GDMT~ * ~ *Monday~ * ~ *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today was the last day of Chest, shoulders, tri for 2 weeks!!!!Yea! This is the hardest of the X workouts for me. I also did ARX. Running out of time, so here are my stats:

Slow-Motion 3-in-1 pushups:12+ 18bonus (up one bonus)
In & Out Shoulder Flys: 16reps-8#
Chair Dips: feet on chair, switched lifted leg every 5, total 44- same
Plange Pushups: 21 (up 1)
Pike Presses: 20, feet on high step - same
Side Tri-Rises: 25 -same
Floor Flys: 24 -same
Scarecrows: 9 reps, 10# (up 1 rep)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 15# (same)
Two-Twitch Speed Push-ups: 21 (3 sets)+ 4 fast(up 4 fast)
Y-Presses: 8 reps, 17# (up 2#)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 8reps, 15#
Side-to-Side Pushups: 18 total (up 1)
Pour Flys: 3 reps, 10# (up2#), 5 reps, 8# Hard!!
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 15# (up 2 reps)
One-Arm Pushups: 20 total (up2)
Weighted Circles: round 1- round 2- 3# (down 2#)
Throw the Bomb: 10 reps- 15# (up3#)
Clap Pushups: 8 clap pushups on toes, (up 2 clap pushups on toes)
Slo-Mo Throws: 8#- 9 reps,
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 15# (up 2 reps)
One-Arm Balance Push-Ups: 20 total, with lifting leg up (up 2)
Fly-Row Presses: 8 reps, 15# (up 3#)
Dbbl Cross-Body Blows: 12 reps, 17# (up 2#)

I hope you all had a great weekend!:)
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was S&H Chest, Back and Abs. I stayed about the same as what Cathe used, except I don't have 25# lb. weights to use for the Bench Press. And I couldn't lift them if I did have them!!;-) I guess I had not done the planks in a while. I was shaking at the end!:eek:

Deanie--I cannot believe the # of pushups you can do!! You go, girl! Adn the clap pushups...I am in awe!
Thank you for the great wedding dance song suggestion. There are so many good ones to choose from. I went to a website and was overwhelmed! Decisions, decisions!

Marcy/Tracee--We missed you over the weekend. Hope you had a good one!

Hve a great day!
Gin:)

Gin~ You are going to laugh, but I wrote the wrong amount in for clap pushups, I did 10! I was still up 2, I did 8 last week! I guess I wasn't paying attention when I wrote in my #'s! I'm actually most proud of my one arm pushups:)
Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm a little behind schedule this week. I never got to do Legs & Back this weekend. I managed to do Mindy's All About Abs - Bodyweight. This one is still quite intense for me. This morning I did Legs & Back and Mindy's Gliding Abs workout which isn't as tough as the bodyweight one but still very effective. I did my first wide front pullup today:) It only took 1 1/2 rounds of the X! I seem to make most of my chin/pullup accomplishments when doing Legs & Back; probably because other upper body isn't mixed in.

I was glad to see in Chris' post that STS legwork is more like B&G than S&H and there were only 4 squat rack leg workouts. I didn't preorder because it's a large chunk all at once. I might preorder down the road or right before the next pre-sale increase and maybe do the 3 payment option.

Deanie - Congrats on your preorder! I'll be waiting for the first reviews from you. How were the Mason twists with weights? Glad you're feeling better. Too bad I'll probably be gone by the summer. I would have had you over to my house. Shea Stadium is about 5 minutes away. Great numbers on CST! Very impressed with the clapping pushups.:) It's funny how you seem to do more pushups and I seem to use more weights.

Gin - Congrats on your preorder as well! I'm getting jealous of both of you now.}( Congrats on getting your dress! Purple is my favorite color.

Tracee - Hope you had a great weekend and got some workouts in.

Marcy

Hey Marcy~ :7 :7 :7 for your pullups!!!They are so hard!!!I will have to go look at Chris' post. I do not like the leg work in B&G! And I get better results with L&G or actually any other legwork.! Yes, my weight work doesn't increase as easily as my pushups. I just have a really strong core- all those years of ballet! (5years old thru college; then about 10 years of yoga/pilates on an almost daily basis) I worry about proper form, and sometimes prefer to do less weight and make sure my form is good and do the right amount of reps- 8,10..... (insert frazzle face). Besides, I like knowing what you use for weight, and then seeing how close I come;-) Bummer you'll be gone this summer, it would have been fun to meet!

Deanie

Hi Deanie!

You have many more years of ballet and yoga/pilates than me. I did ballet for a year at age 7 and then did it from age 13-19. A little bit after I had my kids (starting at age 21), I didn't workout for about a good 10 years. I started line dancing in 2003 and didn't start strength training till I met Cathe. I did gymnastics in junior high and high school and was always flexible so yoga comes pretty easy to me. My core is definitely much stronger through this round of the X and the X-Plus core workout sounds really good (especially the hanging core work). I should get them any day now. I don't know how my triceps got so strong. I guess we're naturally stronger with some body parts rather than others. I found out the Plus workouts are more endurance-based but they pack quite a punch.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.