Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 20, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Not sure what cardio I will do today? Haven't decited yet! I have DOMS in my triceps!

BTW,If you girls decide to do another check in, I am in:D

Hi to everyone that follows,

Good Morning!

I didn't get my weight workout in yesterday, instead I did a nice 5 mile run. It felt nice, must have been Sundays rest day:) So I am up early to get my workout in before DS wakes up!

BBL to report!

Lori:)

Good morning everyone. I just got done doing Rhythmic Step and the abs section of C&W. I am so glad that I started this rotation!! I didn't get started until the 2nd week so I think I will do the first week of it next week.

I live in SC and we got about 5 inches of snow last night so everybody is freaking out. Pretty much everything will be closed today so I guess I'm going to stay at home and enjoy watching that snow come down. I'm originally from PA so I miss the snow this time of year.

Belinda-how are you feeling?

Debbie-thanks again for all you do for us in preparing these rotations. It has to take up alot of your free time. Be careful with that shoulder. I had issues a few years ago and ended up with impingement and could hardly dress myself because it froze up! I also wanted to tell you that I bought Tom Venuto's new book and I hope to get alot of reading done today. You always talk about how much his ebook helped you that I just had to get this!

Good Morning!

Today was PS CST. It really makes a difference adding on the 3rd set. OW!:eek:

Belinda~ Enjoy your cardio, whatever you choose to do.:)

Bev~ Enjoy the snow. I'll bet it looks beautiful. It hardly ever snows here and then it just turns to ice on the streets.:(

Have a geat day all!

Today was cardio and I chose another Cardio Coach mix I made up. This one included the 2 - 8 min. treks from CC #8, the 10 alternating climbs/sprints from PP and the 5 - 1 min. sprints from CC #6 by Sean. Had an excellent workout but my legs are so tight. I really need to start stretching or I'm going to be sorry. I did do the stretch from Gym Style Legs afterwards.

I have abs on tap for later on today when I get home from work. Not sure what I'll do yet.

Cardio stats:
61 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
36 minutes above zone
502 calories burned!!!
3.9 miles travelled

BBL! :eek:

I was sooo happy that KPC was the cardio for today because on Monday I was thinking how I wanted to do that one this week. Weird. I didn't have enough time this morning to do the whole WO - I did all of the cardio and didn't have time for the abs. (I will do those later tonight) I burned 733 calories! woohoo!

Biggest Loser is on again tonight. Did anyone catch the "bob blowup" last week? Too funny...

Debbie I think I am seeing more of an improvement in my upper body from using your rotations than when I did P90. I have to look up more of your rotations :)

That is awesome, Iris! Nice job!

Hey everyone. Posting my breakdown as I said earlier. I see some of you saying you would like to take a break from the heavy weights. How many months can you lift heavy before you take a break and do circuits, endurance, ect.? Does it matter or is it unique to each person?

Mindy, it's different for everyone. I like to take a total week off every 8-12 weeks depending on how my body feels. I don't usually go to high rep workouts or total body workouts, though. I like to concentrate on heavy lifting. However, I may be doing some total body workout and higher reps soon due to so stress on my shoulder. I need to let it heal and heavy lifting isn't allowing that.

After doing the PS Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's today I thought what? It can't be done, not yet! But it was. I had gotten used to Debbie's really tough killer rotation last week, which was much longer. My muscles were kind of pausing waiting for more, but it that was it! LOL!!! See, what you've done Debbie!:p:D

Thanks again for the great workout rotation you've put together last month and this one. I'm already seeing improvement and definition, you rock!

Hugs!:D

Nora

Your welcome Nora! You are doing awesome with this rotation! Everyone is! :cool:

Debbie-thanks again for all you do for us in preparing these rotations. It has to take up alot of your free time. Be careful with that shoulder. I had issues a few years ago and ended up with impingement and could hardly dress myself because it froze up! I also wanted to tell you that I bought Tom Venuto's new book and I hope to get alot of reading done today. You always talk about how much his ebook helped you that I just had to get this!

You're so welcome! Glad you are enjoying the rotation. Wow, 5" of snow in Carolina! That is unheard of!

