GDMT* * * Tuesday* * * 11.20

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today I could not get out of bed!!! I had wanted to do DS yoga today, but since I am following week 2 of the rotation, it can also be an off day for me. I am going to try to do yoga after work today though, so I can sleep late on Thurs.

Gin~ I hope you were able to work out today. Enjoy your company:)

Marcy~ What workout did you do today? I posted in last nights thread. I want to make sure I have the order right for the X. I ordered the same door jam as you:) I also have bands, did you try the pullups and then move to the band work, for back? I think that is what I am going to do. Right now I can't do a pull up at all. I am going to try to preview my other dvds this week.

Tracee~ I hope you are having a good day :)

BBL~
Deanie

Good Morning Girls!

I had trouble getting out of bed too so not suprisingly I couldn't get abs in this morning. I did Mindy Mylrea's All About Legs - one workout with step and tubing and the other with gliding discs (I used paper plates which worked fine). Mindy is really great at working your legs without weight. I never did anything with gliding discs before but they give you more range of motion and actually make you work your legs more. I didn't do a couple of exercises from tubing and step because I didn't have the tubing with handles, I only used my resistance band. I've done all four of the workouts now and I really like this DVD and feel I will get a lot of use out of it and can also use it for short add-ons (whenever I get to a freestyle rotation).

I felt great during kickbox today. Had no trouble at all with the jumping jacks. I burned 405 calories today and 405 yesterday too. Weird it was the exact same amount. I'm down to 121.6 pounds. Lost 2# so far with this rotation. I actually think the cardio is perfect in this series and I'm real happy with it. Not too long but has enough intensity.

I got my new Tracey's last night but now with the X I won't be able to use Amy or Tracey until March:(. I'll probably try and intersperse some of them with the X when I get bored with Plyo X and Kenpo X. I read that her Glute Camp was great and the music rocked. Actually I heard great reviews about the others as well.

Deanie - Here's is the Classic Rotation:

Weeks 1-3

M - Chest & Back
T - Plyo X (intervals)
W - Shoulders & Arms
T - Yoga
F - Legs & Back
S - Kenpo (kickbox)
S - Stretch or Rest

Week 4

M - Core Syn
T - Yoga
W - Kenpo
T - Stretch
F - Core Syn
S - Yoga
S - Rest

Weeks 5-7

M - Chest, Shoulders & Tris
T - Plyo X
W - Back & Biceps
T - Yoga
F - Legs & Back
S - Kenpo
S - Stretch or Rest

Week 8 same as Week 4

Weeks 9 & 11 same as Weeks 1 & 3
Weeks 10 & 12 same as Weeks 5 & 7

Week 13 same as Week 4

I don't have the bands. I used my Door Gym for everything. Pullups are going to be harder than chinups. Chinups use the biceps and back whereas pullups are just back. I got to bar level with the pullups (just couldn't get my chin over the bar). The close grip ones are easier than the wide grip ones.

I'm going to try and do BC/Bis & Tris in the morning and tomorrow night hopefully do yoga so I can have the day off on Thursday. This is the first year we'll be going to a restaurant and everyone is actually happy about it. DS is coming with a friend of his, DH's aunt and sister and a couple of nephews are coming as well.

Gin - Did you get to workout today? Hope you're feeling better and are able to get to the store. You can't have all your boys starving!:)

Tracee - Hope you're having a good day.

Marcy

Great. Thanks Marcy. I just watched shoulders and arms. I am so psyched to start! I just want to make sure I understand... We are only going to do 8-10 reps, although the people on the dvd are doing more reps. Is that the same for the chin ups/pull ups? or is that maximum reps? I am thinking since I can't do a pull up and I still want to work my back, I may use the band for that, until I can do one. Congrats on your loss;-) Is this the least you've weighed in a while? I'm guessing you have a digital scale (121.6:) )I also love the new dvds. I am very happy with the cardio and the changes I've seen on me. I think these are Cathe's best dvds yet (although I do love S&H and PH) I really see gains and enjoy the cardio. I never got to do yoga today, so I will have to do it on Thursday. I hope you get to double up tomorrow.

Gin/Tracee~ I hope you are having a fun day:)

Have a good one

Deanie

Hi Deanie!

Yes, 8-10 reps. It's actually your choice. You can do 8-10 or 12-15 depending if you want to go for endurance or heavy. Chinups/pullups you just do as many as you can do. I think Tony might stop at 20 though but I don't think we'll be there any time soon (even though I know you're real strong:)). Yes, this is the least I've weighed in a long while and I do have a digital scale. At least I'll be starting at a low weight because I know I probably won't be losing any weight and might be gaining with the X. Warning: You definitely are going to need to eat more. These are really intense workouts and you really need to fuel your body. I like this series of Cathe's much better than the last; not that the last series wasn't good but this one suits my needs more.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.