FRIDAY!!!!KETTLEBELLERS, FRIDAY!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Todays workout was the same as last Friday, only today I did it right and did 5 rounds. I forgot which crossfit I got this from. It was definitely a puke-worthy workout!:confused: for my warm up, I jogged for 5 min on level 4 of my treadmill. For 400M, I ran .25 miles. I hope that is the equivalent.....

Here is my workout posted from my blog:
Second time's a charm =)

Posted 05-15-2009 at 06:39 AM by deanie
WOD: 4.23.09

Complete five rounds for time of:

• Run 400m
  • 25 box jumps (M:24"/W:20")
Here is how I think: A single four hundred meter run done multiple times in a workout should be completed in less than two minutes. 25 box jumps should be completed in less than one minute. That means this workout should be completed in less than 15 minutes.

Finished out with:
1 set 5 deadlifts @ 65# (will up to 75# next week)
2 sets 6 assisted pull ups

**comments:
Final time for WOD:19.30:)
treadmill set at 7.0 entire time
at the end of 3 rounds I was about the same as last week on time.

===============================

Gayle::: saw your blog- Beg for Grace. Great workout!! I think mentally 80 reps would be hard!..but you made it!!!:D I agree with psyching your self out or up really works. To psych myself up that I "can" do this, was the only way I got thru the 50 swings/10 seconds rest in etk. (one time I wrote down a quote in my workbook from the swigg blog "You are hot, you can do this!" It psyched me up and made me laugh!!- AND it worked!!!!:eek:) LOL.... thanks for the link. I think that is the way for me to learn, may take forever though:eek: I think till I get it, I will use Jane's idea and use the heavy weighted jumprope.

Marcy::: Great job as always with the yoga! And congrats on your crow to plank!!! You must have great arm and ab strength!! What's on the schedule today?

Rhonda::: WELCOME BACK!!!:) Did you get to Providence yesterday?

Jane::: I liked your conditioning ladder!! How'd it go? Think I could use an 8# med ball for a slam ball?

MIssy::: How are you feeling today? and how are you enjoying SIM? My DH and I tivo'd LOSt and will watch it tomorrow night. Can't wait to see it!!! Without giving anything away.....was it good????

Andilynn::: Enjoy your STS today! Are you seeing any kind of results or definition from alternating kb and sts or its just a good way to mix things up?

Have a great Friday!!!! everyone:cool:

Yay, Friday!!!!!!

Deanie - Great workout today! That's a really good time. I won't give anything away, but the Lost finale was awesome. :) I like your idea of writing down a quote to help get psyched up.

Marcy - Way to go on Crow-to-plank!! You must have incredible balance, not to mention core strength.

Gayle, Beg For Grace? Lol, who comes up with these names? Seriously, only crazy people would want to attempt something named "Death by Kettlebell", "Beg for Grace" or even "Sorry. Now Run"... and it sounds so good to me!!! so what does that say about our character?

Missy - I don't know about character, but I think we're all in good company. :D:D BTW, you might also like "Those Burpees Suck". http://www.cathenation.com/forum/blog.php?b=1116
I hope your DOMS are better, and staying up for the Lost finale is always a valid reason for a rest day. :)

Jane - I love that conditioning ladder! Thrusters and burpees together are brutal.

Andilynn - Hope you DOMS are better.

Waves hello to Rhonda!

Last night I did "Beg for Grace" which was basically the following:

1. Multiply you body weight by 40, for me 140 x 40 = 5600
2. Move that amount of weight (5600lbs) from the floor to overhead. I ended up doing the power clean and jerk with:
4 x 10 @ 70lbs
4 x 10 @ 60lbs
1 x 7 @ 60lbs
It was tough. It took me around 35 minutes.

Tonight I'm planning to try another CF 603 WOD, the weather is supposed to be nice here, so I'm going to try it outside:

• 10 KB American swings (24K/16K) + 1 burpee
  • Sprint 100M
  • 9 KB American swings + 2 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 8 KB American swings + 3 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 7 KB American swings + 4 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 6 KB American swings + 5 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 5 KB American swings + 6 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 4 KB American swings + 7 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 3 KB American swings + 8 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 2 KB American swings + 9 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
  • 1 KB American swing + 10 burpees
  • Sprint 100M
Have a great day everyone!

I am like the energizer bunny

Not quite but much better than yesterday. I slept in this morning so I will workout this afternoon.

