----- Friday!!!! Clean eating -----

Little JuJu Bean slept thru the night!!!!!! I feel so good!

Normal kinda day here - cooking & cleaning and shuffling kids. Gina's off to a friend's after dance and Isabel is having a friend over. Should be fun! Gina has a bday party tmrw and we have church on Sunday but no other plans so that's a good thing!

WO today is cardio & stretching. I did some light abs last night w/ my CS so I suppose I should hit that a little harder today.

Must clean up my eats. Meals are fine, it's the sugar in between. Who's with me?

Morning Kate!

I got up early this morning and did PS legs. I'm glad I got it in because my morning has been super busy and I'm off to Brussels in a couple of hours. Going out for a girl's night and then hopefully to the airport in the morning to pick up my sister.

My eats are blah. But I don't think this week is the week to try to focus on them. I will be happy if I just avoid bingeing/overeating. That will be a success for me. And who knows what my WOs are going to look like this week. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't workout at all and I'm going to have to be ok with that.

Here's my week:

Tomorrow pick up sis, spend day in Brussels/maybe Bruges

Sunday: Disneyland with kiddos

Monday: Paris? w/sis and drive to Brussels to stay at friend's house

Tuesday: Venice

Wednesday/Thursday study for exam on Thursday afternoon

Friday?!?! not sure where sis is flying out of yet. If Paris, maybe spend another day in Paris. Versailles?

EEK! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Must take vitamin C.

Off to the bakery, it's "jambon et fromage" day for the girls. I love our bakery.

The sun is out and I'm happy and choosing joy.

Angie, I'll choose joy with you! You have a busy week ahead for sure! Lots of deep breaths and enjoy it! Let yourself have an active recovery week and you'll come back next week ready to hit it hard!

-
I weighed myself. I was scared to death but figured I'd need a reality check. Holding steady!:D This could go one of 2 ways..... 1- I get excited that I can eat crap snacks and still maintain so I just keep going.:mad: OR 2 - I see I haven't done major damage and step it up excitedly. I'm going to try hard to do Option2! We leave for FLA in 5 WEEKS(!!!!). If I really stepped up my game I know I could drop a pound a week - NOT unreasonable. And 5# makes a big difference to the shape of my body. So, here goes! I'm going to post every bite I take and PLEASE don't be easy on me....Like don't say "Well, ice cream has protein and calcium". Yes, it does, but it also has fat & sugar. Tell me "WTHeck are you doing?! Think of your goals!" Time to buckle down!

hi girls. hoping today is better. i am really going to think of angie's sentiment and choose joy! 10 miles done, maybe some abs and yoga later.

angie, you sound so reasonable and grounded and healthy! pat yourself on the back. it is not all about eating and exercise. think of all you will see and do and experience this week and how it will enrich your life!

go kate, go!

lisa, i saw your post last night. i too have days when i just want to veg. sometimes i give in:eek:

colleen, great wos yday!

katie, i hope our help person makes things oh so much better. how are you feeling?

anne, i totally think you sound talk to tcb. what is there to lose?

becky, is it going to rain today too? i fear it will be so hot here soon. yummy dinner.

hi robin - how are things?

klaudia, do you celebrate regular easter or just orthodox easter?

clintonya, i hope you are feeling better too.

work was good yday. family drama is awful. i have not talked to my little sister in 10 days, and it feels crummy. my dad possibly inadvertantly is dragging me into my parents divorce, which will go to court, and dh and i are arguing. here is me, choosing joy....

UGHHHHHHHHHH I did it again ! I just lost a long and chatty post !!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: That makes me crazy !!!!! ugh

Okay I'll try again, maybe a little condensed .

Kate, I hear you ! DH does that to me all the time when we are watching what we eat . He tells me I need to gain weight anyway !!!! NO , NOT TRUE and NOT helpful ! I will not do that to you !!!

Angie, you sound busy but it sounds FUN busy ! I hope you can enjoy the fun things you have planned & the time with your sister .

