Shoegal, now, you know if I hear of cleaning I must also clean. After Yoga, cleanmax for me as well. LOL:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that the truck now has heat. I bet it's heaven after such cold in the interior.

Oh the joys sometimes of walking doggies. Glad your DH was able to fetch Howie back. Bet that was tense for awhile.

Do enjoy MM again tonight. It's a great workout.

Really don't know how to make this cold go away quickly. Any suggestions?:confused:. It's keeping me up coughing all night long, then I'm feeling tired all day. Geesh. Once it's gone though, then I can get back to exercising with all the DVD's still to try and ones I love. Can't wait!

Will be inviting shy people for yet another Lurker post. Just want them to know they are welcome and have a safe place to post until they get used to it. I tried it on VideoFitness, but it seems it died out. Then again that was when I was having so many problems. And of course I mentioned them. They were probably driven out by my sad stories. Live and learn. Could it be possible that I would meet good people like yourselves, yet again?

Will be back later,

Janie

Last edited:
Well, this is day one of "snow days" and I think it may last at least a day or two more. I don't mind at all. I have shoveled snow for a bit and can get out of my driveway. Now, I really don't want too, since the roads are still snow packed, even though the plow has been thru 3 times now.

My cats love that I am home. Cats! Yes, four cats. The oldest is almost 6, the tabby siblings are almost 4 and my baby turns 10 months tomorrow. The baby "Tiki" loves to help me when I exercise. Stretches and abs are his favorite. As for getting his licks in, he does that to my hair when I'm doing crunches and like forms of exercises. By then it is dripping wet! Crazy cat!

Today I did Basic Step, Stability Ball abs and #3 of Total Body Stretching. That number 3 was excellent. And remember I am not of fan of stretching. Yesterdays "shovel max" had me feeling it in my low back so, #3 is excellent for lower back stretching. I am enjoying this active recovery week between meso 1 and 2. Printed off the meso 2 cards and was looking them over...oh boy! The weight increase...love the challenge. Am looking forward to it, but I'm not in a rush to get it started. Still enjoying this week way too much.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."

~Catchick
aka sister
aka Renee

Renee - Love that quote - I am quite inspired - and it is so true. who said it? Also - love the kitties as well. You have young ones and they must be playful and fun - do they all get along?

Janie - I thought you might create another Lurker check in - I almost asked you about it. You definitely should continue to bring together people through your positive influence. That is how we came to be.

Laura - opps -wanted to tell you that I'm so glad that Sophia is alright - that is really scary!!!

Was just checking to see if we are all "getting our licks in," checking in - so to speak.

Last edited:
Laura, Yes, I think those rep ranges are about right. But, I would do STS as is and use the 15 count. Use as heavy a weight to only do 15. Any more than that (for STS) would be a waste of energy. IMO. I only say that because I think using the guide in Oxygen Magazine they are using 3 sets, but in STS I believe we are using 4 sets. It makes a difference.

If it wasn't for the constant coughing and sitting straight up at night I'd feel fine. I took a full contact just now (I usually take less than that) to see if it will control the coughing. We'll see. I'm sure this will be over soon.

Renee, Do me a favor and make a snowman. Last year (very rare here in the Puget Sound area) I was able to make one. It was a lot of fun!

We have two cats, both rescued. Winkle is diabetic and has two shots a day. He is such a loving cat. Higgin, is a calico and very independent, but she has a great personality. Your Kitties all sound so wonderful. They sure can be crazy!

Love your routine today in your active recovery. You are gong to be surprised how great Meso 2 will have changed your body forever. It's another stepping stone from Meso 1 to get to Meso 3. Which is awesome. Your strength gains will be amazing!

Shoegal, Thanks for the check in and the vote of confidence to continue with a Lurkers group. I'm going to call it "Lurkers Invitation 2010". Tell us how MM went tonight.

Oh! I received the Brazil Butt Lift. So far I've viewed the first disc and I have to say, this is looking really good. The tried and true exercises are in place, and there are many new ones to challenge even the most advanced. So far I don't think my money is being waisted. Let you know on the other two discs in the set tomorrow, while I view them tonight.

