Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 19, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good moring girls,

Today we will do PS Chest, Shoulder & Triceps - Add one extra set to any 2 set exercise.:D

Since this is the last week of the rotation, what are you plans for next week? I will start Debbie's Dec. or Jan. rotation again until STS arrives! for cardio I wll go to the gym! I still have to work on my 1RM, haven't done one yet! I am really slow, lol! :p

Have a great workout and day!

Hi girls

I am done with PS Chest/Shoulders + Triceps!

CHEST

Push ups on my knees – 2 sets/12 reps/
Barbell Bench Press w/u – 16 reps/ 50#
Barbell Bench Press – 2 sets/10 reps 6lb/65 lb + 65lb
Incline Barbell Bench Press – 2 sets/10 reps/ 65 lb/65lb
Incline Dumbbell Press – 10 reps/25lb
Incline Dumbbell Flies – 10 reps/25 lb+ 20 lb
Incline Super Sets – 9 reps 15lb

SHOULDERS
Standing Arnold Press – 3 sets/10 reps/ 15lb/15lb/15lb
Seated Clean & Press – 2 sets/8 reps/10lb/10lb
Standing Side Lateral Raises – 2 sets/10 reps/ 10lb/10lb +10lb
Reverse Flies – 2 sets/10 reps 8lb/8lb
Seated Side Lateral Raises – 16 reps/ 10#

TRICEPS
Close Grip Dumbbell Press – 1 set/12 reps 20lb ; 1 set/10 25lb ; 1 set/8 reps 25 lb/
Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions – 2 sets/10 reps 10lb/10lb +10lb
Cross Body Dumbbell Extensions – 2 sets/10 reps/10/lb/10lb +10lb
Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions – 12 reps/10lb+10lb
Weighted Dips – 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps No weights:p

My triceps are fried!

Have a wonderful day and workout!

Will you Post?

Good moring girls,

Today we will do PS Chest, Shoulder & Triceps - Add one extra set to any 2 set exercise.:D

Since this is the last week of the rotation, what are you plans for next week? I will start Debbie's Dec. or Jan. rotation again until STS arrives! for cardio I wll go to the gym! I still have to work on my 1RM, haven't done one yet! I am really slow, lol! :p

Have a great workout and day!

Hey,
I did my workout this morning. I will post breakdown later. Bayerngirl will you post to the boards? Just wondering. I will do the Dec or Jan rotation again if someone plans to post to the boards. I just have been doing well since I have been on the boards. It seems to keep me accountable. I also am finally seeing my body respond to something for a change. No pressure. If there is anyone interested just know I am willing to post too. Have a great workout everyone. Cya soon.

Good morning! I enjoyed this workout- kind of nice to push myself in lifting as heavy as I can but not killing myself with cardio. :) I burned 262 calories.

CHEST
Decline Push ups using 1 riser and high step top – 2 sets/12 reps
Barbell Bench Press w/u – 35#- 16 reps
Barbell Bench Press – 55 #- 3 sets / 10 reps
Incline Barbell Bench Press 55#- 2 sets / 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press – 20's- 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Fly – 17.5's- 10 reps
Incline Super Sets – 17.5's- 10 reps

SHOULDERS
Standing Arnold Press – 15's and 13.25's for last set- 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press – 7's- 2 sets/8 reps
Standing Side Lateral Raises – 10's and 8's for last set- 3sets/10 reps
Reverse Fly– 8's- 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Side Lateral Raises – 10's- 16 reps

TRICEPS
Close Grip Dumbbell Press – 15's- 12/10/8 reps
Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions – 10's and 8's for last set- 3 sets / 10 reps
Cross Body Dumbbell Extensions – 8's- 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions – 8's- 12 reps
Weighted Dips – 35# DB- 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps

I don't know what I'm going to do in the next few weeks! I have some new workout DVDs I would like to try that I bought for my birthday a few weeks ago, so I'll do some of those. I think I'll take a break from heavy lifting as a focus for the next week and do some circuits. Then...hopefully STS will be here and I'll be ready to get started with that. But I could change my mind...and probably will. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all!