Hey Everyone!

I changed up my workout time today so I could watch the Inauguration. Just amazing, I was in tears and awe. What an amazing day for so many reasons.

I did do KPC including Abs. I didn't have the energy I usually do for cardio, my tummy is kind of gassy and I just didn't feel great. But I did it! Oh, plus the punches were very sore for my triceps and shoulders!! Yes, I got some GOOD DOMS from yesterday's CST. And more so in my shoulders and tri's, not so much in my chest where I usually get it.

And while I'm b*tching and moaning, my low back has been sore lately too. LOL!

Hi everyone, I've officially stopped this rotation, I needed a break from the heavy lifting (so did my left trap). I'm still reading what you all are all doing! I did KM yesterday and today I did a Kettlebell workout (Empire State), tomorrow is my rest day since I go into work. I was glad to see that others were thinking of changing it up after this rotation to take a break from the heavy, helped me to realize that my body wasn't the only one needing a break and my head actually listened!

Well, Happy Inauguration!!!

I missed my cardio workout at 5:30am yesterday, so I did the PS bis and back as it is much easier to do weights and not cardio (too sweaty) at work. I added hammer curls and rows to the sets of 2.

This morning was a KPC/TJ/TaeBo mix of sorts. 20 minutes of each....It was pretty enjoyable.

So I may add another day of cardio tomorrow, or pull the leg workout forward....Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Have a great night.

Checking in -

KPC today. About 70 min/ 500 calories.
Yep, watched the inauguration. I'm having a little intestinal distress myself now, Boingo1.
Enjoy your day, ladies.

Got up real early this morning - think I wanted to be sure I was up in time to workout, but it was like an hour early. Got busy doing work, and then realized I had less than an hour to wo! Got in Imax2 blast mania premix, though. Will probably do KPC on Thursday.
Loving this rotation. Thanks again, Deb! Ladies, thanks so much for the checkin. It certainly made me want to be sure to get my workout in and wake up so early today!
Cookie

Rest Time Question and Workout Check-in for KPC

Mindy, it's different for everyone. I like to take a total week off every 8-12 weeks depending on how my body feels. I don't usually go to high rep workouts or total body workouts, though. I like to concentrate on heavy lifting. However, I may be doing some total body workout and higher reps soon due to so stress on my shoulder. I need to let it heal and heavy lifting isn't allowing that.

Fitness Freak, When you say you take a total week off, do you mean you mean no exercise at all? Wow I was just wondering because I didn't realize it is ok to take that long of a break. I usually have fallen off the wagon when I miss 3 days and I have probably given up if it is more that five. I guess the body needs some vacation too.

I hope everyones is doing well today. I did the KPC and abs. It was a pretty good workout. I stayed with it. Here is my breakdown. Have a good night.

664 Cal
35% Fat
Max 184
Avg 150
In Zone 52 min
63 minutes.

Hi all- only have a minute to post.

I did my cardio today- went ahead with KP&C plus abs, burned 705 calories. That workout just beats me up- I find it so hard for some reason. My pikes on the ball were better, though- getting stronger. Then I did the LIC cardio premix and burned 476 calories- first time I have done any of that workout and I really thought the step was fun with great music. I think I'll keep that cardio mix as a good add on at the end of a tough workout.

I finished up my abs tonight and also tacked on 30 minutes of Rodney's yoga. BL is on right now - so sorry so short!

Fitnessfreak's January 20, 2009 check-in

Good evening Debbie and gang!:D

I did todays workout - KPC which is 68 minutes including the abs part. That was great! I really love the kickboxing workouts its a nice way to mix it up from step. My muscles were a little tight so I added Baron Baptiste Core Power Yoga= 30 min and that felt fantastic. I know my right hamstring was really tight before doing that and now it feels fine. Debbie you might try doing some downward dogs/yoga it really helps to loosen up the legs and any tension or tightness.

Wow, someone said they had snow, that's so cool. Have fun playing in it, go make a snowman and enjoy, then come in and have a nice cup of hot cocoa.

I hope everyone had a great day and great day today!

Thanks again Debbie, Hugs!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.