GDMT~ * ~ *Windy Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Today was shoulders and arms and I subbed PUB abs for ARX.The next 4 weeks I am really concentrating on form and not how much I lift or how many reps. Maybe that will help with results (not that I had bad form before) Also I saw better results when I subbed for cardio and legs- so next week I maybe subbing for legs (not sure about this week)
Stats:
Shoulders and Arms
Alternating shoulder presses; R1- 8 reps @ 20# R2- 9 reps @20#
In and out bicep curls(16 rep) - 15# both rounds
Two arm tricep kickbacks R1-12 reps @15#, R2- 10 reps @17#
Deep swimmers presses-8 reps@ 20# both rounds
Full supination concentration curls R1- 8 reps @20#; R2-8 reps @22#
Chair dips (2 chairs-with leg raise every 5)R1- 40/R2- 35
Upright rows R1-8 reps @20# R2- 10 reps@20#
Static arm curls (16 reps) R1- 15#/R2-17#
Flip grip twist tricep kickbacks-both rounds-8 reps @15#
Two angle shoulder flys (16 reps) R1- 15#/R2-12#
Crouching Cohen curls R1- 9 reps @15#/ R2- 10 reps @15# (dropped weight so form was really good)
Lying down tricep extensions R1- 12 reps @12#/ R2- 10 reps@14# (started with 15#, lost my form after 2, so I dropped to 12# had better form, but was to easy!!)x(

Bonus round: (only had time for one round today)
In and out straight arm shoulder flys (16 reps) R1- 8# (again 10# I start to loose good form 1/2 way thru, so I just went with 8's today)
Congdon curls 8 reps @20#- Hard!!!But so proud I did it!!!!:):)
Side tri rises: 25

Gin~ Have fun today at school:) We have day 2 of conferences.

Marcy~ I like this weeks workouts so much better than next weeks. Don't you? I stayed the same for most of my weights, and only raised a few. Are you going down to Georgia anytime soon to look at houses?

Tracee~ Hi! HOpe you are having a good day:)

It is windy and cold here today, but at least the sun is shining:)
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Windy is right!! The wind was so strong here yesterday, there were several fires in the area.
Today I did BM2 double upper body. I did have to go down in weights from what Cathe was using on the 2nd set.:p Didn't run, too cold. My friend has a cut-off of 30 degrees or below.

The silliest show is on tv tonight, The Mother of all Paegents. It's a mother-daughter beauty contest reality show. I know one of the teams...Gina and Hollis. They live here. I have watched a little of it just to see them. Certainly wouldn't watch it otherwise. Tonight is the final episode.

Deanie--Great workout!! Hope your conferences go well again today. I guess with so many kids, you have to do 2 days to get them all in. We just have one day (in the fall). I don't teach on Wed., but have weekly Bible Study today. Friday we are out of school for "Stock Show Day". Yeah!:)

Marcy--I would love to have a Bonus room. I don't hear that term used here, but would love to have one! Do you plan to get rid of any of your workout tapes when you go through them? Tell us how many you have.;) I agree that diet is the hardest part. Exercise is much easier for me.

Tracee--Hope to see you again!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

Today was Shoulders & Arms. I was running a little late so I skipped the second set of the bonus round. I'm still not feeling 100% yet but my sleeping's been much better.

Stats:

Alternating shoulder presses; R1- 8 reps @ 21# R2- 5 reps @21# (2nd round up 2#)
In and out bicep curls(16 rep) - R1-16 reps @ 19#, R2 - 10 reps @ 19# (first round up 2 reps; 2nd round up 3#)
Two arm tricep kickbacks Both rounds - 9 reps @ 21# (up 1 rep in R2)
Deep swimmers presses- (had a really hard time with this one today) 4 reps @ 19; R2 - 5 reps @ 19# (down 4 reps in R1:(; up 1 rep in R2)
Full supination concentration curls R1- 8 reps @ 19# (down 1 rep); R2- 6 reps @21# (same)
Chair dips (2 chairs-no leg raise) 26 both rounds
Upright rows R1- Both rounds 8 reps @ 21 (up 2#)
Static arm curls (16 reps) Both rounds- 16# (these are finally feeling a little better)
Flip grip twist tricep kickbacks-both rounds-10 reps @19# (up 2 reps)
Two angle shoulder flys (16 reps) R1- 10 reps @ 19#; R2-12 reps @ 18# - up 2 reps on R1; up 2# on R2)
Crouching Cohen curls R1- 8 reps @18#/ R2- 6 reps @ 18# (up 2# on R2) (these felt better today; form was better))
Lying down tricep extensions Both rounds - 10 reps @18# (same) (will go up to 19# next time)

Bonus round: (only had time for one round today - me too!)
In and out straight arm shoulder flys (16 reps) R1- 13# (same weight but felt better)
Congdon curls 8 reps @ 15#- (up 2# but felt easier today! These usually give me a problem
Side tri rises: 25 (same)

Deanie - I find this week's workouts easier than next week's. Exercises are much harder next week. I also stayed the same for most of my weights. I was hoping to have progressed more with this workout but being that I've been sick and out of sorts for most of the rotation, I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm hoping to get down to GA sometime around Feb. 13th. I hope I hear something tomorrow (my broker's supposed to call the buyer then). My 15th anniversary is on the 14th.

