Getting Back in the Game - 3/10

jodijodi

Cathlete
Hi all! Got my workout done early today (well, early for me, anyway). Did the cardio premix from LIC.

I am being wishy-washy about a boot camp class that a friend set up with a trainer near here. She asked if there was interest among the moms in the neighborhood for a 10:00 boot camp class. I said yes, but that was before my wrist and knee were bugging me. I can take a sample class for free tomorrow at 6AM (that is really early for me to work out!!!) to decide, but I'm not very excited about getting up that early. The class seems like a good deal: $144 for 3 classes per week for 6 weeks. Even if I don't make it to all of the classes, it isn't much per class.

So I'm thinking I should just suck it up and try it tomorrow AM and then make my decision based on that. I've never done something like that, and it could be fun to workout with friends. (But we'll see what I do when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning!)

I don't have any new personals to post since I posted last night...hope everyone is having a great day!!

Good afternoon ladies!

Jodi ~ good job on getting your workout done already. Now you've got the rest of the day to do nothing. LOL I think you should go and tryout the Bootcamp class before you commit to it. Have fun. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow at 6:30. :p You'll be sweating away and I'll be getting the kids ready for school/daycare. Let us know how you like it. I'm really liking the Twilight series. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them, b/c like you, I was wondering what all the hype was. My friend's 13 year-old daughter loved Twilight but said she could barely get through the 2nd book.

Mary ~ I put the book down at 10:05 to be exact. LOL Good job with your eating. You're doing great! What did you make for dinner last night? Never heard of them.

Robin ~ is tonight the brisket dinner? Your dinners always sound so yummy.

Diane ~ what are your workout plans for today?

I just took a 2-mile walk during my lunch and then tonight I'm going to do STS disk 10 - which will of course include more pushups!:confused: I did not care for the leg conditioning drills w/the paper plates at the end of last night's workout. It was so frustrating b/c I couldn't do them and I felt like I was wasting valuable workout time.

Michele said to let you all know that she's got some stuff to do today but will try to check in later.

Have a great rest of the day ladies!

Good Morning! (at least it is still morning where I am!)

Hi Jodi! I'm sorry your wrist isn't feeling better, YET! I hope you don't have to wait and still go back to the dr. I cannot imagine having someone smack my wrist with a heavy book (bible) and not breaking my arm, wrist and hand! :eek: Thank God for modern medicine!!! I think you should try the boot camp class tomorrow morning. At least to just see if you want to do it. I usually get up at 6am to workout, but I just walk to my garage. I don't think I would go anywhere to workout that early! Let us know what you decide :) Happy belated birthday to your DH!

I did CCV7 this morning on my bike (on trainer). It was a toughy :eek: Near the end of challenge 2 you can hear some sirens in the background -- they were for me - LOL :D I needed an ambulance about that time. I kept going though, because Coach Sean kept telling me I could do it ;). I even did challenge 3 two times! I really gave it my all and it felt great when I finished.

Robin -- good luck with your dinner tonight!

Diane, Dana and Michele -- how are you?! Can't wait to hear what you are up to.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies,

I got a late start on the computer today, I was busy at work this morning. I didn't workout at all yesterday and I'm not sure what I am going to do today, maybe a jog after work. I am still trying to figure out a time to workout, I am not a morning person and just won't wake up in the morning. But I am too tired after dinner to workout and just want to laze around and watch tv. How do you do it Dana? You work out at night right?

Jodi - sorry your wrist is still not feeling well. That is a pretty good price for a bootcamp, but I would check it out first and see if you like it. I was thinking lately that I would do a bootcamp class because I could get home before Ella even wake up, but then again, I would never wake up for it.

Dana - I wish I had a good book to read right now. I love being all excited about a book and staying up reading it. All the books I have read lately are just "so so."

Dana! I think we post about the same time every day!!! How funny :D

Good job putting the book down and getting a good night's rest. ;) My dinner last night was like soft tacos using carnita meat -- pork. It isn't the best for you, but it sure tastes good!!!! And isn't that bad as long as you don't pig out!! I get mine from Costco, so all you have to do is heat it up. Then we put some in corn tortillas, with beans, rice, cilantro, guacomole, plenty of fresh lime juice, fresh salsa, lettuce... usually way to much to fit in that little tortilla, LOL! So easy to make and so yummy to eat. We moved into a small town that has a large Hispanic population almost two years ago and I am finding I cook a lot more Mexican style meals now. I even made tamales a month or so ago and although they didn't look very good, they sure tasted good :D:D

Have a great day!

Good afternoon all. Crap! I just had to pay to get a spyware virus removed from my computer. Insidious little critter.

