G*D*M*T**Lets Go Tuesday* *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today was 4DS kickbox and abs only. I will do legs tomorrow. I just can' t seem to get enough of this workout!!!! I never seem to tire of it:)

Gin~ No, I don't think my DH would work out with Cathe, but he is considering doing the X. He wants to lose some weight first and is working on that. Is this week Gym styles for you?

Marcy~ Are you back at work or still on vacation?

Hi Tracee!

Have a great day all~
BBL,
Deanie

PS- I pm'd Cathe/Chris about my concerns about STS being another P90X (which I don't want) and here was his reply:

I think you need to remember that P90X is designed by a guy, STS is designed by Cathe. The same Cathe that has designed all of the workouts you have loved in the past. All of the people you are used to seeing in our DVDs (Jai, Cedie, Lorriane and Brenda) are in STS. Sure, we’re adding guys, but they’re not professional lifters. The new female cast members have way more lifting and fitness experience than the new males.
Will STS be different?...absolutely, but think back to workouts like MIS or Slow & Heavy or Cardio Kicks. At one time all of these workouts caused concern among our followers as they were different from what they were used to seeing from Cathe. With STS you will certainly see things for the first time, but you will also be surprised on how many things are very familiar to you. Our other workouts we’ve done in the past are not exactly a walk in the park either.
Our goal from the beginning has always been to bring you a “health club quality workout in the privacy of your own home”. STS comes about as close as we could ever hope to do in meeting this goal.
I know a lot of people like to compare STS to P90X. I’m sure there will be some similarities as all weight training routines follow similar principles/moves, but also many differences. We’re not trying to make another P90X, we’re trying to make the best strength training workout video on the planet we can make for the home exerciser.

Chris

Good Morning DMT!

Today I did IMAX1 and Core Max #2. IMAX2 is still my favorite of the 3 IMAXes with 3 in 2nd place.

Deanie--I am anxious to do 4ds split with you next week. Glad you are enjoying it so much. I am doing GS MWF this week.
Do you feel better about the STS after your response from Chris? It is really tough for me to form much of an opinion until I can actually do the workout. Hopefully I will really like it!:) }(

Marcy--Wondered if you were able to hear about the new DWTS stars. I did not know very many. I was surprised about Priscilla Presley. Kristi Y. should be good.

Hi Tracee!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Afternoon DGT!

I've been trying to catch up with everything. I didn't get a workout in this morning since I had to get to the office before 8:00 to get our counteroffer back to the listing agent. I gained 3 pounds from being away and its TTOM. I was getting a little anxious about them not accepting our counteroffer but the listing agent got back to our broker and she said she thought it looked like a good, fair counteroffer so I'm hoping everything goes through. They have until 5:00 tomorrow to answer. Sorry for venting a little. It's been a very stressful few days. We drove back 14 1/2 hours in one day on Sunday. I'm still trying to recover. Didn't sleep much but the air is certainly cleaner down there. Never had to use my inhaler once! And no itching either!

I saw the blog about the guys in STS and I liked what I saw. I also like that she has some new ladies. I feel positive about STS.

Deanie - I hope Chris satisfied your concerns. I think Cathe is way different than Tony and so far from what I've seen of the exercises, it doesn't seem like P90X to me. Hope your platemates work our for you. Glad your heating/cooling systems got installed and everything worked out.

Gin - I did see the announcement of the new DWTS. I was glad to see that Kristi Yamaguchi and Priscilla Presley were in it. Here are the rest of the cast:

The newbies hitting the "DWTS" floor as of March 17:

Deaf actress Marlee Matlin ("The West Wing," photo at right) – How much do we love this choice? Martin Sheen next!

Elvis ex Priscilla Presley (late of "Dallas") – Take THAT, Heather Mills! (Or should we be saying that about Marlee? Never mind.)

Penn Jillette, crabby magician/debunker – I know who I'm cheering for right now. Tom Bergeron, watch your back.

Adam Carolla, ex-"The Man Show"/radio big-mouth – I am so, so sorry, Julianne Hough.

Kristi Yamaguchi, Olympic skating star – And what happens if hubby Bret Hedican's Carolina Hurricanes make the NHL playoffs just as "DWTS" hits its climax? What then?!

