Getting Back in the Game - 3/17

dianet

Cathlete
Thanks everyone for not making me feel so bad. My DH is kinda a freak about food so he always makes a big deal about if we had a weekend where we ate a lot.

Mary - I wish I loved Mondays too. I haven't been rollerskating in forever.

Jodi - I'm glad you are liking the bootcamp so far. Always good to mix things up.

Michele - What is on your to do list today?

Robin - Thanks for the deep thoughts :) I hope you don't get a full blown cold. Are you taking Zicam? That sometimes helps me if I take it in the beginning.

Yesterday I ended up coming home from work earlier than I thought and I had my new Squeeze Stronger and Squeeze Lower Body Challenge workouts waiting for me in the mail. I did the lower body workout but was a little disappointed because it kept skipping. I didn't do the whole thing b/c it was too annoying. I will have to get a replacement dvd. So I did some abs from the Squeeze Stronger to finish up. My thighs are feeling it today, I think it was the split lunge on tip toe that got me. I previewed some of the Squeeze Stronger and it looks hard. It is a little more like a traditional weight workout during parts of it, but you just focus more on squeezing the muscle I guess.

Happy St Paddy's day, gamers.

Diane, does your DH workout too? My DH lifts and steps, but he loves to eat, like I do.

My cold kept me up half the night coughing, so I called in sick. It didn't stop me from doing a little cardio though. I modified my way thorough Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2. Believe me, it was anything but high intensity. I felt fine till I was done. Then I started coughing. Must have loosened everything up.

Dana, where are you, sweet mama?

Michele, you never got back yesterday. :(

Hi to Mary and Jodi. What's going on today?

I'm headed to the couch with a fresh cup of coffee. Taa for now.

Good Morning!

I didn't get up early enough, so I grabbed CCV1 and gave it my all and got in a good workout on my bike. Yea! My girls are w/Grandma working on their hand stitching so in between shopping and working on my taxes I might try to squeeze in a short weight workout or maybe even another round of CC??!?!?!

My DH is crazy!! Crazy I say :eek: He wasn't able to sleep well last night and finally at 2 am did what any normal person does when they cannot sleep --- he went for a run!! Is this just plain crazy to any of you!?!?! Our alarm went off at 5 am for him to get up and run before meeting other men for b-fast at 6am, but he said he already went, took out the trash and took a shower!!!

Diane - Great job getting a workout in. Wow, that is a bummer to have a bad disc. The delay (of getting a replacement) and the annoying-ness of having all those skips, -- that stuff drives me batty. Does your DH watch what he eats?

Robin - You are a trooper! Take it easy and get some rest :)

Michele, Jodi, Dana - How are you? Give us an update!

Oh, my eating wasn't the greatest yesterday. I had made some frito/pretzel, p. butter/chocolate candy stuff to give to some friends, but kept a little for us. Well I polished it off yesterday afternoon. I just wanted more and more chocolate!!!! It could have been worse, but still :eek:

Have a great day all!

Hi ladies!

Robin - here I am. I'm just a big old grump. It is that time of the month, I'm moody, I've got a headache, blah, blah, blah!!!! Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. At least you were able to take the day off and get some rest!

Mary - what is this I hear? That you love Monday's? Woman are you crazy???? That's like saying that I love cardio!!!!!

Jodi - glad your BC class went well!

Diane - that sucks that your new DVD won't work.

Michele - Hey you!

To add to my grumpiness, I"m 2 workouts behind in STS. Today was supposed to be my rest week. I dunno how I'm gonna see any results w/this since my workouts are so sporadic. Grr!!!!

OK so I missed 2 workouts, but I did read all of the books in the Twilight Series. I finished 2 this weekend. Now what do I do???? Ha!

Have a great day ladies!

Mary, I'm LOL and shaking my head at your DH. Who gets up when they can't sleep and RUNS?!?!? My DH will strap on his head lamp and read. I'll toss and turn. But never, in my wildest dreams, would I think of getting up and working out.

