Getting Back in the Game Tuesday

dianet

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I was a no show yesterday b/c Ella had her 18 month doctors appt and got her shots, and also has an ear infection, so she was not so happy yesterday. My parents drove to Houston in the afternoon so that they could watch her while I did some work yesterday and also watch her today. She is in a better mood today, the antibiotics seem to be working.

This weekend's wedding was so great. It was small, probably 120 people or so, and all family and close friends. The reception was AMAZING! Great food, amazing band, and our table was just close friends so we had a good time. I even went out and danced some, even though I am not a big dancer, b/c the mood was so happy and everyone was dancing and I couldn't help myself. DH accidently spilled an entire glass of red wine on me at the end of the night, so that was the only bad thing.

As far as workouts, I did a bar type workout (Body Scuplt) on Saturday morning, and did a quickie workout in the hotel gym Sunday morning. Yesterday I didn't workout, but got 4DS in the mail and previewed the two step routines. This morning I did High Intensity Step and Back Chest. I was actually able to complete it b/c I was just standing there watching the step routine a good amount of the time! HOpefully next time I will get a better hang of it. I also can't believe how much lighter my weights are than Cathe's! Depressing. Even when I did Cathe workouts all the time I never matched her weight, but at least was pretty close. Now I usually divide what she is doing by 2 and that is what I use!!!

Do y'all think I need to preview the kickbox or bootcamp 4DS workouts? Usually those don't have fancy footwork but just wanted to check.

I will check back in later and see what everyone is up to.

ETA: Forgot to put earlier that my mom found out yesterday that she is diabetic (Type 2) and that my stepdad is prediabetic. They are both very overweight. My mom is very much in denial that it is caused from her bad eating habits and that this is a big deal. My stepdad just doesn't care enough to change his ways. I think my mom is going to try and eat healthier, but I don't think my stepdad really will. She ordered something healthy last night and didn't drink regular coke like usual. I just hope that at least my mom will realize that she really needs a lifelong change and won't just do a crash diet and then forget about it a week or month down the road.

Last edited:
Diane, your wedding sounds like so much fun. Except the spilled wine. LOL. Don't worry about lighter weights than Cathe. You'll catch up. I don't think you need to preview the kickbox or bootcamp workouts. I think the bootcamp is the hardest. Sorry about your mom and dad. My dad had diet-controlled diabetes which "cleared up" after he lost some weight. He died of pancreatic cancer and I always wondered if the diabetes was somehow related to his cancer.

I'm pretty pleased with myself. I just finished IMAX 2 on an 8 inch step. I haven't used 8 inches much since my knee surgery. I think finally getting some of this excess weight off has made more of a difference than just loose pants.

Hi! :)

Diane - Sorry to hear about your mom and step father. My mother has Type 2 diabetes, but has really taken great care in her diet and exercise. She started with meds to control her blood sugar and that just wasn't working after a while and now takes insulin. I think having a really supportive dr. and team to help you is critical. Does your mom have that? I really hope she does take this seriously. There are so many complications from being overweight and diabetes!! :( We have many family members with diabetes and I had it while pregnant -- it is so tough!

On a more positive note -- Awesome job on your workouts! I don't think you will need to preview 4DS bootcamp or kickbox. They are pretty simple in choreography, but not in intensity! Your heartrate will be sky high at times :eek: You'll love them! Don't worry about using lower weights than Cathe - that woman is amazing. She's like super woman in terms of what weights she uses!

Jodi -- your vacation sounds wonderful! The food sounds wonderful ;) Have fun!

Robin -- How are you today?

Dana -- Did you ask where I live to start my garden? I live in Oregon. I cannot plant all my seeds yet, but the early ones like peas and lettuce are great to start out now! Today is supposed to be another beautiful day -- high 60's. My girls and I bought some new plants and flowers over the weekend to plant today. They love that :)

Well, I didn't do Coremax yesterday. I did CCV6 and CM this morning. V6 is such a tough workout and I rode as hard as I could, especially on the first challenge! "You want better, you want more? Well, you're in charge of that" -- Coach Sean. I really enjoyed that encouragement this morning!

OH! I almost forgot to tell you ladies. I am running in a marathon relay this Saturday. :eek::eek::eek: I am only doing a 5k leg (although that will be enough for me!) on our team. I have never ran in a race of any kind before, so am excited and also a little scared!!! My DH is running a 10k leg. It will be fun for my DDs to be there cheering us all on.

I need to bake some bread today, so I must get myself moving.

Have a wonderful day all :D

Robin, we must have posted at the same time!

Speaking of super woman!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Robin! Imax2 on a 8 inch step! I am floored! I have a hard enough time doing it on a 6 inch step :eek: You are one amazing woman :)

Have a great day!

Hi from FL! It was sunny and nice today, but windy and cool. High of 71, I think. So no swimming for the kids today. Oh well. It's supposed to warm up more tomorrow...hoping to get to the beach sometime this week!

Kind of a rest day for me today; I walked with my SIL (not really as fast a pace as I would if I were walking for a workout, but it was a nice walk nonetheless), followed by Stretch Max (band). The stretch seems to have helped my legs that were still sore from B&G a couple of days ago.

Robin, WTG on IMAX2 on an 8" step!!! I don't even try to use 8" anymore...too much for me and I'm always worried I'm going to hurt myself. So glad that things are coming together so nicely for you!!

Diane, glad you had fun at the wedding (except for the wine incident)! And WTG on your workouts! Sorry to hear about your folks...I hope they are able to make some lifestyle changes to help with the disease. It's so tough when family has to go through something like this. I don't think you need to preview 4DS KB or BC. The choreography isn't as complicated as with the step workouts. Don't worry about your weights compared to Cathe's. I rarely use anything close to Cathe's weight...as Mary said, she's like superwoman!

Mary, WTG on CCV6. Good luck on your race!! I know you'll do great! Good luck to DH too!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.