Getting Back in the Game - Weekend!

jodijodi

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Went to the doctor yesterday about my wrist. I have a ganglion cyst, which he attempted to puncture, but I'm not entirely convinced he did successfully. He thinks he did. At any rate, it apparently only works about 30% of the time. He recommends that I give it a couple of weeks to see if it goes away, and then if it's still a problem, he can go in and remove it for me. That procedure is almost always successful, but it's more invasive, with a longer recovery. So we'll see how it goes. Right now it does hurt a bit, probably from what he did yesterday, but not much more than before. I think I'll be able to go back to doing weights in a couple of days, but probably no pushups or planks for a while (putting weight on it while it's bent hurts, but if I hold it straight it doesn't hurt at all.) But maybe it's good to have an excuse not to do pushups or planks!:p

I did IMAX2 yesterday for IMAX Friday. I was very happy with how it went. Today I'm planning to do Squeeze, probably just lower body/abs. Even though the weights are light for upper body I'm not sure my wrist is ready. It's been a long time since I've done that workout; I'm not sure I remember it that well.

Diane - Hope your cold is better soon! I know what you mean about not being able to workout while all stuffed up. I hate that feeling.

Michele - I hope you're feeling better soon also! I hope you felt well enough to do step yesterday.

Robin - Your asparagus sandwiches sound great! It's making me hungry just reading the description! Hope you have fun this weekend on your trip!! I am also excited to meet Michele (and see you again too!) on the RT!

Dana - How are you liking STS? I've heard so many great things from people. I can't wait to start...hopefully DH and I can fix our injuries and get healthy enough to do it!! You should consider a Cathe RT, even if you're shy...there are enough of us extroverts who will walk up to anyone and start a conversation that you would still meet a lot of great people.

Mary - I wish I could sew. My mom used to sew from time to time, but I never really learned. I can sew on a button and hand stitch small holes, but I can't work a sewing machine. I'm sure my older DD would love to learn as well. My DH also likes swimming. He often works out at the gym, but it's nice when we can work out together at home.

Great job on the workouts ladies! And for those who are not feeling well, hope you're all better soon!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.