A friend with more money than I is consulting a personal trainer. She has been gracious enough to share her meal plans, so I'm really getting back into the game now. I had a small, grilled chicken breast, brown rice and a small salad for lunch. I'll have an apple for a snack in an hour or so. You eat every two hours on this plan. I like that idea. I could eat all day, given the opportunity.

Dana - Did you like the last Twilight book? I haven't read it yet. Sorry so grumpy, I'm the same way. Even worse now after having a baby.

Mary - Your DH sounds crazier than mine running in the middle of the night. My DH was supposed to go to a 6 am breasfast this morning too, but slept in.

Robin - So cool your DH likes step. Yes, DH is sort of strict about food. He is super disciplined and if he sets his mind on something will do it no matter what. An all or nothing personality. It is good he is that way because it makes me always fix healthy meals at home. I know a lot of people have a hard time losing weight b/c their DH doesn't want healthy food for dinner, and I have the opposite. DH runs and lifts weights at a gym, but I think most people think he is too skinny.

Collage already sent out a new dvd, so hopefully I will get my replacement soon.

Hiya!

Just checking back in! I just got home from the grocery store and my mom is on her way to go to Costco with me. Her 65th b-day is Friday and she loves Salmon, so that is what we are after :D While I'm waiting I am making yogurt - any of you tried this? Just using milk? For lunch (because it isn't quite noon here) I am re-heating some brown rice and beans and will top it off w/some salsa :p

Diane - that is so funny your DH had a 6 am breakfast also. Mine made it to his, although I somehow didn't reset our alarm but reset the clock! My DH eats pretty well, but has diabetes and that sometimes reers it's ugly low-blood-sugar head and DH has to eat something to get his blood sugar up.

Robin - that is cool your DH steps! My DH used my step this morning to stretch our his knee (and legs). He is having some knee pain in his joints.

Dana -- again posting at the same time. Too funny :D Glad to see you!

Adios! Gotta run and eat . Too bad there is no little waving smiley like the CC forum had. Imagine him here :)

DH steps, but he doesn't follow any videos. He pops in a movie he wants to watch or a Seinfeld episode and just steps to his own drummer.

Diane, DH used to be a runner, till his knees gave out. He's so jealous of anyone who can run now.

Dana, {{hugs}} Sorry you are a grumpy gus and have nothing to read.

Michele, Michele? (Sounds of echoes....)

Hi everyone! I have a hectic late afternoon/early evening planned today, so I got my workout done early today...feels so weird to be a morning exerciser lately! I did Muscle Max upper body. I'm already feeling DOMS in my shoulders. And my legs are sore from yesterdays Boot Camp...I feel like I'm sore all the time these days!

My DH eats better than I do, but he definitely enjoys his treats too. He is good about eating lots of fruits and veggies, though. Even if he's eating pizza, he will cut up raw veggies to go along with it. He works out by swimming and lifting weights usually. I think his rib is just about healed, yay! Hopefully he can get some 1RMs done so we can start STS. (Although I'm not sure how I'll work it in with this bootcamp.)

Diane, sorry to hear that you got a bum disc. Collage is great about replacing things, though. I had a problem with KPC, and they replaced it super quickly.

Robin, sorry about your cough! It often happens to me at the tail end of a cold that I'm okay while working out, and then as soon as I finish, I cough my head off! Like you said, it must loosen everything up! Hope you're feeling better soon!!! And WTG on your eating!

Mary, I can't believe your DH went for a run when he couldn't sleep!!:eek: I usually just toss and turn. Sometimes I go out to the couch so I don't wake my DH. For a little while I was trying to do Stretch Max routines in the family room from memory. I didn't want to turn on the tv and wake anyone up, so I just tried to do what I could remember. It seemed to help, but lately I've been too lazy to try it again. I so sympathize with you on the chocolate...I've been craving it like crazy lately too!!

Dana, sorry you're feeling grumpy. (((hugs))) I'm not sure what the best thing to do about missing STS workouts is. I guess just do them in the next couple of days and shorten your rest week a bit? Maybe someone over in the STS forum can help you decide what to do. Congrats on finishing the Twilight series. I may give it a try at some point, but my DD doesn't want me to.

Hi Michele, hope the to do list is shrinking quickly!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.