Getting Back in the Game 3/19

dianet

Cathlete
I can't believe I am always the first one here. So fun, I am usually always late.

I am super busy at work today so cant' say much big HELLO!

Where is Michele???

I got a new workout in the mail yesterday called Tracy Anderson method. Same sort of stuff as Bar Method/Squeeze but a bit more dancy/ballet inspired. I have heard from reviews that the results are amazing, but her instruction is lacking. I literally couldn't even believe how bad the instruction was!! Literally she just does the moves in silence, without explanation of each move or even notice we are moving on to the next move. For example, you will be doing a standing forward bend (so head is upside down and facing opposite of the tv screen) and she will just transition to another exercise without saying a word. And she only does like 5 or so reps of each thing so you just have to crane you neck and watch her the whole time. Sheer craziness. BUT...it was difficult and I guess I would get to know the routine after a couple times.

Good afternoon Diane & everyone else. That DVD does not sound like something I would enjoy. Good luck with memorizing it. :p

My workout for tonight is STS #12. That will complete Mesocycle 1. I wish I had more time for cardio on non-STS days. I'm sure that would really give me results.

Tonight is my son's 1st baseball practice. So I gotta rush home to pick him up from daycare, only to turn around and go right back. My DH better be home to watch Gannon. There is a parents' meeting before practice and I won't be able to listen if I have to chase after him. :mad:

What are you all up to today?

Hi gamers. I'm home sick again. And I already called in for tomorrow. My chest hurts from coughing. Greyor is home with me too. We're on our third viewing of Elmo in Grouchland.

Diane, that workout sounds awful. It's hard, after working out with Cathe's excellent cueing for years. I think Michele has been super busy trying to catch up with all the chores that got missed while her FIL was ill. I hope we see her soon.

Dana, good for you completing Meso 1. Do you have CTX? Maybe the shorter cardio workouts on that series would fit better for you. 30 minutes is better than none, right?

No workout today, due to illness. I hope to be able to do CLX Burn circuit 3 tomorrow. Of course, I was puffing so hard with circuit 2 yesterday, it was more like a cardio workout than weights. We'll see.

Robin, so sorry you're still sick. Hope you're feeling better soon! (And Greyor too!)

Diane, I agree about that workout. It is a pet peeve of mine when instructors don't take into account that you can't see the TV when you do certain moves. Grrr.

Dana, congrats on finishing Meso 1! I can't wait to get started.

I was a slug today...no workout. I think I ate too many Girl Scout cookies, and ended up feeling too full to do much.:eek: Yikes. I think I will talk hubby into doing some DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) later. At least it will be moving around and burning a few calories. And I did walk my DS home from school, so that's something. Boot Camp tomorrow AM!

I did get a bunch of important stuff done today, so the day wasn't a total loss.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.