GDMT===Messy Monday===2.4

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today I X'd the X!:p I know I only had 3 more weeks to go, but I am sooo not into it, and I am not liking the way my body looks. Even when it was TTOM with CAthe, I never bloated nor did it make a difference in the way my body looks. I made up a new rotation with Cathes 4DS that follows the X and I will do that for the next 3-4 weeks. When I was looking over the 4DS I realized I did alot of the same weights I did for the X (i.e. 22# for biceps) So today I did PS warm up/4DS chest, shoulders, tri/HIS stretch/LIS abs. (was going to do coremax abs but ran out of time) I feel much more motivated to workout now. There was no way I would have gotten out of bed to workout this morning if I had to do P90X!!

Here is what I will be doing this week~
Day 1: PS warm up/HIS chest,shoulders,tri/stretch/core max: tough abs
Day 2: Low Max
Day 3: PS warm up/HIS back and bi X2/stretch/core max: tough abs
Day 4: stretch max
Day 5: 4DS Legs premix/KB abs or L&G/ KPC abs
Day 6: 4DS KB/BC
Day 7: rest

and here's next week:
Day 1: HIS chest and back (X2?)/core max #1
Day 2: 4DS HIS/LIS cardio only
Day 3: 4DS bi, tri, shoulders/core max #1
Day 4: stretch max
Day 5: 4DS legs premix/KB abs or L&G/ KPC abs
Day 6: 4DS KB/BC
Day 7: rest

Gin~ Whats on the schedule today for you? After HCE#3 is it a rest day? My DS now has to wash my DHs car- Giants won:)

Marcy~ Sorry I bailed, but like I said, I am not happy with the non results and I have no motivation to continue. I have maxed out on my weights and all those push ups are too much. When I get to #25 for pushups and I know I can still go more, it just isn't fun. (which is why I bought the perfect push up bars- for a challenge) I still plan to continue doing the X like rotation with 4DS though. I think I got my best results from the X that first month, when I did the X only for days 1 and 3 and everything else was cathe workouts. Maybe I need more variety or 3 months of the same workouts doesn't work for me, I don't know. I feel bad about stopping with only 3 weeks to go, but if I don't stop, I won't workout. I'd rather be excited about working out:+ :+ x(

Hi Tracee!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Hooray Giants!!

BBL~ Deanie:*

Good Morning DMT!

Today I did PS CST and walked 3 miles with friends. I use the same weights as Cathe in this one, except lowered for Bench Press. I guess I just don't have strong chest muscles. The music in this one is not so great IMO.
Beloved Heather talked about mixing pure cranberry juice with lemon juice and water to help with any bloating. I am going to try that and see what happens.

Marcy--That is great that your ds will be living close to your new home. Did you get your workout in yesterday?

Deanie--I don't blame you at all for bailing out on the last few weeks of the X. I am so impressed that you made it this far! You want to be able to enjoy it!

Hi Tracee!
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi all! forgot to mention earlier: I am now considering getting the slanted risers!!:eek: I am wondering if it is a worthwhile investment? Its $50. plus shipping. I am also considering the squat rack!!:eek: I wonder if I am having a shopping meltdown!!! I haven't bought anything in over a week!!LOL seriously-> the slanted risers look like it might be worthwhile.

Gin~ I also saw heathers recipie, and am going to try it. I just have to get to Roots to buy the cranberry juice. I really like PS- better than GS actually. I never notice the music unless its a song I like.

Deanie:*

eta: forgot to add: I used the same weights as Cathe today!}(

Good Afternoon DGT!

I'm not in a great mood right now. My Dad called a little while ago to say he's back in the hospital. He had shortness of breath for about a day or so. He went by ambulance and is in the emergency room waiting for tests. Mom is with him. There's one test for the aorta he has to take - if he gets below a 6, he needs surgery (I think it's valve surgery). He's been able to put it off for some time now. I hope he doesn't need the surgery because he's not a good candidate for surgery and why they've been putting off doing it as long as possible. So if you would, say a prayer for him.

I'm also getting very frustrated with my house situation because I'd really just like to get things moving and over and done with. I have a load of preparations and arrangements to make and this lady is really driving me nuts. I put in for vacation but don't know if I'm taking it. I have to arrange for my dog to be boarded but I can't do that either. I made an appointment with a headhunter so I can get a jump on the job search but don't know if I'll be able to keep it. My DH has to put in for vacation but he doesn't want to get his company PO'd at him for taking it and then not. I'm waiting for the broker to call me back. I hope this lady doesn't drag her heels any longer. I really can't take it.

Sorry for venting but I needed to get that all off my chest.

This morning I did CST but stayed in bed a little longer than I planned so I didn't do the last 3 exercises. Here are my stats:

Slo Mo 3in1 pushups: 12+ 22 bonus (up 2)
In&Out Shoulder Flys: 13# (same)
Chair Dips: (45 both chair w/leg raise) (same)
Plange Pushups: 26 (up 1)
Pike Presses: 20 (up 2)
Side Tri-Rises 27 each side (up 2)
Floor Flys - 20 (same)
Scarecrows - 9 reps @ 16# (up 1#)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 9 reps @ 18# (up 1 rep)
2-Twitch Speed Pushups (25) (up 4 - 3 full sets and 4 fast)
Y-Presses: 8@18# (same)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 12 reps @ 19# (up 1#)
Side to Side Pushups: 20 (up 2)
Pour Flys: 8 reps @ 13# (should have stayed at 12#)
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 10 reps @ 16# (up 1 rep)
One-Arm Pushups: 20 (up 2)
Weighted Circles: both rounds 8# - DH called me in between rounds so I had an extra rest) Up 3# on 2nd round
Throw the Bomb - 12 reps L arm, 9 reps R arm - 16# (up 4 reps on L and 1 rep on R)
Clap Pushups - 8 bringing hands together on ground. (I was hoping to have done a real clapping one by now. I did 4 at the end of my previous X rotation).
Slo-Mo Throws - 4 @ 12#; 4 @ 10# - (same)
Front-to-Back Triceps Extensions: 9 reps @ 15# (up 1 rep)

