++ Get Melting!...it's Wednesday ++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I am taking a rest day today...I did something to my knee last night, not sure what or how, but I think I sat at the computer in a wierd way or something. When I got up, my knee was hurting. I thought it would be ok once I walked around for a bit but it didn'tx( . Then when DH got up with the dogs ( again}( ), I could still feel it hurting when I moved my leg. So at 4:30, I decided not to press it by doing a treadmill incline workout..

DH swears he heard 2 beeps around 3:20 that woke him up. He thinks that there is something that must be beeping around this time every night that is what is waking up the dogs. We can;t seem to figure out what it is..

Shelley:
Did you get up early today?

Judy:
Good for you for throwing out that candy!;-)

Robin:
Your DH steps? I have this funny picture in my mind of your DH with a step in front of CNN! Good thoughts your way on the surgery!

Shannon:
Yes DH let the dogs out but did not walk them, so they get up early..it may be the beeping..we;re not sure yet..I just like to know where everyone is sitting when they are typing here:7 . It is fun to hear about all the different weather etc. I hate waiting for things to happen too. Hope they didn;t keep you too late last night.

Stephanie:
Did you enjoy your BodyMax2 workout yesterday?

Lainie:
Pretty picture! ;-) Thanks so much for the tip and the pic of the hair clip thing. I will be going to the drugstore to look for it. Did you end up with the more expensive ($40) push up things or the $20 at Walgreen's? I know there was a back & forth debate about them on the OD board.

Tneah:
Good for you for sticking to your plan!;-) Thanks again for the hair tips..mine is thick and can be wavy if I don;t straighten it. It does sound like you are starting menopause..the night sweats used to wake me right up and I had to throw the covers off to get cool..then 2 minutes later you are freezing and have to put them back on..but the hot flashes during the day are worse because you are in front of other people. I met with a client one time ( male)and had a hot flash where sweat was literally driping down my face.. it was so embarrassing :+ . I think I am pretty much done now ( I hope!) 41 is not too early for peri-menopause. A friend of mine at work started that early. I would cut back on the caffine at night.. sugar is what kicks them off for me...that and stress.

Emily:
Good for you for taking those needed rests. Sometimes I think that when we don;t, that is when we get injured.

TK:
Oh No...I hope your back is ok. your back and my knee..what is happening to all of us?

Have a good day and keep on melting!

Deb
:)

Goodmorning Deb and all who follow.

Deb, I hope your knee is OK! Maybe you have a slight sprain? Is it swollen at all? Look at me - the knee expert. The picture you have of my DH stepping sounds pretty accurate. If there is nothing on TV, he pops in a Seinfeld DVD.

TK, I hope your back feels better today.

tneah, I agree with TK's suggestion. It could be coffee, it could be hormones. Who knows. I think I started with the intermitant night sweats at about 45. Deb's description pretty much nailed it. I don't have too much trouble with hot flashes during the day though.

I didn't hear back from the doctor's office yesterday about my stress test, so I'm expecting a call sometime today. I'm hoping to have the stress test SOON! There will be little to no melting in my corner of the world until this mess is all over. I'm a pro at emotional eating.

Have a great day all.

Morning all

Just running in quickly to say hello before I hit the shower.

Deb - I didn't get up early. I decided to take a rest day too, since Aunt Flo arrived yesterday and I have cramps from you-know-where this morning. Ouch. I'll see how I feel this evening and maybe I'll do something light. Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it goes away soon.

Robin - does your DH do anything fancy when he's stepping to Seinfeld or the news, or is it mostly basic step? I just can't imagine stepping without music. I hope your stress is relieved soon!

Okay, off I go. BBL.

Good morning, Melters -

Well, it was a long day yesterday, but not as long as I expected. My second document STILL isn't ready, so here I sit, waiting. Sigh. But I did finish the first one last night, and our department got a 24-hr extension on the deadline, which is a good thing.

Needless to say, there was no workout for me last night. Just hitting that keyboard! I must admit that my eating was very nearly miraculous, though. :p

Deb - I hope your knee is okay. Watch how you sit today! And Ice Ice Ice.

Robin - did your doc give you even a little hint about what wasn't right with your EKG? How on earth could anything be wrong, with all the cardio you do? Sigh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Shelley - I hope Aunt Flo doesn't stick around too long. Stock up on the Advil! I'm glad you decided to take a rest day.

