Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 23, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is PS legs on the rotation!

It was a pleasure to check in with you girls! Debbie thanks for your awesome roatations! You rock, girl! I am so happy with my results!

Who is up for a second round of Debbie’s Dec. or Jan. rotation?

I will be back to report my workout and read yesterdays posts!

Have a wonderful workout and day!

Hi Belinda and all that follow!

I had a great workout today- felt good. I did PS Legs and B&G ab work.

Strong Legs
Warm up front lunges- 8 reps / 12's
Warm up back lunges- 8 reps / 12's

Front lunges- 8 reps, 3 count / 20's
- Not quite ready for 20's

Back lunges- 8 reps, 3 count / 17.5's

Static lunges- 2 sets 16 reps / 55#

Plie squats-32 reps / 30#
- I don't do the alternating side lunges, doesn't feel like it isolates the right muscles for me

Plie squats- Various reps, different counts / 50#

Step ups- 5 risers, 2 sets 12 reps / 17.5s plus 10# vest

Squats- Various reps, different counts / 60#

Sit n stand- 10 reps / 60#
-These about killed me

Quarter dead lift- 2 sets 12 reps / 75#
- Going back to 70#, this was a bit much on my arm joints, oddly

Calf raises- Lots of reps, used 12's

Inner Thigh- 2# AWs
Outer Thigh- 5# AWs
Double Hamstring raises- 20#
Single Hamstring raises- no weight

Abs

Have a great day everyone!

I had some issues with a cramp in my left foot last night and a hamstring thing this morning so I did not do the lower body workout this morning. Instead I did the upper body portion of "Squeeze", the step portion of SJP, and then a few 1RMS. I hope to do some lower body this afternoon and then maybe more 1rms or some yoga.

This week alone with cleaning up my diet and also adding more cardio I've dropped 1.5 lbs! I am stoked! (my legs are mad from all the stepin- but I'm not!)

Thanks for making this rotation Debbie! You kind of lost me on the PS weeks since I don't own that one - but thats alright. It was nice checking in with everyone. :)

Good Morning Ladies!

Just finished my 7 miles run in 60 degree weather!!:eek:
I am taking a day off from work. Will do some fun things and it's our 27th anniversary today! We are old!:eek:

Belinda~WTG girl with your great results from this rotation!:D I would love to continue checking in. Will you do Dec or Jan's rotation again? I may mix it up a little. Don't know.

Have a great day!

One more day of this rotation. :( I'll miss you all! It's been great doing these rotations with you!

This morning was Pure Strength Legs & Abs. Woke up with a headache and it didn't get better as I worked out. I was getting really bad dizzy spells during the workout and getting sick to my stomach. Not liking that. I did the best I could and skipped the floor work.

LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats w/u: 25# DB – 32 reps
***Used dumbbells and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 45# DB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 4 Risers: 15's – 2 sets/12 reps
Squats: 65# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 55# - 10 reps
***Killer! This is just one excellent exercise.
Qtr. Deadlifts: 55# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout
***Again, I don't like this too much, kind of boring. The whole thing is with your arms behind your neck. I don't like that, my neck gets all strained.

Don't have time for personals today. I hope you all do well with today's workout! I'll check in tomorrow and should have more time!

I am going to go workout now. I'M in for a Dec. or Jan. wo.
Gin, congratulations on 27 years. I look forward to that in 13 years. Way to go. I hope you have a great day.

Veronika

Hi girls,

Gin** Happy 27th Anniversary! Have a fun filled day with your husband! Thanks for your kind words! I do love the results I got from Debbie’s Dec. and Jan. rotation! I will do the Dec. rotation again!

Debbie! I will miss you too! Thanks for everything! This is the first time I am seeing the scale go down instead of up, since my mom passed away in 2007! I have learned so much the last 2 month! I am very grateful you took the time to help us and for putting together these awesome rotations. Thanks for recommending the Sportsline HR monitor, I love mine! DH wants one too, lol! You are incredible, thank you so much! :D

Doing 3 sets each is tough! I know I didn’t needed to add extras, but I wanted to hit my legs hard! I did! LOL!

Front/Back Lunges w/u – 1 set/8 reps 15lb
Front Lunges – 8 reps/2 sets ,15/15
Back Lunges – 8 reps/2 sets 15/15
Barbell Static Lunges – 3 sets/16 reps 70/70/70
Plie Squats w/ Body Bar w/u – 32 reps /70
Plie Squats - 16 singles, 80/80

Step Ups w/ 4 Risers – 3 sets/12 reps 20/20/20 DB each
Squats - 16 singles, 80/80/90
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers – 10 reps/70/7070
Qtr. Deadlifts - 3 sets/12 rep 50/50/
Calf raises 3 sets 15 lb each

FLOOR WORK
Inner Thigh Raises - 3 sets with ankle weights
Outer Thigh Raises – 3 sets with ankle weights
Hamstring Raises w/2 risers - 54 reps with ankle weights
One Leg Hamstring Press w/2 risers - 64 reps with ankle weights

I burned 960 cal.! My legs are fried!