Gin - I love the Double Upper Body Premix on BM2. I really like doing the exercises on the ball. I don't blame your friend. 30 degrees would be way to cold for me. Bonus rooms seem to be popular in GA - it's usually a room over the garage. I actually have given away a few of my workout tapes. I gave one away in a Secret Santa and one just because I wasn't getting any bites as far as a trade. They were both Jaris. I'm also giving away two of my Taebo tapes to someone at my dance class. I don't have a lot on my trade list. I'll hopefully have my list done by the time I post later.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Gin~ What a nice week for you- 3 days of work and its rodeo week. Are you going to the "Stock show"? What is a stock show???:p :7 :7 I wouldn't run in 30 degree either, I don't blame your friend!! I like BM2 upper body, not a fan of the double upper!

Marcy~ Great workout today. I felt like I probably plateaued today with my workout. I don't see me upping my weights next time we do this and probably not reps either. I think you should feel good about the work you've done- you were sick, and not sleeping well. Those things definately play a part. how cute is that, that your anniversary is on Feb. 14th???:7 :7 Theres no way DH could forget that!!

Deanie

Deanie -

Thanks! This round of the X has been really difficult for me but even though I've been sick, I'm still glad I stuck with it. I don't see myself upping my weights too much either on S&A. For the tricep work, I'll probably add back in leg lifts and I'll go one pound more for the tricep extensions but as far as anything else, I don't think there's much hope.

DH picked the day for exactly that reason! He even remembers my birthday although I'm sure it helps that we're only 13 days apart!

Marcy

Hi Again!

Marcy--What a sweet day to have your anniversary--Feb. 14th! Did you say that you had talked to some of the Cathe fans that live in Atlanta? I met some on the RT. Cute group of girls!

Deanie--The Stock Show used to be called the Livestock Show, as in animals. It is part of the rodeo. The public schools are out here 1 day during the Rodeo each year so that the children can attend. No, I'm not going. We went a few times when the boys were little, but not anymore. Growing up in Houston we used to have a "Go Texan" Day and everyone would dress western. I make Texans sound like a proud bunch of folks, don't I?:eek: ;-) :7

YeeHaw!! ;-)
Gin:7

Hi Again!

Gin - Yes, I talked to one of the Cathe fans from Atlanta. She said to get in touch with her when I get down there. They have get-togethers every so often and I won't be far from them.

You certainly do sound like a proud Texan! My DH has started watching all the channels from down south like RDF. He actually said he'd love to be a farmer. It would be perfect for him because he gets up nice and early and loves working the grounds. We always have the greenest lawn. He's thinking about possibly doing some landscaping when we move.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Gin - Assuming I didn't forget any, I have 157 DVDs/VHS. Some have multiple workouts on each. Now this doesn't yet include others that I have preordered. Lest you think I'm totally obsessed, there's someone over at VF who has over 900! I'd say I'm pretty good all things considered. A girl has to have a nice variety, right!:p

Marcy

Marcy-
Well, I was going to crown you the Queen of the Workout Videos, but I had to yank the Crown off of your head, when I heard about the nutcase with 900!! That is obscene. Not sure I would admit that.

O.M.G.!!! I think that is just too much! 900 videos! Are there even 900 videos out there? LOL Maybe she has some doubles* hee hee*:7 :7

My question is, does she use what she has? or do most of them sit on the shelf???

Marcy~ I think 157 is modest comparitivly (sp) :)

Gin~ You are a proud Texan! You go girl:7 :7

Deanie

Okay, I had to go count how many I had out of curiousity. Only 47. (hangs her head in shame) I have a long way to go to catch up to Marcy.

Deanie? Tracee? How many do you girls have?

Okay, I have 67! I have all the Cathes- and except for the few P90X, that's all I use! (I also counted my new dvd that shows how to use the perfect pushup, so maybe I have 66!;-) I actually have a whole shelf of videos that I don't use!! (I keep them in a 3 tier bookcase)

Marcy~ I think you are the winner!!:7 :7 :+ Congrats!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.