GDMT* ~ *Tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today I woke up not feeling well, still got the head cold/sinus thing, so I slept late. If I feel up to it I will do 4DS kickbox and abs later today. It may be hard though, DH is home today...

Marcy~ Hope you are feeling better
Gin~ How was legs today. I love doing them alone, I think you get a really good leg workout in about 35 min.

Have a great day~
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today I did Deanie's combo of GS Legs w/u, 4ds legs and Stretch Max#2 (with stability ball). Good workout.:)

Deanie--So sorry you are not feeling well!:( It is really going around here. Hope you feel better soon. Are you planning to do LIC or BM2 on the 1st day of the rotation next week? I can't decide. While cleaning through my closet at school yesterday, I ran across a science experiment that looks interesting. I'm going to try it today since we are still talking about Color. You take several shallow containers and fill them with water and different colors of food coloring. Then take a long piece of white yarn and drape it in and out of each container and leave it. I don't know how long it takes, but you watch the yarn become tye dye. Does that make sense?

Marcy--How are you feeling today?

Hi Tracee!

Gin:)

Gin~ I like that experiment! I will have to mention that! I am planning to do LIC. I don't like to do BM2 as is, it is too long!90 min!

Deanie

Hi DGT!

Today was Nekea Brown's Amazing Hot Stepping that I got from the CIA sale. At first I didn't think I was going to like it, but it got better. It was an interval workout but the intervals were no where near as intense as Cathe which was okay for today because my breathing wasn't too great this morning. I'll probably wind up putting it on my trade list though since I pretty much caught on to 100% of the choreography the first time out. She's good at cueing, the music wasn't bad and she had some original stuff: reverse Ls, syncopated lunges off step. HR got up to 85% and I burned 425 calories. There was an ab section which I didn't do but looked okay.

I'm still very frustrated and DH and I are getting depressed over the house. Still no word about our contract. Just spent $400 on inspection (nothing really bad but we'll need to get a few things done) and have to get a survey. I'm really hoping I hear something today. If she doesn't want our house, I wish she'd just say it and get it over with. She just keeps saying how much she loves and wants it but nothing gets done. Her buyer got his mortgage and their closing date is supposedly Friday. I'm hoping she's just waiting for that. My broker called yesterday and said she had the flu which is why her sister-in-law (lawyer) didn't come over. Friday it was the snow. What's the next excuse?

Sorry for rambling.

Deanie - Hope you get well soon. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.

Gin - Glad you had a good workout. Sounds like fun.

Marcy

Okay, I am NOT going to workout today. I think my body can use the rest. Also, my head is woozy, and I don't think I am up to cardio today. so now I will go have some soup and a bagel:)

Marcy~ So sorry about all the stuff going on with your house!! I hope it all works out for you. I hope you hear something today. You are welcome to ramble any time you want!:)

Hi Gin!

Deanie

Okay, had to get off earlier, DH needed the computer---

Gin~ I was just looking over the rotation and was thinking of doing BC (the original) instead of LIC on Sunday, just because we are doing step 3 days in a row. and then in week 3 where we are supposed to do BC, we could do LIC. Your call- do you want to do BC on sunday? or one of the others?

Also, I just read another article that said if you want to increase your strength, you should lower your weights for a few weeks and then jump back into heavy lifting. So I am glad we are doing an endurance rotation. I am looking forward to it, and I think my body will thank me too;-) I think I will try to do endurance every 3-4 months.

Deanie

Hi Again!

Marcy--I have not ever heard of the instructor whose workout you followed today. At least you are reducing your pile of dvds, right?
I'm sure the house situation is frustrating when things are moving along so slowly. Hopefully it will all come together soon.

Deanie--I love LIC and BM2, but will trade for BC next Sunday, if you like and then I will have something to look forward to in 3 weeks. I think that is our Spring Break week!:)
I tried the experiment today. First with yarn and it only dyed the yarn where it was in the colored water. Then I found some cording in the supply closet (that you use for cording pillows) and that worked. In a matter of minutes you could see the color traveling up through the cord and meeting the next color. I used the colors of the rainbow in that order. ROYGBP. Fun!:)
Hope you feel better soon. You are smart to listen to your body and rest! I know it's hard to do!

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.