Janie

Last edited:
Oh Janie! You have a diabetic cat. My soul kitty...the love of my life..."Noodles" was diabetic. He lived for 18 years, his last five were with diabetes. I gave him a shot twice a day too. I even checked his blood sugar with a One-Touch Ultra glucometer. I lost him two summers ago. I had to take a class and it was during that time that he passed. I was crushed. I still grieve his loss. I even talk to him everyday. His ashes are in a little kitty tin on my mantle. He gave me a sign that it was time for another "black boy". Last winter into spring I started looking at pet finder for a black male cat. Nothing spoke to me. On June 2, 2009 I was given a "sign". The guidance counselor at my school walked into the office and handed me a penny. She said something to the effect "pick up a penny, its good luck, pass it on it doubles." I replied "Oh, you know what finding a penny really means don't you?" She looked at me shrugging..."no." I said, "Well there's a saying that when you find a penny it is your deceased pet looking down from above, saying hello, I'm okay, and I'm waiting patiently for you here at the rainbow bridge." The guidance counselor then asked me " you wouldn't happen to want another cat, would you?" And I smiled and said "I have some criteria to be met, but yes, I do want another cat." She asked what my criteria was and I told her it had to be black and it had to be a boy, and that I preferred long hair. She said " I think I may have what you are looking for except the hair may be short." Oh, no, then probably, not, thanks. But I held that penny in my hand, and I thought...this is the one. I gotta take that kitten...and I did! That same day, her daughter brought him to school and he was perfect. I was so happy I cried, this was the kitten I had been waiting for. A boy, black, but not long haired at all. And it didn't matter. This kitty was meant to be mine, Noodles made sure that I knew that too, with the penny. Now, my 3 other cats have candy names: Reeses, Snickers and Skittles. I was trying to find a "food" name for him too, but nothing was ringing a bell. I asked the girl what she had been calling him, and she replied "Tiki". And it struck a chord in me. A major chord. It sounded right, it felt right. And now I have a "Tiki" in the house! He turns 10 months old tomorrow. He shares a birthday with my mom. I got him when he was exactly two month old. He is a joy, and I love him to pieces. My other three cats accepted him surprisingly well. I have two boys and two girls. Equilibrium! Cherish every moment with your little beasties. They are gift. I am so blessed with my little furry family of cats. And I know you are too!

~Catchick
aka Renee

Hi all, just wanted you to know I did find the thread :) It's a paperwork day,and I have to go back to even more :mad::mad::mad: But thank goodness for Cathe and Shock Cardio HIIT. I really wanted to up the intensity, and literally had only 35 minutes plus another five to write this email. 30 minutes of fun with the Double Wave Pyramid was exactly right!

And now back to the grindstone. :mad:

Renee, I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. They seem to tug at our hearts, don't they? I feel Noodles (what a cute name) will be with you as long as you want. I too will remember my Molly for a long time to come. I thought about cremation for her, but decided that it was best to put her into the ground. I can still visit, since she is with us close by our house.

What a beautiful story about Noodles picking another kitty for you. It doesn't surprise me that they may do that. I'm listening to Molly when I should get another doggie. I'll know when it's time.

Tiki may not be a candy name but, here is what Wikepedia has to say about Tiki:

Tiki
refers to large wood and stone carvings of humanoid forms in Central Eastern Polynesian cultures of the Pacific Ocean. The term is also used as it relates to Māori mythology where Tiki is the first man. In Māori usage, the word 'tiki' is the name given to large wooden carvings in roughly human shape. The carvings often serve to mark the boundaries of sacred or significant sites. In Māori mythology Tiki is the first man, created by either Tūmatauenga or Tāne. He found the first woman, Marikoriko, in a pond. She seduced him and he became the father of Hine-kau-ataata.

Enjoy your little balls of fur, I believe they are gifts as well.

Deborah, Glad you came up for air! Great job on that HIIT cardio and the Double Wave Pyramid. It must have been grueling. Wow!

Hope you get through all that paperwork, and enough time to catch up on some restful sleep. You deserve it.

Janie

Howdy! Well I got my licks in for sure today!

had my 3 classes and I really worked myself!:p;):D I have to say I did a ton of pushups in 2 of my classes, and they felt PROFOUNDLY different to me than before. I was SO MUCH stronger feeling in them it was really cool:cool::cool::cool: So excited....must be all those pushups in P90X and now in STS Meso 1 finally, finally making a difference..those were slow coming but really psyched now!

Thanks Michelle for starting the thread and our new identity of non-lurkers!