We woke up to SNOW ON THE GROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!! Unexpected and the news is saying there are accidents everywhere , schools are delayed !!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY STUFF !!!!!!!!!

Its shoulder/bi / tri today for me.

DH works tomorrow , so it's like my Thursday. :confused: :confused:

Can't remember what else I posted, but I am Choosing Joy today !;):)

Becky
Hi Nina ! We posted at the same time. Sorry for all of the FD. I hate that !!!! Hope it gets better !!

Last edited:
Happy Friday!

Wow! Am I ever pmsing!! Yesterday was good until I got to the ice cream social and had a serving with raspberries and chocolate chips. Then I came home and dug into the Doritos Darrin got out:eek: And guess what my payment was? More tummy troubles! Will I never learn?! Oh, and no workout so today or Sunday I need to double up my weights and cardio. Big game on tonight and we might have some freinds over to watch but other than that no plans for the rest of the weekend. Darrin will be heading up north and I may try and go shopping:)

Angie, I'm trying to choose joy too! You have a crazy busy wek! Do your best and don't stress about it! Enjoy your time with your sister!

Kate, I will hold you accountable if you keep my booty in line! My meals are good too-it's the snacking that kills me! You can do it!

Nina, we celebrate both which is fine except for years like this when they're both on the same day and I have to go to 3 different places!:eek: I love Easter though:) Big hugs to you! I'm sorry you have to deal with all that drama. It's super stresful I know. Hang in there, do your workouts, and vent away anytime you want!

Becky, sorry about the lost post! It's freezing here this morning-10* because of the windchill!

Love you too Katie!

Nina, That sounds like some wicked FD! Glad you had a good run!

Becky, I hate losing posts! I used to do that on my old laptop all the time!
Thanks for the support! I'm going to need it to keep fired up!
YIKES on the March snow!

Katie, MWAH! Love you too! Hope today goes better for you!

Klaudia, Sorry for the derailing! Let's keep it together together!:D

forgot my food!

Breakfast was eggs w/ yellow peppers and crumbled bacon. That crumbled bacon is awesome stuff! 1T has only 25 cals and adds so much flavor! I sprinkle on a little Tony Chachere's seasoning and YUM! Julia ended up wanting my breakfast so I also ate a half apple w/ a light smear of pb w/ a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. I will chug my water and be good til lunch, which will be a grilled chicken salad w/ carrots, orange peppers and maybe a glass of milk. Grapes or apple slices too. Not sure on dinner yet.

Hi Everyone!

Well I finally got up on time and got out of the house on time. My allergies are a little better today so that helped. Did STS Disc 30 Shoulders, Bi's & Tri's. I always struggle with M3 because it is so long and hard. Only 2 more weeks and then I will be done with the hard lifting.

Kate, I will definitely hold you accountable if you help me. I have been snacking way too much and it needs to stop. Love your breakfast. What kind of crumbled bacon do you use?
Klaudia, I have a hard time learning too. I wish we could freeze that upset tummy moment every time we want something bad.
Katie, hope you have a great day!
Becky, snow at the end of March - crazy. The weatherman said we might get some flurries later. Good job ordering from the healthy menu at iHop last night.
Nina, sorry for all the fd. Hopefully your positive attitude will make today better.
Angie, it sounds like you have a fun week planned. I always try to choose healthy things on the menu when it gets crazy for me.
Wendy, I can't believe you have the time to post with everything that is going on. Good luck getting ready.
Lisa, glad to see the clean eats are helping you feel better.
Clintonya, I have the sinking into the chair issue at work too. I hate it. I am trying to get up more and walk on the steps every hour.
Anne, I am glad you are busy which will make you forget your loneliness.

b: oatmeal w/ apple & almonds
l: taco salad
s: blueberries & yogurt
d: ????