Have a great workout and day! BBL!

Happy Friday everyone. I did PS legs and abs this morning. Used 45#barbell plus my weighted vest. I have to hold the barbell in front instead of putting it on my shoulders so I can't get alot of weight on there. I did notice that I was shaking alot and I think it was because of the major DOMS that I have in my shoulders which I have never had before. WEW HEW!!!!!

I'm going to do the first week of the rotation next week because I started a week late. Not sure what I'm going to do next month. I need to do my 1 rep max testing and I wondered if Cathe would have a good rotation to get us ready for STS. If not then I think I will do Debbie's December rotation. It sounded great!

Virginia-Happy Anniversary!

Have a good day ladies,
Bev

Oh yeah, I did legs just as called and I worked them hard. Went heavier on everything and they are shaking.

veronika

Ok... I could NOT bring myself to do PS: Legs & Abs. I just didn't WANT to. I felt panicky/anxious about stuff, so I went out in the morning, came home and did Turbo Jam's : Punch Kick and Jam. THAT felt good! I plan on doing PS: LEGS tomorrow. If I'm still feeling bad about it, I may do B&G.

Debbie
: Gosh, I don't know how you did anything with a bad headache. I get bad ones too sometimes, and I'm good for nothing. I'm almost convinced that when I wake up with a headache it's sinus induced. I've used a Neti Pot to clear my sinuses and it's helped (sometimes). Just an idea!! I feel for ya!

Oh, I did do the Abs from PS: LEGS. ...

I'm going to miss you guys too! This check in was a HUGE motivator and I definitely pushed myself like I never did before. Maybe didn't lose any weight, but I gained strength for sure!!

Muchos Gracias, Debbie!!!!!! (and everyone who did the check in!!!)

Hi Ladies....can't believe our time is coming to an end:( It was good while it lasted though:p

I really enjoyed both monthes. Im not sure if I stuck to it b/c I loved the rotation or b/c I liked checking in with you guys. I think I am going to do a week of circuits and cardio and then do Dec rotation again in Feb.

I didn't want to do PS legs today either so I did L&G's, then CTX Step and Intervals and Kickboxing. I haven't done those workouts in a long time but its amazing how well I remembered them!

Lori:)

Hello Ladies,

Congratulations on your 27th Aniversary Gin! :) I'll be married 27 years in July and people always ask me what the secret is, lol.

Debbie, working out with a headache is awful. I try to push through my headaches sometimes too, and I always wonder why I do that to myself. Checking in with you has and all of the ladies here has been great. I suffered a little set-back with the chest pains, but I kept going. I followed the rotation as best I could, and just lowered the weights. It seemed to be what I needed, as I'm feeling much better now.

If you don't mind, I have one question to ask you. For some reason my heart-rate seems to go up pretty quickly with all of my workouts lately. Even today, while I was doing legs, I had to take longer breaks between exercises to stay out of cardio zone. Do you have any idea what causes this? I've heard it could be signs of over-training, but I don't feel I've been out as hard as I used to. I'm doing 3 days cardio, 3 days strength, with one rest day per week. Just wondering if you have any ideas for me?

I'll miss checking in with everyone here. Thanks again Debbie. Your rotations are the best :)

Good Evening Ladies!

Ok, I was good and worked out today.

PS- Strong Legs & Abs
Warm up
Warm up Front Lunges 1 set 8 reps 2X8DB
Warm up dips 1 set 8 reps 2X8DB
Front Lunges 1 set 8 reps 2X12 DB
Dips 1 set 8 reps 2X12 DB
Static Lunges 2 set 16reps BB 45
Alternating Side lunges 1 set 32reps Body Bar 8#
Plie Squats 1X16,1X8 3ct hold,1X8 BB30
Step Ups 2X 12 DB15
Squats 1X16,1X4 3ct hold 1X8 BB45
Sit-n-stands 1X10 BB45
Quarter Dead Lift 2X12 BB45
Calf Raises 32/40/8ct/36/8ct
Inner Thigh Firm Bodybar (8#) +2.5# ankle wts ea. 32/16/8
Outer Thigh" " 32/16
Double Hamstring raises w/Firm Bodybar#8 4 quick, 54 slow
Single Hamstring Raises 1X64
Abs= 7 min

I added Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power Yoga= 30 min.

Wow! PS maybe an oldie but its a goodie and that leg workout is worth the cost of the DVD! I have to say this one always is tough but great. I'm sad that tomorrow is our last check-in with Debbie's rotation, sad face. But its been awesome and I'm seeing results, you rock Debbie!! Big Hugs! If anyone wants to repeat Dec/Jan Debbie's rotation and check-ins count me in.:)

See ya all tomorrow and have a great workout!

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.