G* D* M*T***Monday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today was Chest and back. I started doing HIS warm up and chest and back(increased weights since last time) and was going to stop, but it had only been 1/2 an hour, so I ended up doing the whole HIS workout- weights first then cardio. I still did the one arm row with 35# for the first round(will prob. go up next week) and 70# for the bb row, but I went up for chest flyes on incline with db- I used 27# (up 2#) and for back one arm row with db elbow up, I used 35# for 12 reps (last time I only did 30# for 8 reps) So I am very happy with my workout today:) I think I will do 4DS rotation for the next 3 weeks. Its still heavy lifting with 2 hours cardio and one day stretching.

Gin~How was timesaver legs?

Marcy/Tracee~ I hope you had a good workout and a fun weekend.

BBL,
Deanie
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today I did Timesaver #5 (L&G, SJP and Bonus all legs plus SJP abs) then walked 3 miles. Good leg workout. 48 min. total.
A friend called last night that I used to run long distance with and she wants to start getting back into running again. I love to visit with her and don't see her much. Just as I am trying to do less cardio!:p

Deanie--I am (as usual!) in awe of how much you can lift! STS will be a piece of cake for you! I love seeing the Blog pics!}( :) I really want to find out the # I should be lifting.

Hi Marcy and Tracee! Hope you guys had a good weekend!

Gin:)

Good Afternoon DGT!

I'm really late checking in today. Have lots to do before I leave on vacation. I started this week's rotation yesterday and changed things up since I don't have a lot of time this week. I did Super Callanetics last night which has legs and abs. This workout is intense. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I was kind of sore so I did Stretch Max 2. I love hanging over the ball. This morning I decided to try Upper Body Plus. I was very happy. Another great "plus" workout. This is more of an endurance workout so I went a little lower with my weights on some exercises. Here are my stats:

Double Double Dip'll Do Ya (cute name!) - you do 2 pushups then swing your legs through the chairs and do two dips - I did 22 in all
Dead Leg Switch Pullup - 1
2-Direction Circle Flies - 34 reps @ 8#
Lunge Curls - 8 reps @ 19#
Hammer Kick(back) - 9 reps @ 16#
Frog Pushups - you do a pushup and then jump forward into a frog stance - 15
"L" chinups (legs straight out in front of you)- 1
Fly Blaster (Shoulders) - you balance on one leg while bringing weights out to side and then to the front - 10# (that was enough)
Lean Back Curls - 10 reps @ 16#
1-Legged Bridge Dips - Tony uses bridge stands or power stands - I used my pullup bar on the floor - 40 reps
Spiderman pushups (Gin - these are not like Jari's in RTTC) - 12 - These are more like a chaturanga pushup (like in plank to chat run)
7-Point Pullups - you go from wide to narrow - I attempted 6
Warrior Swim - leg in warrior 3 position with arms swinging back and forth - 9 reps @ 10#
Pumper Curls - 13# - lost count - he does fast and slow reps
Side Hammer Kick - 9 reps @ 13#
Iso Climber Pushups - these are done slowly - do a pushup, pull one knee in and put it back - 12
Clean to Negative pullups/chinups (any hand position allowed) - 1 full, attempted 3 more
Shoulder Everything - Your arms go into a T, W and V position while your legs are either in a lunge or straight leg position - 10# (this was plenty)
Bicep Everything - 4 positions - out to the side, in front, supination and hammer - 13# (lost count of reps)
Combat Pushups - you do a pushup, then in plank position, you walk legs out to right side and come back and walk legs out to left side and come back - 10

I really enjoyed this workout. You get a lot done in 45 minutes.

I saw the blog pictures. STS looks very impressive although I'm still trying to hold off as long as possible.

Deanie - Good work on chest flies!

Gin - It's nice you'll be running with a friend again but unfortunate it's at the exact time you're trying to cut down on cardio. Thanks for thinking of me when doing your yoga. :)

Marcy

Hi Again!

Before school today I overheard a cute young mom in the hall talking about the fact that she would be running the Austin Marathon on Sunday. My ears perked up and went out into the hall to hear more. I told her I ran it 5 years ago. I felt as if she looked at me like I was a fat out of shape OLD lady and there was no way I could ever run that far. I am a good 15-20 years older than most of these cute young moms. Oh well. I think my HEART is in good shape for my age! :)

Marcy--Great workout!! Lots of tough stuff! Especially pushups! How many more weeks til completion? When do you leave to go out of town? Super Callanetics...Brings back such memories!:7

Hi Gin!

Maybe she's more out of shape than you. Maybe she's one of those skinny fat people that look great on the outside but aren't as fit as they look. I think you're in great shape for your age.:) Don't let the young moms get you down.

I have two more weeks after this one for the rotation. I leave Wed. morning. Can't wait!

I'm still feeling DOMS from Super Callanetics. This is a great workout. I hope I get as good results as everyone else I keep hearing from.

Marcy

Marcy--I guess I sounded kind of sad and pitiful, didn't I? Didn't mean to. No, this mom looks great and is very fit. I see her walking down the hall in her workout clothes all of the time. I heard another cute young teacher talking about working out with her trainer and how tough the workouts are. Someone asked how much she pays him....$10. for 4 30 min. workouts each week. Which sounds like a bargain, unitl I started adding it up. I could buy a lot of Cathe dvds with that $$!!:eek: :7

How long will you be gone? Are you going to look at the "dream" house?

I remember Super Callanetics as really getting in there, but good!}( Wish I had not loaned to someone all those years ago!
Have a good evening!

Gin - I'll be gone about 6 days. I'll e-mail you a picture of the house tomorrow. Yes, SC really got in there good! Maybe you could get it back in a trade or on the yayas. It's on Collage but I think $24.95 is a bit much. I think I've seen it on ebay a few times.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.