GDMT* * *Terrific Tuesday* * *1.29

deanie

Cathlete
Hello Hello Hello :)

Today was Plyo X. I like this one, but next week I am subbing Low Max (I miss my Cathe cardio). As always, the rock star jumps were the hardest for mex(

Gin~ Rodeo week sounds like so much fun:7 :7 Its parent/teacher conferences today and tomorrow for us. It's horrible, but its true, when the "trouble" child is absent, life is easier at school. What was on the rotation today?

Marcy~ Great workout yesterday!! }( }( You must be excited for your move and new workout room. When we moved in here, the basement has a wall mirrored and a tv stand already, so we made it the workout room! The previous owner used it as a workout room, so it was all set up. (we have a 4 level home, so the kids have the sub basement as a playroom- works out perfect:) )

Tracee~ So GOOD to hear from you:7 :7 !!

Off to shower, I've got to be at school at 8:15 this morningx(
BBL,
Deanie:*

Good Morning DMT!

Today was LIC cardio timesaver. Nice to have a shorter workout every so often! I am through with Debbie's rotation and I have made up my own for the next few weeks (until end of Feb.)

Deanie--Good luck with your parent/teacher conferences. We have ours in the fall. In the spring, we just fill out the sheet and send it home. The parents (at our school) are usually just concerned about whether their children are ready to go on to Kindergarten and if they are ready for the private schools. Most of our children test for private school. Sorry I am rambling!:p I would love to workout in my basement, but not sure if is a possibility. We would have to raise the ceiling! Maybe we should just move!!:eek:

Marcy--How was Dance Wars last night? I still have not watched it. Did you do Plyo X also?

Tracee--Hi!!

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hi all! Thanks for the input on STS. I'm still very interested in it mainly because it's weight training and that's what I enjoy the most. I guess I'm just having a hard time committing to the $200. :eek:

All your talk about designated workout rooms makes me envious. The kids have taken over the area I work out in since Christmas because it's also the same place where they play all of their video games.

Enjoy the rest of your day ladies!

Tracee

Good Morning DGT!

Good Morning!

This morning I did Abs/Core + and Interval X+. I did Abs first. It was quite an intense ab workout. I loved the variety and I really felt my core working the most with the hanging moves, especially the hanging up and overs. A couple of moves like the Wood Chopper and Discus Thrower were like Lunge & Reach in Core Syn only you keep your feet stationary. I felt like I was working a lot harder in Interval X+ than my heart rate monitor showed. I was having a little trouble breathing but I don't know if I tired myself out too much doing Abs first. Tony does 20 moves at three varying degrees of impact. You get a minute water break and do the same 20 moves but in reverse order. The only thing I didn't like was the pushups. I just wanted a total cardio workout. One pushup was the 3 count pushup where you hold for one count down and one count up, then hold for 2 counts down and 2 up and then 3 down and 3 up. The Carlito 3 way pushup is a burpee. First time it's done in kind of slow motion and then works his way up to jumping back, pushup, jump in and jump up. After Chest & Back yesterday, I really didn't feel like doing pushups. This is about a 41 minute workout and I burned 271 calories. I actually liked the minute intervals better, they gave you more time build up to each interval. With the 30 second ones, my HR wasn't able to go back down that fast. I really enjoyed Interval X+ and it went by very quickly. I burned 160 calories with Abs + just to give you an idea of how intense that one is.

In case you're interested, here are the moves for Abs/Core+:

Hanging toe tap knee raises - :30
Tip-Toe Crunch (R) - :28
Tip-Toe Crunch (L) - :28
Scorpion Plank w/twist - :55
Spread leg, banana cannonball - :30
Hanging up and overs - :31
Discus thrower (R) - :39
Discus thrower (L) - :34
Warrior Bow (R) - :33
Warrior Bow (L) - :31
Scissor climber - :28
Hanging knee kick - :39
Wood chopper (R) - :36
Wood chopper (L) - :36
Downdog crunch - 1:37
Banana mason - :32
Mixed Bike - :32
X Crunch (R) - :30
X Crunch (L) - :26
Plange sphinx to plank - :30
Weighted seated back stroke - :35
Hanging pelvic tilt - :29
Straight leg X Crunch (R) - :27
Straight leg X Crunch (L) - :24
360* Chatarunga - :33
Cherry Bomb - 1:00
Cooldown - :40

and here are the moves for Interval X+:

Warm up - 5:25
Run in Place - 1:00
Knee Kick, Front Kick (R) - :31
Knee Kick, Front Kick (L) - :31
Hop Squats - 1:00
Charleston Kick (R) - :31
Charleston Kick (L) - :30
Loading Dock (R) - :34
Loading Dock (L) - :32
Jockey Squats - 1:00
Tires - 1:03
Speed Skaters - 1:00
3 count push ups - 1:05
80/20 squats (R) - :30
80/20 Squats (L) - :30
Side Lunge, Side Kick (R) - :30
Side Lunge, Side Kick (L) - :30
Deep Jack Seats - 1:00
Plyo Lunge - 1:00
Jacks - 1:02
Carlito 3-way Push ups - 1:01
Water Break - 1:05

Repeat the entire sequence backwards starting with the Carlito 3-way push ups

Cooldown - 3:20

Deanie - I had started to miss Cathe cardio too. It was also wierd not stepping for three months considering it's my favorite cardio. You were so lucky to have a built-in workout room. Sounds like you have a big house. I've never been in a home with a sub-basement.

