Getting Back into the Game on Monday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Howdy gamers. How was everyone's weekend? Mine was boring. DH had to work Saturday, so DD and I cleaned the house. Sunday was cool and rainy, so everyone sat around and napped, watched TV or read. I did CCPP on Saturday. Sunday was a rest day, so I only did some ab work.

I got up early and did CLX Burn Circuit 1. I'm going to try to get some cardio done when I get home from work. The diet is still going along pretty well. I had a bit of a carb binge Saturday evening, but had no trouble getting back on board Sunday. The scale didn't seem to suffer.

Dana, how was the racing? DH thought it was early for drag racing. What did your son drive?

Mary, happy Monday.

Michele, I saw your happy post on the CCPP check-in. I hope things have started to turn around for you.

Jodi, bootcamp?

Diane, how was your date night?

We posted at the same time! Sounds like a relaxing weekend.

I am reposting here:

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am planning on getting 4DS with my 20% off coupon, I just haven't gotten it yet b/c I spent too much this weekend on stuff getting ready for the wedding (new dress, shoes, etc.). Two of the weddings were black tie and I didn't have something nice enough. The wedding this weekend was soooooo amazing. It was 600 people, the biggest and nicest wedding I've ever been to by far. They had a full gospel choir and an an opera singer at the church. And the reception was just amazing. I'm sure the whole thing cost more than my house.

Anyway, I didn't workout this weekend at all. I was planning on C&W this morning, but Dh and I stayed up past midnight worrying about whether to move Ella to another preschool and I was too tired this morning. So I am planning on doing something after work, not sure what I will have time for.

Does this rotation sound good to you?

2 days of bar/squeeze type workouts, 2 days Cathe circuit workout and 1 day Cathe cardio workout or run

I was going to start with circuit workouts for a few weeks, then move to full body high rep (ME, Muscle Max), then maybe 4DS, then heavier weight like Gym Style or Pure Strength. I am so weak right now and haven't lifted heavy weights in a while, so I though circuit workouts would be a good place to start and gradually move up. I would also continue to mix in Squeeze a couple times a week just b/c I like them.

I just saw this thread...saw Diane's first. I will also re-post here:

Hi Diane! Sounds good to me, but I'm not really an expert on this kind of thing. I usually just do whatever workout I feel like doing on any given day.

That wedding DOES sound amazing! I've never been to one that elaborate.

Went to my boot camp class this AM. Lots of shoulder work today. I'm sure I'll be feeling it later or tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Happy Monday, Mary!:)

And I will add a hello to Robin! Glad your eating is still going well. Sounds like your workouts are too! I did CCPP on Sunday...just couldn't get the motivation to do it on Saturday. I also hope that Michele's great job on CCPP means that things are turning around for her!

Hi ladies!!!

Diane - that looks good to me but what do I know. :p That wedding sounds amazing.

Robin - dragracing officially starts the weekend after Easter. Gabe drove a jr dragster and he wrecked it. I didn't go over to the track - just DH and Gabe went. DH said the first run he took he did OK, then awhile later he went again and that is when he wrecked the car. He was going too fast at the end of the track and when he tried to make the turn to get off the track he ended up in the trees. IMO, I think 41MPH is too fast for a 7 year old!!!! And that is the slow engine. I told Gabe I'm buying him a cross to hang in his car - maybe even one of those guardian angel things for the car too!!!! Good job with your eating plan. Mine was terrible!!! We ended up going to Perkins yesterday for supper and there isn't anything healthy there!!!

Jodi ~ another BC day for you. Glad you're enjoying them!

Mary ~ Happy MONDAY to you! :p :p :p

Last night's workout was STS #15 - back/biceps. Tonight will be some sort of cardio. It is too cold here to go out for a walk.

I'm really busy so I better get going.

O Happy Day!

Howdy gals!

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend, from napping and cleaning to extravegent weddings!!!! I think I would rather clean and nap than attend such a lavious event with a full choir and opera singer! I have never heard of anyone (other than maybe a celebrity) having such a wedding.

More importantly though Diane -- How was the food at the wedding!?!?! :D;) Diane, I think your rotation sounds good. I am like Jodi and just think about what I will do while in bed after hitting the snooze button the morning of my workout! Good luck!

Dana -- I think 41mph is fast for a 7 y/o too. He must be protected in the car right?!?!?! You sound like you weren't too upset by the crash? Were you?!

Robin -- Great job on the continued good eating! Your weekend sounds lovely to me :) A nap - priceless ;)

Jodi - I am very impressed with your boot camp! I am impressed you get up early and go somewhere with other people to workout! So you usually do them outside? I think you mentioned you did one inside last week?!

Michele -- It was so nice to hear from you! Just come by when you can. We love you either way! :)

It sounds like you are all up and going this beautiful Monday morning!!

I did CCPP on Saturday, nothing yesterday, and this morning 4DS Legs and abs. We had a fun, but busy weekend. We went bowling with some friends Saturday evening. Out of 4 adults and 7 children, a 9 y/o girl beat everyone!!!! She was amazing - I think her score was 145!!!!! :eek: I didn't even break 100. But that is no surprise.

Have a great day ladies!! (sorry for any typos!)

Mary - Oh man, the food at the wedding was ridiculous. They had 4 different stations of food, and it was all just a bunch of appetizers that you put together to make a meal. It wasn't a sit down dinner, the food was available when you got there and you can just come and go and get what you want. There was a fresh hand rolled sushi, dumpling and egg roll bar. There was a grits bar, which had southern grits with various toppings you could put on it - cheese, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, shrimp. There was a station that had mini burger sliders, mini pork burritos, crabcakes, and some other random appetizers. Then there was a bar with all sorts of salads, veggies, fruits and cheeses. I went back 4 times I think to be able to try a little bit of everything. And everything actually tasted good, which is hard to do for buffet food. Of course its was also open bar with any kind of drink you want, and about a million servers walking around bringing people drinks. I literally can't even understand spending this much for a party.

Diane, that wedding sounds amazing. But wow, I sure have to wonder about spending that kind of money, in today's economy, on one day. And I have to wonder if the marriage will last. Just being my old cynical self, I guess. Sorry about starting a second thread this morning. I looked and looked, and just didn't see yours.

I got home from work and did 4DS Boot Camp for some cardio. Whew. It is short, but sure is tough.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.