NFL hottie Jason Taylor – The Miami Dolphins defensive end has great abs. (Evidence in photo at right.) I think "DWTS" drooler Lisa Rinna mentioned this six or 12 times in announcing his casting. Imagine the costume possibilities. (Take THAT, Kenny Mayne!)

Tennis (ex-)star Monica Seles – Well, she did play herself on that episode of "The Nanny."

Marissa Jaret Winokur, Broadway's "Hairspray" – She survived costarring opposite Pamela Anderson on "Stacked." Anything is possible.

Steve Guttenberg, "Three Men and a Baby" – Once he's back on the radar, beware "Police Academy 17." Or "Meet the Santas 7."

R&B singer Mario – Let America love him.

Shannon Elizabeth – Bye, bye, Miss American Pie.

Christian De La Fuente – Chilean-born telenovela heartthrob. Who?

I'm curious to see how Marlee Matlin does. It will be interesting to see how she does without hearing the music unless maybe she can feel the vibrations.

Hi Tracee! Hope to hear from you soon.

Marcy

Good Afternoon

This is the first Tues. in a while that I am not rushing around. I think its because DS is coming home on the bus today. (of course I have about 7 bags of groceries to put into the pantry still, but that's another story:)!)

Gin~ Yes, it will be fun to do 4DS together. This week I split up kickbox and legs, next week I will be doing it all together-too much leg work in kickbox, I would rather do it all at once. So next week I will do HIS, KB, stretch, LIS, BC and off on Sat.. I will be starting March rotation on Sunday- does that work for you? Tomorrow is Pajama day at school-- I am looking forward to not getting dressed!** ha ha**

Marcy~ I hope all goes well with your offer! I'm glad you didn't have to use your inhaler and weren't itching. This will be a great move for you:) What are your workout plans? are you going to finish the X? Do the endurance rotation with Gin and I? or your own thing?

Yes, Chris' answer did help alliviate alot of my concerns. I think I may have just had to much time on my hands yesterday and started to think to much!!LOL:)

Deanie:*

Hi Again!

Gin - Forgot to say WTG on GS C&T! Just getting through that one is a great accomplishment. I thought I would die the first time I did it.

Deanie - Glad Chris' answer helped you. I think I'm probably just going to do my own thing. I don't know how much time I'm going to have on my hands so it might be hard to do a set rotation. I feel all messed up with the X rotation since I missed more than a week and gained weight and now I don't know if I want to finish it. I'm not sure what to do for the rest of the week. I might just do the Total Body from X+ twice this week and add in a cardio. I'm still tired from the trip and I'll have to see how much energy I have tomorrow morning.

Sorry I won't be doing the rotation with you guys but I'm sure we'll be able to do STS together which should be a lot of fun. I'm sure the boards will be buzzing once everyone gets it in their hot little hands.

Enjoy pajama day tomorrow! Wish we had that here although it would look a little ridiculous. We do have jeans day a couple of times which is usually to support breast cancer or heart disease. You pay $5 and get to wear jeans.

I'm supposed to hear by 5pm tomorrow if they accept our counteroffer but the listing agent said she thought it looked good.

Marcy

Hi Again!

I know I am too late and you guys won't see this today, but I have more time to post later in the day.

Marcy-Don't worry about the 3 lbs. You'll get it off in no time!! Hope all goes well with the counteroffer. Glad the air/weather agrees with you!:) Thanks for the encouragement with GS CT. I think it is one of her toughest weight tapes. Looking forward to DWTS. Don't know why I love that show so much. We have done the $5 donation to wear jeans thing at school before.

Deanie--Are you doing 4ds just 4 days with no add-ons? 3 days off? Maybe I will do that and just add 2 days of running next week. Enjoy you pj day. Comfy!:)

I am needing to vent. Hope you guys don't mind. I just came home from a gyno appt. This is the dr. that delivered my youngest ds, so I have been going to him for years and respect his opinion and medical expertise. I told him about the DO I was seeing for my headaches, the results of the bloodwork and list of the hormones that I am taking. He did not agree and said the new meds were not necessary. I do still have the headaches and have spent a fortune on the medical visits, meds, acupuncture, etc. non of which our ins. will cover. I feel as if I have gotten nowhere on all of this. I guess I should just stop taking all of the hormones. He also said that I should be careful with the headache med b/c taking it so often could cause kidney problems. :( Thanks for letting me vent. I am so frustrated!

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.