Today was Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I added an extra set to any 2 set exercise. Got an excellent workout.

CHEST
Push ups off step: 3 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 65# - 1 set/16 reps
Bench Press: 85#- 3 sets/10 reps
***Right shoulder really bothered me with this. This really bums me out. I'm now wondering if I'll ever be able to do heavy benching again?
Incline Bench Press: 75# 3 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 10 reps
Incline Super Sets (Flyes into presses): 20's – 9 reps

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press: 20's – 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 8's – 2 sets/8 reps
***These really bothered my right shoulder. Only did 2 sets.
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 3 sets/10 reps
Reverse Flies: 10's – 3 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 8's – 16 reps
***Went light due to the shoulder. Felt like a wimp.

TRICEPS
Close Grip DB Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps; 1 set/10 reps; 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 15's – 3 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 15's – 3 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 15's – 12 reps
***By this point triceps were really burning.
Weighted Bench Dips: 35# - 1 set/20 reps; 1 set/24 reps

BBL! :eek:

Today was chest, tris, and shoulders. I didn't feel like doing the PS breakdown from the sheet so I instead did the weight work from Muscle Endurance and then also did 4DS HIS. (I love that cardio!!!)

Next week I think I am going to do the December rotation - or at least a couple of weeks of it. I think I had better luck with doing more cardio. I haven't had as many gains this month with only doing cardio 3 times a week. I would love to do another check-in for it if others are going to do the same. I think the check-in definitely have their benefits. :)

Good morning everyone. This morning I did PS chest, shoulders and triceps and added some sets on. I added another set of dips using a 45# barbell so I hope I get some results from that. I swear my triceps just don't want to show any definition. I guess it's all the extra skin on top that's hiding them. lol

Debbie - are there any of your rotations that you would recommend to get us prepared for doing STS in March????

Have a good day,
Bev

Good Morning Girls!

Today was my running day, so ran 3 miles. I'll do PS CST tomorrow.
I'm not sure what I'll do after this. I need to do some more of my 1 rms. CTX should come in the mail this week, so I may do the weight portion from CTX. Not sure. I have enjoyed checking in with everyone!!

Have a great day!

Hi all,
I have not worked out yet. I am also interested in checking in with y'all if you are going to do FF's Dec. or Jan. rotation.
Veronika

Debbie - are there any of your rotations that you would recommend to get us prepared for doing STS in March????
Bev

Bev, I wouldn't even know what to recommend. STS is such a different type of training. One of the muscle building rotations would work or at least be the closest way of training like STS. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Hi Ladies! Did the wo as posted. Tacked on Providence. Not sure why, other than I hadn't done it in a bit. Not sure if I lost weight on this rotation, but I do notice a difference in the waistline of my pants, and my arms are showing more definition. Thanks so much Debbie!
Cookie

Checking in -

Did the workout scheduled for today using the workout sheets as I do not have the DVDs. Great workout.
I think after this rotation, I'm going to stop the splits for a month and focus on total body and circuit work. Just to give myself a break from the heavy. I must say, though, these are the first rotations I've stuck with. Maybe I've finally decided to get serious - my husbands 20 year reunion is this summer!!!!
Enjoy your day, ladies.
Until tomorrow...

I got up an hour later this afternoon (worked overnights Sat and Sun) , but that last hour I slept so HARD, and it felt great!

I'm glad PS: CST wasn't as long... I did add on the 3rd set on the 2 set exercises.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next week. I also have to get going on my 1RMs. I've done maybe 3 of them? :eek: I'm thinking maybe I'll look at Cathe's February rotation, or maybe do her January rotation. So many choices! I hate making decisions....

Had a great workout. Since I had the time and energy I threw in 1/2 of cardio today since I didn't do it yesterday. :eek: I did KPC for the first time....it was fun!