Shoegal: that's what I was thinking of Jari Love! and those were super long reps and low weights right? I am also beginning to feel those twinges of 'age', my knees felt tender tonight on the steps after my classes....didn't someone have a cute name for those aches and pains as we age some while back. Oh dear I hope my poor memory isn't another indication....:(;):rolleyes:It was some play off of the boomer generation name...anyway glad you found the roaming pup! Maggie gets the biggest snow balls in her feet, between her back legs, they have been so large on her low tummy she has to waddle! I am so thankful you are here to interject a little glamor into my very unglamorous life! You have made me realize my poor neglected feet and I have bought several new pair of boots since...it does make you feel, hmmm, sexy. confident. special. I really never appreciated the potential of a shoe. But I have to say you may have converted me. Now I even look at other people's foot wear....who knew??

Janie: I hope you inspire a new group of women to come together! {{{HUGS}}} Hope you are recovering. I am tempted to take a peak at the Lurker 2010 group....Let us know more about the Brazilian But Lift

Catchick: I have 3 kitty's. My old special girl Luna, who is getting long in the tooth, she is a quirky cat but has a special connection to me and no one else. White my first ever neutered male and fat cat who sleeps all day long. And Calie the best kitty every, she is almost more dog than cat, she is engaging, social, cuddle and curious. AND she is an underworld kitty which in our house means she likes to cuddle up to me at night under the blankets against my tummy... delicous! That is the most amazing story about your Tiki, isn't it wonderful when the signs are so clear and we actually follow our instincts!

Shadowpup: umm when you get a chance I really need to hear the story of the testosterone twins and the energizer bunny, I think I got that right....

To tell this story properly, I need to take you back to December, when I was in Hawaii. The hotel had a wonderfully luxurious workout space, very long and filled with top of the line equipment. One wall had about a half dozen cardio machines; three or four of them were ellipticals at one end, and treadmills at the other, with bikes in between. They all faced into mirrors on the wall. The back wall was split into two sections. The wallspace behind the elliptical had free weights and weight benches; the space behind the ellipticals had various Universal and other gym machines. All very new, very nice. I got into the habit of using it in the mornings around 6 am, well before my conference. Almost no one else was in there, so I could put my Cardio Coach intervals on, and have at it!

One morning, I got in a bit later than usual. It had been a long night with a working dinner, and we didn’t have any speakers I needed to hear until later, so I decided to sleep in til 7. Almost skipped the gym, but then I realized I’d have to admit it when I got home …. This time I had company. A young woman got there just before I did, and hopped on on the treadmill. She was dressed all in pink, wearing white ipod headphones, and seemed very nice. A little out of her element, perhaps, but who is really comfortable in a hotel gym? A pair of blond college age men swaggered in. They kind of glanced over at me, and the young woman, then went over to the free. Looked to me like brothers, perhaps twins. I went to the elliptical corner, put on my ipod with Coach Sean, and played the one about the Lion and the Gazelle … this time I decided I was the Lion :D By the end of that, I was an empowered sweaty mess. Decided to slip off my headphones and just walk for awhile, then decide on whether I was up for a strength workout.

I mentioned mirrors? While was waiting for my HR to go down I could see the twins in the reflection. Looked like they were pointing back in the direction of our cardio equipment. Maybe at me, maybe at the woman in pink … With my headphones off, I distinctly heard the words “Cardio Bunny”. Have you heard the phrase? It’s a rude label used by gung ho strength artistes to describe someone who is just hopping around a gym on cardio equipment without really getting anywhere or working too hard. Now it may be that they were not calling me the Bunny. Perhaps they were talking about my walking companion at the other end, based on where they were looking. Still, the remark rubbed me the wrong way … I hate it when people make fun of newbies; people who are doing their best deserve respect. Sneaking a peak in the mirror behind me and to the side, I could see the twins pretty clearly, and got an idea … not a high-minded idea … more of a mean spirited, childish one ... should just forget it … and then I heard that Cardio Bunny phrase again and while this time it was obvious it wasn’t me, clearly the young woman walker’s feelings were pretty hurt. Apparently these testosterone-ridden twins had been making comments all along, and she didn’t want to let them know it had gotten to her, but that was not sweat dripping down her face.

That settled it. Childish I would be.

I went over the the water fountain to survey my options. The twins clearly didn’t know that much about strength training. One would pick up a weight, do a bicep curl or some such with sloppy form, and flex in the mirror with it. There was no consistent rest period between lifts, no notebook to write down reps and weights … looked to me as though they’d pick up a weight and heft it a few times, then put it down when they felt tired. They’d been at it for an hour and the weights they were playing with seemed to have gotten much lighter. And they weren’t doing any lower body work at all.

