GDMT....Whoo Hoo Wednesday....11.21

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning girls :)

I could not think of a fun title today, that's what I came up with.....?

Today was KB. I really love this workout, I feel it everywhere. I upped my weights today too. I am seeing some really nice results from this workout.

Stats:
round one: same as last week
round 2:
plie squats: 35# same as last week
leg press: 25# (up 5# from last weeek)
round 3:
low plane lunges: 15# (last week 12#)
leg press/outer thigh: 15# (last week 12#)
round 4: same as last week: 45#

I really like the core work, and after watching ab ripper, I think it is a good sub for the faux X.

Gin~ Hope you are getting your workoouts in and are enjoying your company!

Marcy~ What's on tap for today? are you going to try and do 2 workouts for today? Good luck!:) I could never do that, once I'm dressed I'm done working out.

Tracee~ I hope you are back today, if not, I hope you are having fun!

I will BBL,
but I want to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!!! off to work and to buy the ingredients for a pie my mom sent the recipe last night!! double layer pumpkin cheesecake (low fat)!!:)

Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

I lost my post so I am starting again!x( I was able to run this morning for the first time in 2 weeks! Yeah! NO more PROZAC(for migraine prevention) for me. My body just could not handle it!
DS#2 drove in last night. He had not been home since August and parents are here also. DS#1 and his fiance will be here tonight for dinner. Yeah!:) I am so ready to get back to Cathe workout!

Deanie--Thanks for sending the cute pic....Handsome husband! Low fat pumpkin cheescake? Send the recipe if good. Gald you enjoyed KB. Can't wait to do it again!

Marcy--Are you ordering the NEW p90x? How is it different? DWTS? I voted for Jennie, but knew she would be leaving!:(

Tracee--We have missed you. Hope all is well.

Can you tell I am in a hurry?
Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hi all! It feels weird to be back on the computer. I was in a tax seminar for two days and it was a snooze fest. Unfortunately, I haven't been very good about my workouts. I haven't been getting good sleep so I haven't been doing much exercising. Plus, my pulled or strained muscle in my back came back Tuesday morning so I've been trying to let that heal. I did do the chest and back work on Tues. and my back hurt the most when I was lying in the incline position trying to do the chest flys. I'm thinking the sore muscle is my lat on the right side?

Anyway, I'm glad to be back on the check in and wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll be around my house all 4 days so I should be able to find time to check in.

DWTS - I was bummed that Jennie left too. She really had improved and I hope she doesn't feel too bad about getting voted out.

Tracee

Hi DGT!

I got up late this morning (too much TV watching last night) and had to clean so I only did Bis & Tris this morning. I used the same weights as last week except I went up on the standing hammer curls to 12s (up 2#) and 15s (up 3#). I keep thinking I should go up on the lying extensions (I used 10#) but then when she gets to the pulses, I'm glad I stayed at 10#. So far I have to make up BC and core work. I'll see if I can do any more tonight.

Deanie - I agree that Cathe's two core routines in 4DS are a very good substitute. They are both very similar to the ARX. Please send me the recipe for that pie. My DS loves pumpkin pie (and cheesecake too).

Gin - It's nice both your DSs are home for Thanksgiving. I will be ordering the new X plus workouts but I haven't seen a price yet so I might have to wait. I didn't vote for Jennie but I figured it would either be Jennie or Marie leaving. I guess Marie has quite a following. She has gotten better. I think Marie's a better performer but Jennie's a better dancer. I agreed with Carrie Ann when she said she didn't feel the connection with her partner. It seemed like at times she was a robot doing all the right steps but just not showing any emotion.

The new X workouts are:

Interval X plus (40 mins.) 3 speeds - recovery, medium and full-out
Kenpo Cardio plus (40 mins.)
Upper Plus (45 mins.)
Total Body Plus (45 mins.)
Abs/Core Plus (20 mins.) - 4 different positions (hanging, sitting, standing and plank positions)

The cardio is supposed to be more intense than the original X. The core workouts are different because of the positions. Ab Ripper X is all done on the floor. Aside from Core Synergistics, there really is no total body workout in P90X so I assume this might be something like Core Syn but I'm not sure. In P90X, the upper body is split; this one is all upper body except for abs which will be nice for a 2 day split. I wish he included a lower body one as well. Lots of people are a bit confused about that.