Deanie- Should I send you some puke bags? You did a smoker this morning.

Jane- How did your conditioning ladder go? I didn't understand the jumping rope part. Did you do 100 jumps and then work your way down/

Gayle- That beg for grace workout would make me want to lie about my weight.

Marcy- Okay when I clicked on the crowpose picture, my first thought was " I would not do this after eating Mexican food" :). Congrats on achieving that.

Missy- Hi there. Hope the kid didn't wear you out too much.

Waves to everyone else.

Hi again,

Just have to jump in to say...
A. thanks gals, for the kind words about the workout today :)
B. Gayle! I wrote that workout down the other day!! Love it! Just wasn't sure how to do it on the treadmill. ENJOY ENJOY!:) and thanks for the heads up on LOST. ...love Sawyer:p! (and I usually don't go for blonds! ;))

Rhonda: you crack me up! ...glad you are feeling better today. I hope you have a good workout this afternoon. keep us posted!

Hi Everyone!!

Oh my...that conditioning ladder was wicked yesterday. I used my 44# bell for swings and 2 18#'s for the thrusters. I did all my burpees too!!!!

Deanie ~ I used a 18# dynaball for slam ball. It's bigger than a med ball but works fine. Make sure you med ball does NOT bounce. My friend used a med ball that bounced for slam ball and took it in the face. You need the kind that does not bounce.

Farmer ~ For the jump rope section of the ladder I did 100 reps, 90 reps, 80 reps, etc. It worked fine!

Gayle ~ I like the workout you're doing tonight.

Tonight I'm doing a running drill. I don't have it with me but it 20 swings, 20 sit ups, 400m run repeated for 5 rounds.

Waves hi to everyone else.

Good Afternoon!

Today I started out with 2 and 3/4-1 pullups. Then I did 10 Days Results to a Better Body - Upper Body Workout:

Rows - 15# (I didn't have my notes with me from last workout and I actually used 18# last time but 15s still felt good)
Kickbacks - 7# (didn't realize I used 8s last time but still felt good)
Shoulder windshield wipers - 5# (same as last time)
Balancing clean & press - 10# (same)
Overhead tricep extension - 13# (same)
Biceps and shoulders -curl up, out in and down and also in one motion - 10# (same)
Front and side lateral raise - 5# (used 8# last time but will go back up to 8)
pushups - 8 with 2-2 count and 16 singles (all on toes)
renegade rows - 10# - did all but 6 on toes (did all last time on toes - oh well!)
Abs - alternating cross punch - 5# (same)
Plank jacks - did all
Reverse crunch and with straight leg hip lift

Then I did 22 minutes of Core Rhythms Salsa Blast - my ribs actually started to hurt from all the isolations. I didn't have time to do the whole workout but I liked it and felt my core working.

Went for .3 mile run with Max.

Deanie - Great workout!

Gayle - I do tend to work on balancing moves a lot and I feel yoga really strengthens your core.

Are American swings what we've been doing so far or is this another swing I don't know about? Hope you have a great workout!

Farmer - Thanks! I wouldn't eat Mexican either before doing that but you're not supposed to eat for 2 hours before doing yoga.

Jane - Congratulations on getting through your conditioning ladder! Especially with all the burpees!

Jane/Gayle/Deanie - You should all enter a CrossFit competition. I'm sure you would all do great!

Marcy

Marcy - The American swing goes overhead. It's the default swing for "CrossFit" but I know some affiliates also use the Russian swing (chest high). Anthony Deluglio had stated in one of his Minute of Strength videos that he's not a fan of the American swing.

I use the Russian swing for most stuff, but if I'm doing a CrossFit benchmark, like "Helen" or something where it's specified, I'll use the American. It packs a little more of a cardio punch, but that's about it.

Gayle - Now that you've explained it, I actually did the American Swing. Lauren Brooks does them in her workout. I know Anthony's not a fan, but I actually felt my core turned on when I did them overhead.

Marcy

Thanks for the Push and Personal Question

You ladies keep me accountable. Thanks so much.

Does anyone experience extreme fatigue during TTOTM. If so what do you do? I just feel like I have been zapped and I am out of commission for at least 2 days.

I did Providence 1-7 and the swing segment of Keith Weber Extreme Cardio.

Rhonda - I do sometimes. If I'm feeling bad enough, I'll just call it a rest day or do some yoga. I think sometimes it can be exacerbated if my eating has been bad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.