Time to put plan into action. These six foot plus hefty (upper body) college kids were strutting like roosters, and working with the 30 pounders now. They pay no attention when I walk up by the edge of the dumbbell rack – til I picked out one 40 pounder. And another. And quietly did a warmup set of twelve squats with them, and another of fifteen, and replaced them both. Then walked to the open space in the center of the room, stretched, waited 45 seconds, and began drop sets. I started lower than usual because the point was to make everything look easy, so it was 12s to 8s to 4s. Deliberately went fast – that’s easier. By now the testosterone twins, challenged by a mere woman picking up a heavy weight, but they felt challenged enough they had moved up to 50s (max dumbbells they had in the room). The woman in pink was looking more cheerful. There was a lot of grunting. Sneaked a peek. The twins had dropped back down to 40s. Hah! I had them where I wanted them! Testosterone had pushed them into overdoing it.

My finale was this. I went back to the rack, tapped a 50 and asked a Twin very sweetly, “Mind if I use these?” The bigger twin sort of stuttered … “wha … are … sure?” I smiled, picked up the 50s one at a time, good form. (Realize that these are the weights they'd just abandoned for being too heavy). Carefully lined them up for stiff legged deadlifts. Did a set 100 x 6, no bouncing or posing. Stretched. Waited two minutes and did squats to give my lower back a rest – a set of 100s x 6. Looked at the twins, just standing there with their minds blown. Smiled, said “I’m sorry - did you want to work in? I don’t want to hog the good weights.” Got a wordless head shake back. Then I marked another two minutes rest, and did deadlifts 100x6 again. Repeated with squats. Decided I’d made my point, put the weights away, nodded to the twins, and stopped over to say goodbye to the now-beaming woman in the corner. We grinned, gave each other a high five and I left.

Of course, all of you have guessed that I only got away with my showoffy game because the Twins pretty clearly had not done leg work with free weights and had let themselves get worn out. They didn’t rest long enough between sets so the 50s felt pretty heavy to them, I’d bet, and starting out tired is not a good way to try to learn any kind of lift. Deadlifts with the big-ended dumbbells look a lot more impressive than they really are. They weren't wearing gloves - I'd bet the grip was giving out, too. And I was deliberately sandbagging – had been doing Meso 3 with much heavier weights and seven reps each, and had been careful to give myself enough rest to easily handle each set as opposed to pushing the limits :D My pushups in the middle were to rest my legs still more. But THEY didn’t know any of that, and they'd tried/failed to do a bunch of squats with a pair some scrawny female handled fairly easily.

The Testosterone Twins had just learned it is unwise to sneer at a Cardio Bunny; it might turn out to be a LION :)

And that is the story of the Cardio Bunny and the Testosterone Twins, and how I proved I can be just as childish as the next person. If sufficiently provoked ;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shadowpup - Terrific Story!!!! I absolutely loved it. I actually have never heard the term "Cardio Bunny" but I believe that I have seen one at a workout facility in a resort once. I dislike gyms for the reason of those testosterone twins - know-it-alls strutting around with superiority complexes. No one needs a ruling on how efficient or inefficient your workout is :mad::mad::mad: - you are right - that is just rude. I am happy you were there to put them in their place. High five from me too!!! ;):D Oh - I'm reading "The Sign of The Four" now. It is good - but I'm going to go back and reread some parts at lunch - while Holmes is unraveling the mystery I got lost and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I think sometimes when I read aloud I'm thinking about reading well and I'm not taking in all the information I need.

CatChick - wonderful story about your kitties. It is funny - I have a black boy too!! Shorthaired black cat I got some time ago - long time ago. He is about 18 yrs old now and has been an absolute joy and a perfect little man. Tiki sounds like he is heaven sent and meant for you. Someone in the office has a cat named Snickers as well. Those candy names are super cute - sounds like a great little family unit you have there!!!

Laura - Glad to see you are paying adequate attention to your feet!!! :D It helps to dress them up a little every now and then. Yes - Jari Love - low. low weights - high reps. I was shocked to see what she picked up actually. Super job on those push ups - my goodness I'm jealous - that is incredibly motivating. I have underworld dogs - they love sleeping under the covers -hog the bed big time too!!! I don't remember the term for those aches and pains - Oh - geeze - my mind is going too!!! I'm ready to go back and read our old check in to find out. Maybe Michelle remembers.