Shelley, DH goes up and down, back and forth, over and over, but nothing really fancy. His knee is weird too.

Shannon, I'm not sure my doctor knows what is wrong with my EKG, except that it is abnormal. He said lots of people are walking around with abnormal EKGs and do just fine. He just has to be careful to cover his butt by having me do the stress test before he'll clear me for surgery. He thinks it's a little bit of overkill, but I understand. We do the same thing at work. If we have any doubts about what we see in a patient's culture, we "Keep it a Secret" until we are sure.

OK, I'm on my way to the little room across the hall. Later all.

Good morning, everyone!

I missed you all yesterday! How is everyone doing? Yesterday was my first day back teaching, and it was a L-O-N-G day! I'll basically be at work on T/TH from 6:30 in the morning to about 5:30 at night. It's a nice trade-off, though, since I won't normally have to go in to work on M/W/F except for some occasional meetings. It's always nice to have the first day of the new semester over with. I always hope that my students don't notice how badly my hands are shaking when I pass out the syllabus that first day! It seems like I have nice students this semester!

I need to also make sure that I take more snacks and eat better on my long days. I was on the go so much yesterday that I barely ate, so by the time I got home, I was ravenous and couldn't stop eating. I was thinking that I might buy some "lite" pre-mixed protein shakes so I can drink one between my two morning classes.

Deb -- How is your knee doing? I bought the cheaper Push Up handles, and I honestly don't really like them. You have to go much more slowly when using them, so it's hard to follow along with Cathe if using them with a DVD. I think that I need to play with them a little more to get used to them, but I'm glad that I bought the $20 ones in case I don't use them as often. I hope you can figure out what that beeping noise is.

Robin -- Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your EKG results! Will you keep us all posted on what they find out? I'll be sending my positive thoughts your way!

Shelley -- Is this week going better than last week? I'm glad you're taking today off to rest!

Lainie -- How was Target yesterday? I may need to run there today. Are you and Ewan feeling any better?

Tneah -- Glad the commercial shoot went well! That must have been so much fun! Thanks for the tip about putting the shakes in the freezer. I'm definitely going to try that since I need to cut some calories. Did you get a better night's sleep last night? How much coffee have you been drinking? Could it maybe be that you're working out too much? I don't have any advice to offer, but am sending you {{{{hugs}}}}! Try some yoga since that might help with the anxiety!

Judy --How is your meal planning coming along for the week? Did you get all that candy tossed out?

Shannon -- Glad to hear that you're not focusing on melting right now, but just on eating healthy. That's a smart way to approach things!

Michele -- How are you feeling? Is your cold almost gone? And how is your sister doing?

TK -- How's that new Gay Gasper workout?

Emily -- I'm the same way as you at Target -- it's so hard for me to not find such great things that I have to have!

Stephanie -- Will you be going to ballet this week? How is your eating?

Leanne! We missed you yesterday. I'm glad you made it through your day and how lovely that you get M/W/F off. I'd love a work week like that:) I'm feeling a lot better, thanks, and my week is 100% better than last.

Robin - I'm hoping that they find absolutely nothing to stand in the way of your surgery.

Tneah - Is the Lean Dessert really okay with just water? Because I was using Whey Gourmet and tried it with just water and it was FOUL. I have the Whipped Vanilla Lean Dessert right now and maybe I'll give the frozen thing a try.

I'm so jealous of anyone who goes to Target. Emily will attest to the fact that I can also spend hours in that place, but we don't have Target in Canada. It's very sad. When my sister and I took Sophie to Buffalo for her birthday in November, we visited two Targets and got more there than anywhere else!

Lainie - I think I got your package. There was a delivery notice at home last night so I'm picking it up on my way home today. I'm so excited!!!

Good Morning All:)

Deb, could the beeping be a fire alarm that needs new batteries? Or an alarm clock in another room in your house? Take care with the knee, I know I am feeling a little "creaky" myself this week, I have to walk really fast or do the elliptical really hard in order to get my heartrate up and its already starting to sorta hurt my knees and hip.:-( Need to talk to Mr. Trainer man about this. Oh, and you know, I don't have the hot flashes at all during the day, and only once a week at night, and am wondering if its the heat in our bedroom. We have it set to go off throughout the night, I hate sleeping in the heat because I tend to "run hot" anyway, I am always the "hot" one when everyone else is fine or cold.Plus my cycle is like clockwork, always has been. Guess I still think I am 25 years old, and cannot accept that whole "peri-meno_ thing.x( Ick. Sorry, it freaks me out, I am only 41 darn it!