Jodi, I'd check out the boot camp, even if you don't think you'll end up doing it. You may be surprised. I love getting my workout done first thing in the morning. I rarely do though, since I have to get up at 4:45 just to get to work. If I didn't have to be to work so early, I'd fit my workout in before instead of after.

Dana, yeah, the brisket is in the oven baking now. Low and slow is what the lady at the butcher shop said. I hope it turns out good. I made a sweet potato pie for dessert, but told my DH to pick up some ice cream too, in case our company doesn't care for the pie.

Mary, we had tacos last night too, but just with regular old hamburger and Old ElPaso mix. The brisket recipe I'm using is from a Mexican cookbook. I'm making a pilaf from the same cookbook.

Diane, I think finding the right time to workout is the key. I've managed pretty well with fitting it in sometime after work, but before dinner. If I'm going to have to miss it due to some other obligation, I'll either get up early or just call that day my rest day. I try not to have more than one rest day per week, but realistically, I probably average closer to two.

Michele, where are you, sweet pea? LOL, I typed sweat pea first. Maybe that is more fitting.

Hello my friends!!

I've been trying to get caught up on stuff around here. I have an overwhelming amount of crap that never dealt with while my DFIL was sick. I have copious to-do lists scrawled out on post-it notes stuck to the trim around my computer monitor full of things I need to accomplish -- UGH!!!

And I've had the most awful cough!! I can't get rid of it! I've had a bad chest and head cold for several days now, and the cough is probably owing to the post nasal drip with gallons of snot sliding down the back of my throat (do you like them visuals? -- LOL!!!).

I have CCV2 on tap for today. I planned to do the workout around 10 this morning but my headphones were dead :mad:. I bought wireless headphones a few months ago which I LOVE, but I keep forgetting to charge them :eek:. I've been doing that with my iPod lately, too -- its SO frustrating!!! My headset is probably ready so I'm going TRY to get my workout done BEFORE dinner. I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete the workout with this cough but I at least want to try.

I'm so sore from my workout yesterday! I did the first STS workout -- chest, shoulders, and biceps -- and let me tell you, my arms and shoulders are fried!! They feel so heavy today -- I can barely lift them over my head! I posted a thread in Ask Cathe about it and the Lone Star Renegade struck and gave it a 1 star rating -- LOL!!!!! I thought it was cute! I just asked if Cathe would come over and comb my hair because I couldn't hold my arms up long enough it do it myself.

Alright, enough about me!! I haven't read yesterdays thread yet but I'll attempt personals anyway.

Jodi - ^^^ 5's for getting your workout done early!! I'm in complete agreement with everyone else about the bootcamp but, having said that, I personally would probably never get up that early to work out. I wish I could, but I need to be up awhile, eat, and have my coffee before I can function. But then, I'm as old as Moses, too -- LOL!!!

Dana! - You and I have already talked to I'm blowing you off -- LOL!!! Thank you for passing my messge along. I hope you have a great workout tonight and let me know how many push ups there are -- UGH! :*

Mary - I got your PM -- thank you :). Your dinner sounds YUMMY! I love Volume 7, too! I just really like the music in that one -- it makes me want to dance! I need to start using my bike. It's all set up but I haven't had the oomph I need to ride it :confused: . I'm going to start by doing one CC challenge on it per workout, and then gradually progress until I can do a whole workout on the bike.

Diane - I know what you mean about feeling too tired to workout after dinner. I am SUCH a procrastinator and I often put off doing a workout until after dinner, and then I just drag my butt through the moves. It's pathetic. I'm working on time efficiency, as well as trying to work on my body. I just have too! I don't have your excuse either -- I don't have a job and a toddler to chase around.:eek:

Robin - So, what time is dinner!? OMG brisket sounds SO delicious! I'm sure it will come out great. I've made it before and it's so easy -- and your method is exactly right -- long and slow on low heat. I think I used an Emeril recipe... or was that for pulled pork... I can't remember. Sorry about your spyware thing. that totally sucks! :mad:

Okily dokily -- I better run. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the grocery store first and then do my workout, or should I do my workout and then go to the store? Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
Thanks for the thought's on the Boot Camp, everyone. At least only the trial class is that early...the real class will be at a much more decent hour.

Michele, I thought your thread was funny! I guess some people have no sense of humor. Hope your cough is gone soon!

OMG, the brisket was wonderful. Now if only it didn't take 5 hours! The sweet potato pie was good too. I can almost fool myself that it was good for me too. Almost.

Michele, I hope your cough and to do lists clear up soon. LOL at the Lone Star rating. I finally got my Burn DVD from my friend, so I can start Chalean next week. It got delivered to my front door, which no one ever uses. Then it must have blown into the bushes, cause that's where I found it when I thought to look there this afternoon.

I have to go do some digesting. We all ate way to much. See you tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.