Getting Back in the Game

dianet

Cathlete
Where is everyone?

I had a busy weekend with the wedding and being out of town, actually glad to be back at work and have some normal schedule. Ella did great at the wedding and napped well in the hotel room, so went as good as it could have. Except that it rained like crazy on the wedding day and the wedding was in sort of an attrium, so all glass enclosed so you were sort of inside the storm. There was lightening and thunder all during the ceremony, not really what they were hoping for.

I don't think i have done a workout since like Monday or Tues of last week. Not to mention I ate horrible this weekend. I am so off my morning workout schedule that when I heard the alarm go off this morning early, I thought to myself "why in the world would the alarm go off so early" forgetting it was even for my workout and just turned off the alarm. Hopefully I can doing something this afternoon, maybe a run, and then maybe the legs from 4DS Kickbox when DH gets home, which I still have never done!!

How was everyone's weekend? Get any workouts in?

Good Morning Diane! (and others to come I hope!) Your wedding sounds neat; although the bride and groom might not have thought so! You sure go to a lot of weddings. I cannot imagine working and having a young one and getting regular workouts in all the time - just keep at it!

I have not been on Cathe since I think last Tuesday! :eek: My DH didn't work much last week and was home more, which throws off the girls and my schedule (to say the least.)

Yesterday was just like a summer day here! I did yard work for hours in the sun, even got some color on my face and arms!!!!! I needed our pool up to cool off :p My girls played in the hose and got soaked! They had so much fun; it makes me so excited for our summer days of playing and working in the yard and swimming with friends!!!

I did KPC this morning and my DD7 was trying to do the kicking and punching combos with me and was so funny to watch. Her arms and legs were all over the place :D Then she tried to do the stability ball abs after I finished and I was afraid she was going to hurt herself.

I think I am going to order the Gym Style upper body DVDs this week w/my 20% discount! I am finally (FINALLY!!) starting to see some real definition in my upper body. I can hardly believe it! I am hoping the Gym Styles will help get my arms really popping out!! Yea? or Nay? I'm think Yea!!!! :D

See you later gators!

I like the Gym Styles a lot - I only hope I can one day complete the push ups on the chest workout. I remember there being some mixed reviews when it first came out, but I like them. That is what I am planning doing next if I ever finish a rotation of the 4DS.

Hello ladies. I haven't posted in our thread for quite some time. I'm in such a funk lately. I hurt my back and I couldn't tell you the last time I worked out. My son and I were goofing around and I picked him up and somehow twisted my back. He weighs 73lbs and I'm used to acting silly with the 3 year old and I don't think I realized how heavy he was. I"m wondering what to do with STS. I'm in Meso 2, disc 17. But haven't done it for about 3 weeks.

Diane - I know you said that the bride & groom weren't thrilled with the weather but I think that sounds pretty cool. Glad to hear that Ella did great this weekend. Hope you can get a workout in today.

Mary - isn't it a hoot when your kids are doing Cathe? I crack up when my boys join me for workouts. We had a nice weekend here too. Not warm enough for swimming or anything like that, although my son & his friend dumped water all over each other at the races yesterday. Good job getting in your workout already. Mary, I love the GS workouts. I think that back/shoulders/biceps is one of my very fave Cathe workouts. I say Get Em!!!!

Today is my son's b-day, he's 8. Where has the time gone???? I made him a yellow cake w/raspberry icing. I have no idea what it is going to taste like. He requested raspberry icing and I couldn't find a recipe so I had to make one up. He's supposed to have a baseball game tonight but it has been raining all day. If his game is cancelled, we'll go out for dinner and to get him a bike.

I don't know when I'll be feeling like myself to workout again. Thursday I walked one mile and it took me 25 minutes. It normally takes me about 13 min to walk a mile.

Have a great day everyone! I'll check back later to see if anyone is around. It is slow at work today.

Hi all. Diane, I like your avatar. I hope it's new and not something I just haven't noticed!

I went for a 3.25 mile run on Saturday, after housework and laundry. Then DH and I went for a hike. We took a wrong turn and ended up hiking over 6 miles. Thank goodness Sunday was a rest day. I washed windows, which is a shoulder workout in my book!

Diane, I was going to get up early today too, but DH and I were up later than expected babysitting. I tossed and turned all night, so I'm hoping to fit some weight work from CLX in after work. I have a tooth cleaning too, so I'm not sure I'll have time for cardio, which should be a 3.5 mile run. It's raining, so I'll be happy to postpone the run until tomorrow. Only two more weeks until my race!

Mary, I'm still waiting for my yardwork helper! I work next weekend and the following weekend is my race. DH is planning a trip to a nearby amusement park after the race. So I don't think I'll get to my yard for two weeks! Yikes! I sure hope DH can mow before then. It's getting pretty shaggy. He's into the last few weeks of school now (he teaches Industrial Engineering at a technical college) and things always get crazy for him.

Hi to Dana, Jodi and Michele, if you all drop by.

Woaaa!!!!!! Hold the phone!!!! :eek::eek: Where have I been? Robin, I missed you telling us you were in a race!!!! How cool. Is it a 5k? I am sure you will run faster than me :eek: Good luck. It sounds like you are getting some good runs in before hand, so you will be ready! You are one hot mama, working out so hard :D

One of my dearest friends offered to run another 5k with me in the Fall. This will give me some time to drop some pounds and get lots more running in. I ran with Cardio Coach last week, and man does Coach Sean make a difference! I went farther and felt so much better :) I didn't really follow the workout, but felt more energized and encouraged (and not alone ;))

Do you use CC on your runs Robin!

** Hiya Dana ** Long time no see :) Wow, my oldest DD will be 8 this Fall and I can hardly believe how big both of my girls are getting!!!! I sure hope your back feels better quick! I don't have STS, so am not sure what you should do, sorry. Just let your back heal before you get back into it!

Gotta get lunch made. Chow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.