TK, take care of your knee too!

Robin, sounds like you are a little more "relaxed" today, good. I know any test that comes back "abnormal" sends the fear of god into you. I know you will be just fine, and your knee will be too.:)

Shelley, I am experiencing my lovely PMS right now which is not so much fun with this diet plan, I wanted sugar last night so bad I could cry. Sorry about those cramps, believe me, I know how you feel.;(

Shannon, it sounds like you do really well when you stop obsessing and start living. You are my hero! That obsessive thing can really getcha.

Leanne, yes, you should take along your protein for sure! Glad to see your first day went super duper. And yeah, I should start doing something to release pent up anxiety, and yes, I think I do drink too much coffee and even my doc told me to cut back on that. Sigh, what else are they gonna take away? Oh, hush Tneah, I am such a whiner right now!

Hey to all that follow, will be back later gators. I have shoulders today and abs, I couldn't get them in yesterday, I was really wiped, the past two days have really been tough energy/emotionally, compounded by PMS. But today is a new day, one full of promise, joy and more chicken breasts!

:7 :7

*dances into thread singing "We're meltin'! We're meltin'! Hey hey! We're meltin'!"* :D

Howdy there Melters! Don't ask me why I'm so chipper today. I don't know. Well, I took another rest day today - maybe that's it. I had a stomach ache all day yesterday and decided to give myself some rest today. I think it helped.

Deb, I'm sorry you hurt your knee!! x( I hate it when the most random activities cause pain like that. I'm like "Dude! Why can't I get injured from something more glamorous, like bench-pressing 300 pounds, or getting into a kickboxing fight with an escaped convict?" :p As for the beeping - :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: is all I have to say about that! I have the SAME BIZARRE PROBLEM in my house! I'll wake up in the middle of the night and hear beeping every 10 seconds or so and I have NO IDEA where it's coming from. If it was a smoke detector with low batteries, why would only beep in the middle of the night? We don't have any other alarm clocks in our house. It's SO WEIRD!!! I'm really curious to find out what your beeping is - maybe it will help me figure out my beeping. My only other suspicion is our water softener in the basement, which beeps when it's getting low on salt. But DH said he checked it recently and it was fine. *scratching head in confuzzlement*

Robin, I totally understand the emotional eating thing. Whatever you need to do to get through this stressful time. ((((hugs))))

Shelley, I hope those cramps go away for good!

Shannon, I'm sorry your document is still not ready. Time to get out your sledgehammer and kick some @ss! }(

Leanne, way to go on your first day back on the job! :) I hope you get your snack needs figured out. There's nothing worse than being ravenous at the end of a long work day.

Tneah, you have the right attitude! Today IS a new day! :D Tell PMS to take a hike because you have better plans. ;)

YEAH!!!!:7 :7 *dances in and does a little jig with Emily!:7 :7

Today I had to send in my pics to Mr. Trainer man, and I also had to send my current weight. Guess what?? I lost 4 friggin pounds!:+

Now I know its water weight, because before I started I ate and drank like Caligula, but still, its enough to keep me going!:)

Emily, glad you feel so chipper darlin'!:) I think I get a rest day on Saturday:) . Sorry I cannot stop :7 :7 !

Hey Melters - I actually have something to edit now, so I need to get moving on it. But I just had a thought for Deb and Emily - do either of you have a house alarm system? Maybe with a motion detector? Could something be wrong with it, that it would give a warning beep instead of just going off? Just thinking out loud here. Okay. Gotta run.

I don't have a house alarm system (and now that you guys know that, don't you all come and try to break in! I still have 3 attack cats!!! :p) But maybe Deb has an alarm system. Good thought.

Hey everyone,

Shelley -- I'm SO glad to hear that you're having a better week! Are you sure that you're feeling alright?? Hey -- I wish I could bring you to Target with me this afternoon to cheer you up!;-) Oh, and I just tried the Lean Dessert with just water and some ice in the blender. It was alright, but I much prefer my skim milk! Maybe I can have my milk and drink it, too!