Janie - looks as if your new Lurker's check in took off!!! That is fantastic. So you like BBL??? I'm glad it is a good purchase - I like the name of those workouts - especially the "Bum Bum" one - they sound incredibly fun. How is the cold coming along - I was certain you had some sure fire quick helpful method to help recover from a cold - you know so much!!! Well - perhaps chicken soup is the best remedy.

Michelle - Ripken's check in is a success it seems. I got my licks in last night :) and did MM again. This time I did the express version - which knocks off some of the second sets. I did much better this time. Thank goodness - and it felt so good to work hard. Not sure what I'll tackle tonight - probably a step workout - or a Hiit Workout - I still need to do Double wave pyramid.

Happy Groudhog Day!!! Six more weeks of winter!!! Good thing too - Don't ya think Laura - need to get more skiing in!!

Last edited:
Boomeritis. That was the term coined by a sports doc in Philly for the aches and pains that seem to plague the workout-aholics from the Boomer generation. Mine seems to be in my right elbow. I tell people I have boomeritis and they just look at me like "uh huh--yup." They probably are thinking "what the heck is she talking about?"

Light cardio this morning: basic step, stability ball abs, and stretch routine 1 from stretch max. I'm beginning to see the magic in these active recovery weeks.

Janie: I see you have a new group of lurkers. That is great. I'm wondering how many check-in threads have grown out of your Lurker invitations? There is something magical about your outreach. I hope you keep up the yoga and stretching while you are getting over your cold. Maybe it will help chase those germs away. I called sister's cat the Noodle Man. He was a pretty good cat. Clearly, she is a cat person and I am a dog person, however, she does think Ripken is a pretty mellow dog.

Shadowpup: love the story. Wish I could have seen the faces of those young men. Hi 5s from Virginia on that one. Very sweet and very inspirational for the other woman in the workout room too. You really are a great story teller.

Laura and Shoegal: had a conversation with one of my female work colleagues about her shoes this morning. They were great little tan flats with rhinestones. She got them at DSW a couple of years ago. I clearly need to change the location of the DSW that I frequent because I can never find anything there. Maybe I just get overwhelmed. Have to admit, I am winter weary. And we are supposed to get more snow later today and then again Friday into Saturday. Ugh! I'm really just a southern gal at heart--give me heat and humidity over snow and cold any day.

Sister: I'm thinking LIS from 4DS tomorrow, some ab work, and a stretch. I've got to look at my notes on my STS Meso 1 worksheets to see if I need to make any adjustments. I know that the flat bench barbell tricep presses have to be changed. I was way over my head at 29 pounds in meso 1. I obviously put some crazy number in my 1RM test for that one.

Okay--break time is over.
~michelle

Still coughing so will do yoga again today. Also we might be going to the ocean tomorrow for a couple of days (here in Washington) just to enjoy our environment and getting away.

Laura, I just love your reaction about you being stronger. It's from a lot of hard work, and there you have it. Healthy, fit and feeling great about yourself. Congratulation. That's what it's all about. I'm so proud of you!

So far I have 7 people in the group, but of course half or more will leave in my experiences. But, hey, it's a good start. Peak in as often as you like, would love it. (((((hugs back to ya))))).

Deborah, Loved your story! You talk like it wasn't any big deal to handle such heavy weight. I immediately warmed up and did some squats with the 40 # dumbells. It was tough but I did it! But there is no way I could do dead lifts with 2 50# bells. No way.

I know, I know, that wasn't the point (but I had to try it anyway). The point was, to get those roosters (cocks) off the fence and back into a world where you just don't mock other people. I was so proud of you! You really put those two boys in there place. I say boys, because that's how they were acting, not like men at all. I hope they learned their lesson. You are amazing, and I felt so much better for the young woman who was trying to be fit. Yeah!

Shoegal, I do like BBL. Was reviewing the last two DVD's last night. Oh my, I can see where your butt could get very strong in deed. The only thing I didn't like about it was, they used a few very young, seemed like young teens in the background. Other than that, I feel that if people used these DVD's they could get the butt they have always wanted. They also are good with the ab work too. There is also a section of sculpting, for the upper part of the body as well. Will use these in-between rotations. These are advanced workouts for sure.

Still drinking chicken soup I'm afraid. Also took a whole contact and didn't have but maybe two coughs last night. But, for some reason I kept waking up. Why is that? Oh well. I'll be better soon.