OMW, TCB called me last night and it looks like he may have to go back to Florida for work. If so, he'll be there for two weeks, with a free weekend in between. Which means I could fly down and spend the weekend with him. Wouldn't that be fun? Oh, yes, it would. It's not that great a time for me, but I don't even care, I'll make it work somehow. He should know by the middle of next week whether it's a go or not. Yowza!

So I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep b/c the prospect of seeing TCB again gets me all agitated. I got up and did Disc 27. I didn't hate it as much as Disc 25, but shoulders, tris and bis are my favorite body parts to work. It was still too long, but there you go. I'm thinking I'll do STS for upper body for these last 3 weeks and do whatever I want for legs. We'll see. I also did the abs from HSChallenge. Short, but sweet.

Colleen, I'm glad your allergies are better. I'll stick with Meso 3 if you do, k?

Kate, how is your mom? I'm sorry I forgot to mention that yesterday. I hope she's doing okay. Your breakfast does sound delish!

Klaudia, I went shopping last Friday night when my dinner plans got canceled at the last minute. Found a great skirt and super hot new shoes at JCPenney. The skirt was $14! And the shoes were $25! Some great sales right now.

Katie, we love you too!

Becky, SNOW? It's cold here, too, but SNOW? Yikes.

Nina, I'm so sorry about the family drama. At least you're running, which I know helps you manage. I recommend deep breaths and beer, but I know you don't like beer, so just do the deep breaths, k? ;) And, remember, you can always vent to us if you need to. No judgments here!

Angie, your week sounds awesome to me! I have to admit I'm jealous, but will live vicariously. I love Venice, it's my favorite city in Europe. Enjoy it and take lots of pictures! How fun that you get to do all that stuff.

Lisa, how is P today? Happy bday to your family members!

Clintonya, what do you have on tap this weekend?

Hi Robin!

Okay, I have lots to do at work today. I'm having dinner with a friend and her beau tonight. He's a musician, so will be interested to hear about the cruise, which is fun to talk about. Tomorrow I'm off to visit my parents and Sunday I'm having lunch with another friend. Busy, busy!

anne

I forgot Wendy! Sorry! I hope your packing/getting ready/taking your driving test is going well! We're here for ya!

anne

Anne- YAY on time with TCB !!!!!!!!!!! I think it's a GOOD thing !!!! Yay, also on the good deals shopping ! I love getting bargains. My new walking shoes were on sale, $20 off, then using the Kohls card , another 15% ! :) That makes me happy!

Kate, what kind of bacon do you use ?? Your eats look great so far ! I find it's so helpful to write down what I eat. I often can see clearly that I am lacking in veggies or something, that I tend to ignore or not notice when I don't write it down.
So I will post mine too- in hopes of "cleaning things up" so to speak .

When I woke up : low fat fiber one muffin (I took out oil, used applesauce, added flaxseeds, used egg beaters) and green tea. After workout : breakfast smoothie.

Lunch will be homemade chicken noodle soup and an apple
not sure about dinner yet, maybe homemade veggie pizza

Kate- I also feel bad for forgetting to ask about your mom . How is she ???

Wendy, when is your drivers test ??

Thanks for asking abot my mom - she is just wore out, which she should know better by now. She is hoping to come home today so we won't expose ourselves to hosp germs to go see her there.

Back from errands:rolleyes: Will start lunch soon

To those who asked - the bacon crumbles I buy are Hormel. You can get them at reg stores but I buy a big bag at Sam's.

Colleen, Nice job on your WO! You're almost there! Let's work on these abs together!

Anne, Glad you abd TCB are keeping in touch! Florida! Awesome!
SCORE on the shopping deals! Have fun tonight!
I'm doing STS UB and my own thing for LB. I'm getting great results from Barre/CS/Squeeze.

Becky, Yummy eats for you! Good job! Do you do any snakcs in between? I don't NEED an AM snack but I get too hungry in the afternoon and need somehtign small/

Poopy diaper - gotta go! Julia's, not mine!:p haha!

Good morning!

We have a pretty rainy/humid day going. The rain isn’t bad, but the humidity is kind of icky.