Deanie - Sorry the X hasn't given you the results you were looking for. I still think you did an awesome job. Even though you didn't get the cosmetic results you had hoped for, I'm sure you're much stronger! The rest of your rotation looks good. Good luck with it. I really think variety helps. I got kind of burned out by Phase 3 too and started putting in other workouts. You have to do what works for you.

I know I won't be getting a squat rack. That would give me the exact opposite results of what I need. The slanted risers sound good but I'll have to hold off on those for awhile.

Gin - I think I might try the cranberry/lemon juice thing too. Let me know if it works for you. I only got to do about 5 mins. of Fitness with the Pros yesterday. It looks like it might be good. I think I'll try the medium and high impact ones tomorrow and then do some abs. My ab workouts always seem to get the short end of the stick. I always run out of time.:(

Hi Tracee! Hope things are well with you.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Deanie--I bought some cranberry concentrate thes afternoon. Hope I got the right thing. It's an 8 oz. bottle and was about $8. It is quite tart, if you try it. But, worth it if it works! I would certainly consider the slanted risers, but we are on a bit of a budget right now. Between the wedding and my medical expenses (headache dr. is not covered my ins.!!) I can't buy extras right now.

Marcy--So sorry about your dad. I will certainly keep him in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Hoping he doesn't need surgery. How far away do they live? My dad had knee replacement surgery last year and he kept putting it off b/c he had to go off of his coumadin, which can be scary. Everything worked out and he is so glad to have that behind him.
I hope that everything falls into place concerning your house. I'm sure that is frustratng not knowing.

Take care!
GIn:)

Marcy~ ((((hugs)))) and I am saying a prayer for your dad. Please keep us posted. Great! workout today. I'm glad you understand about my decision. I do think I have gotten stronger:) I hope all goes well with your house. Is she now saying she isn't sure? In MD you only have 2 ways to back out of buying a home: the by-law of the community-> when you look at them you can say no to the house, and after the home inspection. Otherwise your in. Oh also if you don't get a mortgage.

Gin~ I bought cranberry juice today but I'm not sure if its the right kind- it only cost 4$ and Heather said it costs $8. I am going to try it too.

I think I am going to get the slanted risers, but I will have to wait and do STS first. We had the heater making a weird noise, had the guy come out to fix it, turns out it would be less expensive to just get a new one! However, while the guy was down there, he noticed our water heater had rust on it, and needs to be replaced. he also said since we are replacing the heater, and our air conditioner is 16 years old, we should go ahead and replace that too!!!!x( x( :eek: We are having someone (2 other someones) come out and give us other estimates. This first guys was astronomical!!! We got his estimate this morning - good thing I already ordered STS!

Hi Again!

Gin/Deanie: Thanks for all your hugs and prayers. He's getting some tests done now but still isn't in a room. It always seems like he's stuck in the ER for hours on end and he gets very cranky and drives my Mom crazy! But I don't blame him because it can get really uncomfortable. My parents live about a half hour away but we only have one car now which DH need for work but I'll have to see how things are after tomorrow.

Deanie - She isn't backing out - it's just that she hasn't even signed yet but she keeps saying she lovers our house so much and right now she's all we've got and she still has to get a mortgage although if her sale goes through, she says she'll be putting down about 2/3 of the purchase price so I don't think it will be tough to get a mortgage, although these days you never know. I know when we replaced our water heater, it was about $540 for a 40 gallon tank. I would get a new air conditioner (although I'm not trying to spend your money!). The new ones are so much more energy efficient that it's worth it. I'm sure you're so glad you ordered STS! I'll probably be ordering tomorrow.

Gin - Did you decide on a song to dance with your DS? That's horrible your headache dr isn't covered on your ins. Are the meds working now?

Marcy

Deanie--I bought cranberry concentrate in an 8 oz. bottle. Maybe you bought the "made from concentrate" kind. But it may just work the same.? Doesn't it seem as if things always break in 3's??:eek: Sure hope you don't have to have all 3 replaced at same time! I am so glad I have already ordered STS!:7 It is 77 degrees here now!

Marcy--I chose "What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong). DS seemed to like that. Will that be good to dance to? It is such a pretty song. Well, I thought that the new meds were working, but I seem to be going back to the 3 headaches a week routine! x( I think I told you that he wants me to have my fillings replaced!$$$$ If its' not one thing, it's another!:eek:

Gin:)

Okay(sigh) I bought the wrong thing. I bought cranberry juice with no sugar added " cranberry flavored juice naturally sweetened with two jices from concentrate with added vitamin C" darn! I'm going to have to return this:(

And yes, all three things will be replaced at oncex( I am bummed because we were just going to start looking into getting a much needed new shower!

Marcy~ I'm glad your parents are close by. Maybe you can see your dad tonight.

Gin~ What a Wonderful World is a wonderful song:7

Deanie

Gin - I love What A Wonderful World. Maybe you could do a waltz to that.

Deanie - Hope you get a reasonable estimate!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.