Gin - I watched Dance Wars last night. They eliminated Charity (who was on Bruno's team) but I'm not surprised. I was actually surprised he picked her in the first place; I didn't think she was that good. Lacey did great in the Aretha Franklin number - Think. I liked Bruno's first number and Carrie Ann's second number so it was hard to pick. I think I still voted for Bruno's team in the end.

Tracee - Welcome Back! Glad to hear from you. Maybe you can send your kids to Deanie's so they can play and you can work out!;-) :p

BBL.

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

Gin~ Are you happy with your results from Debbies rotation? What kind of rotation did you do for yourself- more or less cardio? conferences went well, it was actually a harder day than a regular school day:eek: What did you dress up as today for Rodeo week? that is so cute:7 :7

Marcy~ I'm glad you wrote the ab exersises, but I don't know what they are!!!LOL:7 There is NO WAY I would want to do a pushup today either!!! after chest and back! I had DOMs in my chest and biceps this morning. We call it the "sub basement" not sure if thats the right word. The real basement is the lowest level,walk up @8 steps--> the sub basement is on the same level as the garage, walk up @8 steps---> main level with front door(kitchen, dining rm., living rm. family rm.) walk up @8 steps and the 4 bedrooms are at the top. So the basement is under the main level and the sub basement is under the bedrooms(the steps are all on top of each other- like a spiral with breaks at each level)- its not all straight up like a colonial. Its hard to explain. I did luck out that the previous owner had used the basement as a workout room, the cinder blocks are painted and he installed lighting all over, and there is vinal (sp?) tile on the floor. I specifically liked this house so the kids could be in the playroom and I could have my own workout room.

Tracee~ Your kids are welcome at my house anytime!!LOL:7

Deanie

Hi Again!

Tracee--So glad to see you posting again today with us!:) I completely understand about parting with $200. for workout dvds you have even seen! I had saved a Christmas gift from my class or I am sure my DH would say question me! Don't be jealous of my "workout" room! It is our family room and small at that. But kids are grown.

Marcy--You had quite a workout this morning or it looks that way in print, anyway! :p I wish that I had dvr or TiVo to record shows that I miss. I would like to catch up on Dance Wars. I love the song, Think!

Deanie--Your house sounds wonderful! Very few homes in TX have basements, but there are several on our block. Many are finished out and used as living space. Ours is really just storage right now.:( I have lost 4.6 lbs since Jan.1, but it is probably due more to tightening up on my eating than my workout rotation. This week my rotation is a hodge-podge: Jari Love RTTC, LIC cardio (today), BM2 dbl upper body, CF Mix & Max, Leaner Legs and yoga. Sunday I plan to start some of the dvds that I haven't used in a while: PS, HCE, Timesavers, etc. I'll alternate cardio, upper, cardio, lower, cardio, upper, yoga. Conference days usually wear me out more than just teaching. Glad they went well for you. Thursday we dress western for our "Chuckwagon Day". I bought a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt that says "Texas" on it and I have some black roper boots and either jeans or denim skirt.:p

Gin:)

Hi Again!

I'm in the process of updating my workout collection so I'll finally be able to let you know how really obsessed I am!:7

Deanie - You sound like you have a contemporary home. Being that I look at homes all the time, I have them all memorized. I have a basement but its unfinished and the ceiling would definitely be too low to workout in and it also has a cement floor. I actually like working out in the living room. I have a wood floor with a small area carpet so the flooring is pretty good and I have enough ceiling height for the ball work in Drill Max.

Gin - Congrats on your weight loss! I agree when you watch the food intake, that's when the pounds come off. Exercising is the easy part for me; diet is a killer. Sounds like you have quite a variety for your rotation. It's nice to do stuff you haven't done in awhile. Your Thursday outfit sounds great! I wish I was there to see you. Now all you need is the horse!:p It seems like half the homes I'm looking at have basements and half don't. We actually prefer to have one but we'll manage if we don't. (I'll just have to make sure it has a bonus room.)

Tracee - Maybe you could do the 3 month option for STS; that way it's not all at once. That's probably what I'm going to do. I'll probably wind up owing less interest that way.

Marcy

Gin~ Congrats on your weight loss! I also agree, what you eat and how much is so important. Your outfit tomorrow sounds fun:7 My basement ceiling is low too (87"), but since I'm short, it all works out:)

Marcy~ Yes, I think my house is contemperary- it was built in 1968 and is called a split level. We were considering, about 4 years ago, moving to Fl. where they don't have basements. We felt the same way, it was okay not to have one, just needed a bonus room instead.

Tracee~ I think the 3 month option could work for you.

Deanie:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.