Getting Back in the Game 3/5

dianet

Cathlete
Jodi - How fun that you and your DH workout together. Good luck at your appt tomorrow, I hope they find the answer.

Robin - Thinking of you and your DD and hoping all is going well.

Dana - I just realized I didn't respond to you before when you asked about work/Ella. I am back at the same firm as before but 3/4 time instead of full time so I can seen Ella in the afternoons. Ella is loving school, though she gets sick all the time now. Hopefully she will build up some immunity, and fast because I keep getting sick too.

Mary - LowMax with a medicine ball? I am a wimp and still don't do it with all the risers.

Michele - I would personally do the 3 month program just because I have never in my life completed an entire 1 month program, so 6 months seems so long.

I did a 30 min Squeeze workout last night and my buns and inner things are screaming today. I think I am just going to have to start working out at night, it is the only time I have enough energy. So I guess I will have to cut back on my TV watching in order to fit that in ;) I came down with Ella's cold yesterday and now I am feeling like total crud today. So I think I am just going to take it easy and go for a walk with Ella and maybe do some abs or pilates later today.

Good Morning!

Diane, you must be up early or in an easter time zone to always be ahead of everyone and getting our check-in started! Thank you! Good job on your workout. I am the opposite of you; I have NO energy in the evening. My DH and I took our DDs swimming last night and we were both slow moving and just tired. It wasn't even 8 pm yet! :eek: Don't you love when the gluts and inner thighs get DOMS! Maybe I do b/c those are my problem areas. LOL :D

Michele, thank you for the info on Cathe time. I tried to do what you said but still couldn't figure it out. I am not very computer savvy :confused: Oh well. I just sometimes think everyone is so much later than I am. I am on the west coast so a lot of ladies here are hours ahead of me. I am glad you are feeling good. Since I didn't see your post yesterday until later, I thought you were still not feeling well.

Oh! Almost forgot... I did MM push/pull and CM1 this morning. My back is really feeling it already. I love CM also, because it really gets my core/abs hurting. I always have a tighter feel to my core when it hurts. :p

My sewing class is today. I went to finish one of my pillowcases and realized I didn't have enough fabric to make a second for DH and the trim piece for mine. So I had to run to the fabric store (none close by :mad:) and then come home wash and dry it. I will have to finish both of them during class today. I hope they end up fitting my pillows!!!! My DDs ended up not getting as much schooling (well, book schooling) in yesterday due to our change of plans. But, this is the bonus of homeschooling ;)

Have a great day to those who follow!

I tried to edit my post, but cannot seem to figure that out either! :confused:

Diane, I just wanted to make sure you don't think I did LM with a medball ---that was Robin who did that!!!!:eek: I cannot imagine using one!

Hi ladies! I was at a meeting all morning and boy was it BORING!!!! At one point I looked over and there was a lady sleeping. Seriously, she was asleep!!! LOL

Diane - good for you for getting in your workout! That is great that you were able to go back to work but not having to put in the hours you did. I remember how hard you were working when you were pregnant.

Mary - I haven't done MM PP in awhile but I really like that workout. Especially when you don't have an entire hour to workout. Good job!!! So do you have to take a finished product to your sewing class? If so, did you finish it? I think you said that your DD was already done w/hers?

Michele - I'm going to echo what the others said about choosing a 3 month rotation. I have problems following a rotation so I know I could not do a 6 monther. Although, I know that you'd have no problems following the 6-monther, you ROCK!!! So what are you up to today?

Robin - my parent/teacher conference went well, thanks for asking. The teacher that Gabe has this year is so much better then the one he had last year. She has done a lot in regards to his ADHD - she follows through with things and she is always trying new things with him. For example, he was always "losing" his pencil, then he'd get up and distract the class by either looking for the lost pencil, go up to the teacher's desk to get a new pencil, etc. She has put velcro on his pencil and a piece of velcro on his desk and now he always (well almost always) knows where his pencil is. I'm very pleased this year. How were your meetings last night? I hope that things have calmed down some for you.

Jodi - How are you today? Were you able to get in to see the doctor? Your workout yesterday sounds like a fun one.

I didn't get in a workout last night. I could have though - I could've taken a walk. Instead, I sat in the car while my son was at his class and read Twilight. One of my co-workers lent me the book. I started it on Tuesday and I'm about 3/4 done with it. Have any of you read it?

Tonight's workout is Disk #8 - back/triceps. I''m looking forward to that. I really enjoyed last weekds back/triceps workout.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Dana - Yes, I have read Twilight and the 2nd and 3rd book too. I still haven't read the 4th book and haven't seen the movie yet either. I think the first book was the best and then it sort of lost steam after that. Even though it is written for teens, the theme of forbidden love translates to women of all age groups. ;) My SIL and I were always joking that we wanted us some vampire love too while we were reading it. I'm glad Gabe new teacher is better than the last.

Robin - Sorry not to give you teh credit for LM with a med ball. Kudos to you.

Howdy, game-getter-back-intoers!

Diane, I'm happy to hear Ella enjoys school. How long is she there? My DGS goes to the sitter for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. We've been lucky this year. He hasn't brought home any illnesses.

Dana, that is great about Gabe's teacher this year. I love the velcro idea. How old is Gannon now? When does he start school? I haven't read Twilight yet, but have been meaning to.

Mary, I assume from your post that you home school. My hat is off to you. I admire anyone able and willing to take on that chore. I couldn't do it. How was sewing class? Do the pillowcases fit?

Michele, Jodi. Where are you guys? I thought I'd be the last one here. I visited my MIL after work. She is 92 and broke her hip close to Valentine's Day. She's in a nursing home now, for rehab. As the nurse put it, "She's not very motivated." I think my MIL hates exercise more than the Haters. She's still kind of confused and foggy, since her hip replacement surgery. I'm not sure she's going to ever move out of the nursing home. After the visit, I did the grocery shopping, then home for PUB. DH and I had a delish veggie dinner. Now it's time to head to bed with a book. See you all tomorrow. Night.

Whoo hoo! I just made my road trip reservation. How about you, Michele? Jodi? Are any of the rest of you going?

Hi everyone! Took a rest day today...I think my lunch didn't agree with me. Going to the doctor tomorrow for my wrist. Hope he can fix it!

Sorry about the lack of personals; gotta get the kids ready for bed soon, so I only have a few minutes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.