Emily and Tneah, you two are so chipper today! I need some of your energy and enthusiasm! I'm just dragging today.

Deb -- It really could be the fire alarms that are beeping. They tend to do that in the middle of the night! Ours will sometimes chirp for a few days, but then stop. Hope you figure it out so the pups might sleep a bit later!:)

Just a quick check-in today. I've had a rather busy day and right now I have a fussy toddler climbing on me.

I had to go to the dentist this morning. One cavity. x( Could be worse. Have to go back to have it filled in a couple weeks. Also got the usual encouragement to go see an orthodontist about my crowded teeth and overbite. Oy. I am going to be one of those grown women with braces. x(

I did 4DS LIS today (yes, I know I shouldn't be stepping, but at least it's low impact). My MatStep hasn't arrived yet--might be here by tomorrow.

Yesterday I was tired and coughing when I tried to work out, so it turned out to be a rest day.

Hope to BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Shelley, yeah I think its darn good with water, but tastes more like a milkshake with skim milk or even soy! But its yummy in the freezer.:9

I am SOOOOO late today. I actually forgot to check in. I'm probably the last one here... as it's almost 4:30 p.m. here. Anyway, I didn't do Bodymax2 yesterday. Instead I took a rest day since I had ballet Monday and have it again tonight. I got my high step yesterday (yippeee!!!), so I'll do probably Muscle Endurance tomorrow so I can do those leg presses!! I had nightmares last night and didn't sleep well, so I'm ultra tired today. Maybe that's why I forgot to check in...

I'll be back tomorrow to say hey to you guys individually and catch up. I hope all are well!!!

Lainie - just wanted to let you know that I got your package today and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I can't wait to go through everything. :)

Stephanie - looks like lots of us are taking rest days today. Enjoy those leg presses when you get to them!

Leanne - yup, I'm doing okay. Still a little congested and coughing in the morning, but much better. Thanks for being concerned:)

Tneah - hmmmmm... okay, I'll try it with the water then ;-)

If any of you have a Mervyns near you, they're having a great sale right now on fitness wear! Everything is 40% off, and I picked up a cute lavender & black tank with some matching pants. They're nowhere near as cute as Cathe's adorable Oh My Bod outfits, but I have to budget and needed some new clothes since my Target workout pants are literally starting to get holes in the backside. (Not a pretty sight!)

Shelley -- Glad that you're doing better! Let me know if you like the Lean Dessert with water.

Tneah -- I'll have to pop that shake in the freezer like you said! I missed my skim milk when I tried it with water this morning.

Lainie -- Are you doing alright with that cough? You poor thing! How are you liking the 4DS rotation so far?

Shannon -- What kind of editing do you do? Do you work for a publisher? It sounds like you've been really busy!

Stephanie -- Oooohhh, leg presses on the high step! Enjoy how good your legs feel today! }(

Robin -- Keep us posted as soon as you have the stress test, OK?

I probably won't get a chance to check in tomorrow since I'll probably come home from work tomorrow night and melt into a tired puddle like I did last night (too bad the weight won't melt that way!), but I'll see you all on Friday!

Happy Thursday, all!

Edited for a spelling goof!

Hi...

....just running by to ask what's up with the freezer and protein drink that is so delicious? what did I miss?

Deb:)

Whew, ever have (oh, I know you all have these days for sure), where you run and run and run and run........around? So much to do today I had to delegate some of it for tomorrow for Pete's sake.

Deb! The protein shakes we are referring are the "Lean Dessert" by BSN. They are the best I have ever had, and come in these awesome flavors, chocolate fudge, chocolate-coconut, banana cream, banana nut, whipped vanilla, cinnamon roll,might be others. They ain't Ben and Jerry's but they are a great source of protein that tastes pretty dang good!:p

To order online here is the site I use:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/dessert.html

Or go to your local GNC, sometimes they don't have it there, I experienced that in San Diego, but maybe it was just the GNC I went to.

I put mine into the freezer after I make it in my Magic Bullet, and let it get kinda "slushy" and thick, and then eat it with a spoon.

Hey there Stephanie!:) Have fun with those leg presses}(
Lainie, sorry to hear about your cavity, I spent last week at the dentist, just ask for the funny gas and you should be okay!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.