I saw a piece on the news last night about migraines. I only caught the tail end of it but IIRC, it was saying something about imagining yourself in a warm place and something about raising your body temperature. Here's a link in case you're interested:

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.5.1

Tracee - Hope things are well with you and we'll hear from you later.

I will BBL but I'd like to wish all of you now a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your feasts (but don't eat too much!).

Marcy

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

• Prep Time: 10 min
• Total Time: 3 hr 50 min
• Makes: 8 servings
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
1/3 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping
MIX cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Do not overbeat after adding eggs. Remove 1 cup batter; stir in pumpkin and spices. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle bottom with crumbs.
POUR remaining plain batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.
BAKE at 325°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Storage Know-How
Once thawed, refrigerate COOL WHIP Whipped Topping for up to 2 weeks or re-freeze.

I will be making this in a few minutes:9 yum!!

Tracee - Glad to have you back! Hope your back heals soon!

Deanie - Thanks for the recipe. Looks real easy to make. I might just make it tonight. I was going to make my white chocolate cheesecake. Maybe I'll do both.

Marcy

Very EXcited!!! I just got my door gym!!!:) Now DH can put it up for me tomorrow!!!!:) The web site said next tues. was when I would get it....

Gin~ I'm so glad you are off the meds making you feel bad. Your house full of family sounds so nice. Enjoy!!!

Tracee~ Your seminar does sound boring:p but probably useful! Glad you are back with us. Are you going to do the faux X with us in Dec.?

Marcy~ Sorry about your workout today. Do you think we are so tired because we have been lifting so heavy? Tomorrow I am going to try to do DS yoga. The X+ sounds Okay... I'll let you try it and give us your take. ;-) I think I will stick with the X for now. I think if I remember correctly there were no planks in the ab work. I think I will add them in, I think they do nice things for my abs. I am still excited about CAthes STS and would like an update about that, but I guess we will have to wait till after thanksgiving.

eta: Marcy~ what is your white choc. cheesecake? is it low fat? I am making the above cheesecake and a choc. pudding pie that the kids love.

Hi Deanie!

Congrats on getting your Door Gym! I'm sure you could figure out how to put up the Door Gym yourself (I actually figured it out because I didn't want DH finding out I got another piece of fitness equipment and I knew he'd be afraid it would leave marks on the wood but he eventually found it). The instructions weren't great but I figured it out. Once it's together you just clamp it on to the door jamb and then take it down (nothing to screw in or out). It is possible we're tired of the heavy lifting but I know I stayed up later than I should have. I do have to say that I was real tired for the first month of P90X - I guess it was a real shock to my system and it is intense. I know he does some side planks but those might be in Core Syn, I can't remember at the moment.

I'd still like to hear more about Cathe's STS as well. It's been 2 weeks already, hopefully she'll post about it again soon.

The cheesecake isn't low fat but you could use the low fat or fat free cream cheese. It also has the eggs, sugar and vanilla, white chocolate chips and I forget what other ingredients, if any. I usually decorate it with strawberries (which I cut lengthwise) and shavings from a chocolate bar. You're supposed to use an Oreo pie crust but I like using a Nilla wafer crust. I don't have my cookbook with me so I'll try and post it soon.

Marcy

Hi again.

Sorry guys but I don't think I'll be doing the faux x with you guys. :-( Maybe I'll change my mind if I can't find any other rotation to follow. I may just do whatever feels good each day. I'm really liking this new series and I think it's going to be really hard to do any long cardio anymore. :)

Who knows, I may change my mind next week but I "hear" how excited Deanie and Marcy are about the "x" and I'm just not feeling it. So I think I'll have to venture out on my own and see what will work for me. I need you guys for the motivation though, that's for sure.

Have a great weekend.

Tracee

Marcy~ I put my door gym up, but it is not stable. Then the only other door frame it fits is up in my kitchen, 2 flights up from the basement(where I workout) I am going to try for a reg. pull up bar, and if that doesn't work, I am just going to use the band for back. I think for me, I feel the most secure on the power towers, and they are to tall for my basement.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone:)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.