Janie

I absolutely loved your story ShadowPup about the testosterone twins. What a splendid way to put those two in their place "nicely"!

Today I did LowMax, cardio only, no intervals. And the first two ab routines off of AB HiTS.
I was gonna throw in a stretch but opted out of that one for today. Probably tomorrow.

Central Virginia is getting more wintry weather. Its been a mix, but as I write, it is mainly snow at the moment. I was able to get out with my other sister (but not "sister" sister) today and get some much needed groceries. The back roads are still awful and wouldn't be surprised if school is once again cancelled. I have lots of fresh fruit, veggies and meat. And most importantly my Quaker Old-fashioned Oats. I know there has been a lot of talk of steel-cut oats, and I do eat those too, but I prefer my QOFO the most. I wish I could have gotten to GNC to stock up on my Whey Protein. Oh well, maybe I'll just order what I need online. I use Jay Robb Whey Protein, and like the flavor and the added 25 grams per serving of protein added into my diet. I have a feeling I'll be needing a lot of protein in meso 2.

Its Tiki's 10 month b-day, and I promised him I'd spend a lot of time with him. Gotta keep that promise...to a cat...yep!

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration. E. Esar

~Catchick65
aka Renee
aka Sister

I did find the thread! yea! Thank you for all the well wishes. I go to the Dr tomorrow and find out when I can get back to work and working out!

Will check in again tomorrow! have a great night!

Janie: a trip to the ocean sounds nice. The Pacific and Atlantic oceans are so different, plus they both vary by the North and South effects. Give me the southern Atlantic or Pacific most days of the week over the North. Those northern waters can be treacherous. Fun to watch the waves but not so much fun on a vessel.

I once was an observer on a Navy exercise aboard the Hospital Ship Mercy. My one experience on the water in the Pacific. That was back in 1995 and the Navy was relocating the Mercy from San Francisco to San Diego. So, I boarded the Mercy in Oakland, CA and debarked in San Diego. Leaving the San Francisco harbor on the hospital ship was pretty amazing. I'll never forget going under the San Francisco Bay Bridge--there were people lined up all the way across the bridge holding signs, cheering, and waving. It was quite a feeling. I wasn't actually aboard the ship when it came in to San Diego, I got to fly off by helicopter. THAT was not so much fun. All I wanted was for that helicopter to land and let me get off. It was extremely noisy (even with earplugs) and it shook big time. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a helicopter in bad weather, no thanks.

Ironlady: let us know what you learn from your doctor. How is your mobility? Can you sit up, comfortably yet?

No snow here in the northern part of Virginia. This snow is supposed to be more in the category of nuisance snow. I'm hoping we just get rain or nothing at all. I've got to brief a 3-star general tomorrow, so unless this turns into a major event, I'm going in to work regardless. WeeO!

~michelle

So woke up with some boomeritis in my right shoulder. UGH it is really bothering me now. I should have listened to my first inclination and not do the scheduled workout today for Chest,, Shoulders, and Biceps, but I didn't I did it.:mad::mad: My shoulder didn't hurt during the workout but it is worse now. It is quite a sharp pain....boo!:(:mad: I also had my pilates class and took a nice long hike with Maggie-pie.

Shadowpup:YEA! GO LIONESS! Great story! I am glad we got to hear it. I hope you really inspired the 'cardio bunny' and who knows where it may lead her...:eek: I had never heard that term before either.

Shoegal: you are exactly right! I REALLY need to get more skiing in! Luckily the week of Feb. 15h the girls have a winter break and we are going to stay home and ski our hearts out. Than my brother and family are coming out for a week of spring break and we will pretty much ski every day then as well. If I can get an additional 2 days in a week on the other weeks I think I can call it good for the season! :eek:

Michelle: I am feeling like I already need a rest week! This is pretty intense stuff. I have some crazy weights as well and I am thinking these are supposed to be our lighter weights! YEESH!

Janie: I couldn't help myself and took a peak over at the Lurkers, I didn't read them all but it looks like a nice group! I wonder about BBL, I already have a curvaceous booty I wonder if it would make it more so or tone it down?

Catchick: man send that weather over here! Do you have ski resorts in VA? Is Vermont getting the snow as well? If so there will be happy east coast skiers for sure! Glad you got to stock up for your clean eats.

Ironlady: hope the Dr visit goes well! Keep us informed.

Michelle: sounds like some pretty interesting experiences you have on the job!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.