Angie, you have a really busy time ahead, but it sounds like fun! Great attitude :D

Kate, OPTION 2!!! You can do it :) Glad you mom is doing better!

Nina, hang in there, sounds like things are hard in many areas for you right now. Thanks, I am trying to go w/the choose joy attitude also

Becky, not snow!!! Sorry dh has to work tomorrow, mine does also, but at least it’s from home, but still it gets so busy on Saturdays!

Katie, sorry you are late:( I saw you had a bad day yesterday! It’s Friday-so hope that you can forget about work for the next two days. Easier said than done, I am sure, cause I wake up and the work stuff is just right there in my head!

Klaudia, sorry for the pms eating :( These games have been crazy this year! Hope you can get in some shopping, that always helps :)

Colleen, yea on getting up on time :) I also struggle w/meso 3. I think I like meso 2 the best. The stairs is a great idea. We used to have part of our office on the 3rd floor and part on the 2nd so I loved taking the stairs up and down. Now we are only on the 2nd floor.

Anne, hope you all can make the fl trip work! We all need a little excitement to keep us going, so nothing wrong w/day dreaming -or night dreaming :) I am hoping for a PRODUCTIVE weekend so that I can get caught up at least a little!!!

Wendy, hope you are getting lots done!!!

Clintonya

Hi Everyone!

I just remembered that Wendy asked about putting workouts on her iPod. It can be done but you need software. I will check to see what I have on my computer tonight. Also the newer workouts take much longer than the older ones. Also you need to make sure you have enough space on your computer/iPod for the workouts.

Kate, glad to hear your mother is doing better and you can avoid the hospital.
Clintonya, I hate humid rainy days. It feels like you can't breathe.
Anne, FL sounds fun. I have learned if you have an opportunity to do something fun just do it.
Becky, chicken noodle soup sounds good right now. It is rainy and cold here.

I am excited because I leave early to go to the dentist. I haven't had a cavity so going to the dentist isn't a problem for me. I like how clean my teeth feel afterwards. I had my planned lunch which was yummy and no extras. My biggest problem is when I get home from work but hopefully my clean teeth will prevent me from munching.

Kate- yes, between lunch & dinner I usually want a snack. Sometimes it's a smoothie. That seems to hold me until the next meal the best. What do you snack on ? I'm always looking for ideas. :)

Clintonya- like you, I LOVE Meso 2!! That's my favorite. I like Meso 3 next. I LOVE the heavy lifting, don't care for the SUPER long breaks though. The workouts seem sooooooooooo long !!

Anne, I was the same way about the dentist. UNTIL I started having some dental problems ! Now I HATE going !!!!! ugh

I MIGHT have good news............Dh said he might not have to work tomorrow !!! YAYYYY !:D:D Fingers crossed !!!

Urgh.....Julia = Stinker. She was so tired and showed so much promise for a good afternoon nap. She nursed, conked out, I laid her down....she woke up. Taking girls from school to dance oughtta be real iteresting.:rolleyes::eek: Kept her in her bed and she jabbered to herself for an hour while I did CS Essentrics. Total. Stinker. Will do some cardio tonight after PumpkinFace goes to bed.

Lunch was on track! I had 8 mini chocolate chips as I was preparing Isabel's snack for school (homemade trail mix). I wanted 3 handfuls so I consider this a victory.

Clintonya, LOL! We don't get humid here til July or August!:p
Any big plans for the wkend?

Colleen, ita - super clean teeth curtail snacking! good luck! if you really need sthing how abt some grapes or sthing else light?

becky, i rely on nuts a lot for snacking. or fruit or cut up peppers. pb is usually added in there. im thinking abt a glass of milk? but i hate milk - id have to add a weensy bit of choc to stomach it. i love how filling it is tho.
hope u get your time w/ dh tmrw!

pm snack was a larabar while transporting kidlets. isabel wants pizza tonight to have w/ her friends - i will have a small piece and a bunch of fresh veggies

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.