CHEST
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps (4 risers)
Bench Press w/u: 45# - 1 set/16 reps
Bench Press: 65#- 3 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 75# 3 sets/ 8/6/6
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's – 3 sets 8/8/8
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 20's - 10 reps
Incline Super Sets (Flyes into presses): 20's – 9 reps

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press: 20's – 2 sets/8 reps, 15’s – 1 set/10
Seated Clean & Press: 10's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 3 sets/10 reps
Reverse Flies: 10's – 3 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 15's – 10/10 (did these standing)
**threw in Upright Rows: 20’s - 10/10

TRICEPS
Close Grip DB Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps; 1 set/10 reps; 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 15's – 1 set/8, 12’s – 1 set/8, 10’s – 1 set/10
Cross Body Extensions: 15's – 3 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10's – 12 reps
Weighted Bench Dips: 25# - 2 sets/24 reps

CARDIO
Kick, Punch, Crunch
30 minutes (stopped at combination drills)

Oh my, Just finished the wo as scheduled using the worksheets. My tri's and shoulders are already feeling it. Got to luv it. Now time to go make dinner for the family.

See you tomorrow Veronika

Hello Ladies,

I worked Chest, Shoulders & Triceps too, not as scheduled in the rotation, but close enough.

I can't believe we're almost done with this rotation.

Debbie I think I am seeing more of an improvement in my upper body from using your rotations than when I did P90. I have to look up more of your rotations :)

PS Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps

Hey everyone. Posting my breakdown as I said earlier. I see some of you saying you would like to take a break from the heavy weights. How many months can you lift heavy before you take a break and do circuits, endurance, ect.? Does it matter or is it unique to each person?

CHEST
Push ups Regular: 2 sets (did about 10 full the rest knees)
Bench Press w/u: 35# - 1 set/16 reps
Bench Press: 45-50-45- 3 sets 10 reps ea
Incline Bench Press: 45# 3 sets 10,10,9 reps
Incline Chest Press: 20# – 3 sets 10,9,8
Incline Chest Flies: 20's - 10 reps
Incline Super Sets (Flyes into presses): 20's – 10 reps

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press: 12's,10's,8's
Seated Clean & Press: 10's, 8's
Side Lateral Raises: 10's 3 sets
Reverse Flies: 10's – 3 sets
Side Lateral Raises: 12's

TRICEPS
Close Grip DB Press – 20's 12,10,8 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10's 12,10,8 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 10's – 3 sets,10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 12's – 12 reps
Weighted Bench Dips: 20# - 2 sets20/24 reps

Good Evening ladies!

I hope everyone had had a great workout and a great day.

I just finished up my workout so I'm checking in.

PS-Chest,Shoulders,& Triceps-

Decline push ups- I can't do those so I did them regular but on my knees.
Bench Press W/up BB 1X16 rep w/25# sore right shoulder so taking it easy
Bench Press 2X10,BB 35
Incline Bench Press 2X10, BB 35#
Incline Chest Press 2X10, DB 12#
Incline Chest Fly 2X10, DB 15#
Superset Press/fly 2X10, DB 12#
Arnold Press 3X10, DB 12#
Seated clean/press 2X10, DB 2X8/6.6#
Standing Laterals 2X10, DB 8#
Reverse fly 2X10, DB 8#
Seated Laterals 1X16, DB 8#
Closed Grip Press 2X10,DB 10#
DB French Press 1X12, DB 10#
Dips 20/24 BB 20#

Core Max- Premix- Balanced Core= 22 min

After doing the PS Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's today I thought what? It can't be done, not yet! But it was. I had gotten used to Debbie's really tough killer rotation last week, which was much longer. My muscles were kind of pausing waiting for more, but it that was it! LOL!!! See, what you've done Debbie!:p:D

Thanks again for the great workout rotation you've put together last month and this one. I'm already seeing improvement and definition, you rock!

Hugs!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.